◆ SNAIL [GT1 Championship] Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll leave the discussion open on the last track, but comments have me leaning towards RB Ring, and maybe replacing Le Sarthe with Indy Road Course. Thoughts?

I'll leave the discussion open on the last track, but comments have me leaning towards RB Ring, and maybe replacing Le Sarthe with Indy Road Course. Thoughts?
I would love Indy Road :) one of my favorites!

In my humble opinion you should keep Le Sarthe , it dont kill you tires that quickly , and Iam so much for running nurb24h , you should easily could do at least 2 laps on it , but no matter what it all comes down to the same thing you need to be week after week , prepared big time when you have fast tirewear you need to be even more prepared , practise practise and then some practise , and if you have done your homework it doesnt matter what track you are running at , but thats offcourse just my opinion :)

I've got less than a 2 dozen laps on RBR. It seems like a great track, I just haven't warmed up to it yet.

Yeah i hear you chuyler. I was initially going to go with streets of willow and brands hatch indy but chickened out and went with the longer versions which are still pretty short relative to a lot of tracks. I like short tracks and keeping people together so we can battle each other a bit. Had the same issues with spa, got veey little good practice because it takes almost 10 minutes to make a change and get one lap to see how it worked.

I feel bad for scorp and Thor. They get the vaunted camaro and have no tracks that favor it. Its top speed is horrible to make up for its cornering prowess. At least theyll have each other to battle.
True, so far the best top speed I can get is 173mph and that's well into the red and bouncing off the limiter!

@JCH8r just my 2 cents on your track selections discussion,

Personally I think the nurb would be a disaster. Don't get me wrong I Love the Nurb I've ran 24 hour races many times there, however in the GT1 format of Fast Tire / Fuel wear, I can see some cars pitting every lap or every 2 laps. If it was normal wear with a mandatory pit stop I think it would be better.

As of sarthe again I love the track and I don't have as much of a problem with it. Just long straights, few corners.

Both tracks I think would consist of we all see each other for the first maybe 30 seconds at most then we are gone racing by ourselves for 50 minutes.

Again my 2 cents, I want to race with people around me, not alone. More fun.

That's just my opinion. It's totally up to you guys what you want to run for tracks. I'll show up and race them of course. I just want to have fun throughout the season :)

My sentiments too ph1sh. I would absolutely love to race these tracks just not in this format. Its funny, when i started in gt1 50 minutes seemed like forever. Now its a blink of an eye. A 2 hour race with normal wear would allow for a lot more options such as these tracks and still be only as long if not shorter than running spec on sundays. If everyone was on board this could be the answer. But as long as wear is fast and the race is only 50 minutes, i dont see how we could get any good racing going at the super long tracks. You'd pit every lap at nurb24 and every few laps at lemans. Can you even get 8 laps on hards in at lemans in the time alotted? How many laps would the race end up being? Will there be a rule change? Or a bop change to even the cars top speed out at mulsanne?

My sentiments too ph1sh. I would absolutely love to race these tracks just not in this format. Its funny, when i started in gt1 50 minutes seemed like forever. Now its a blink of an eye. A 2 hour race with normal wear would allow for a lot more options such as these tracks and still be only as long if not shorter than running spec on sundays. If everyone was on board this could be the answer. But as long as wear is fast and the race is only 50 minutes, i dont see how we could get any good racing going at the super long tracks. You'd pit every lap at nurb24 and every few laps at lemans. Can you even get 8 laps on hards in at lemans in the time alotted? How many laps would the race end up being? Will there be a rule change? Or a bop change to even the cars top speed out at mulsanne?
At my age 50 minutes is about as far as I can go without a restroom break! LOL :crazy:

Track 6. Indy Road Course

We've raced at Le Sarthe before, so I figured it was a good track. And it would be interesting to run test races with different tire options and degradation models. Playing the Sport Beta so far, they are really working hard on a ghosting system for rooms, but it's still sketchy. If the private lobby and ability to customize room settings gets lost, we might be here awhile.

And postponing a week works better for me too. Super busy right now.

edit: I realize I've just admitted that I'm super busy running the Beta. I've had a hard time finding time to do that too...

