◆ SNAIL [GT1 Championship] Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea but what about your pit box being before the line?

the rule dosnt say 6 full laps on track. it says 6 lap min. this rule needs to be made clearer for us all .i have never raced in anything were your enter an exit laps dont count tworard the race. thats nuts . So the gravel trap,disco,contact and fuel count but not tires ? Lol

Your in and out lap are the most important laps of the race. It is were the most time can be lost or gained.Lol

If this is the rule thats fine but put it in black and white . I dont see it anywhere specified .

Last edited by a moderator:
I will amend the first post to reflect it, but it has been stated verbally before every race that every driver must complete 6 full laps on SM. I believe it is somewhere in the old thread but I haven't found it yet.

Edit: amendment made please check it over and suggest any changes that you feel need to be made to make it as clear as possible.

Last edited:
Yea its got to specify that the in and out laps dont count torward tire count.

Okay, so just putting my opinion out there from what I heard online earlier. The image has the names of every who race last night on top(except scorpion, sorry you got disconnected man) and the lap number on the left. Ignore what tire people were on, I didn't realize it wouldn't tell you what tire everyone was on even after pit stops.

Now to better explain this, look at my column, quiltingchloe. If you look down to lap 18, you will notice I wrote "PIT" ON THE LINE. This means that I came into the pits on lap 18 and came out of the pits beginning lap 19. This does depend on where your pit stall was. Mine was before the start/finish line. But if you look at someone like JakeDog23, he came in on lap 7 but doesn't get to his pit stall till he is already on lap 8. You can tell this cause his lap timer in the center of the screen wont show up till he leaves the pits and it is already at 35 seconds VS mine which is at 14 seconds)

So, my opinion, if you come into the pits on (using me as an example) lap 18 and coming out on lap 19 for fresh tires, I completed 18 laps on my first set of tires and 7 laps on my second set of tires. That adds up to 25 which is how many the race was.

So if I do my math right the shortest number of laps each racer completed on any set of tires are as follows:
xWARMACHINE84x: 6 laps
kgffty: 7 laps
quiltingchloe: 7 laps
TEX-36: 7 laps
thorracing34: 5 laps
RacingChamp30: 6 laps
JakeDog23: 1 lap(went out and came back in) First stint was 7 laps though
Die_Birdy_Die: 6 laps

I don't know what tires everyone was on at what time or else I would right that down as well. I am just trying to put information out there in a very neutral way.

Okay, so just putting my opinion out there from what I heard online earlier. The image has the names of every who race last night on top(except scorpion, sorry you got disconnected man) and the lap number on the left. Ignore what tire people were on, I didn't realize it wouldn't tell you what tire everyone was on even after pit stops.

Now to better explain this, look at my column, quiltingchloe. If you look down to lap 18, you will notice I wrote "PIT" ON THE LINE. This means that I came into the pits on lap 18 and came out of the pits beginning lap 19. This does depend on where your pit stall was. Mine was before the start/finish line. But if you look at someone like JakeDog23, he came in on lap 7 but doesn't get to his pit stall till he is already on lap 8. You can tell this cause his lap timer in the center of the screen wont show up till he leaves the pits and it is already at 35 seconds VS mine which is at 14 seconds)

So, my opinion, if you come into the pits on (using me as an example) lap 18 and coming out on lap 19 for fresh tires, I completed 18 laps on my first set of tires and 7 laps on my second set of tires. That adds up to 25 which is how many the race was.

So if I do my math right the shortest number of laps each racer completed on any set of tires are as follows:
xWARMACHINE84x: 6 laps
kgffty: 7 laps
quiltingchloe: 7 laps
TEX-36: 7 laps
thorracing34: 5 laps
RacingChamp30: 6 laps
JakeDog23: 1 lap(went out and came back in) First stint was 7 laps though
Die_Birdy_Die: 6 laps

I don't know what tires everyone was on at what time or else I would right that down as well. I am just trying to put information out there in a very neutral way.
Thank you for the illustration. It is not pit out, it's after you cross the start/finish line again that your 6 laps begins. So your lap count, as an example, would start at lap 20. Their will be no penalties this week, do to the obvious miss information on my part.

