◆ SNAIL [Race Car] Series - Finished - Thanks to everyone who raced during the past 12 seasons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@brntguy : great video, and most of all, great song! Thanks for introducing me to a new good band.:bowdown:

@GGGMotorsport : You should add that to OP!:)

Last edited:
14344842237_dfdf1f1a09_c.jpg

Knock-out Qualifying Lobby is now open - 1472-6118-4216-8212-7198

Eight positions are up for grabs in tonight's Knockout Qualifying session. Top 8 lap times from tonight's Knock-out qualifying will advance to the main event. As a reminder, top ten drivers please do not enter the lobby until knockout qualifying is complete at around 8:45 eastern. I will update the thread and lobby title once we are finished with qualifying.

Finally, you have less than an hour to sign up your team if you want to be included in the optional team championship.

Thanks​

@brntguy , nice promo man. When you get ready to do next season's, and if you want some more bodies on the track, I'd be down to help with that. Also, I'd like to put up for your consideration for future promo use, a little ditty by The Glitch Mob called "Can't Kill Us" or even "Fortune Days" or pretty much anything else they've put on tape, or disc, or whatever the cool kids are calling it these days.

Be along to qualify shortly.

Eight positions are up for grabs in tonight's Knockout Qualifying session. Top 8 lap times from tonight's Knock-out qualifying will advance to the main event. As a reminder, top ten drivers please do not enter the lobby until knockout qualifying is complete at around 8:45 eastern. I will update the thread and lobby title once we are finished with qualifying.

Finally, you have less than an hour to sign up your team if you want to be included in the optional team championship.

Thanks​

Getting out of work late heading home now.. should be on in 15 or 20 minutes.. PlayStation went whacko yesterday so I'm gonna see how it goes!!! I just need to be able to complete 1 lap and if it's fast enough then good if not sorry about my luck and try again next week.. If I have time obviously I will run more but I just need one to get in if its fast enough correct?

Getting out of work late heading home now.. should be on in 15 or 20 minutes.. PlayStation went whacko yesterday so I'm gonna see how it goes!!! I just need to be able to complete 1 lap and if it's fast enough then good if not sorry about my luck and try again next week.. If I have time obviously I will run more but I just need one to get in if its fast enough correct?
correct. even if its one complete timed lap, if its fast enough, your in the main event

Thanks​

Have to take the dogs for a quick walk. Should be back before 9.

Thanks everyone for coming out tonight. We had 16 racers in the first race and 15 in the second race with I think was only 1 disconnect! Thanks everyone for following the process tonight. Aside from a slight hick-up at the start of race 1, it went smoothly.

I'll have the post race report up tomorrow sometime. Have a good night

Thanks everyone for coming out tonight. We had 16 racers in the first race and 15 in the second race with I think was only 1 disconnect! Thanks everyone for following the process tonight. Aside from a slight hick-up at the start of race 1, it went smoothly.

I'll have the post race report up tomorrow sometime. Have a good night

Thank you Grim.. You have done a hell of a job.. Had a blast.. Thanks for your hard work and time put into this!!
Cheers..
:cheers:

Great racing with you guys. I did not see a single incident but I did see 80 minutes of crazy-close and fun racing. I'm sure I'm out of the top 10 and will be on the track bright & early for next week's knock-out qualifying.

Also, apologies for my hasty retreat, it was dog-driven. My profile pic, Humphrey, wanted to go out right as the second race started (seriously, during the false start check). He "nosed" me for a few minutes at a time throughout the race, and was starting to whine on the last lap.

If anyone wants to post some pics and be the series official photographer :cheers:, that would be great. I would do it but I suck at taking pics!

Nissan Silvia on Suzuka!

Race #1
(TEAMworkPLEASE) starts in 7th. He immediately goes into 6th after (dragonwhisky) having a rough start on the line and follows (Wardenclyffe) around the first lap up to the last S corner. (Parcells2) goes in deep and gets sideways letting go of 5th place. On Lap 3 (Wardenclyffe) also goes in deep on the last S corner and barely lets go of 4th place. On lap 5 (JWalker_SSR7) gets loose on the sweeper before heading to the bridge and (TEAMworkPLEASE) over takes on the outside only to barely sqeeze by exiting the bridge placing 3rd. On lap 5 it all starts to go wrong when (TEAMworkPLEASE) brakes late leaving rubber and smoke on the outisde of the sweeper half way through Suzuka giving (JWalker_SSR7) & (dragonwhisky) their respective positions back. (CouchMK21) follows (TEAMworkPLEASE) on lap 6 to pass (GrimGrnninGhost) at the same time exiting the bridge. On lap 7 (TEAMworkPLEASE) gains 3rd position following (dragonwhisky) around (JWalker_SSR7) who gets wide sliding off the course right before entering the bridge. On lap 8 (TEAMworkPLEASE) takes the lead as (erazer13) & (dragonwhisky) enter the pits. On lap 9 (erazer13) catches (TEAMworkPLEASE) gaining 1st place back again and holding it for the remainder of the race. (TEAMworkPLEASE) < like a MORON stays on course on lap 10 not getting any fuel and running out before even entering the last straight. HA HA < idiOT! lol So from being 1st place he LOSES 7 POSITIONS before entering the pits. After a tough battle trying to get all the positions back that he had lost inside the pits his race ends making him finish in 10th position.

