• Only DLC Tracks

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Only DLC Cars

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • No DLC

Votes: 22 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sad to see no more pace car, that was what drawn my attention was the feel of real life like experience with cautions and pace cars, damage and pit strategies. Should still be fun and entertaining though.

I'd like to sign up but I'll miss a few. PSN sethfraz22

I'll like to try this psn: amazingwarrior

Great to have a few more guys on board. Just make sure your cars are broken in for Saturday's race. Also if you guys would like to pick out color combos as well as a racing number, I'll add that to the original post. Thanks for joining!:)

Sad to see no more pace car, that was what drawn my attention was the feel of real life like experience with cautions and pace cars, damage and pit strategies. Should still be fun and entertaining though.

It would be nice, but the voice communication in GT5 being what it is (unreliable) makes it unworkable. In addition to the safety car driver, we would also need a race steward who can watch for racing incidents, announce yellow flag conditions, and then announce restarts. It would also mean that everyone would have to have a headset or be able to hear the voice chat really well (I know I can't without my headset). Additionally, we would need to have rules set for yellow flag conditions, like speed limits and regaining lost laps, and rules for restart, which would require each driver to know where the restart line is for the track that week. It is doable, but it would be too much. The current format allows for close racing and for pit strategy.

I would love to join but since I get out of work at 10pm on Saturdays and won't be back home until 10:30-11 I think that is kind of impossible! Damn, I hate my schedule ! :(

I would love to join but since I get out of work at 10pm on Saturdays and won't be back home until 10:30-11 I think that is kind of impossible! Damn, I hate my schedule ! :(

Actually, the first 30 minutes are spent on warm-up and qualifying so the green flag doesn't drop until 10:30pm sharp. If you can be in the SPEC_Racing lounge before then, you can technically still make the race.

That being said, if you don't have time to warm-up and qualify with everyone else, you had better spend some time practicing the track some other time before the race. I had to join late the other week and was just barely able to make the race. Since I didn't know my braking points when the race started, I had to use the few first laps of the race to learn them - and it was a disaster! While everyone else was enjoying tight battles for the entire race, I was left racing by myself in the back because I wasn't prepared. :banghead:

The bottom line is that you can join the lounge later than 10pm Eastern as long as you're there before the race starts at 10:30pm. However, don't bother showing up really late unless you've already put in some practice time with the car and track combo for the week. 👍

Still have room ? PSN ID "livetiludye" Black/Red --#17

I'll be sending a FR and adding you to the list shortly. Thanks for joining!

Edit: Just noticed you have the same racing number as me, what other number would you like? I would like to have each number assigned to one car only. Thanks.

It would be nice, but the voice communication in GT5 being what it is (unreliable) makes it unworkable. In addition to the safety car driver, we would also need a race steward who can watch for racing incidents, announce yellow flag conditions, and then announce restarts. It would also mean that everyone would have to have a headset or be able to hear the voice chat really well (I know I can't without my headset). Additionally, we would need to have rules set for yellow flag conditions, like speed limits and regaining lost laps, and rules for restart, which would require each driver to know where the restart line is for the track that week. It is doable, but it would be too much. The current format allows for close racing and for pit strategy.

yeah, I could see that being a lot of work, thanks for the reply.

new to this series, i cant make it this weekend, but next weeks race, o te next scheduled one, i will be there, what is the room name to look for, or should i send a freind request to someone with a PSN ID?

new to this series, i cant make it this weekend, but next weeks race, o te next scheduled one, i will be there, what is the room name to look for, or should i send a freind request to someone with a PSN ID?

Not a problem if you can't make this weeks race, the next race is on the July 21st, as I'll be away next weekend. I'll send you a FR from the account we use for all the drivers. Just join that lounge for the races. Also if you would like to, post what color combination and car number you'd like, and I'll add that to the first post. Thanks for joining!

it's gonna be a green of some sort, #70

also , i assume you guys worked hard on the rules, and i know i am new, but why have an endurence league, with light damage? huge part of enduro racing is attrition, and consistency imo, if you break down the wall every lap, then you should have to make a a few extra pitstops ( i even think GT-5 should have over-rev damge)

not trying to stir the pot, just figured i'ld ask, i enjoy full rules, i find it much more exciting, and forces more precision both in driving and passing. I like full sims becuse i cant afford to race IRL and i try to get it as close to the real thing as possible.

thanks again, i realize i probably won't change the rules, but figured i'ld start putting it out there, see ya soon.

Well, as I will not be the Pace Car anymore and you invited me to participate, I will accept.
my colors are Midnight Purple III for the bodywork and Chrome Orange for the wheels and the number is 51

I will not race at Spa and Twin Ring Motegi, because I have not bought the DLC's, but I think I could get money to buy Motegi, Here in México a $10 PSN card costs the equivalent to 18 USD in mexican pesos (250) :grumpy:

Last edited:
umm so disregard.. i see now that the rules have heavey damge... my bad.. delete my posts to make room .👎

Huh? You must have been reading the quoted post on the first page, we have since changed to light damage when we removed the pace car. Are you still going to race with us?

Huh? You must have been reading the quoted post on the first page, we have since changed to light damage when we removed the pace car. Are you still going to race with us?