So you are saying you need to run 6 laps on the SM on track, pits don't count. (which for most folk means run 7 laps...you know what I mean)

Yeah don't worry you will beat me every week this season. I will finish last for sure based on this Wedensdays results

So you are saying you need to run 6 laps on the SM on track, pits don't count. (which for most folk means run 7 laps...you know what I mean)
Yep thats what everyone has to do. Your sm count does not start until you cross the start / finish line of the following lap.

I am going to attempt to clarify the tire compound change rule for us here in regards to different race strategies.

1. starting on SM tires - SS tires for the duration of the race
  2. starting on SS tires - SM tires - SS tires till the end of the race
  3. starting on SS tires - SM tires at the end of the race

1. 1) Starting on Medium Sports tires Then running the race on Soft Sports tires for the rest of the race:

In this strategy you Will have to run 6 COMPLETE laps and then pit in on THE NEXT lap or later to be within the regulations.

Since your in lap doesn’t count You WILL have to run a total of 7 laps on SM tires.

This is the easiest strategy to run but it is one of the slowest, as it requires you to run SM tires with on a FULL tank of fuel.

2) Starting on Sports Softs then running a middle stint on Sports Mediums switching to Sports Softs for the final dash to the end of the race:

This strategy your pit out lap AND pit in lap would not count! Therefore you WILL have to change your tires to Medium Sports then run an out lap, continue on with 6 more COMPLETE laps AND then pit on the following lap.

You WILL have to run a total of 8 Laps on Medium Sports tires.

To make this strategy successful you must only fall off of your lap times by a mere 1-1.5 sec at the end of the 8th lap on Medium tires or you will be at a DISADVANTAGE to the rest of the strategies

3) Starting on Sports Softs and then Finishing on Medium Sports tires:

You will have to change from SS to SM then run an out lap AND THEN run 6 COMPLETE laps to end the race on!

Since your out lap does not count you will have to only run 7 laps total on SM tires.

HOWEVER you WILL have to calculate how much time you will need including the pit stop, tire change the out lap and the following 6 COMPLETE laps will take you! THEN You Would pit according to the corresponding time left in the race to finish the race with 6 COMPLETE LAPS on SM tires to satisfy the race regulations.

This strategy requires a bit of math to accomplish, however if done correctly, it is the fastest strategies available to us as it requires the least amount of fuel to run on the SM tires.

I hope this clarifies things a bit more for all of us moving forward with the rest of the season.

I am going to attempt to clarify the tire compound change rule for us here in regards to different race strategies.

1. starting on SM tires - SS tires for the duration of the race
  2. starting on SS tires - SM tires - SS tires till the end of the race
  3. starting on SS tires - SM tires at the end of the race

1. 1) Starting on Medium Sports tires Then running the race on Soft Sports tires for the rest of the race:

In this strategy you Will have to run 6 COMPLETE laps and then pit in on THE NEXT lap or later to be within the regulations.

Since your in lap doesn’t count You WILL have to run a total of 7 laps on SM tires.

This is the easiest strategy to run but it is one of the slowest, as it requires you to run SM tires with on a FULL tank of fuel.

2) Starting on Sports Softs then running a middle stint on Sports Mediums switching to Sports Softs for the final dash to the end of the race:

This strategy your pit out lap AND pit in lap would not count! Therefore you WILL have to change your tires to Medium Sports then run an out lap, continue on with 6 more COMPLETE laps AND then pit on the following lap.

You WILL have to run a total of 8 Laps on Medium Sports tires.

To make this strategy successful you must only fall off of your lap times by a mere 1-1.5 sec at the end of the 8th lap on Medium tires or you will be at a DISADVANTAGE to the rest of the strategies

3) Starting on Sports Softs and then Finishing on Medium Sports tires:

You will have to change from SS to SM then run an out lap AND THEN run 6 COMPLETE laps to end the race on!

Since your out lap does not count you will have to only run 7 laps total on SM tires.

HOWEVER you WILL have to calculate how much time you will need including the pit stop, tire change the out lap and the following 6 COMPLETE laps will take you! THEN You Would pit according to the corresponding time left in the race to finish the race with 6 COMPLETE LAPS on SM tires to satisfy the race regulations.

This strategy requires a bit of math to accomplish, however if done correctly, it is the fastest strategies available to us as it requires the least amount of fuel to run on the SM tires.

