◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,755 comments
bnmTDRx.jpg

It's my pleasure to announce SNAIL's sponsorship of Nick McMillen for his upcoming season in the
Blancpain Endurance Series!! As you guys probably know, Nick is the 2013 US GT Academy Champion and these upcoming races represent the next steps in his journey "from Virtual to Reality".. And since SNAIL represents the "Virtual" part of his journey, we think it's only fitting that we're there to support him in the "Reality" portion of his career as well. Sponsoring Nick will result in more exposure for the league and it'll be a lot of fun too. :)

For those of you that would like to participate, we've put together some sponsorship packages that will not only allow you support Nick's career and help promote SNAIL, but will also enable you to score some sweet SNAIL swag! Here's a list of the available sponsorship packages and the gifts you'll receive with each:

Platinum Sponsor ($150)
- You will receive the Gold, Silver, and Bronze gifts, plus a SNAIL shirt (size XL) with our current logo, and a copy of GTPEDIA!

Gold Sponsor ($100) - You will receive the Silver and Bronze gifts, plus a shirt (any size) with the new SNAIL logo!

Silver Sponsor ($50) - You will receive the Bronze gift, plus a frameable print of Nick McMillen (and his race car) provided by the guys who manage GT Academy. The print will include our logo and will also be autographed with a personalized message from Nick!

Bronze Sponsor ($30) - You will receive a package of decals/stickers with the new SNAIL logo!

If you would to be an official sponsor of Nick, please reply to this post with the sponsorship package you would like. If we are able to exceed our fundraising goal, all of the extra proceeds will be used to buy things for Team SNAIL to bid on in the Marketplace. Thanks for your support!

List of Sponsors:
@KTR5 - Gold (Medium shirt)
@hooker4 - Bronze

@jobyone - Bronze
@fzappa - Gold (XXL shirt)
@goofytyler - Silver
@whatbadgerseat - Bronze
@chatva - Gold (Medium shirt)
@dgaf95integra - Platinum (Large shirt)
@Handlebar - Platinum (XL shirt)
@TEX36 - Platinum (XL shirt)
@Chiochan - Platinum (Large shirt)
@fizzer - Gold (Large shirt)
@AJKVail - Platinum (XL shirt)
@Schmiggz - Platinum (Large shirt)
@Mark II - Bronze
@Troggy - Silver
@gumsdad - Platinum (XXL shirt)
@dabneyd - Gold (Large shirt)

Last edited:
bnmTDRx.jpg

It's my pleasure to announce SNAIL's sponsorship of Nick McMillen for his upcoming season in the
Blancpain Endurance Series!! As you guys probably know, Nick is the 2013 US GT Academy Champion and these upcoming races represent the next steps in his journey "from Virtual to Reality".. And since SNAIL represents the "Virtual" part of his journey, we think it's only fitting that we're there to support him in the "Reality" portion of his career as well. Sponsoring Nick will result in more exposure for the league and it'll be a lot of fun too. :)

For those of you that would like to participate, we've put together some sponsorship packages that will not only allow you support Nick's career and help promote SNAIL, but will also enable you to score some sweet SNAIL swag! Here's a list of the available sponsorship packages and the gifts you'll receive with each:

Platinum Sponsor ($150)
- You will receive the Gold, Silver, and Bronze gifts, plus a SNAIL shirt (size XL) with our current logo, and a copy of GTPEDIA!

Gold Sponsor ($100) - You will receive the Silver and Bronze gifts, plus a shirt (any size) with the new SNAIL logo!

Silver Sponsor ($50) - You will receive the Bronze gift, plus a frameable print of Nick McMillen (and his race car) provided by the guys who manage GT Academy. The print will include our logo and will also be autographed with a personalized message from Nick!

Bronze Sponsor ($30) - You will receive a package of decals/stickers with the new SNAIL logo!

If you would to be an official sponsor of Nick, please reply to this post with the sponsorship package you would like. If we are able to exceed our fundraising goal, all of the extra proceeds will be used to buy things for Team SNAIL to bid on in the Marketplace. Thanks for your support!

What kind of time frame are you looking to complete this by? Also can I donate less $ and just not get any of those gifts?

The problem is that when you get banged around by several drivers you think two things...do I file on everyone OR is this just how it is in Fight Club (D1)?

So largely things go unreported because we don't want to rock the proverbial boat and we don't want to be THAT guy who filed on everyone...then you are the A-Hole new guy.

So damned if you do, damned if you don't.

That may be your opinion, but I'm sure people have lots of reasons for filing/not filing a complaint.

Personally, any time I've been on the receiving end of a file-able incident, the offender has immediately waited for me to resume race pace in front of them. Or I felt the contact was simply due to close, hard, and fair racing.

I value great side-by-side action and may the best driver win over defending my track position too vehemently. After all, there's really no pressure to win in snail other than what you put on yourself. I won't lay over either, but if I've been beat fair and square, it is what it is.

This Sunday was as close as I've come to filing an incident, but after closer review of the replay, the action happening in my blind spot wasn't as cut-and-dry as I first thought, so I didn't feel the need.

