◆ S.N.A.I.L. Stamina Series "Wednesday Night"

I think that would be awesome. I vote all American muscle. RM Camaro '10, Challenger TC, RM Corvette z06, and the Ford GT LM Spec test 2 car.. I had to throw some love at the ford..

Here are a few shots. I struggled with the bright coloured cars a bit, and my eye opener hasn't kicked in yet so some of these won't be great.

Green Flag
jpjh.jpg

Dsg hitting the points
vnjr.jpg

Tangle in T2
xmh8.jpg

Sometimes you chase the dragon; sometimes the dragon chases you.
bk42.jpg

Dialing in a little oversteer
i0k6.jpg

Getting it pointed early for the exit.
vok5.jpg

Into the neck of the bottle.
wzle.jpg

Untitled
4kw7.jpg

Out of the chute.
l62w.jpg

Just a whiff
m6nx.jpg

Untitled
3ej0.jpg

Nice pics marcus.

That second one with Owens and I could be captioned "Mostly, the dragon chases you". :sly: ;)

For those that want to practice I will be in the D3 lounge @ 7 to runs some laps to break in my car along with getting the racing line down pat.

Setting wheel up now, and getting on.. I will stick with the black/gold combo if i can on the tc..

This car is absolutely garbage in my opinion. great power but poor handling and power delivery. I dont see people pushing this car 20+ laps on a set of tires..

Last edited:
Ok Racers, thinking ahead here.

I've been kicking around a few cars for our next races.

Alpha TZ2 '65
Lotus 111R RM
Mazda RX-7 TC
Corvette Z06 RM
Nissan GTR (R35) TC
GT500's (Suzuka)

Next two tracks

GP/F
Suzuka

The GT500's we could use the three equals, either NSX's or GTR's.

After these two races I want to hold a special Endurance race.
2hr @ Le Mans
ZR1 RM fully built with tuning allowed
Racing Softs
Racing Mediums - minimum of one lap

(This would take place two weeks after fourth and final race of season. We would use one week. To developer tunes. Encouraged to share these. Then the next week would not qualify but stack grid based on final points. This would ensure we have plenty of time to finish at 11pm)

Please offer your opinion on the next two cars and interest in the special event.

The GT500 cars are absolute blast to drive. That would be a fun race around Suzuka for 2 hrs. I say we replace the challenger with the RX7 TC. Then use the Elise 111r RM at GP/D

The GT500 cars are absolute blast to drive. That would be a fun race around Suzuka for 2 hrs. I say we replace the challenger with the RX7 TC. Then use the Elise 111r RM at GP/D

GP/D is a no go. GP/F is where it's at. ;)

I'll give the 111R a go there and see.

I also considered the Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo @ Spa (Race Mediums)

Also note we will do another season after the Special Event. Might do street cars on that round. ;) (Next Seasons Special will be Nurb 24hr track)

Last edited:
I like the GT-R at GP/F and
GT500's at Suzuka

:) I tested the GTR last night at GP/F and thought it was a pretty good combo too.

Marcus and I are looking to do some GT500 testing to see if we can't get the NSX's and GTR's on par. Worse case we use the three GTR's that are 100% the same and just run 5 of each.

Also the option of Standard GT500 cars is there. However. I really really want to use cockpit view.

Last edited:
I'll be there and if my wheel doesn't crap the bed again I'll stay for the whole race.

My rig is still in the paint booth and won't be back together until Thursday evening, at the earliest. Postponement?

I am :indiff: either way. Not to jazzed about the dodge. Or did I already miss that combo?

With quite a few missing tonight, we will push the event out till next week. However the Dodge seems pretty unpopular. So we shall do some testing.

Thinking about sticking with the Camaro and doing four different tracks.

So maybe next week Camaro at Laguna Seca. Then GP/F, Then ??? Spa or Suzuka.

For the Special Event we could use the Camaro built and tuned. ;)

Then the next car we could use the Z06 or ZR1.

Well this page is a rather unfortunate turn in the thread.

