◆ SNAIL [Race Car] Series - Finished - Thanks to everyone who raced during the past 12 seasons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
14766702364_5007d27710_c.jpg

Active Driver
Defined as having priority entry over Part Time drivers in Knockout Qualifying and/or Main Event Races.
At the start of each season the series will be limited to 30 Active drivers.
  • New series applications will be accepted at the end of each season provided there is less than 30 Active drivers.
  • Part Time drivers will need to request to be re-instated to active status during this time until the series reaches the 30 Active driver limit.

Part Time Driver

Defined as any driver who fails to participate in either the Main Event or Knockout Qualifying for 4 consecutive weeks (excluding All Star races).
  • May participate in Main Events provide within top 10 in points.
  • May participate in Knockout Qualifying provide there are less than 14 “Active” drivers in the lobby.
  • May qualify for Main Event via knockout qualifying provided all other “Active” drivers make the cut.
Example – Main Event has 8 open spots to be filled from Knockout qualifying.
  • Knockout Qualifying has 7 “Active” drivers and 1 “Part Time” driver – All drivers move on to Main Event.
  • Knockout Qualifying has 7 “Active” drivers and 2 “Part Time” drivers – All "Active" drivers and the single fastest “Part Time” driver move on to Main Event.
  • Knockout Qualifying has 9 “Active” drivers and 2 “Part Time” drivers – Fastest 8 "Active" drivers move on to Main Event. “Part Time” drivers, regardless of times, do not qualify for Main Event.
Part Time drivers will need to request to be re-instated to “Active” driver status at the conclusion of the season until the series reaches the 30 “Active” driver limit.

This is to ensure "Active" drivers receive the priority entries they deserve for being active in the series yet still offering a chance for a Part Time driver to race. This should help provide some definition around these two terms.

As always, if you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks

Last edited:
Since I am not that talented, and once my tires get below about 6, my lap times tend to deteriorate rapidly, I try to pit to keep my slowest laps, exluding in and out laps and a lap where I might have an off or spin, within a max of 1.5 seconds of my posted fastest lap. The aliens out front, (after watching replays from Tsukuba a couple times, you might qualify as one, if for nothing else than how consistent your lap times were, even after you ran 20 laps of rubber off your tires, IIRC though, you did pit a second time, but really late in the race) seem to be able to run within 1 second of their best, even at the end of their stints, no matter how long they are. I model my pit strategy to emulate that, even if my skills and talent will only get me within 1-4 seconds of their lap times at any given time.

The absolute max I accept is 2 seconds slower than posted fastest. If lap times are above that, some new skids are indicated.

You are an absolute beast to consider running a 2 hour endurance and bounce into another 1.5 hour session of seat time. Just who do you think you are, Kurt Busch? ;) Watch out yer engine don't blow up. :sly:
I appreciate the compliment of calling me an alien lol. I do consider myself Fast, but i don't know if I'm an alien. Every year i try to be top 100 inside the online time trials of the GT academy. I have realized that without a wheel I may never become an alien. I posted 2 seconds faster in the 2nd year of the GT Academy using a GT force pro wheel obtaining 97th position over all inside the United States. Unfortunately my pedals wore thin and i eventually gave the wheel to my younger cousin as i thought all hope was denied. I am currently looking into a new fanatac wheel to compete on gt7 on the ps4 when the FIA online championship arrives. But for now ill stick to a controller and use my analog sticks and do exactly as you replied, (stay consistent) because if anything is true about these 40 minute races, its the fact that you never really know when to pit because you need to keep a keen eye on your fuel gauge to make sure you can reach the finish line in the shortest time possible. I actually pitted 3 times the very first race do to poor fuel management skills but still managed to finish on the lead lap. Of all things, i just hope to accomplish that, finishing on the lead lap. I absolutely hate getting over lapped. I do not mean to brag but 2 hours then another 1.5 hours, but it is not my longest race. Every year me and a few buddies do a New Years tradition and test the game to its limits running a very long endurance race. The furthest we have gone is 6 hours with lancers on Le Mans on GT5. So far on GT6 we have only done a 4 hour race and i hope to accomplish an online 24 hour race in the near future with a wired internet connection. You are very quick also my friend and you can expect me on your bumper in the near future! :cheers:

14808776512_86309db035_c.jpg

Below are the top 10 in points (plus the recent Individual Series Champion) with provisional entries into the Main Event. The below listed drivers need to confirm their intent to race next week at Twin Ring Motegi East Circuit by replying in this topic (no later than 8:00pm eastern on Race Day) with a simple post that they plan to race this week (Example - I plan to race this week). I will update the list accordingly.
  1. erazer13
  2. JWalker_SSR7
  3. GrimGrnninGhost - CONFIRMED
  4. dragonwhisky - CONFIRMED
  5. hognhominy
  6. CoachMK21 - CONFIRMED
  7. Parcells2 - CONFIRMED
  8. TEAMworkPLEASE - CONFIRMED
  9. GTPdangerzone641 - Will not be able to race this week
  10. brntguy - CONFIRMED
Past Champion - turnupdaheat - CONFIRMED

All other divers not in the top 10 will need to qualify for the race via the "Knock-Out Qualifying Procedure".

Thanks and see you on the track Wednesday night!

Last edited:

Just a reminder that I will be hosting a Season 3 Testing Session Monday 8/4/14 @9:00pm eastern. This week we will be testing the 2006 Corvette Z06 (C6) LM Race Car at the following tracks:
  • High Speed Ring
  • Tokyo R246
  • Indianapolis Speedway
  • Indianapolis Road Course
  • Daytona Road Course
Looking forward to seeing you guys on the track.

14582061339_0f553e4c7d_c.jpg

Wednesday Nights @ 9:00pm EDT
Knock-Out Qualifying Lobby opens at 8:00pm EDT

Open to Everyone!

Welcome to the S.N.A.I.L. Wednesday Night “Race Car” Series. The goal of the series is to provide an enjoyable and competitive night of racing using only purpose built stock race cars on some of the best tracks GT6 has to offer. We will only use race cars that allow driver numbers to be added/modified and that can be painted. Each night will consist of two 40 minute races (each requiring a pit stop) as part of a 4 week season. Although strongly encouraged, you do not need to be a S.N.A.I.L. driver to participate and is open to all clean and respectful drivers.

League Director / Host - GrimGrnninGhost
Scorekeeper - Primary - GrimGrnninGhost
Statistician - Primary - GrimGrnninGhost
Replay Uploader - Primary - Wardenclyffe
Series Photographers - TBD, TBD
Series Videographer - BrntGuy
Series Writer - TBD
Series Stewards - GrimGrnninGhost, TBD, TBD

Season 1 Highlight Video

Special thanks to @brntguy for the video!

Season 2 Promo Video

Special thanks to @brntguy for the video!

14765892661_61b28549e3_c.jpg

All cars are to remain stock except for required Oil Change and Brake Balance & Torque Settings (4WD Only) adjustments (if desired)

14582350550_5f30f1b33b_c.jpg

07/23/2014
Suzuka Circuit

07/30/2014
Tsukuba Circuit

08/06/2014
Twin Ring Motegi East Circuit

08/13/2014
Tokyo R246

08/20/2014
All Star Race
(non-points race)
Nürburgring Type V (Day Race) - (See below for qualifications)​

14582429348_186fc5bed8_c.jpg

Race Format
  • Two - 40 minute timed races.
  • 10 minute break between races.
  • Grid position for first race determined by 10 minute qualifying season prior to the start of race one.
  • Grid position for second race determined by reverse finishing position from race one.
  • Do not leave the lobby between races. Should you leave or be disconnected and come back in between races, you will need to fall to the back of the field SAFELY prior to turn #1. (rule added 6/29/14).
  • All competitors must complete a minimum of 1 pit stop per race.
  • Drivers coming off and on pit road always stay on the correct side of the pit road line (DO NOT cross the solid line).
  • All races will be run under clear weather conditions (no rain) however some races may be at night (refer to schedule for specifics).
  • If you get disconnected or decide to quit during a race you will get a DNF and finish last.
  • If more than one person quits or gets disconnected during a race, your finishing position will be determined by the number of laps completed.

Eligible Drivers
  • Although encouraged, you do not need to be a S.N.A.I.L. driver to participate.
  • Current Top 10 drivers are potentially (see Knock-Out Qualifying for specifics) locked into the Main Events (Main Event Qualification and both A & B Main Event Races).
  • Prior to 8:00 pm eastern on race night:
    • All current top 10 drivers, Recent Series Champion and Grim must have confirmed in the official GTPlanet thread (this one) that they intend to race.
    • Simple post of “I plan to race this week” will meet this requirement.
    • Grim will track these and update the anticipated starting grid accordingly.
    • Any top 10 driver and recent Series Champion that fails to do the above by 8:00pm eastern on race night and wants to race in the Main Event will need to earn their spot on the grid by participating the Knock-Out Qualifying.

