◆ SNAIL [GT1 Championship] Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Season schedule is up. If anyone wants a race moved or wants to skip a week let us know and we will look into it.

I'm also looking at the Lotus Elise '11. It's beautiful. Haven't driven it yet though lol

Anyone want to do some testing tonight?

So I've been asked a few times what everyone is running and I have a few guesses but no actual confirmations. I'm running the gt 86. I'm assuming tex is running the mg tf160 and penguin may run either the Mazda convertible or the elise '11. If any one else would like to share what cars they are running please do I would love to know! or keep it a secert till tomorrow night lol

Considering the Series 1 Shelby or a Supra/Rx7 pending on what type of tunes I can find and if I can keep up with y'all.

So here's what I'm thinking 350hp 1030 weight increase to 1070 for pro.(must be an increased to 1070) No repeating of Exact cars. Thoughts?

Hey Birdy,

I've been away in Europe for most of the past month and just getting back to GT6 stuff. Unfortunately our Wed night RCS was cancelled just before I left and I'm looking for some endurance type racing and would like to give this a try.

I have zero experience with tuning cars so that is my only concern. Is the above what I would need to find if starting tonight is possible? Any road car with those limits works, and then you tune as you want? I'm assuming I would be ProAm as I was never higher than D5?

I know just about everyone in this series so that is a bonus. I am not friends with either you or Jake though on PSN.

Please let me know if it's possible to start tonight.

Tks,

Aero

ps:congrats on taking the plunge!

Looking forward to these lower powered cars, won't make tonight but will definitely make effort the nxt 3 weeks, is there a decision on tires sm/ss, also I hope guys don't do aggressive detuning, think torque does not change so it would give cars a big advantage . Like I saw earlier a mclaren would look weird on track with lotus, s2000 etc, can we use standard cars? Is it mandatory to but aero kits on premium cars, thx

Welcome @aerolite to the GT1 championship.

We are the TUNING SERIES wing of SNAIL! Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL [GT1 Championship] series:
Step 1:Learn and follow The Good Racecraft Guide and SNAIL OLR.
Step 2: Send a Friend Request to @Jakedog23 on PSN and wait for an invite to the club.
Step 3: Purchase the car you will be racing for the current season we are in.
Step 3: Get an oil change for the cars and match the specs for the division you are in.
Step 4: tune your car!

Remember this is a TUNING series and have fun!

Get Jake that FR and he will get you your invite (if he don't get back to you we'll run a public lobby so that you can get in)
Yes those are the major requirements bring a car to the club lobby and I can help you with anything else you may want.

And how was Europe
Looking forward to these lower powered cars, won't make tonight but will definitely make effort the nxt 3 weeks, is there a decision on tires sm/ss, also I hope guys don't do aggressive detuning, think torque does not change so it would give cars a big advantage . Like I saw earlier a mclaren would look weird on track with lotus, s2000 etc, can we use standard cars? Is it mandatory to but aero kits on premium cars, thx

Tires will be SM for a minimum of 6 laps with a compound change mandatory.
I also hope no agressive detuning I'll kick them off everyone should know the spirit of what I'm going for.
You can use any production road car you want standard or premium.
No aero kits are not a requirement

So it's SM and SS?

Getting on Mid-field to practice.

No Sir - practicing for GT-1 tonight

@Die_Birdy_Die do you have full access to all of the GT1 Documents in Google? And I will get those FR's when I get the chance and send that club invite to Penguin and aero

Welcome @aerolite to the GT1 championship.

We are the TUNING SERIES wing of SNAIL! Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL [GT1 Championship] series:
Step 1:Learn and follow The Good Racecraft Guide and SNAIL OLR.
Step 2: Send a Friend Request to @Jakedog23 on PSN and wait for an invite to the club.
Step 3: Purchase the car you will be racing for the current season we are in.
Step 3: Get an oil change for the cars and match the specs for the division you are in.
Step 4: tune your car!

Remember this is a TUNING series and have fun!

Get Jake that FR and he will get you your invite (if he don't get back to you we'll run a public lobby so that you can get in)
Yes those are the major requirements bring a car to the club lobby and I can help you with anything else you may want.