I hope this clarifies things a bit more for all of us moving forward with the rest of the season.
And to think you said that this would take the strategy out of our wednesday night :) And that EVERYONE would just run sm at the start

Edit: Explanation added to post 1

Practice room now open...

Practice room now closed for the night, sweet dreams everybody.:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Mount Panorama, commonly known as Bathurst, is a real world racing circuit in New South Wales, Australia. It is one of the longest tracks in GT6 at 6.213 Km (4.0miles) with 23 turns and several elevation changes. The Mount Panorama Circuit is knownas one of the most fearsome circuits in the World. It also has the fastest corner in touring car racing, turn 20, known as the Chase. It has been described as a “mix of the Nordschleife, Petit Le Mans and Laguna Seca”. It has also been given the nickname the “Blue Hell”, paying homage to Nurburgring’s nickname the “Green Hell”.

Mount Panorama is made up of 4 sectors:

Sector one is the easiest only one corner to worry about.

Sector two takes you on a roller coaster ride up the hill very technical and mostly bumpy with several sharp corners to navigate through.

Sector three starts on top of the mountain and is mostly why the track claims so many victims, the fast downhill twisty section is not for the faint of hearts.

Sector four contains only 4 corners and is one of the highest speed sectors in all of GT6, it contains one of the fastest right handers of all time.

SECTOR 1

Pit Straight

Sounds easy point the car straight and aim for your breaking point before turn one.

Hell corner (turn 1)

Tight left hand off camber corner, stay off of the inside curb and don’t go past the outside curbing and you will get a good launch down the next straight. Hell Corner was so named after the tree stump that existed on the apex of turn one, it was believed that any motor bike riders who hit the stump would die in an act of folly and thereby be doomed to an eternity of death.

Mountain Straight

Mountain Straight is a long straight that begins the climb up the mountain towards Griffins Bend. V8 Supercars reach speeds up to 250 km/h (155 mph) as drivers race over the crest immediately prior to braking for Griffins Bend. In the days before modern aerodynamics, drivers would have to lift off the throttle to prevent becoming airborne over the crest halfway up the straight. The crest also caused problems during the old Easter motorbike races at the circuit with a number of riders having serious crashes due to not lifting before the crest and their bikes becoming airborne.

SECTOR 2

Griffins Bend (turn 2)

Also known as GTX Bend (the corner's first sponsor), Griffins Bend was named after the Mayor of Bathurst whose vision it was to create the scenic road/race-track. Drivers heading around this right-hander have to be careful not to drift too far out of this negatively cambered turn and hit the wall upon exit.

The Cutting (turns 3 and 4)

Referred to for many years as "BP Cutting", this is a pair of left hand corners, leading into a steep 1:6 grade exit. Overtaking is virtually impossible here, and it is very hard to recover from a spin here because of the narrow room and steep gradient.

Quarry Corner (turns 5 and 6)

Up the shoot and a quick right hander followed by a short uphill section into an off camber med right. A pause of the throttle at turn six helps the car set up for the next series of corners.

Reid Park (turns 7 and 8)

After exiting the Quarry, drivers leave the right hand turn, heading up, then into a left hand turn. This is Reid Park, named after the Bathurst City Engineer Hughie Reid, who re-designed sections of the track to be more suitable for Motor Racing.

Sulman Park (turn 9)

After Reid Park, drivers brave a steep drop (known as Frog Hollow), flowing into a climbing left hand turn, heading back towards the highest point of Mount Panorama. This is also the location of Sulman Park and its Nature Park.

McPhillamy Park (turn 10)

McPhillamy Park is a downhill, deceptively fast left hand turn which is guarded by a crest prior to turn-in, rendering the corner blind to approaching drivers. Drivers have to stay close to the wall while turning so as not to go out wide upon exit. To go too close, however, may cause the car to clip the inside curbing unsettling the car and shoving you every which way; I’ve spun out in the grass, crashed into the wall or just spun down the park straight.

McPhillamy Park is the location of the longest-running campsite for those who camp at the track (sometimes for over a week in advance of a race). The park was named after Walter J. McPhillamy, a previous mayor of the Bathurst City Council and the owner of most of the land occupied by the Bald Hills which was donated.