Knock-Out Qualifying

GrimGrnninGhost will count the locked in Main Event drivers (per the above procedure) and announce how many grid spots are available for the Main Events both in the GTPlanet thread and in the Lobby.

8:00pm – 8:40pm (EDT) – Knock-Out Qualifying (Practice Mode)
  • 8:00pm eastern - Official Practice Lobby opens for drivers outside the top 10 in points and any current top 10 driver and recent Series Champion who did not confirm participation per the above procedure.
  • Entry into the Knock-Out Qualifying lobby is reserved to the first 15 Active Drivers that enter the lobby.
  • Part time drivers may enter provided there are less than 14 Active drivers in the lobby.
  • You must not leave the lobby as your lap times may be erased.
  • Drivers participating in the Knock-Out Qualifying may join at any time during this 40 min window. No requirement to run the full 40 mins however you do need to give yourself enough time to get on the track and log a lap time.
  • Can run as many or as few of laps as needed.
  • Remaining grid positions for the Main Events to be determined by fastest practice times during the Knock-Out Qualifying Lobby up until 8:40pm eastern.
  • A photo of Best Times will be taken by Grim at 8:40 to lock in the best times.
  • Grim will announce who has made it through Knock-Out Qualifying and qualified for the Main Events.
  • In the event we have more spots available than participants at the conclusion of the Knock-Out Qualifying, then everyone will advance to the Main Events!
  • Knock-Out Qualifying lobby crashes - In the event of the lobby crashing in the final 15 mins of Knock-Out Qualifying, grid positions will be awarded based on first come first serve into the original Knock-Out Qualifying lobby. If lobby crashes within first 25 mins, a new lobby will be set up and drivers will need to post new times in an abbreviated session.
  • Main Event locked in drivers may enter lobby during this time however are not allowed to enter the track. Depending on space, I may ask for some of the locked in drivers to temporarily leave the lobby to ensure enough room for “Knock-Out Qualifying” participants.
8:40pm – 9:05pm – All Main Event drivers enter lobby and prepare for Main Event Qualification
  • 8:45pm eastern – All Main Event drivers enter lobby and prepare for Main Event Qualification. Practice Laps are allowed by all.
  • Drivers knocked out during the Knock-Out Qualifying will need to leave the lobby. Sorry.
The below schedule of events remains unchanged
  • 9:05pm – 9:15pm - Main Event Qualifying (10 Min Qualification Mode)
  • 9:15pm – 9:55pm – “A” Main (40 Min Endurance Race)
  • 9:55pm – 10:05pm – Intermission (Break) - Do not leave the lobby!
  • 10:05pm – 10:45pm – “B” Main (40 Min Endurance Race – Inverted Grid)

General Rules
  • We expect all drivers to follow the S.N.A.I.L. OLR(which is a modified version of the GTP OLR) and pursue good racecraft at all times.
  • If you're not sure what good racecraft is, watch this video.
  • It can be summed up in one simple 'Golden Rule' of motorsports: It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver, meaning the car that is attempting to execute the pass, to make sure that the pass is made cleanly and incident free. If you don't agree with this rule or don't think it applies to you, this is not the series for you.
  • "Blue Flag" expectations can be found here.
  • If you ever feel like a driver is not following the rules, please wait until league night is over, and then file a Racing Incident Report.
  • Our Stewards will review the incident and enforce the appropriate penalty on the driver in question.
  • Drivers who fail to participate in any of the previous season's races will be moved to Part Time Driver Status
  • Part time drivers will be allowed to re-apply to Active driver status at the start of the following season based on case by case request.

Application Procedure

Due to recent increase in new driver applications, we have temporarily closed new applications to this season. Sorry
  • GTPlanet ID
  • PSN ID
  • Racing Number – Refer to Driver List below for Available Numbers (#1 reserved for previous Season Champion).
  • By submitting your application you agree to the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR) along with following The Good Racecraft Guide.

