◆ S.N.A.I.L. Weekly Kart Races (everyone welcome)

  • Thread starter Thread starter kcheeb
  • 1,373 comments
  • 76,762 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well add me please to your room permissions, I can make Tue at 9 ET
 
Well add me please to your room permissions, I can make Tue at 9 ET

It'll be in the open lobby so we don't have to worry about everyone being on the friends list.
 
I spent a good amount of time messing around with the shifter kart last night- I think you should definitely stick with the lower PP karts if you want any of the advantages that they confer. The shifter kart is practically just a really tiny racecar... it is an interesting in-between. You don't have any of the serious acceleration lags if you crash, but you can still hit well over a hundred mph. The handling even seemed a lot more like a car than a kart - that breaking point where you spin out on a turn seems to be a lot harder to reach. Although, it still lacks a suspension, so roads can get crazy bumpy.
 
Do we have to run your gearing listed in the spreadsheet? Are those the gears the host will run, meaning we might as well use your gears because there wont be much advantage straying far off your numbers?
 
You can use whatever gearing you like. kcheeb does some testing and gives out what he finds in the interests of making it fair for those that can't take the time to test out what tranny settings will work.
 
Do we have to run your gearing listed in the spreadsheet? Are those the gears the host will run, meaning we might as well use your gears because there wont be much advantage straying far off your numbers?

You can run any gear settings you like 👍

I publish what I'll be using so people that aren't comfortable tuning the transmission can race :)

I didn't spend an inordinate amount of time on these ratios. But they will suffice :)
 
I got another Ninja post. ;)
 
I can join the kart race at 9pm. Hopefully i can do well.
 
I can join the kart race at 9pm. Hopefully i can do well.

Hey goofytyler,

Please read the first post for rules for tomorrow night. We allow transmission tuning and I have tunes for the tracks we're running.

Thanks,

Kcheeb
 
Hey goofytyler,

Please read the first post for rules for tomorrow night. We allow transmission tuning and I have tunes for the tracks we're running.

Thanks,

Kcheeb
[kcheeb/

Ok will do. Thanks
 
I must not know how to do those quotes right. lol. Thanks kcheeb I'll look through it right now
 
I just started racing karts in single player and didn't realize how much fun it was. I am going to try to join you guys tonight.
 
I just started racing karts in single player and didn't realize how much fun it was. I am going to try to join you guys tonight.

They're a blast! I really wanted to start with the shifter Kart but the cash limitation forced me to run the juniors first week.

Maybe next week ;)
 
Thinking maybe we should build up to the shifter kart?
 
Thinking maybe we should build up to the shifter kart?

I've run it a few times, didn't notice anything too scary. Tuning is an unknown though.
 
How many gears does it have? I doubt it will take that much time and the final and top gear settings will likely be pretty close to the non shifter karts final and single gear. Then just adjust the lower gears so you get to top gear as quickly as possible. Might take a little more tuning time, but I don't expect it will add all that much to the process. Tuning the tranny in the kart ought to also have the added benefit of teaching us how to tune the big cars.
 
6 gears :D
 
Room name or # yet?
 
coming shortly

room open - snailracing.org - Weekly Karts - 1472-6399-9009-5380-6421
 
👍
 
I would like to join
 
I got incompatibility with room host.:irked:
I will try again next week.
 
I can try and host a room.
 
I would like to join

Go ahead, the more the merrier.

I got incompatibility with room host.:irked:
I will try again next week.

We're setting up a new host. Same room number.

Try now.

Thanks owens, we'll see how far we get with this.
 
I got incompatibility with room host.:irked:
I will try again next week.

Try joining again in a few, Cheeb is backing out.
 
ps3 froze on exit, now it's doing a file system check. doubt I'll be back in time for the next race. go ahead.

EDIT: booting now
 
10DEC2013Lap1.jpg

End of lap 1


10DEC2013Lap3.jpg

Smile for the camera!


10DEC2013Lap12of12.jpg

At the line on lap 11. It didn't end this way though.
 
Sorry guys, didn't see you change hosts. Spent some time with the old lady instead.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back