◆ S.N.A.I.L. Stamina Series "Wednesday Night"

Don't think I'll have my rig back together this week in time to make this. Probably be lucky if I make it in for Sunday's set.

The only strategy I see is. Do you pit on the second or third lap.

pits will be closed till lap 4 according to owen. the faster guys could one stop no problem. I'm slow so I will run hards out then switch to mediums.

Owens, i'ld like to register,
chatva
#39-Sanora (black)

REGISTERED RACERS:
1: OwensRacing / OwensRacing
#27-White (Gold)

2: Marcus Garvey/Marcus__Garvey
#79-Green (Aluminum)

3: Dragonwhisky / dragonwhisky
#13 Blue (Copper)

4: Dabneyd / Dabneyd
#8 Matte Dark Silver (Matte Black)

5: GTP_Ph7shr / GTP_Ph7shr
#7 Lightening blue (Lightening blue)

6: AJKVail / AJK-VAIL
#14 Mazda Blue (Mazda Blue)

7: Wolfsatz / Wolfsatz
#9 Maziora Mazeran(Indy Yellow Pearl)

8: bandit0627/Bandit0627
#16 Black (Black)

9: Xradkins/ Xrad-11
#11 Red (White)

10: racefan78/racefan78
#78 Metallic Silver

11: dangerzone641/GTP_DZ
#XX Lime Green (White)

12: qwietstorm/QwietStorm03
#34 Yellow (Blue)

13: kendawg/Kendawg198
#98 (Ron)Burgandy (Gold)

14: brandofo/brandofo
#85 Purple (Silver)

15: dsgerbc/dsgerbc
#47 Orange (Black)

16: Fastfox400 / Fastfox400
#3 Black (Gold)

RESERVE:

17: Adventuruss / Adventuruss
#29 Flat Black (???)[/QUOTE]

Got you two added to the roster.

Dan and Danger, sorry to see you guys pull out. I moved you to the reserve list. This way you can still jump in if a certain combo pops up that just tickles your fancy.

Who's ready for Lotus action tonight? This car is a blast. Loads of turn in and rotation. Not over powered. The new tire option will a be fun strategy.

Looking forward to tonight's race!

As am I Owen. Trying to finish up here at the office so I can get home in time. New G machine project in the works. I think the Miata is a little over kill.. Killed another diff on the dyno today..

Just posting to lets you know that I will be on the track tonight. "Caution, #11 is going to the track!"

I did some 40 laps on the RM tires and never even warmed them up, much. And the gas consumption is minimal, too. I like the forced tire change to mix it up, good call. Not sure the fast tire wear is for me, so I like normal tire wear also.

Cya Snails in D3 on time this week.

X

I think having it on fast would make the race more interesting. As I think I could do the race with out ever running out of fuel or even tires for that matter.,

Got you two added to the roster.

Dan and Danger, sorry to see you guys pull out. I moved you to the reserve list. This way you can still jump in if a certain combo pops up that just tickles your fancy.

Who's ready for Lotus action tonight? This car is a blast. Loads of turn in and rotation. Not over powered. The new tire option will a be fun strategy.

Looking forward to tonight's race!

You might as well take me off the list fully, can't race on weekdays so there's no point for me in there lol

Hey guys, I'm sorry but i won't be able to race tonight. Too much homework :yuck:

It may be a good idea to move me to the reserve list for this series, as Wednesday nights have been really bad for me lately.

E1748E30-4192-486B-85FF-78B0377D96E6-496-00000045A9A944BE_zps82b86a2e.jpg

Next week we will be using:

Car- Subaru IMPREZA TC (587pp)
Tires- Racing Mediums
Track- Spa
Laps- 38+1

NOTE:
The differential split is adjustable while using tuning prohibited. Recommended setting
Diff (35F/65R)
Brakes (4F/6R)

Last edited:
Great racing all around this evening. A number of varying pit strategies placed folks 30+ seconds apart during the race only to finish within seconds or less at the finish. I don't recall the exact lap times, but I believe the top 4 or 5 qualifiers were within .5-.6 seconds. Certainly a field to be contested.

At the start I hadn't decided my pit stops yet, and was planning to assess the situation as the race would unfold. Heading into lap 4 when the pits opened, I chose to grab RM tyres early. I figured that the field would largely pass me by, maintaining my open track ahead; and the group that pit on the same lap would not become traffic as they would follow me out of the pits. Doing so, I knew I needed to make up as much time as I could before the lead pack was to pit in. I was able to reel the leaders back in to less than 10 seconds, which allowed me to pull a heavy lead on each as they all pit for their first time. Running down on my RM tyres around lap 32 I had regained the lead, and chose to pit in to split the laps evenly between the tyres. Coming out of the pits Nic had over a 10 second lead, which I had anticipated. At this point my focus was to maintain pace and not overcook the tyres early in the stint. As Nic pit in for fresh tyres, I turned up my pace a bit to try to claw as much of a lead as I could; knowing he would be pulling back time towards the end of the race with fresher tyres. We maintained a gap up until around lap 50, where we stood somewhere around 18-19 seconds apart. At that moment I decided to cut my risks and maintain position, knowing that all I needed to do was prevent Nic from pulling more than 2 seconds per lap. As the race closed, between traffic and wavering tyres; Nic closed the gap quite a bit in the final laps. Upon the white flag he had run up to within 2 seconds. Draft distance. Having previous experience in the race with traffic, I knew even if he was to catch up a pass would be difficult to make. I sweated it out for the finish trying only not to put it off and give it away, with Nic having closed to .779 back. Great race.

The race was surprisingly entertaining with a number of lead changes and varied pit strategies. Unlike some of the other formats there was rarely a moment that I was on track alone and never a moment that I didn't have to think about what I was doing. That's what endurance racing is about.

As a public service announcement, I present the following.

2dff.jpg

0wk3.jpg

Both of these cars are current on engine refresh/oil changes as applicable. What is perhaps most noticeable is the difference in mileage and purchase date. In testing this evening I ran the car I've had in my garage for a while. Upon assessment it was apparent that the car I was using was down on power. Upon exiting to refresh and change the oil the power output and PP did not change from its lower level. In comparison I decided to purchase a new Lotus, and with nothing but an oil change and no break in is what you see in the second photo. Somehow the game has prevented the 'older' car from being refreshed to a proper level, and after changing the oil the power remained at the same level as the new car that wasn't broken in. In short, build a new car for every race. I experienced this with the Camaro as well, where in testing with dsg I found the car to be 14hp down on power. An oil change would not remedy this and I was forced to build and break in another car, which is what I ran in the race.

Good Racing Last Nite. After a 12 Hour Work Day. The Concentration Level Dropped A Bit During The Race. The Small Mistakes Really Begin To Show.

E1748E30-4192-486B-85FF-78B0377D96E6-496-00000045A9A944BE_zps82b86a2e.jpg

Next week we will be using:

Car- Subaru IMPREZA TC (587pp)
Tires- Racing Mediums
Track- Spa
Laps- 38+1

NOTE:
The differential split is adjustable while using tuning prohibited. Recommended setting
Diff (35F/65R)
Brakes (4F/6R)

Who's excited about this combo? 8)

I know this guy is!!!

Back