Lobby Configuration

Room Privacy: Public
Room Comment: SNAIL-Wed Night Race Car Series
Race Type: Race for Real
Fixed Room Host: No
Max Number of Participants: 16
Race Quality: High
Voice Chat Quality: Off
Course Settings: Refer to Schedule Above
Start Type: Grid Start w/ False Start Check
Boost: Off
Penalty: Weak
Visible Damage: Off
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Real
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Very Fast (except during All Star Race which will be set to Fast)
Grip Reduction: Real
Minimum No. of Pit Stops: 1
Required Tire Compound Change: Off
Tire Restrictions: (based on PP after oil change)​
  • 450 PP & below -> Sports Softs
  • 451 – 599 PP ----> Racing Hards
  • 600 PP & above -> Racing Mediums
Nitrous: Prohibited
Vehicle Tuning: Prohibited
Driving Aids: Only ABS 1 allowed

Season Selection Process
  • Prior to the end of each season, GrimGrnninGhost will provide three proposed schedules (car/track combinations) for consideration for the next season.
  • At the completion of the current season, each driver will be allowed to cast 1 vote per the number of races participated in previous season. (If you raced in all 8 races, you get 8 votes. If you raced in 1 race, you get 1 vote).
  • Season combo earning the most votes by 9:00pm EDT on the following Friday will be chosen for the next season.

Point System

Pole Position= 1
1st = 16
2nd = 15
3rd = 14
4th = 13
5th = 12
6th = 11
7th = 10
8th = 9
9th = 8
10th = 7
11th = 6
12th = 5
13th = 4
14th = 3
15th = 2
16th = 1​

Individual Championship
  • All participants are eligible for the Individual Season Championship.
  • Total points earned during the season will determine the Season Champion.
  • In case of a tie in points after the completion of a season, the tie breaker will be determined by their # of wins during the season, if there is still a tie it will be broken by who had the best overall finishes.
  • Individual Champion earns the right to the #1 car number for the next season.

Optional Team Championship
  • Open to all drivers.
  • No extra racing is required.
  • Teams consist of two drivers which divisional total must equal 6 or greater.
  • Example – D1 driver can team up with a D5 driver (1+5=6) or two D3 drivers on the same team (3+3=6).
  • Division assignments based on the following:
    • S.N.A.I.L. Drivers - Based on Sunday S.N.A.I.L. division assignments at the conclusion of the previous Wednesday Night Series Season.
    • Non S.N.A.I.L. Drivers – Based in performance during previous season (must have competed in 4 Races (two weeks) to be ranked.
  • Teams can’t change until after Wed Night Race Car Season is finished.
  • All teams must change team mates at the end of each season
  • Points awarded based on point system above.
  • Team champions qualify for All Star Race.

Wednesday Night All Star Race
  • At the conclusion the each season, a single All Star race will take place.
  • All Star Race to take place the week after the season concludes.
  • Single race lasting 1 hour (plus qualifying).
  • Eligibility to participate in the season ending All Star race is as follows (15 drivers max).
  • All past series champions - based on most recent results.
  • If spots still open – Past All Star Race winners - based on most recent results.
  • If spots still open – Past team series champions - based on most recent results.
  • If spots still open – Past individual race winners - based on most recent results.
  • If spots still open – Past individual second place finishers - based on most recent results.
  • If spots still open – Past individual third place finishers - based on most recent results.
14769060965_b399ca949e_c.jpg

Active Driver
Defined as having priority over Part Time drivers in Knockout Qualifying and/or Main Event Races. At the start of each season the series will be limited to 30 Active drivers.
  • New series applications will be accepted at the end of each season provided there is less than 30 Active drivers.
  • Part Time drivers will need to request to be re-instated to active status during this time until the series reaches the 30 Active driver limit.
Active Drivers - 30 Drivers
#1 - turnupdaheat - Reserved for Season Champion
#2 - GrimGrnninGhost
#3 - zii1993
#4 - Norml_N
#5 - dcschwinn
#6 - Volcoman3
#7 - Neovre
#9 - CoachMK21
#11 - Parcells2
#12 - jay-c2000
#13 - dragonwhisky
#14 - DoublePass
#15 - GTP_Lousteezy
#16 - GTPdangerzone641
#19 - JLBowler
#23 - Jakedog23
#24 - goofytyler1995
#27 - turnupdaheat
#37 - JWalker_SSR7
#42 - Wardenclyffe
#50 - TEAMworkPLEASE
#59 - ZMalinowski
#66 - xsitement
#69 - brntguy
#72 - hognhominy
#78 - erazer13
#86 - Blueninjacivic
#88 - SkiwiNV
#91 - euclid58
#92 - Fallen_log
#98 - race_emhard

Part Time Driver
Defined as any driver who fails to participate in either the Main Event or Knockout Qualifying for 4 consecutive weeks (excluding All Star races).
  • May participate in Knockout Qualifying provide there are less than 14 “Active” drivers in the lobby.
  • May qualify for Main Event via knockout qualifying provided all other “Active” drivers make the cut.
  • Knockout Qualifying has 7 “Active” drivers and 1 “Part Time” driver – All drivers move on to Main Event.
  • Knockout Qualifying has 7 “Active” drivers and 2 “Part Time” drivers – All "Active" drivers and the single fastest “Part Time” driver move on to Main Event.
  • Knockout Qualifying has 9 “Active” drivers and 2 “Part Time” drivers – Fastest 8 "Active" drivers move on to Main Event. “Part Time” drivers, regardless of times, do not qualify for Main Event.
Part Time drivers will need to request to be re-instated to “Active” driver status at the conclusion of the season until the series reaches the 30 “Active” driver limit.