Agree JC. There may not be the ability to do what we do on gtsport so maybe we will be here longer than we planned. I wish we knew generally what the online and community features were going to be so we could reasonably assess the series future

Agree JC. There may not be the ability to do what we do on gtsport so maybe we will be here longer than we planned. I wish we knew generally what the online and community features were going to be so we could reasonably assess the series future

I don't like it when they aren't forthcoming with details. My guess would be that they don't want to lose anyone to features they aren't offering. And/or they don't want to promise something and then not deliver. It gives me the impression they are rushing / pushing this game out and it's not ready. Which would mean, headaches and glitches galore. I hope I'm wrong! But this concept isn't new with big game companies. :(

You guys don't have to hold up the series for me...but I am available the rest of the weeks including June 7th.

I'd be game for messing with tire and race length settings in future series and maybe a few drivers should start now with some mock races. However, it seems like 50 minutes is right in the sweet spot for 1 or 2 pit stops. If you put everyone on the exact same schedule there's less strategy to play out. Also, a longer race really spreads the pack out beyond where a simple pit stop error or off track incident could change the outcome. In other words, faster cars have the ability to make mistakes and not pay for them because they have tons of time to catch back up. Even at Spa last season I was able to make 3 pit stops and have a respectable finish. I didn't think the Mustang was all that quick, but I was able to recover from not getting enough gas and chase down my lost position. If I had another hour to drive I might have been able to clear all my driving mistakes during that race.

I don't like it when they aren't forthcoming with details. My guess would be that they don't want to lose anyone to features they aren't offering. And/or they don't want to promise something and then not deliver. It gives me the impression they are rushing / pushing this game out and it's not ready. Which would mean, headaches and glitches galore. I hope I'm wrong! But this concept isn't new with big game companies. :(
It wouldn't be the first time polyphony rushed a game before completion and not given the fans what was promised *cough* GT6 *Cough*

Considering my wife pre-paid for it back in November and bought me a PS4 specifically to have the game....their point of being rushed to release has passed....now the game is overdue and borderline irrelevant. I don't know what the hold up is, but you'd think a popular franchise would be able to hire developers that can meet deadlines.

Considering my wife pre-paid for it back in November and bought me a PS4 specifically to have the game....their point of being rushed to release has passed....now the game is overdue and borderline irrelevant. I don't know what the hold up is, but you'd think a popular franchise would be able to hire developers that can meet deadlines.

I would almost be afraid to know the hold up. I feel like it (GS) might be to big a project for them to handle all the corner cutting and glitchy programming ugh. Just talking about it worries me. I need to be wrong here. It's become such a huge expectation for me. I honestly can't see how they'll meet it at this point. I've never wanted to be proven wrong more in my life. #hopelivesondespiteitall

I think their priorities are just whack. Most of us just want nice looking tracks and a good physics model. They spend all this time trying to get hundreds of cars to look good, and adding cut scenes and other garbage. Just give me a game that I can race online with friends that doesn't crash (unless I do).

This. The amount of time they spent mapping the surface of the moon and star alignments to make the lunar rover mission is just bewildering. They delayed and then rushed a completely unfinished game that has been updated a zillion times to become usable. Fortunately, they had enough of a framework from gt5 to fall back on but now they are starting from scratch and when this game comes out finally it will be a bug ridden shell of a game for months while they try to hotpatch and update it into something worthwhile.

It is at least comforting that they have rolled out this massive beta test but they have already been playing with the physics and tire models which leads me to believe they arent as close as many hope. Dont retire your ps3's just yet. Gt6 shall live on into 2018 at least as long as they dont shut down the servers. There may never be a game like gt5/6 again now that they are narrowing their focus in the genre.

Ok so I know everyone is focused on season 21, however I have to start looking at season 22.

Here's what I want to know, what do people want to run?

1) low HP race cars
2) 600 HP italian imports
3) High hp power race cars
4) a feasible list of 12 cars worth testing

Order them in which you would prefer (EX: 3,1,2) and the test team will try to build a series based on the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back