I've had incidents filed against me, but honestly I don't even remember who it was. I don't begrudge anyone for filing incidents, that's why the steward system is great. There's 2 sides to every story, but the stewards have final say and I respect that even if I might not agree.

I can't speak for others, but I'd be surprised if your theory of incident non-filing is correct for the majority of drivers in D1 or any division.

bnmTDRx.jpg

Platinum Sponsor ($150)

I would like to become a GOLD level sponsor.

[quite="zer05ive, post: 9541473, member: 190831"]
bnmTDRx.jpg

Platinum Sponsor ($150)

If you would to be an official sponsor of Nick, please reply to this post with the sponsorship package you would like. If we are able to exceed our fundraising goal, all of the extra proceeds will be used to buy things for Team SNAIL to bid on in the Marketplace. Thanks for your support![/quote]
Im In for a bronze package. Pm me info on where to send the money please sir.

D1 data has been entered to the Results Doc for 4/6/2014

Pole times:
Round 1 : @CarCzar - 1:32.865
Round 2: @CarCzar - 57.643
Round 3: @CarCzar - 1:27.267

Fast Laps:
Round 1 Race 1 : @Adventuruss - 1:32.389
Round 1 Race 2 : @CarCzar - 1:32.786

Round 2 Race 1 : @CarCzar - 57.563
Round 2 Race 2 : @Adventuruss - 57.617

Round 3 Race 1 : @Adventuruss - 1:27.039
Round 3 Race 2 : @fizzer - 1:27.454

Fast Race:
Round 1: 10:59.654
Round 2: 10:42.620
Round 3: 10:20.627

Highest Gap, first to last:
Round 3, Race 1: 34.297

Smallest Gap, first to last:
Round 1, Race 1: 17.094

A wild night in D1 for sure. Many new faces and a rather large grid made for some great (and some less-than-great) action throughout the field. Hugh--unsavoryname (@CarCzar ) set the pace all night with @Adventuruss close behind, but struggling to convert pace to points.

Connections seemed fairly stable, with only a pair of drivers suffering from disconnections. April should prove to be a highly competitive season in D1. Like F1 this year, it seems that some fresh (ish) faces are putting the pressure on prior seasons' contenders to up their game!

Data is available here.

@jobyone, @Dragonwhisky - All replays have been uploaded.

What kind of time frame are you looking to complete this by? Also can I donate less $ and just not get any of those gifts?
I'm on a time table set by GTA Global (the marketing guys behind GT Academy), but I'm not going to let that affect this. For example, they wanted half of the payment taken care of before the first race so that they could proceed with making a couple of SNAIL logos for Nick's helmet. I've already send the check and will be sending the second half of the payment in July.

However, the earlier we can determine who wants to be a sponsor, the earlier I can buy the shirts and the stickers etc. For example, I'll need to know everyone's shirt sizes in order to place an accurate order. Last time I ordered a bunch of SNAIL shirts (to give to the division champions each month), a lot of it was based on guesstimates and I ended up with lots of shirts in the wrong sizes. :ouch: This time, I'd like to place an order for the exact quantity in the exact sizes. 👍

And yes, you can absolutely donate less than $30 if you would like. :)

That may be your opinion, but I'm sure people have lots of reasons for filing/not filing a complaint.

I can't speak for others, but I'd be surprised if your theory of incident non-filing is correct for the majority of drivers in D1 or any division.
Then you'd be surprised ;) I know of several people who just left instead of being the victim in D1 week in and week out. Or people who expected the pinnacle of cleanliness in addition to the pinnacle of hot lapping. But instead got the pinnacle of aggressive driving, excuses and hot lapping. Remember it only takes a couple of bad eggs to ruin the whole basket.

It's all good. People don't talk about their peers to their peers...you know...Fight Club and all that.

It's just a different world in that room. No qualms about it. I remember being in a lobby (some of us were previous D1 guys) awhile ago chatting about promotion/relegation and the question was asked..."Any volunteers to move up to D1?" and the consensus was a resounding "hell no" ;)

Last edited:
bnmTDRx.jpg

Platinum Sponsor ($150)

List of Sponsors:
Platinum
Gold
Silver

Bronze
Put me down for Bronze. I want some stickers!

Then you'd be surprised ;) I know of several people who just left instead of being the victim in D1 week in and week out. Or people who expected the pinnacle of cleanliness in addition to the pinnacle of hot lapping. But instead got the pinnacle of aggressive driving, excuses and hot lapping. Remember it only takes a couple of bad eggs to ruin the whole basket.

It's all good. People don't talk about their peers to their peers...you know...Fight Club and all that.

It's just a different world in that room. No qualms about it. I remember being in a lobby (some of us were previous D1 guys) awhile ago chatting about promotion/relegation and the question was asked..."Any volunteers to move up to D1?" and the consensus was a resounding "hell no" ;)

It's a different world for sure! This weekend was my first weekend in d1 (I am part of the D1.5 group) It was not as clean as I was expecting (although i was guilty of one or two bumps as well) I think it will get better though, a lot of the problem was there are 6-7 new guys in the group this weekend, and we aren't used to racing each other. So i am hoping it will get better as the weeks progress. That and reverse grid the top group I am about .5 seconds off their pace, which leads to some not so "SNAILY" racing sometimes. Same thing as Chuyler mentioned, I never followed the gt acadamy races, so I am not "starstruck" by anyone, just dumbfounded at the speed.