And how was Europe

Tires will be SM for a minimum of 6 laps with a compound change mandatory.
I also hope no agressive detuning I'll kick them off everyone should know the spirit of what I'm going for.
You can use any production road car you want standard or premium.
No aero kits are not a requirement

FR sent to you and Jake

So are most here going to be picking a car that will have the hp right near 350. Penguin mentioned the Lotus Elise, but it starts out with hp around 220, I doubt it could be tuned to produce any more than 300? I love this car so it could be a good possibility for me. I really don't know what to do with the tuning aspect but I'm going to have to learn. I know how to go in and do it so at this point I guess I just start adding mods to power settings to get hp up and then play around with suspension.

Once we pick our car, is that what we stay with for the season? Am I ok to stay with my yellow and #55?

Europe was great. Spent a week in the UK visiting with family (all my family is there), and then two weeks at a friends farm in France, living like the locals. Ate and drank to excess!

I am picking the Suburu BRZ S '12. Body color GT6 Chrome 007. Rim color Merlot Red. #20

Installed a flat floor. For the Rear Wing, i installed the Type B special wing.

To get the car down to 1,030 KG, had to install Stage 3 weight reduction, Carbon Hood (Body Color), Window Weight Reduction. To get it too 350HP, installed Stage 3 Engine Tuning, Sports computer, Racing Exhaust, Catalytic Sports Converter, Low RPM Range Turbo Kit.

FR sent to you and Jake

So are most here going to be picking a car that will have the hp right near 350. Penguin mentioned the Lotus Elise, but it starts out with hp around 220, I doubt it could be tuned to produce any more than 300? I love this car so it could be a good possibility for me. I really don't know what to do with the tuning aspect but I'm going to have to learn. I know how to go in and do it so at this point I guess I just start adding mods to power settings to get hp up and then play around with suspension.

Once we pick our car, is that what we stay with for the season? Am I ok to stay with my yellow and #55?

Europe was great. Spent a week in the UK visiting with family (all my family is there), and then two weeks at a friends farm in France, living like the locals. Ate and drank to excess!
The lotus can be tuned to 350 but it is a twitchy car might take some extensive tuning to get it to handle (I would refer to jake for a tune for it I've never gotten it to handle well)

Your body and number can be what ever you want. I would however ask that you stick with a continuous colour scheme through out the season so that people know who they are racing against.

Normally I would say yes you have to stick with your car through the entire season, but because you are new to tuning and the series I will make an exception to you picking a new car for the next 2 races. Especially if you bring out the lotus.
I am picking the Suburu BRZ S '12. Body color GT6 Chrome 007. Rim color Merlot Red. #20

Installed a flat floor. For the Rear Wing, i installed the Type B special wing.

To get the car down to 1,030 KG, had to install Stage 3 weight reduction, Carbon Hood (Body Color), Window Weight Reduction. To get it too 350HP, installed Stage 3 Engine Tuning, Sports computer, Racing Exhaust, Catalytic Sports Converter, Low RPM Range Turbo Kit.
Flat floor that's interesting I'm running with out it. Also hurrah we are running sister cars now we need the frs and we'll have triplets :)

FR sent to you and Jake

Depending on the Lotus Elise I have a tune for the '11 and 111R one.

Access has been given bird. Aero I am updating my game:D And will get you a tune for my Elise(s) if you would like, plus club invite will be sent here shortly

So anyone testing for tonight I'm getting average laps in the 14's (Which is why the series 1 was banned it was 13's)

So anyone testing for tonight I'm getting average laps in the 14's (Which is why the series 1 was banned it was 13's)
Wow, the Elise I've set up is 336 hp and 1030kg and I've been averaging 27's! (on SS) . I had to add 58 kg ballast to get to the weight.
Maybe I should find a different car closer to 350 hp but weighs more and just put it on a diet, does that make sense?

Last edited:
Wow, the Elise I've set up is 336 hp and 1030kg and I've been averaging 27's! (on SS) . I had to add 58 kg ballast to get to the weight.
Maybe I should find a different car closer to 350 hp but weighs more and just put it on a diet, does that make sense?
Damn which one are you testing? I was playing with the '11 and was no where near that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back