◆ S.N.A.I.L. Weekly Kart Races (everyone welcome)

• Thread starter kcheeb
  • 1,373 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
So...uh, this will be my first SNAIL race ever. I've got a bunch of questions if someone can help me out. I see we're using the 100 kart - and that we'll be able to tune the transmissions. Are there known gear ratios for these tracks that everyone will be using or is it on our own? Also, to join the room, do I just look for it in the open lobby section at 9EST? Will it be open early? Is the qualifying like I read about for the Sunday races? And does the penalty/probation system apply the same way to the non-Sunday races? (not that I intend to cause any ruckus, but I foresee a kart getting a little testy on some of these tracks.)

Thanks!

So...uh, this will be my first SNAIL race ever. I've got a bunch of questions if someone can help me out. I see we're using the 100 kart - and that we'll be able to tune the transmissions. Are there known gear ratios for these tracks that everyone will be using or is it on our own? Also, to join the room, do I just look for it in the open lobby section at 9EST? Will it be open early? Is the qualifying like I read about for the Sunday races? And does the penalty/probation system apply the same way to the non-Sunday races? (not that I intend to cause any ruckus, but I foresee a kart getting a little testy on some of these tracks.)

Thanks!

The first and second posts should have the information you're looking for ATLskydiver. The second post has a link to a Google doc that has the gearing most of us will be using tonight. Feel free to experiment 👍

We won't be in an open lobby, we'll be in the SNAIL_Division2 lounge. I'll send you a friend request when I get on, around 8:30 PM EST. The qualifying is similar, but not as regimented. This is a fun night, most don't take it too seriously but we are competitive :D Try not to draft when qualifying.

If there are incidents worth reporting, report them to me and I'll take care of it. We have yet to have to deal with an incident 👍

we're having a little trouble getting the room set/ so you have a little time.

EDIT: disco # 3

Last edited:
Accidentally left my headset plugged in but muted (so if anyone was talking to me, sorry I didn't respond), finished last in 2 of 3 races, and didn't have the DLC for the 4th...not exactly the premier I was hoping for. Oh well, I'll improve.

Thanks everyone for the good night of racing 👍 Was fun having 14 drivers on track!

See you all in GT6 :D

EDIT: Thanks again everyone. Last nights points are posted.

I'm going to have a look at the replays, things seemed to be a little amped up last night and I saw some things happen that shouldn't have. I'm not looking to single anyone out or make people pay with penalties. I want everyone to respect each other on track, that includes knowing where other Karts are when you decide to 'change lanes' ...

My main goal here is to have fun, winning is secondary. I'm considering doing away with keeping score, I really only use it for next weeks track selection anyway. Your opinion matters, if you have one on this topic, post or pm away.

That said, drum roll please ... making track selections for next week in the Shifter Karts are:

@TEX36
@Dragonwhisky
@Xradkins

Last edited:
Rather than the "burden" of keeping score, etc. - How about just rotating the track choices down the list of participants? With the understanding that if the choice is not made (re: Chatva this last week) by a certain time then The Obewan/Wise One/Leader of the Pack make the choice. IMHO

While I enjoy the data presented, if there is no real reason to keep score, then don't. Up to now, you've been using it to offer the first track choice to the "winner" of the night for the following week. I think this is reason enough to keep score, but if that method is no longer going to be used and something more random will be, there is no point to keeping score.

Rather than the "burden" of keeping score, etc. - How about just rotating the track choices down the list of participants? With the understanding that if the choice is not made (re: Chatva this last week) by a certain time then The Obewan/Wise One/Leader of the Pack make the choice. IMHO

So I guess we'll have to find an Obewan/Wise One/Leader of the Pack:lol: Seriously, we could do that, but we don't always have the same group week after week and I'm trying to be as inclusive as I can with track choices. Wouldn't be too hard to manage though 👍

While I enjoy the data presented, if there is no real reason to keep score, then don't. Up to now, you've been using it to offer the first track choice to the "winner" of the night for the following week. I think this is reason enough to keep score, but if that method is no longer going to be used and something more random will be, there is no point to keeping score.

I guess I was thinking the prize for first place might have something to do with the 'amping up' I've seen. I thought if I removed the prize the desire to 'win at all costs' would be reduced. But, now that I think about it, it's probably not a large factor. It's the nature of people that race, you do it for the competition and the win.

What I'd like to see improve is our ability to determine when is the right time to pass, when is the wrong time and it's okay to lift ;) Got bummed last night as I saw a few people in packs get spit out and drop back. I know it will happen, it's racing and has been said a number of times 'sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the bug'. But it seemed to happen quite consistently on the first lap and it's really not necessary, especially in Karts.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback guys 👍

Btw, I have to fix the first race results in the spreadsheet, brain fart entering the numbers. Should have it sorted tonight 👍 Won't affect the results though.

With permission, I would like to wait and see what New Tracks we can run on ..... before making my selection.

With permission, I would like to wait and see what New Tracks we can run on ..... before making my selection.

Absolutely, I had intended on saying that in the prize post, but, I, got, distracted ...

:)

24.5 hrs until my pre-ordered GT6 is ready for pickup at GameStop...but I'll have to wait til I'm off work at 6 anyways...so technically more like 36 hrs...:(

Checking S.N.A.I.L forum threads to see how everything is going. For all the ones that already are playing GT6, are you enjoying the game, what are your impressions so far? For anyone that got the 15th anniversary edition from gamestop, did it come with a code for 1 million credits?

