◆ SNAIL [GT1 Championship] Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Die_Birdy_Die, Is the Plan to start week 1 this week or next week? Either works for me though if we start next week that would work as well since I can work Wednesday night.

Both works for me, just let me know what you would like to do when you can

@Die_Birdy_Die, Is the Plan to start week 1 this week or next week? Either works for me though if we start next week that would work as well since I can work Wednesday night.

Both works for me, just let me know what you would like to do when you can
the season start is being postponed I haven't gotten any negative responces

Had a track day with my FB RX7 on Friday, just a HPDE event with an instructor. It was raining the whole time but taught me a lot about car control because I couldn't use very much wheel exiting the corners. The car was snap over steering on throttle and also occasionally mid corner. After two sessions I disconnected the sway bar and that helped a bunch. I thought I'd be in good shape with UHP grade tires, Yokohama s.drive, but after a ride in my instructors car on slicks I realized UHPs just aren't all that good for the track. My friend has a set of Toyo R888s that are mounted to a spare set of wheels that i can try out for the next event. He's racing spec IT7 and they have a gentleman's agreement to run Nittos instead...so the tires are getting scrapped anyway.

Very cool! I am trying to get to a local autox with my mustang soon and once i have a few of those in i am going to hit an hpde with nasa at autobahn later in the year. Good to see there are other people getting out on track in this group. Ph1sher has his dirt car, kg hits the track occasionally and coach is in autox and chumpcar. Anyone else getting some real track time this year in gt1?

I'm hoping to do some autox as well this season so I can approach the limit in the dry without the same consequences of being at the track. I've got video I can share later of the track. There's several corners like trial mountain with basically no run-off. One of the instructors totaled his 3rd gen MR2. He made the mistake he tells his students not to do. He lifted mid corner.

Ooh yeah dont do that. My one and only 24 hours of lemons penalty was for coming in too hot into a decreasing radius corner and lifting to readjust and being sent spinning into the infield stopping just short of the corner workers station at gingerman raceway. In our short wheel base fwd fiesta i found out right there to never lift midcorner and i never did again. At least i didnt touch anyone or anything though by the luck of god.

Very cool! I am trying to get to a local autox with my mustang soon and once i have a few of those in i am going to hit an hpde with nasa at autobahn later in the year. Good to see there are other people getting out on track in this group. Ph1sher has his dirt car, kg hits the track occasionally and coach is in autox and chumpcar. Anyone else getting some real track time this year in gt1?
They won't let me on a track I'm too messed up :)

Hello,

I am not yet 100% sure if I will have the available time and energy to participate here but I would like to go ahead and complete the prerequisites necessary so I will have an easier time if and when I decide to compete with you all.

From the OP I am to run a TT with the Mercedes SLS GT3 on Nurburgring GP using Racing Soft tires. I would like to confirm that this is the case.

Respectfully,
Bambi

Hello,

I am not yet 100% sure if I will have the available time and energy to participate here but I would like to go ahead and complete the prerequisites necessary so I will have an easier time if and when I decide to compete with you all.

From the OP I am to run a TT with the Mercedes SLS GT3 on Nurburgring GP using Racing Soft tires. I would like to confirm that this is the case.

Respectfully,
Bambi
I second that reply put forward by Whitey. It would be awesome to have you racing with us here bambi. A class act with gobs of speed! :)

Hello,

Respectfully,
Bambi
Welcome @Whitetail to the GT1 championship.

We are the TUNING SERIES wing of SNAIL! Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL [GT1 Championship] series:
Step 1:Learn and follow The Good Racecraft Guide and SNAIL OLR.
Step 2: Send a Friend Request to @GT1Championship on PSN and wait for an invite to the club.
Step 3: Purchase the car you will be racing for the current season we are in.(#3) (You will be Pro)
Step 3: Choose your number, colours and claim them on this thread
Step 4:match the specs for the division you are in.(#2) (Pro)
Step 5: tune your car!

Remember this is a TUNING series and have fun!

I've raced with you bambi, You are most certainly a Pro. Welcome to GT1!

Hello,

I would like to choose the Mercedes C63 AMG. I am not sure if I will be attending the race this Wednesday, this is the week before finals so I am keen on ample preparation to save my GPA.

If the C63 is not available (to my understanding it is) then I'd be happy to pick another car.

See you all soon,
Bambi

Hello,

I would like to choose the Mercedes C63 AMG. I am not sure if I will be attending the race this Wednesday, this is the week before finals so I am keen on ample preparation to save my GPA.

If the C63 is not available (to my understanding it is) then I'd be happy to pick another car.

See you all soon,
Bambi
We are off this week, I haven't adjusted the schedule to account for Chuy needing this as an off week.

Good luck on your exams!

We have the most talented group of drivers i ever remember having in this series right now. This may be the toughest/best season ever! Just cracking the top 5 will be challenging and every position on the grid will be fought for. Cant wait to start the season but actually am glad we have another week to test so everyone can be ready to go for race 1. Good luck testing everyone!

@Die_Birdy_Die Their has been choir rehearsal at my local church each Wednesday night so it looks like i am pulling out of the GT1 series. I have enjoyed racing in the GT1 series over the years and wish good luck to everyone tomorrow night and in future races. Just that by the time the rehearsal is over, it is way past for me to get back home to racing. So that leaves my choice to anyone else in the Pro am category who wants it. Everyone here is respectful on the track, great friends to race against each Wednesday night. If any changes in the future where i can return to GT1, i will send a message here.

@Die_Birdy_Die Their has been choir rehearsal at my local church each Wednesday night so it looks like i am pulling out of the GT1 series. I have enjoyed racing in the GT1 series over the years and wish good luck to everyone tomorrow night and in future races. Just that by the time the rehearsal is over, it is way past for me to get back home to racing. So that leaves my choice to anyone else in the Pro am category who wants it. Everyone here is respectful on the track, great friends to race against each Wednesday night. If any changes in the future where i can return to GT1, i will send a message here.
WHere is the dislike button

I would sure be disappointed if I or someone missed the first race of this season because of a clerical error. Page one says the season starts April 26th. What is the final say on when we actually start?

I would sure be disappointed if I or someone missed the first race of this season because of a clerical error. Page one says the season starts April 26th. What is the final say on when we actually start?
Thanks rad, I forgot to change the one day we are skipping . :dunce:

That sucks champ! But it's for another passion so it's worth it. Hope it changes soon so you can get back to racing!:gtpflag:

Oh man, I gotta get back in my Mustang. What track is first on the schedule? I'm down for some tuning practice tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back