◆ SNAIL [Pack] Racing - Boost Racing - Where the excitement never ends!

Tomorrow about 30 minutes before the room opens.

And the room will open at 9:45? Is that right?

Let me try again since its like the third line on the post.. Room opens at 9:30.. Quali starts 9:45..? Sorry Im not with it right now!! Long day!!

WOW.... I will just attempt to be logged on and waiting by 9:15.. if not I wait till the second 20min from back or wait till touring or none of the above?

LAST EDIT:
Room(s) open at 9:30pm EST/ 6:30pm PST, Qualifiers begins @ 9:45pm/6:45pm sharp!. There is a lot of racing an want to get it done in a reasonable amount of time

Last edited:
Had lots of fun tonight. Thank you to @joe_diben for your help letting me know which settings i had to put for both races. Lots of close racing tonight. Thank you for your patience in first time me hosting the Miata race. Thank you for the score keeper, replay uploader in the series.

Data's done... If anybody had the second race of the NA Special package saved, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could snap some pic of the results 👍 Replays can wait for tomorrow, Good racing room 2!

Ned, you asked for our thoughts after tonight, I still had fun as there was a lot of close racing but I had more fun last week. I like the way the rooms were divided last week better, D1-D4, D5-D8. Even with the boost there is still not much of a chance to ever race with the really fast guys and when they do mess up they still get by you in no time. Last week, all the drivers in the room seemed to be on a more level playing field.
Just my .02 worth.:cheers:

I got disconected in the last race but what an opportunity to see a truly epic battle for first between xrad, vertigo, and kgffy! I for one am thankful for the opportunity to race and learn from such talented drivers. As for the intent of the pack racing series, I think it is spot on. Where else can one go to race people with such diverse skill levels, all trying to race as clean as possible? Well done sirs, truly well done.

Ned, you asked for our thoughts after tonight, I still had fun as there was a lot of close racing but I had more fun last week. I like the way the rooms were divided last week better, D1-D4, D5-D8. Even with the boost there is still not much of a chance to ever race with the really fast guys and when they do mess up they still get by you in no time. Last week, all the drivers in the room seemed to be on a more level playing field.
Just my .02 worth.:cheers:
i second this

i second this

I third it then... lol Either way.. I could care less cause I have a blast every time..

One suggestion or thing I would do away with is pitting! Or do away with mandatory pitting? Not cause the get stuck problem but if it's like Laguna and that many laps, everyone has to pit so there is no real strategy but that's all I can come up with for a suggestions besides maybe trying it again like we did the first week? Thanks again.. and I'm down for whatever!!

I got disconected in the last race but what an opportunity to see a truly epic battle for first between xrad, vertigo, and kgffy! I for one am thankful for the opportunity to race and learn from such talented drivers. As for the intent of the pack racing series, I think it is spot on. Where else can one go to race people with such diverse skill levels, all trying to race as clean as possible? Well done sirs, truly well done.
i second this
I third it then... lol Either way.. I could care less cause I have a blast every time..

One suggestion or thing I would do away with is pitting! Or do away with mandatory pitting? Not cause the get stuck problem but if it's like Laguna and that many laps, everyone has to pit so there is no real strategy but that's all I can come up with for a suggestions besides maybe trying it again like we did the first week? Thanks again.. and I'm down for whatever!!
Well that may be a option, but not going to happen this season.

I figured.. I don't even know why you want our 2 pennies now? Play it out the way you guys put all this time into setting it up, make small tweaks and roll with it! Ideas and different approaches will come about naturally as the weeks go by! It's more than fine In my opinion! So I plead the fifth from hear on out! Tell me where to be 30 min. Before and hopefully I can show up and race!!! 👍

No worries, Ned asked for any thoughts or opinions so that was mine.
I know I'm never going to win against a D1 ect (doesn't bother me) and that's not the point of the series either. I enjoy trying to, as cleanly as possible, keep a faster driver behind me but sometimes they seem to be in such a hurry to get back up to the front that they forget what this series is about. If they are too aggressive then I just pull out of the way and say see ya as that's not doing much for my racecraft. You keep telling the faster guys to remember that us slower guys have different breaking points ect, but it seems to fall on deaf ears during the race.
The D5&6 drivers are still that much faster than us slower guys that we can still learn from them. I just found that last week I was in a close battle for much more of the race than last night because there were more people closer to my level, which in turn leads me to spend more time on working on my racecraft. Last night, within a few laps, the D1,2,ect guys were out front with no chance of me ever catching them, yes, the boost gets you close enough that you can see them ahead but that's about it. So in the end, we still have the upper div guys up front in their pack and the lower div guys together in their pack.
So my whole point to this, (with the rooms set up like last week), is that we could have a whole room pack racing together, with almost all having the chance to race in any position, instead of just being capable of racing half the field, and that, in the end, is why this series was started.
Please don't take this as anymore than my thoughts and suggestions, you guys have put alot of time into this, I appreciate it and I'm still having fun.
:cheers:

No worries, Ned asked for any thoughts or opinions so that was mine.
I know I'm never going to win against a D1 ect (doesn't bother me) and that's not the point of the series either. I enjoy trying to, as cleanly as possible, keep a faster driver behind me but sometimes they seem to be in such a hurry to get back up to the front that they forget what this series is about. If they are too aggressive then I just pull out of the way and say see ya as that's not doing much for my racecraft. You keep telling the faster guys to remember that us slower guys have different breaking points ect, but it seems to fall on deaf ears during the race.
The D5&6 drivers are still that much faster than us slower guys that we can still learn from them. I just found that last week I was in a close battle for much more of the race than last night because there were more people closer to my level, which in turn leads me to spend more time on working on my racecraft. Last night, within a few laps, the D1,2,ect guys were out front with no chance of me ever catching them, yes, the boost gets you close enough that you can see them ahead but that's about it. So in the end, we still have the upper div guys up front in their pack and the lower div guys together in their pack.
So my whole point to this, (with the rooms set up like last week), is that we could have a whole room pack racing together, with almost all having the chance to race in any position, instead of just being capable of racing half the field, and that, in the end, is why this series was started.
Please don't take this as anymore than my thoughts and suggestions, you guys have put alot of time into this, I appreciate it and I'm still having fun.
:cheers:

I feel the same in way. After looking thru the replays things will be said.. I had a blast tho being able to battle for 80minutes worth of racing..

I feel the same in way. After looking thru the replays things will be said.. I had a blast tho being able to battle for 80minutes worth of racing..
The reason we put the aggressive drivers...from all divisions into room two and the rest of us in one was to lessen the ,as you put it ,the "blowing by" that we all experience when racing. Trust me, I was very surprised, and mostly impressed with, the demeanor of the fast guys in the front pack last night, and I agree that occasionally they were not patient enough when overtaking. But, I want them there,because they know how to pass and run side by side...and every time they pass..you learn. I was not taken out by any guys in divisions above me...but I was taken out by equal or slower drivers who were writing checks with their egos that their talent couldn't cash.( credit to TOP GUN)

You DO NOT want to be in room 2, and at this time we do not want their aggressive driving in room 1... That may change with a general increase in situational awareness in our room. It is easier to slow down our aliens than bring in the more aggressive guys from D 3,4, and 5 .

We will fine tune and we will,from time to time switch drivers to the other room to balance the fields in both rooms, not by number but by compatibility.

We are currently reviewing all races and will let you know what the five of us decide. We will terminate pit stops until PD has demonstrated that it has re-fixed the tire glitch and the pit freeze. So we will run two TC races of shorter duration.

Edit: A very special shout out to the entire room 1 grid for delaying the start to let me get home and participate in our creations first night...you really have no idea how much that meant.

I was unable to make it last night due to a last minute obligation that came up. I hope everyone had a fun time with the racing.

The reason we put the aggressive drivers...from all divisions into room two and the rest of us in one was to lessen the ,as you put it ,the "blowing by" that we all experience when racing. Trust me, I was very surprised, and mostly impressed with, the demeanor of the fast guys in the front pack last night, and I agree that occasionally they were not patient enough when overtaking. But, I want them there,because they know how to pass and run side by side...and every time they pass..you learn. I was not taken out by any guys in divisions above me...but I was taken out by equal or slower drivers who were writing checks with their egos that their talent couldn't cash.( credit to TOP GUN)

You DO NOT want to be in room 2, and at this time we do not want their aggressive driving in room 1... That may change with a general increase in situational awareness in our room. It is easier to slow down our aliens than bring in the more aggressive guys from D 3,4, and 5 .

We will fine tune and we will,from time to time switch drivers to the other room to balance the fields in both rooms, not by number but by compatibility.

We are currently reviewing all races and will let you know what the five of us decide. We will terminate pit stops until PD has demonstrated that it has re-fixed the tire glitch and the pit freeze. So we will run two TC races of shorter duration.

Edit: A very special shout out to the entire room 1 grid for delaying the start to let me get home and participate in our creations first night...you really have no idea how much that meant.

So room 2 is the "aggressive room"? I'm not quite sure I understand this.

I was unable to make it last night due to a last minute obligation that came up. I hope everyone had a fun time with the racing.
So room 2 is the "aggressive room"? I'm not quite sure I understand this.

Not at all. Its just the term @Nail-27 uses because he is so passive. Both rooms are very similiar driving style wise. Thats what it turned out to be. Granted Room 2 needs more bodies.. Next week I will need a confirmation well before time to start to justify the needing of two rooms.

Room two is far from aggressive... and most of the higher division drivers aren't even what I'd call aggressive! We might seem aggressive because of the speed difference in the corners and how close we can run next to one another to get the optimum line through corner, but that's not being aggressive by any means.

Fyi

Full Definition of AGGRESSIVE
a : tending toward or exhibiting aggression <aggressivebehavior>

b : marked by combative readiness <an aggressive fighter>
a : marked by obtrusive energy

b : marked by driving forceful energy or initiative : enterprising <an aggressive salesman>
: strong or emphatic in effect or intent <aggressive colors><aggressive flavors>
: growing, developing, or spreading rapidly <aggressive bone tumors>
: more severe, intensive, or comprehensive than usual especially in dosage or extent <aggressive chemotherapy>

Back