I hope the car isn't scaring folks away. It behaves like a traditional sedan chassis, which can be unwieldy at first glance. You've really got to slow down the corner entry, and the car will exit very well. I, like others, was initially uninspired by the car. My first reaction was that it was a pig. However, once I spent some time with the car I began to understand how to drive it the way it needs to be driven. The car is neutral under throttle, and as such you need to be sure that you are on the throttle when you need the car to be neutral. It will push if you dive into a turn [Jeff Gordon Zombie: The Car is Heavy!] but if you are patient at entry you'll notice the car turns well as you exit. The car likes part throttle mid-corner, which not only keeps it neutral but also allows you to get to WOT sooner for the exit. I understand it's powerful and that can make it twitchy with aggressive inputs. It's one of those cars that has enough power throughout most of its band that it doesn't require immediate WOT upon exit. In fact, the car is faster in several sections when you wait to apply full throttle. A spinning tyre is not providing forward progress. Also, the car is actually quite friendly to the tyres, for what it is. Large brake bias changes also seem to have little affect upon the car. In fact, what bias I would consider to provide the best potential lap times actually makes the car difficult to drive. You don't want that for a long race. The last race I ran what I considered to be a slower bias, and even ran slower(less abusive upon the tyres) lines when there wasn't pressure to maintain or gain position. At first I thought the car was a pig, but now I consider it simply challenging. I found it to be a great learning experience.

That said, I will drive anything that you folks decide upon. I also would like to offer my assistance to anyone who feels they are struggling. I promise; I can help. It is unfortunate that we will not be racing this evening.

Man i was looking forward to racing tonight.. I havent been able to get my fix at all so far this week..

I've been waiting all week to run the Dodge tonight. :/ Let's meet at 8:30-9pm in D3 and if we have 8ish racers. We will race!!!

I'll be there. I too was looking forward to racing tonight, but testing could be fun as well. I'm down for anything.

We're six racers strong tonight. Looking like we are gonna go ahead and knock this race out!!!

If you are limbo. Jump on in. Car isn't easy to drive but we all will endure the same problems. Lots of laps to be had and at Laguna anything can happen. ;)

Race length reduced. 40 laps. About to go green

That was actually really fun!!! Wished you guys could of made it.

I'm gonna wash it as a fun run and not count points.

We are now testing cars for Nurb GP/F

Last edited:
I enjoyed myself. The car really gets better with time. The next set should be more towards some of the popular taste, and I look forward to driving with you folks in the future.

I enjoyed myself. The car really gets better with time. The next set should be more towards some of the popular taste, and I look forward to driving with you folks in the future.

Next week 9/11/13 we will be visiting Laguna Seca again. However this time we are bringing the Lotus 111R RM(Racing Hards) out and pound out 60+1 laps!!!
6BC71F0A-EFA5-474E-9329-8B1CC1993A4E-12009-000006F29FF33724_zps45ec6718.jpg

On 9/18/03 we will be using the Alfa TZ2 '65(Racing Hards)
1CC8F948-7173-4D28-9B76-E4C4499D1C8B-1659-00000131B019E764.jpg

4B4C2299-6268-4102-AC77-4D3FB166C562-1659-0000013359F9C22E.jpg

The Alfa cost 10 million dollars. The two weeks notice should allow plenty of time to get this purchased and broken in.

As for track, thinking Spa or Suzuka.

I tried my best to be on time for tonight event. Work must go on. Sorry I wasn't able to join the race, if there was one.

I like the Challenger and would like to race it when and if it come around again. I'll be testing the Lotus out tomorrow. If anyone wants to have a go in it I'll see ya after Thursdays SNAIL practice.

X

I tried my best to be on time for tonight event. Work must go on. Sorry I wasn't able to join the race, if there was one.

I like the Challenger and would like to race it when and if it come around again. I'll be testing the Lotus out tomorrow. If anyone wants to have a go in it I'll see ya after Thursdays SNAIL practice.

X

I'll be down for that X. :)

Latest Posts

Back