◆ S.N.A.I.L. Weekly Kart Races (everyone welcome)

• Thread starter kcheeb
  • 1,373 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to everyone that raced last night. Was a blast having 16 on the grid 👍

The results are posted here. And without further adieu, this weeks prize winners are :

@brandofo aka B. Fox
@Handlebar
@AJKVail

If you could pick a track suitable for the 125 Shifter Karts for next week, that would be appreciated :D Here's a list of tracks available to Karts in GT6.

The 'Oval Track' for next week will be High Speed Ring - Reverse.

Does anyone know who B. Fox is? I think dabney said his psn id was xKartRacer00x?
If we can't locate him by Friday, @dabneyd will get his pick.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone that raced last night. Was a blast having 16 on the grid 👍

Looks like a good time was had by all. There may be 2 rooms/divisions in the near future.

Note: Still have not received GT-6 - maybe today. Am sure the recent freezing rain and ice caused most of the delay. Maybe someday I will catch up with everyone. The 1.00/1.01 sure sounds confusing to this "old and non-tech brain" of mine. Will probably just slog my way thru the game instead.

Does anyone know who B. Fox is? I think dabney said his psn id was xKartRacer00x?
If we can't locate him by Friday, @dabneyd will get his pick.

I think he was a random and I doubt we'll see him again.

What's weird is I think I have that pin id on my friends list. Must be from way back, when I was racing Karts regularly online. Will try to contact home tonight.

B. Fox is none other than me, brandofo (Brandon Fox). I plan on sticking around for a while since I have been having a lot of fun racing with you guys in the Spec endurance series on Saturdays and the Wednesday night stamina series.

This was my first week racing karts and it was very exciting. I am looking forward to next week.

Is is possible to race on Brands Hatch Indy Circuit? It is the track used in the single player International A race for 125 shifter karts. If not I will choose another from the list you linked to.

Last edited:
Brando, it might be easier for the scorekeepers if you put your last name as your full PSN or GTP ID. Some or most of the rest of SNAIL members are doing something of this nature.

Brando, it might be easier for the scorekeepers if you put your last name as your full PSN or GTP ID. Some or most of the rest of SNAIL members are doing something of this nature.
Okay I will do this for next time.

B. Fox is none other than me, brandofo (Brandon Fox). I plan on sticking around for a while since I have been having a lot of fun racing with you guys in the Spec endurance series on Saturdays and the Wednesday night stamina series.

This was my first week racing karts and it was very exciting. I am looking forward to next week.

My track pick is Brands Hatch Indy Circuit.

Hey Brandofo,

Thanks for clearing that up 👍 Glad you enjoyed yourself last night!

Unfortunately, PD has not made it possible to race any of the new tracks in GT6 in Karts except for the Stadium.
Here's a list of tracks available to Karts in GT6. If you could make a selection from there, it would be appreciated.

Cheers,

kcheeb

Dang that track is so fun in the single player 125 shifter kart race. Oh well I will try some from that list and let you know my pick by tomorrow.

Is is possible to race on Brands Hatch Indy Circuit? It is the track used in the single player International A race for 125 shifter karts. If not I will choose another from the list you linked to.

Oh, sorry, I got confused.

Dang that track is so fun in the single player 125 shifter kart race. Oh well I will try some from that list and let you know my pick by tomorrow.

If you happen to find a way to allow Karts on the new tracks ... :D

Shifter Karts (in the real world) run Big Willow and the Streets of Willow on a regular basis.
Is that possible on GT-6?
(Note: This asked by a person who has yet to even see GT-6!!!!)

Last edited:
I tried several of the kart-approved tracks. I am going to pick Cote d'Azur.

If you try to take any curb on the chicane coming out of the tunnel you're gonna have a bad time.

I tried several of the kart-approved tracks. I am going to pick Cote d'Azur.

If you try to take any curb on the chicane coming out of the tunnel you're gonna have a bad time.

Thanks brandofo 👍 That's going to be good :D

If we can get

@Handlebar

AND

@AJKVail

to make a track pick, we'll be set for testing Saturday 👍

Rome / Reverse.

BTW - Daytona Roadcourse should be off the Kart list.

Epic road/bump near finish line almost front flipped me.

Hey Handlebar, I struck Rome Reverse off the list for the bump after the left hand kink on the right side of the track.

Last time we were there it was a gong show. I 'think' the bump will be out of the way on the forward version, I typically approach that turn on the right of the bump going that direction. Will test it tonight and see.

I would like to get in on this.
(pending my availability - it's not a sure bet for me at that time, but possible)

Good stuff watermelon 👍 This is more like a weekly drop in kind of race. Whoever is available and wants to run is more than welcome. I will be posting the room name and number ~1/2 an hour before race time.

Rome is fantastic w/ karts. My favourite track in karts actually!

Never ran into curb issue or bump problems. But Reverse I don't know about.

Rome is fantastic w/ karts. My favourite track in karts actually!

Never ran into curb issue or bump problems. But Reverse I don't know about.

In GT5 we had all kinds of issues with the bump after the kink (turn 6 ish just before you go up the hill) on the reverse course. It's on the right hand side of the exit. If you're left of the shadow you're fine, right of it and you might land it :scared: Going to hop in in a bit and see how it is in GT6.

In GT5 we had all kinds of issues with the bump after the kink (turn 6 ish just before you go up the hill) on the reverse course. It's on the right hand side of the exit. If you're left of the shadow you're fine, right of it and you might land it :scared: Going to hop in in a bit and see how it is in GT6.
yeah there are just some tracks that are rather annoying in karts... I hate London in karts, and it's a shame. But then I hate London Reverse, full stop. :odd:

So, the bump is still there at Rome - Reverse :grumpy: You can avoid it, but it really is a crap shoot. Rome - Forward I didn't have an issue running right over it. You felt it but it didn't throw the Kart around. Will hopefully get some input Saturday doing the gearing and see how the Forward version will work out 👍

Oh and the Kerbs, got me a special trophy for this one. Can't remember the exact name of it, but flying was in the description :lol:

Circuito di Roma.jpg

This is where I think the bump is. Change is surface.

Circuito di Roma_1.jpg

Flying seems to be my thing ...

Lunar Mission I.jpg

I will try a few others after work Friday - expecting lots of drivers, I want something open and draft-y.

Motegi Superspeedway was fun, let's stick with that.

Circuito de Madrid (Reverse) looks promising, but let's have two 'pack' races with a packed house!

Last edited:
I will try a few others after work Friday - expecting lots of drivers, I want something open and draft-y.

Motegi Superspeedway was fun, let's stick with that.

Circuito de Madrid (Reverse) looks promising, but let's have two 'pack' races with a packed house!

So I 'think' you're saying Motegi :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back