Checking S.N.A.I.L forum threads to see how everything is going. For all the ones that already are playing GT6, are you enjoying the game, what are your impressions so far? For anyone that got the 15th anniversary edition from gamestop, did it come with a code for 1 million credits?

Not mine. It came with a code for 25 cars, bunch of paints and gear.

Not mine. It came with a code for 25 cars, bunch of paints and gear.

Same for me. If you want to see a lot of discussion, check the main thread :lol:

I've only driven the Jr. Kart and enjoyed it. Nice tire noises and good feel. Plan to get the Shifted Kart tomorrow and play :)

Someone else may have to make the selection in my place. Still waiting on delivery of GT-6. UPS says delivery is estimated to be Wed. Sooooo, I am waaaaaaaaay behind in getting acquainted or making any progress.

Have you guys tried to run carts on tracks with weather changes? I think they might not be allowed on those tracks

Have you guys tried to run carts on tracks with weather changes? I think they might not be allowed on those tracks

I haven't. Will try it out tomorrow.

@TEX36 Sorry to hear that. I'll get the tracks laid out tomorrow.

Are we going with the shifter karts for tomorrow night or with the Jr., since we should all have gotten at least that kart by the time we've done the National A license?

Are we going with the shifter karts for tomorrow night or with the Jr., since we should all have gotten at least that kart by the time we've done the National A license?

Probably best to go with the Jr. Rather than using 10000 from everyone's bank account.

Going to hop on in about 10 would like to try some tracks. I'm going to pick up a shifter Kart :D

Friends only room is up.

EDIT: Has anyone been able to race karts online? If so how did you do it? The filter option for Karts is disabled for me :grumpy:

EDIT2: Changed to Kart space and could filter by Karts. Seems the track will tell you whether you ca race Karts or not even more :grumpy:

EDIT3: With Kart filter on you cannot select any of the new tracks, except for the Arena. PD at it's finest. And you thought I was :grumpy: before.

EDIT4: And the bump at Rome is still there

EDIT5: Autumn Ring - Minis are not there. I suspect it's because of weather :grumpy:

EDIT6: And the results of using the gearing is different :grumpy:

GT6 Tracks you can select with Room Filter set to Karts:

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit
Brands Hatch Grand Prix
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit
Silverstone The Stowe Circuit
Silverstone National Circuit
Silverstone International Circuit
Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit
Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow
Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets of Willow
Ascari Full Track
Daytona International Speedway
Daytona Road Course
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Indianapolis Road Course
Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Autodromo Nazionale Monza (No Chicanes)
Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway
Twin Ring Motegi West Course
Twin Ring Motegi East Course
Twin Ring Motegi Road Course
Tsukuba Circuit
Fuji Speedway F
Fuji Speedway GT
Suzuka Circuit East Course
Suzuka Circuit
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Circuit de la Sarthe 2013
Circuit de la Sarthe 2009
Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (No Chicanes)
Circuit de la Sarthe 2005
Circuit de la Sarthe 2005 (No Chicanes)

Nurburgring GP/D
Nurburgring GP/F
Nurburgring Nordschleife
Nurburgring Type V
Nurburgring 24h

Apricot Hill Raceway - Forward and Reverse
Autumn Ring Mini - Forward and Reverse
Autumn Ring - Forward and Reverse
Kart Space II - Forward and Reverse
Kart Space I - Forward and Reverse
Gran Turismo Arena (Layout A) - Forward and Reverse
Matterhorn Short Track
Matterhorn Rotenboden
Matterhorn Riffelsee
Matterhorn Dristelen
Trial Mountain Circuit - Forward and Reverse
Deep Forest Raceway - Forward and Reverse
Grand Valley Speedway - Forward and Reverse
Grand Valley East - Forward and Reverse
High Speed Ring - Forward and Reverse
Cape Ring
Cape Ring - Inside
Cape Ring - North
Cape Ring - Periphery
Cape Ring - South
Eiger Nordwand - Short Track - Forward and Reverse
Special Stage Route X

Tokyo R246 - Forward and Reverse
London - Forward and Reverse
Circuito de Madrid - Forward and Reverse
Circuito de Madrid - Mini - Forward and Reverse
Cote d'Azur
Circuito di Roma - Forward and Reverse
Special Stage Route 5 - Forward and Reverse
Special Stage Route 5 Clubman - Forward and Reverse
Special Stage Route 7

Tracks with a strike through are not eligible for selection, because they are either too long, or too rough.

Last edited:
Is this a race for fun league here or will there be a weekly schedule and mini season Championship? I'll be a KART regular now.
PSN: AGNT009
League name:Will Conquest
Kart# 51

Is this a race for fun league here or will there be a weekly schedule and mini season Championship? I'll be a KART regular now.
PSN: AGNT009
League name:Will Conquest
Kart# 51

This is a for fun league with a weekly schedule. We don't run a Seasonal Championship.

I'll get this Tuesday nights line up sorted out tonight. The room will be posted on Tuesday Night, around 8:30 Eastern time. The first post has all the league rules etc. but if you have any questions, ask away.

Why dont you, in addition to your casual race nights? Something after 8:30 CT preferably.

Because I want it to be casual. As soon as there's a championship involved everyone get's serious. Less fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back