◆ SNAIL [GT1 Championship] Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understand. Good luck.

Well its worth a shot . We need a spark to promote the series. Just trying the same things all the time is not getting us any farther . I agree the names can be simple yet exciting. Like a mustang for instance. Even as a child I knew if that car said boss or had a Cobra on it. That was the fastest one. Just names like Hornet, Super Sport and Extreme are plenty effective. Just remember what is silly to one could be eye candy to another . Keep an open mind.

Also when we race in other series maybe mention our series. This series is great to keep these enduro guys on there best game. Let them know when you do well that we got a part of our petigree here and its a great place to learn the ropes.

Also when we race in other series maybe mention our series. This series is great to keep these enduro guys on there best game. Let them know when you do well that we got a part of our petigree here and its a great place to learn the ropes.
I can agree with recruiting good drivers!

Since I joined you guys, I have had no better racing experience!

About wrangling in new drivers might I suggest advertising on GTPlanet fourms and running public rooms using the next upcoming Mangane sportscar on various tracks:cheers:

I think it a good idea. We can start doing public practices and advertise for recruiting.

Well the recruiting is going well. Met some good drivers out there this evening . Once these guys get there feet wet watch out !

About wrangling in new drivers might I suggest advertising on GTPlanet fourms and running public rooms using the next upcoming Mangane sportscar on various tracks:cheers:
when ever I open a practice room it's always public. My circle is very small you guys have more of a reach out there. You find em I'll race em :)

As for opening an official race to the public, sorry that can't happen to many details to take into consideration, in order to ensure the core group has a great race.

Now as for the official practice room in 2 weeks that can be public so people can see what we are about.

Can someone help me with a tuning problem? When I copy a tune from A to B, everything is fine, except some engine changes are shared between tunes. So, by messing around with different turbos I end up with varying overall engine setups where I don't expect them. That is: if I change the Turbo in the A Setup, it changes the Turbo in the B Setup, but if I'm using a Stage 2 engine in B Setup, it might drop the overall HP from 400 to 375. Weird.

I have found that GT-6, for whatever reason, sometimes changes my settings ....... from one day's practice to the next. So I have just habitually checked all settings before even entering a Community Room. While tuning and changing the settings, I just make sure everything is the way I want it ..... instead of depending on GT-6 or the evil binary spirit that dwells therein.

I started to enter a stint in a 24-hr endurance race once ...... and found that the transmission settings had gone to default. Yes, I always Save my practice sessions before leaving - but that didn't seem to make any difference at that moment.

Just as "Real Racers" check everything before a race ..... changing the oil, etc. ...... I try to emulate that in my Digital World. Don't have any safety wires to check, or tire pressures, but we still need to be "Virtual Mechanics" in our world of online racing.

JC you most likely had to adjust the 'Power Limiter' setting to a lower % and that is what is transferring over and giving you less/more power on different setting tabs
Like Tex said check everything before a race.

Pro tip for the day: once you find a setting you like/love write it down on a notepad/ipad/tablet whatever so you can check it and make sure it is the settings you want to run in the race!

BRANDS HATCH INDY CIRCUIT

Brands Hatch is a motor racing circuit near Swanley in Kent, England. First used as a dirt track motorcycle circuit on farmland, it hosted 12 British Grand Prix’s between 1964 and 1986 and still hold many British and international racing events today.

Brands Hatch is made up of 5 sectors!! on GT6.

Sector one contains one of the most renowned corner in all of motor racing.

Sector two is one of the shortest sectors in GT6

Sector three has the greatest elevation change in GT6

Sector four has the two tightest corners on Brands Hatch Indy Circuit.

Sector five has a hill in the middle of a high speed corner and contains the finish line.

SECTOR 1 (turns 1 & 2)

Paddock Hill Bend

At the start/finish line you move out towards the left

Brake at the brow of the rise/hill, turn in alongside the corner of the gravel trap.

Apex the corner just over the second rise/brow down the hill and be accelerating just before you get to the apex. and continue up the Hailwood Hill.

Druids Bend

start braking on the left and immediately aim toward the inside curb. after you reach the apex accelerate through the corner and down the hill.

SECTOR 2 (Turn 3)

Graham Hill Bend

squeeze on the brakes and increase your turn into the apex. at apex roll off the break and avoid using the inside curb, let the car run out on exit and use the outside curb to complete the corner. accelerate down the Cooper Straight.

SECTOR 3 (Turn 4)

Surtees

turn in alongside the gap in the barrier on the right. let the car roll in and out of the tight, ever decreasing radius, right hand bend.

Back straight

upon exit accelerate hard up the hill down into Pilgrims Drop and up the Hawthorne Hill.

SECTOR 4 (Turn 5, 6 &7)

Hawthorne Bend

start on the left and break slightly setting the car up to search for grip and the apex of this fast sweeping off camber right hander, careful do not hit the inside curb or run wide on exit here or you will end up in the wall or the grass.

Derek Mitter Straight

accelerate hard down this straight set up on the left side for the next corner

Westfield Bend

This is a tight off camber corner with a blind exit, break and turn into the apex with care not to hit the inside curb or too much speed as you will run wide into the car eating sand on the left

Dingle Hill & Sheene Curve

accelerate down the dip being careful not to touch the grass on the left and climb up Sheene Curve

this is the most difficult corner on the circuit. It is an uphill, off camber, blind entry corner that must be taken at med speed to achieve a good lap time.

break while still heading uphill, turn in early aim at the inside curb and try not to run wide on exit.

SECTOR 5 (Turns 8 & 9)

Sterlings Bend

accelerate hard down the straight move to the right side and break hard wide stabbing the car towards the inside of this tight left hand 90° corner. don’t cut the inside curb or run wide over the outside curb here and accelerate down the straight into Clearways.(its a clearing in the forest)

Clearways

Clearways is a mild right bend where many breaking duels happen. get this corner/bend/passage right as it leads immediately into the next tough turn.

Clark Curve

right after Clearway’s is the uphill-downhill, tight, off camber right hander that leads into the Brabham Straight.

get on the power after the crest let the car fall away to the left and then bring the car back to the right to hug the pit wall along the straight.

we most likely will not get to race in a championship race this year...
the other "rookies" are about 2 sec a lap faster than our only gold driver that is not allowed to qualify for us :banghead:🤬:confused::odd:

we most likely will not get to race in a championship race this year...
the other "rookies" are about 2 sec a lap faster than our only gold driver that is not allowed to qualify for us :banghead:🤬:confused::odd:
What class are you guys in?

Room closed. Mind me asking what times you all are running? Not used to Brands Hatch. I'm 1:33.XXX

I am struggling with the 'front end plow' of my 4WD, I am only managing low 1:32's before melting the front tires off

Thanks for the tips. I did take photos of my setups once I realized I'd been thrashing around for an hour running 375HP. Live and learn. :dunce:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back