On a positive note, even after just one night of racing with everyone I noticed my speed is bumping up quite a bit! Hopefully it will continue to improve as quickly.

Here @KTR5, this is the honest best i could do and thanks to my paddle shifters it was finally possible and a bit of erractic fast cornering around the esesses section and last turn before the straight

Attachments

• 20140408_154354.jpg
    20140408_154354.jpg
    663.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20140408_154408.jpg
    20140408_154408.jpg
    809.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 20140408_153920.jpg
    20140408_153920.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 8
I'm on a time table set by GTA Global (the marketing guys behind GT Academy), but I'm not going to let that affect this. For example, they wanted half of the payment taken care of before the first race so that they could proceed with making a couple of SNAIL logos for Nick's helmet. I've already send the check and will be sending the second half of the payment in July.

However, the earlier we can determine who wants to be a sponsor, the earlier I can buy the shirts and the stickers etc. For example, I'll need to know everyone's shirt sizes in order to place an accurate order. Last time I ordered a bunch of SNAIL shirts (to give to the division champions each month), a lot of it was based on guesstimates and I ended up with lots of shirts in the wrong sizes. :ouch: This time, I'd like to place an order for the exact quantity in the exact sizes. 👍

And yes, you can absolutely donate less than $30 if you would like. :)
Awesome! I was gonna ask, do we get to see some SNAIL logo on the official car/helmet livery?

Question - is this "new" SNAIL logo the same one on the front page? Or a new design yet to be released? Or was it already released and I'm just out of the loop?

Racing is give and take, live and learn. A winner learns when to give, and lives to take.

Some of you are forgetting that the highest levels of motorsport, are always the most aggressive. You wont find any real life, closed-wheel, tight packed racing that doesnt tap rears or trade paint, nor will you here.

Lets not forget the ultimate goal in racing, to win. Dont let anything hold you back, push to the limits at all times, and stay away from penalties. Someones aggressive? Hopefully its you.

Aggressive is not a substitute for clean, they co-exist.

Last edited:
Racing is give and take, live and learn. A winner learns when to give, and lives to take.

Some of you are forgetting that the highest levels of motorsport, are always the most aggressive. You wont find any real life, closed-wheel, tight packed racing that doesnt tap rears or trade paint, nor will you here.

Lets not forget the ultimate goal in racing, to win. Dont let anything hold you back, push to the limits at all times, and stay away from penalties. Someones aggressive? Hopefully its you.

I agree with a lot of what you say. But there are consequences at the top tier in real life that do not exist in the virtual world. First and foremost we want SNAIL to be a place where people have fun. Having an overly aggressive driver take you out with no real world ramifications sucks. That is why we have penalties. But if people do not file incidents then there is no cost to running people off the road. Remember it is not what you feel is acceptable but what the league has laid out in its rules and OLR that is acceptable.

Lets try to keep this a fun place to race. Mistakes happen. Aggressive driving does not have to be tolerated. Everyone that races here agreed to the OLR.

If someone does not like the OLR and think it does not apply to then then why are they here? Why should we allow them to be here? This is not directed at anyone in particular just saying. If you do not like the rules feel free to find somewhere with rules you do like. If you are going to stay here please follow the rules that you agreed to when you joined.

Not usually.

And contact is not acceptable in SNAIL as stated here:

Maybe not in real life racing. Actually, in SNAIL, it does mean exactly that. Incidental contact that doesn't affect either driver, or, doesn't affect the driver that got hit, is only acceptable if the driver being hit deems it so. So far as I'm concerned, being tapped anywhere else but where draft bumping is beneficial is unacceptable. It depends greatly on the relationship between the bumper and the bumpee.

Contact is certainly not acceptable anywhere near a corner entrance.

I just watched RUSH last night for the first time. And you (and your ilk) sound like James Hunt while the rest of us are Niki Lauda ;)

Ninja'd by Joby apparently ;)

I agree with a lot of what you say. But there are consequences at the top tier in real life that do not exist in the virtual world. First and foremost we want SNAIL to be a place where people have fun. Having an overly aggressive driver take you out with no real world ramifications sucks. That is why we have penalties. But if people do not file incidents then there is no cost to running people off the road. Remember it is not what you feel is acceptable but what the league has laid out in its rules and OLR that is acceptable.

Lets try to keep this a fun place to race. Mistakes happen. Aggressive driving does not have to be tolerated. Everyone that races here agreed to the OLR.

If someone does not like the OLR and think it does not apply to then then why are they here? Why should we allow them to be here? This is not directed at anyone in particular just saying. If you do not like the rules feel free to find somewhere with rules you do like. If you are going to stay here please follow the rules that you agreed to when you joined.
agreed. I should have been more clear on my idea of aggressive, which is being as close behind you without touching as possible, or if side by side, giving just enough track, not extra. By that understanding, an aggressive driver is something you must deal with.

Sic 'em Joby...

Back