SECTOR 3

Skyline (turn 11)

A short straight connects McPhillamy to the next corner. Named 'Brock's Skyline' after nine-time Bathurst 1000 winner Peter Brock, Skyline is a sharply descending right hand corner which signifies the beginning of the descent from the top of the Mountain. The corner acquired the name from the visual effect of looking upwards at the corner from below, such is the sharpness of that initial plunge. Get your entry speed right or you will end up spinning out of control down the hill.

The Esses (turns 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17!)

One of the most complex and technical series of esses anywhere in the world are here in one section!

The Esses are the series of corners which begin at Skyline and stretch down the Mountain towards Forrest's Elbow. There have been many notable accidents at this part of the circuit, track blockages, cars spinning out and cars stopping after they have hit the wall are all too common occurrences here.

The most famous of the Esses, the Dipper (the third in the sequence), is a sharp left hand corner so named because, before safety changes were made, there was a dip in the road surface and a steep drop not far from the edge of the road, and many cars were able to get two wheels off of the ground. This is where most of the spinouts and incidents occur.

Forrest’s Elbow (turn 18)

'The Elbow' – named after Jack Forrest, a motorcycle racer who scraped his elbow away after laying down his bike – is a slow, descending left-hand turn that leads on to the long Conrod Straight. The corner's line drifts towards the outside wall on exit and drivers have to be careful of getting too close or the blue tires of death will eat your car and cause you and those around you much grief!

Turn 19

This flat out high speed kink that leads on to the long straight is the only corner on this circuit that does not have a proper name and is seldomly mentioned or given a second thought by drivers. Just remember this, do not put a tire off here or you will be passed or worse spin out and lose precious time heading down the straight.

Conrod Straight

Formerly known as Main Straight, Conrod Straight was so named because of a con-rod failure that ended the 1939 Easter race of Frank Kleinig in his Kleinig/Hudson race car. At 1.916 km, the Conrod Straight is the fastest section of Mount Panorama, with today's V8 Supercars just reaching 300 km/h (186 mph). The straight is a roller-coaster ride featuring two distinct crests, the second of which was rebuilt in 1987.

SECTOR 4

The Chase (turns 20, 21 and 22)

Known for many years as 'Caltex Chase', this three turn sequence was added in preparation for the World Touring Car Championship round in 1987. It interrupts Conrod Straight with a fast right hand bend descending to the right over the dangerous crest prior to the spectator bridge, before a sharp uphill left hand bend then second right hand corner returns the competitors to Conrod Straight for the blast down to Murray's Corner.

Turn 20 is one of the fastest if not the fastest right hand corner in all of racing. Taken flat out by the bravest drivers it is an off camber cresting mild right hand corner that you can neither cut nor let the car run wide. Shortly after this you must get your car settled and slowed down for the chicane (turns 21&23). Stay off the curb in corner 22 as it will shoot you off into the grass on the right side upon exit. Hug the inside of corner 23’s apex and you will get a good launch down the remainder of Conrod Straight down to the final corner.

Murray’s Corner (turn 23)

Murray's Corner is the final corner before Pit Straight and the lowest point of the circuit. It is a 90 degree left hand turn, and is a favourite overtaking spot as drivers hold braking duels for the corner. Stay off of the inside curb as it will push you out into the grass or worse into the gaurdrail on exit. It was previously called Pit Corner before Bill Murray crashed his Hudson racing car there in 1946.

Wow sounds like you guys n gal better fear the mountain! Just one of my if not my favorite tracks. I love sonoma tho. .To me they are very simular.

Well I guess its time to head to the mountain for some practice.

Last edited:
Wow, after so many perfect laps;
I go out and spin out! Not once but twice! Oh man.

I wondered what happened to you. Expected to see your car flying by at any moment.

practice room now closed
had a great suspension day on the track, got the car down into the low 2:11's with acceptable tire wear.
looks like another two stop race thanks to polyphony f'n up the tire wear on 4WD cars....

Birdy on the scoring sheet it says we are racing on Suzuka Circuit 2014
Is this the correct track?
Is it different from Suzuka Circuit non weather/time variable?
I'm sure that Warmachine picked the other one.
found this post early on in the season.. (pg 19 post #543)
"Its the suzuka without the weather or time beside it. I was also going to see if we could start the in game track time at 1:30 for mount panorama."

just want to make sure before setting up the car one final time before tuning for longer racing stints..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back