◆ SNAIL [GT1 Championship] Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldnt even consider a one stop either chuyler so dont feel bad. I also have glowing red outside front tires with a 50/50 balance that i cant correct through tuning. I just fight through it and run 3 17ish minute segments which is about the max life of my tires before times drop dramatically and things have worked out pretty well. Im sure if you run a similar strategy you'll be in good shape and up front. Its key to get a good qually time. A big difference the first 2 races for me has been being able to get clear and hot lap while people behind me battle and lose time. My lap times havent been anything exciting but i havent lost much due to jockeying with others so thats an edge ive been lucky to have so far.

I thinks the RM will go a 25 min stint, but you can't allow them to go red. A pit is a minimum of 45 sec. So if the lap times are about 3 sec slower then the leader, and he take 2 pits, then you still have that extra 45 sec to work with. Just stay out of trouble with the curbs and barriers. This is a NO contact sport.

I believe GT1Championship sent you a friend request on PSN. if not please send 1 to it, and we will send you an invite to the club.

As far as I can see you are not a member of the club yet. so far it's just tex and I

I thinks the RM will go a 25 min stint, but you can't allow them to go red. A pit is a minimum of 45 sec. So if the lap times are about 3 sec slower then the leader, and he take 2 pits, then you still have that extra 45 sec to work with. Just stay out of trouble with the curbs and barriers. This is a NO contact sport.
what the amount of time it is taking to take a full tank of fuel?

I
I believe GT1Championship sent you a friend request on PSN. if not please send 1 to it, and we will send you an invite to the club.

As far as I can see you are not a member of the club yet. so far it's just tex and I
ill be back in town on Wednesday. I'll send the request then. I don't see any requests through the ps app. Would it show up there or do you need to be on the PS3 ?

I

ill be back in town on Wednesday. I'll send the request then. I don't see any requests through the ps app. Would it show up there or do you need to be on the PS3 ?
It should show up as a message thru the app, I do believe

I won Prize A from Winning in D3 so please check my latest post to read what i wrote in the main snail thread. This time around i want to include everyone else to pick a new car/track combo. I may pick a vehicle/track combo that is different than everyone else suggests but wanted to try something different.

I won Prize A from Winning in D3 so please check my latest post to read what i wrote in the main snail thread. This time around i want to include everyone else to pick a new car/track combo. I may pick a vehicle/track combo that is different than everyone else suggests but wanted to try something different.

Did you mean for this to be in the D3 thread? If so, I can move it if you want.

So I learned a few things last night.

1) My spring rates are just fine...but offer no insight into grip. They help balance the car out but have nothing to do with glowing red tires.

2) Ride height isn't the issue either, I'm not bottoming out. I tried taller suspension which just introduced way to much body roll and didn't resolve anything. I dropped the car way down and it seemed to like that a little better. I settled on a setting of 75 front and rear when I was at 100 before. I tried as high as 150 just to experiment.

3) Swaybars are just fine where they are. Lower introduced more body roll and caused issues with the quick direction changes while higher settings caused the car to skid across the track in the high speed turns. I also tried lowering sway bars and increasing springs to see if I could get the same stiffness without using bars. In my head, this would have made the car absorb the curbing a little better, but it didn't give me predictable handling that I could turn a fast lap with, so I stuck with sway bars around the midway point.

4) Dampers...aha hah! At some point I must have messed with these and screwed them up. They seem to be the only way to get this car to be a little more neutral mid corner. Increase front compression, increase rear extension. The car still burns up tires on a hot lap but I shaved over 1 second with this change alone. I was able to run in the 1:41s for several laps.

Big thunderstorm with lightning going over town. Knocked out the power for a few minutes - back on, but storm is intensifying.

May, or may not, be at practice tonight.

Edit: Looks like the Ethernet cable was harmed. PS3 won't log on to PSN.

Last edited:
Rebuild the car do a few races review the replays and watch how your cars moving. Also with these cars a 50/50 balance isn't necessarily the best approach.
So I watched the replay from our 30 minute race, mainly to check fuel mileage but I also wanted to see the 3 way battle for first between @Xradkins, @Whitey093 and myself. My car definitely rolls a lot more through the corners. I tried stiffening up the springs but it doesn't help so I'm not going to mess with it. I've got consistency with the car now and I don't care if I'm flopping over onto the bump stops. Just watch out for my smoke screen around the sweeping turns LOL!

My oil started to degrade so i had to switch to the backup car for the practice race. For some reason it was ultra oversteery mid corner to exit and i had to coast a lot to get it to turn which opened the door for xrad to come roaring up on me down the straights. Ate my tires up trying to fend him off and had to drop off pace and limp her home. My backup car is setup similar to my hero car just has about 2000 less km's on the odometer. I hope my main car doesnt have these issues tonight. Wont have time to test before the race so im going to cross my fingers because if it handles the same im going to have a long night.

Is there really anything wrong with a car that chassis restoration and an oil change can't fix?

Bad driver/tuner

Im hoping the cars are different enough and my main car is fine. Felt good before the oil degraded and I switched. Both cars have the same basic tune but they felt different. Don't know why just hope it doesn't push tonight

Bad driver/tuner

Im hoping the cars are different enough and my main car is fine. Felt good before the oil degraded and I switched. Both cars have the same basic tune but they felt different. Don't know why just hope it doesn't push tonight
You were pushing through the turns and doing 41's... I hate you.

I'm gonna get smoked

Doubt it. I wouldnt count you out if you were in a yaris, lol. I think the C7 will be a challenge here for sure though. JC is usually fast in that C7 but it looked like he was fighting the car more than i was fighting mine last night. Understeer mid turn as well?

So everyone is aware we will be in the old club for the race tonight. as of next week we will start using the new club.

If you do not have the new club let me know tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back