◆ SNAIL [Pack] Racing - Boost Racing - Where the excitement never ends!

United States
Fort Worth/Texas
RacingChamp30
image.jpg

*The Main Goal*

Overall intent of this series is to have fun while driving and driving online like anyone would in real life. I want feedback from all drivers involved on which tracks we can run per week and i intend to help this series be always fun. No points are involved. Just the thing that is encouraged is that each driver respect each other on the track, of course very close racing, but without all the beating and banging. It's like going on a road trip with friends! :cheers: 👍 I want to thank @Nail-27 for coming to me and asking me to become series director and i intend to help this series be very long running. Have fun and respect each other on track. Thank you to @GTP_Gravitron for handing the keys to me for this series. Thank you to everyone that gave words of encouragement to pick me for series director.

*Notes*
Those of you who are Fast drivers need to leave your " fangs" at home. You are going to be mixing it up with drivers who may be having their first race with actual wheel to wheel exposure. Be careful... they will brake earlier, utilize different lines, and in general present you with different overtaking problems. Patience and caution are the word. Bide your time and do things according to the Golden Rule.

Not all four cars will be raced in a single night. However it is a good idea to show up Monday with the four cars in your garage. Another thing to note is that we like to keep things interesting, some things are subject to change from week to week... Sometimes even race to race! Prepare for the unexpected 👍

Room(s) open at 9:00PM EST/ 6:00PM PST *Green Flag drops at 9:30PM EST/ 6:30PM PST*; There is a lot of racing an want to get it done in a reasonable amount of time.

*The Cars*

gemasolar_1-jpg.415245

Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package) 89'

Max Power:123 HP
Weight:940 KG
Tires:Sports Hard

______________________________________________________________________________________

gemasolar-jpg.415244

Mazda Roadster Touring Car
Max Power:198 HP
Weight:795 KG
Tires:Sports Soft

______________________________________________________________________________________

gemasolar_2-jpg.415246

Renault Sport Clio R.S. '11
Max Power:209 HP
Weight:1240 KG
Tires:Sports Medium

gemasolar_3-jpg.415530

Subaru BRZ S '12/Scion FR-S '12/Toyota 86 GT '12
Max Power:192 HP
Weight:1230 KG
Tires: Sports Soft

*General Car Settings*
Oil change allowed
ABS setting of 1 allowed
Brake Balance adjustment is forbidden, but unenforceable... Make the right decision
No other tuning is allowed

*Hosts*
-RacingChamp30
-Adramike
-GTP_Nobby
-TBD (Backup)

*Race Settings*

Start : Grid Start with False Start Check
Grid Order: Fastest First
Boost: Weak
Penalty: None
Tire/Fuel Depletion: Normal
Grip Reduction: Real
Visible Damage: Off
Mechanical Damage: Off
Slipstream: Real
Driving Line: Available
ABS: Available ( set to 1)
Other Aids: Off
Tuning: Prohibited

*General Rules*
We expect all drivers to follow the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR) and pursue good racecraft at all times.

if you're not sure what good racecraft is, watch this video .

It can be summed up in one simple 'Golden Rule' of motorsports: It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver, meaning the car that is attempting to execute the pass, to make sure that the pass is made cleanly and incident free. If you don't agree with this rule or don't think it applies to you, please go elsewhere to race !

We also require you to run a number/number plate on your cars, along with differing colours from your competitors. Should two competitors run with the same colour, we will ask the driver who has most recently signed up to switch. You are allowed to change car/wheel colour from week to week, keeping in mind what colours were used before so as to not conflict with the other drivers paint schemes.This is not for photo ops, but to decipher who's who on track while in the heat of the battle.

*How to Sign up*

1. Post a request to join (do not PM me, just post your request on this thread)
2. Send a 'Friend Request' to @RacingChamp30 on the PS3 so i can invite you to the club.
3. Accept the Snail Monday Night Pack Racing club invite on GT6
4. Show up on Monday with the cars and a good attitude!
Club ID: 1053084

Thanks go out to @GGGMotorsport for the outlining of the thread, Also @Nail-27, @RobbiefromBC, @racingchamp30, @GTP_Nobby, @Adramike, and @joe_diben for the countless hours and plethora of flowing ideas.

Last edited:
Great racing tonight! :cheers: Adding in the moto chicane was a great idea too. Well done on getting this going @GTP_Vertigo and @Nail-27 and any helpers you have as well.

As I said in the room, it reminded me of this GSX-R race we did in GT5:

GTP WRS-Online : Event 75 : Extra Kink[y]! - February 13

...where you had to take the moto chicane on most laps but once per stint you got to skip it, and you could use that to get by someone who was holding you up, since there's almost no other way to pass here.

Good battles with almost everyone in the room and everyone drove really well. 👍

Last edited:
Per blueninja's recommendation, I would like to join. To make things straight, my priority of joining this is to improve race craft, and have fun. Winning is not important to me.

I'm afraid I might be late on Monday because I get home around 7 PM after work but sometimes later due to traffic. Not sure if this can creates problem.