FWIW, I'd be willing to be the pace car for you guys. I think the reason there were issues with the pace car last week was because AJHG1000 didn't have a mic and so communicating with him was difficult. As you guys know, I have both a mic and keyboard so that wouldn't be a problem.

I've also got several other ideas that could make your pace car idea work better. I think the concept definitely has merit and just needs a few wrinkles ironed out to make it work. The issue with deployment time, speed of the safety car laps, and issues with the restarts can all be worked out very easily if given the chance.

One of the bigger issues is how to keep things fair when somebody wrecks so that they don't get a tire advantage because of it. But again, just making a simple rule about that (which I could repeat over and over as I'm doing a safety car lap) would make this problem much less of an issue.

It's cool if you want to just kill the pace car idea completely, but I just figure that since this series already features longer races with tire wear and pit strategy, we might as well go all out with the realism and use heavy damage and pace cars. We could even do some practice safety car laps before Saturday's race. Let me know what you think.

FWIW, I'd be willing to be the pace car for you guys. I think the reason there were issues with the pace car last week was because AJHG1000 didn't have a mic and so communicating with him was difficult. As you guys know, I have both a mic and keyboard so that wouldn't be a problem.

I've also got several other ideas that could make your pace car idea work better. I think the concept definitely has merit and just needs a few wrinkles ironed out to make it work. The issue with deployment time, speed of the safety car laps, and issues with the restarts can all be worked out very easily if given the chance.

One of the bigger issues is how to keep things fair when somebody wrecks so that they don't get a tire advantage because of it. But again, just making a simple rule about that (which I could repeat over and over as I'm doing a safety car lap) would make this problem much less of an issue.

It's cool if you want to just kill the pace car idea completely, but I just figure that since this series already features longer races with tire wear and pit strategy, we might as well go all out with the realism and use heavy damage and pace cars. We could even do some practice safety car laps before Saturday's race. Let me know what you think.

i think what it is, is you have to think of the realism a bit more, S.C's in real life are to clear debris or stalled cars, this never happens in GT-5, so a S.C. (saftey car) would be a reset of the field. if tire wear advantages is a concern, then everyone should pit, and hold their positions- those that brought out the S.C must reset last, or even (to make it real) wait one lap.. on the track where they were damaged, fall in line behind the field after the S.C pick them up.
so what i've done at my local gokart track, everyone pits, while the S.C. waits about 500 meters from the pit out, once everyone pits, roll 1 lap behind the S.C.
damaged cars can either wait 1 lap after thier wreck OR, pit as the S.C. releases the fields back to green... that must be decided b4 the race, waiting 1 lap put a definate penalty for wrecking, waiting for S.C. release would be roughly 35 sec penalty
ofcourse big tracks ( over 3 miles ) the stageing of S.C and release points should be evaluated. S.C driver must have full track layout and drivers list up on the screen, they will be the mediator for line ups after pitstops.. NO ARGUEING WITH S.C. who should also have raceing soft tires available, just to solidify the S.C wont spin in front of the field (RS for S.C only, not sure if everyone would resist the temptation of the soft tires though)

the last thought i have, is that since there are no cars the shed parts OR stall in this game, it would be up to the afflicted drivers to STAY OUT OF GROVE as they make it back to pit road.. i would enjoy the pacecar rules, but if you really think about it, it's not nessisary, each pace car call, would be a field/race restart, effectively restarting the race at the point of cuation also effectivley wasteing a minimum of 2 laps of a race (catch the field--> release the field)

i have run these basic rules a few tiems with some online freinds, it works to keep the field in close contact for exciting racing, but also depends greatly on the honor and integrity of those raceing.. poeple must remeber thier race positions upon entry to the pits, as the stops themselves may change the line-up, people must follow the S.C. drivers calls, no one used RS tires meant for S.C, and (TBH) wreched cars waiting 1 lap until they rejoin the field, succeeded fairly well, this leaves those with set pit strats, the option to stick to it, plus, enduro races leave plently of time to make up a lap, just be mature enough to relize you wrecked, IRL damged cars would most likely be in the garages loseing multiple laps.

so that was long winded, but i am passionate about my raceing.. and HELLO ALL.. guess i have arrived... i would like to see heavey damge regarless of a pace car. forces people to think about a lot more then just smashin the gas.

I would like to see the Pace Car continue, I use to race some Nascar races with guys who used the pace car, and it worked out. Zero has a good headset, I do aswell, lets please keep it and try to work out the kinks.

It's looking like I will be able to race this Saturday. I had used the red/silver color shift with red rims and #91. I see that luvtadrive has chosen #91. Since I am only a part timer in this series, I will change my number to #19.

On the safety car, the series I have run with heavy damage and a pace car were run with the leader of the race assuming the duties of the pace car. This worked well as long as everybody has a mic. It was a requirement to race with our league that you had voice communication. We only allowed a caution when multiple cars were involved. The pits would close until the field was grouped. Once the field was grouped the pits would open. Any drivers that didn't pit would stop just past the exit of pit road and wait for those that did pit to rejoin the back of the line. We had a set restart point somewhere on the track. Doing this saved at least a lap in the race.

Back