Part Time Drivers - 6 Drivers
#10 - ruddy2uesday
#17 - Joe_DiBen
#28 - Adventuruss
#29 - mlbguy4life
#48 - nail-27
#62 - GTP_ParkerMO125

For any other questions you may have, please let me know.​

See you on the track!

I hope i'm not too late but, i'd like to prticipate in these events. GTplanet id reigninblood PSN id reigninblood1975, color night shade, number 57

Active Driver
Defined as having priority entry over Part Time drivers in Knockout Qualifying and/or Main Event Races.
At the start of each season the series will be limited to 30 Active drivers.

Part Time Driver

This is to ensure "Active" drivers receive the priority entries they deserve for being active in the series yet still offering a chance for a Part Time driver to race. This should help provide some definition around these two terms.

As always, if you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks

Quick question? Where do I fall in those categories? I know I'm not in the top 10.. But am I considered an Active or Part Time at this point? I like the layout of the knockout qualifying.!! For me at least! it's great because I have no other choice but to keep practicing and getting faster to ensure myself a spot! Its a cool layout!! Just let me know when you get a chance if you would? Thanks!!

I hope i'm not too late but, i'd like to prticipate in these events. GTplanet id reigninblood PSN id reigninblood1975, color night shade, number 57
Hey reigninblood1975.

Thanks for your interest in the series however we are currently at our limit of active drivers and have temporarily stopped accepting new applications to join the series. Please check back in a few weeks when we finish our current season as that is when we might open the process to new drivers. Thanks

Quick question? Where do I fall in those categories? I know I'm not in the top 10.. But am I considered an Active or Part Time at this point? I like the layout of the knockout qualifying.!! For me at least! it's great because I have no other choice but to keep practicing and getting faster to ensure myself a spot! Its a cool layout!! Just let me know when you get a chance if you would? Thanks!!

If you look at the bottom of the OP, I maintain the list of Active and Part Time Drivers.

No worries. Glad you like the process. Track time will only make you faster

Working on it... I'm really liking that brake mod. Still have to get used to it but I can tell it's gunna help out quite substantially!!

"If at first you don't succeed,: Try, try, try again." ;)

Hey reigninblood1975.

Thanks for your interest in the series however we are currently at our limit of active drivers and have temporarily stopped accepting new applications to join the series. Please check back in a few weeks when we finish our current season as that is when we might open the process to new drivers. Thanks

Alright thanks anyways. it never hurts to ask.

Just a reminder that I will be hosting a Season 3 Testing Session tonight @9:00pm eastern. This week we will be testing the 2006 Corvette Z06 (C6) LM Race Car (Race Medium Tires) at the following tracks:
  • High Speed Ring
  • Tokyo R246
  • Indianapolis Speedway
  • Daytona Road Course

Just a reminder that I will be hosting a​
Season 3 Testing Session​
tonight @9:00pm eastern. This week we will be testing the​
2006 Corvette Z06 (C6) LM Race Car​
(Race Medium Tires) at the following tracks:​
  • High Speed Ring
  • Tokyo R246
  • Indianapolis Speedway
  • Daytona Road Course
Last week's session was fun; I'll be there tonight. If work doesn't go long I'll join or create a practice room for the current season's upcoming race at Twin Ring Motegi East prior to the Z06 LM testing session.

I just created a practice lobby for Wednesday's race:
1472-6118-3916-1737-9393

At some point I'm taking the dogs for a 20ish minute walk, so if you join and I seem to be gone I probably am gone but will be right back. I will close it by 9 PM so I can join Grim's testing lobby.

Just a reminder that I will be hosting a Season 3 Testing Session tonight @9:00pm eastern. This week we will be testing the 2006 Corvette Z06 (C6) LM Race Car (Race Medium Tires) at the following tracks:
  • High Speed Ring
  • Tokyo R246
  • Indianapolis Speedway
  • Daytona Road Course
Lobby Open - Friends Room Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back