◆ SNAIL [GT1 Championship] Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are now able to choose a car from this post

any car ?

EDIT when I think about it , it was a stupid question , I`ll come up with my pick shortly :)

EDIT EDIT. It might take some time before I can pick a car , could anybody help me out with a track and a laptime to aim for , please ?

EDIT EDIT EDIT. I´ll pick the BMW , for how long is it possible to change your pick/car ?

Last edited:
Track 1: Big Willow
Track 2: Brands Hatch GP time change
Track 3: Suzuka Circuit 2014 time change

@Scorpion0001 i need your help on proper time change settings, new to me. I'll start a pm with you later today to get imput on how to set up the 50 min races to achieve the desired effect.

I guess I'll have to actually learn Willow now. I've never been able to find a rhythm there.

Track 1: Big Willow
Track 2: Brands Hatch GP time change
Track 3: Suzuka Circuit 2014 time change

@Scorpion0001 i need your help on proper time change settings, new to me. I'll start a pm with you later today to get imput on how to set up the 50 min races to achieve the desired effect.
Whitey I misspoke last night when I said you get 3 you were correct Schmed pass his pick to JCH8r

Track pick counts:

Whitey 2 JCH8r 4

any car ?

EDIT when I think about it , it was a stupid question , I`ll come up with my pick shortly :)

EDIT EDIT. It might take some time before I can pick a car , could anybody help me out with a track and a laptime to aim for , please ?

EDIT EDIT EDIT. I´ll pick the BMW , for how long is it possible to change your pick/car ?
until the drop of the green flag on the first official race day

I want to practice Big Willie tonight, so if you see a room in our club, jump in. I hear the water is nice. No, really I have no idea. I have no memory of the C7 at BW. I am sure a tune is needed. Hey Whitey, what you up to later?

Okay, I'm just gonna throw this out there because we've never done it since I've been racing: the Indy 500 looks like it will generate a lot of interest this year, anyone want to try an Indy 50.0 Minutes on the oval? Feel free to kill me with your comments.

When I get back to my PS3 I will have a final list. Right now it's leaning towards fast, long, real world tracks. Indy Oval is a wildcard option. Thoughts?

Okay, I'm just gonna throw this out there because we've never done it since I've been racing: the Indy 500 looks like it will generate a lot of interest this year, anyone want to try an Indy 50.0 Minutes on the oval? Feel free to kill me with your comments.

When I get back to my PS3 I will have a final list. Right now it's leaning towards fast, long, real world tracks. Indy Oval is a wildcard option. Thoughts?

:( I would rather drive backwards while being smashed into lap after lap by everyone racing.
Then for every person that hit me I get IR'd and penalized for it. The penalties are then applied for every season to the point that I am at zero then applied over every following season under the same guidelines until cleared.

I'm kidding :)

But seriously I have zero interest in oval tracks. FTR

@Xradkins yeah i'll be on tonight working out the kinks in the jag.

@JCH8r although its an interesting idea in concept, trick and i had to endure an endurance race at motegi speedway in the ARS series and A) it was monotonous as heck B) required its own bop adjustment specific to the track since its wide open all around and minor differences in speed are amplified and C) if the bop is perfect we would be in a big tight pack and one wobble would lose the draft and your race is over. I wouldnt recommend it.

@Xradkins yeah i'll be on tonight working out the kinks in the jag.

@JCH8r although its an interesting idea in concept, trick and i had to endure an endurance race at motegi speedway in the ARS series and A) it was monotonous as heck B) required its own bop adjustment specific to the track since its wide open all around and minor differences in speed are amplified and C) if the bop is perfect we would be in a big tight pack and one wobble would lose the draft and your race is over. I wouldnt recommend it.

Sad but true

All good advice. My 4 track choices then:
3. Suzuka 14 with time change start at 1030AM, 12X Time (or as close to that as possible)
4. Silverstone GP Circuit
5. Circuit le Sarthe 2013 with time change start at 300PM, 30X Time (or as close as possible)

All good advice. My 4 track choices then:
3. Suzuka 14 with time change start at 1030AM, 12X Time (or as close to that as possible)
4. Silverstone GP Circuit
5. Circuit le Sarthe 2013 with time change start at 300PM, 30X Time (or as close as possible)

Maybe there is something I dont know , but I can only count 3 tracks ?

Maybe there is something I dont know , but I can only count 3 tracks ?

Just checking if Nurburgring 24H is an allowed track and what difficulties would come with running it. So, I'll just throw that out there. I think we've run it before... What's the consensus? I also think RB Ring is a good choice, just no time change option. Poll?

I am very against lemans and nurb if we are using fast wear. Youre asking for trouble as the tires and fuel degrade so much during just one lap. I stayed out for an extra lap last time we went to lemans to avoid pit road traffic and within the lap my tires went from fine to undriveable and my race was ruined. Theyre your picks but i dont support them personally.

If we move to normal wear and extend the races to 120 minutes or something like that then i would love to race the big tracks.

Last edited:
I am very against lemans and nurb if we are using fast wear. Youre asking for trouble as the tires and fuel degrade so much during just one lap. I stayed out for an extra lap last time we went to lemans to avoid pit road traffic and within the lap my tires went from fine to undriveable and my race was ruined. Theyre your picks but i dont support them personally.

If we move to normal wear and extend the races to 120 minutes or something like that then i would love to race the big tracks.

That's good feedback Whitey. I appreciate it.

I agree with Whitey. Plus with the time change, every segment of the track will feel different and there's no way to get a rhythm going. I honestly would like to see a few shorter tracks in the mix for more lapping and more passing opportunities. Trying to test my car at Spa meant a minimum of 5 minutes before I knew if my changes were producing faster laps. Le Sarthe is going to be equally as painful to tune. I imagine I'll be running the first half of the track over and over again just to figure out top speed on the straight...which will likely be the deciding factor on who wins that race. I don't expect to see much battling for position after lap 2.

Yeah i hear you chuyler. I was initially going to go with streets of willow and brands hatch indy but chickened out and went with the longer versions which are still pretty short relative to a lot of tracks. I like short tracks and keeping people together so we can battle each other a bit. Had the same issues with spa, got veey little good practice because it takes almost 10 minutes to make a change and get one lap to see how it worked.

I feel bad for scorp and Thor. They get the vaunted camaro and have no tracks that favor it. Its top speed is horrible to make up for its cornering prowess. At least theyll have each other to battle.

I think willow should be good for it, lots of sweeping corners and any car with even tire wear will average out to some decent laps. Brands hatch also has a few turns that can make or break a lap and there's really only one straight. I'm not a fan of willow but I'm curious to see what racing will be like there. I don't think I've ever raced online there and some turns have a few different lines you can take. Brands Hatch I do enjoy...but I think both of these tracks will be hard on the Mustang. I've got it dialed in better than the start of last season, but no matter what I do it never seems to like long sweepers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back