Per blueninja's recommendation, I would like to join. To make things straight, my priority of joining this is to improve race craft, and have fun. Winning is not important to me.

I'm afraid I might be late on Monday because I get home around 7 PM after work but sometimes later due to traffic. Not sure if this can creates problem.
oh i need your email so i can send in the replays.
Already did 'em but thanks...you are the BU...keep doing them anyway...in case my old fingers screw up.

Edit: rusticfac15@gmail.com

Admins, sorry to repeat my question, on Monday, I usually go back home from work at 7 PM but sometimes late due to traffic, would this be an issue?

Admins, sorry to repeat my question, on Monday, I usually go back home from work at 7 PM but sometimes late due to traffic, would this be an issue?
Nope you can join the night at any time...you will start from the back in the next race unless you make qually.

Edit: anyone in room 1 last night can you give me a list of who was there besides
Gravitron
Vertigo
Robbie
Hydro
Patrick

Awesome racing.... You will love it.

Me and Oreo, I mean Aero, had a great battle going the whole second race.... Most fun I have had yet playing GT. Bugger just beat me out at the end. Another 100 feet and he was mine. Watching the replays, I noticed that I brake too soon on some corners, don't mean to, but the pedal has no feel, I guess a new spring is in order. Tip 'O the hat to the hosts, awesome job.
Some of my buddies laugh and say an old man like me should not be playing video games anymore, jeez, that's what keeps me young. Need an adrenaline rush, Gt, want to relax and enjoy flying around the world, FSX, when I'm in a bad mood I go kill a bunch of terrorists or bad guys, in a bunch of FPS games. I love my life.

Me and Oreo, I mean Aero, had a great battle going the whole second race.... Most fun I have had yet playing GT. Bugger just beat me out at the end. Another 100 feet and he was mine. Watching the replays, I noticed that I brake too soon on some corners, don't mean to, but the pedal has no feel, I guess a new spring is in order. Tip 'O the hat to the hosts, awesome job.
Some of my buddies laugh and say an old man like me should not be playing video games anymore, jeez, that's what keeps me young. Need an adrenaline rush, Gt, want to relax and enjoy flying around the world, FSX, when I'm in a bad mood I go kill a bunch of terrorists or bad guys, in a bunch of FPS games. I love my life.
im watching that replay now, aero is trying his hardest to catch me. it was for sure tons of fun

I'm really glad that everyone who commented enjoyed themselves on Monday night. I myself enjoyed the racing immensely. I was a little unsure if I would like having boos on but to my delight it worked incredibly well! I had some great battles with @BayouSimDrifter and @Nail-27. Reminded me of the good old days in D7. In fact, I think that was some of the best racing I have had since those days.

Don't forget we will officially start next Monday October 6th. I hope to see all of you there.

Big thanks to @Nail-27 and @GTP_Vertigo for all of their hard work. It definitely payed off.

I'm really glad that everyone who commented enjoyed themselves on Monday night. I myself enjoyed the racing immensely. I was a little unsure if I would like having boos on but to my delight it worked incredibly well! I had some great battles with @BayouSimDrifter and @Nail-27. Reminded me of the good old days in D7. In fact, I think that was some of the best racing I have had since those days.

Don't forget we will officially start next Monday October 6th. I hope to see all of you there.

Big thanks to @Nail-27 and @GTP_Vertigo for all of their hard work. It definitely payed off.
EXACTLY like D7 except..... AliengamerX was not there to spoil our party.....great racing....

I was so green that I did not even know we kept score. You popped my balloon on the final Sunday of the month when you said, before the start of the first race, that I needed to out score someone by a point to finish in third place behind you and Alien...to which I responded.... HUH ! Then you proceeded to have the night from hell and I ended up second and WENT TO THE ROC in my FIRST month. Boy was I scared.

Last edited:
Somebody asked what our policy was going to be as far as enforcing over aggressive driving, dive bombing and anything detrimental to having a fun time pack racing. It really is VERY simple. The room Stewards and Room hosts can sit the aggressive persons down on the spot for a race, a week, a month, or forever. It is not a democracy and we WILL respond on the spot to try and keep things close and fun with NO PRESSURE. To that end if someone is riding your bumper and they are making you nervous do not be reluctant to tell them to pass...we keep score only for fun.

Drivers room assignments have been posted. These will be the rooms you report too for Monday night racing for the first season.
Go to page one in the op on page one of this thread and click on the drivers link.

Or click the link below...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Zl6JykKh8Oc/pubhtml?gid=749271749&single=true

EDIT: I have said this MANY times but I will repeat this for the benefit of all racers...have fun, and in the process of that DO NOT drive aggressively as all divisions are represented in both rooms and therefore braking points, lines, and speeds will vary greatly.

EDIT: On race night we will announce track for the night on the Main SNAIL thread and a reminder to check here for room info. Know what room you will be in and who is hosting it. You DO NOT need a fr as the rooms will be open.

Last edited:
Back