Race #2
(DCschWinn) has a rough start as the herd takes advantage gaining positions! (TEAMworkPLEASE) starts 6th and gains 5th. (TEAMworkPLEASE) brakes late on the inside of (SkiwiNV) on the first lap on the last S corner. < This makes it 3 wide going into the last S corner and splitting only seconds between the next 3 drivers across the finish line. (SkiwiNV) & (TEAMworkPLEASE) overtake (JakeDog23) after the bridge obtaining positions 3 & 4 respectively. (TEAMworkPLEASE) pushes hard past (SkiwiNV) to take 3rd place on lap 2 just before the finish line. (hognhominy) overtakes (TEAMworkPLEASE) going into the first corner on lap 7 easily taking 2nd position. (TEAMworkPLEASE) brakes late again on the sweeper halfway through Suzuka giving up 2 positions to (erazer13) & (JWalker_SSR7) but (JWalker_SSR7) pits and (TEAMworkPLEASE) remains in 3rd position. Cutting the race in HALF (Zii1993),(erazer13),(TEAMworkPLEASE),(GrimGrnninGhost),(DoublePass),(Parcells2) all pit on lap 10 to finish the rest of the race! < this was a very proud moment and very good picture as all the pit crews hail hitler as they raise their hands above their heads! LOL After racing alone for some time (TEAMworkPLEASE) finally finishes 5th in the beginning of the 2nd season!

Overall I'm completely happy with just finishing within the allotted time given. I really do enjoy these 40 minute races!

go6
... idiOT! lol So from being 1st place he LOSES 7 POSITIONS before entering the pits.
While I feel for your stupidity and can certainly relate I have to call “Rookie” here on the dropping only 7 positions comments…when Parcells went deep into the final chicane (on lap one for Christ sake, what was I thinking??? – DOH!!!) I found myself sitting sideways on the kerb so I had to just sit there and watch the entire field pass me by LOSING 10 POSITIONS dropping to 15th. So be it, had a blast working my way back into 6th which I was very content with considering the lap one stupidity.

@coach – Fanastic battle in race one, we were fighting each other and our deteriorating tyres it was great fun. Thought I may have had you a couple times but the pressure always got to me. However it was very embarrassing on both our parts when you went wide on turn 1 and then I do what comes so easyily and follow the guy your battling right off the track with him, that was probably more dumb than my lap 1 antics, ho hum.

@DblPass – Indeed a good battle with you , me and Grimm in the mix but every time I caught up to you guys I proceeded make a minor error creating minor separation and was never able to sustain constant pressure on you guys but you two certainly kept things tight…next time buddy boy you’re bantha fodder.

@eraser – Man you’re fast, must be boring racing all by yourself out in front like that eh? Just like Coach did in race 1 I let you pass me quite easily cause we were both battling deteriorating tyres so made no sense to lose time trying to keep you at bay. But in the second race I wasn’t as cooperative and had a blast holding you off for the best part of a lap which made me feel kind of good about myself. And I must point out that the game’s penalty system screwed you over when you went to pass me heading into the spoon curve…you were coming up on the inside of me, I knew you were there (and faster than me) so I stayed wide, we went basically side by side into the turn and the next thing I know your cars starts ghosting…it was a clean pass, game screwed you!

@everyone – please assume Parcells enjoys all these races (which I have) but don’t expect me to join in many chats. Parcells is old and sometimes grumpy and absolutely hate’s typing using my wheel and don’t have one of those fancy pants typing apparatuses the young kids have today so I’m kind of purposely not joining in but have this awesome excuse as to why one might judge Parcells as an outcast. LOL

@Parcells2 : Yeah, this series was probably not for me, however, the 2'nd race was tough even for me, I was lucky I managed the fuel to last half distance, and a 2 stopper would have put me back in the field, forcing me to battle even more cars. with a field of 15 cars, its hard to get out on top when you start dead last, even if you can be 2 seconds faster per lap.
Thanks for your view on the pass attempt in spoon, and I'm glad you see it that way, because to be fair, I didn't leave a lot of room on the outside, assuming you still were there, which as I know now, you where not:)

On another note, "erazer13" is my psn id, @eraser is not me and has not been seen since 2005.
The one you refer to as coach is actually @KTR5 , and DblPass is actually known as @DMacs13 around here.;)
@everyone did not participate.:P

Last edited:
Parcells might be grumpy and lazy, but he has the redeeming quality of being eccentrically funny.

What do you call someone who has more than one of those fancy pants typing apparatuses, but who has not been considered one of the "young kids" in many a year?

Oh and @Parcells2 , was that thing you typed all of that earlier post on an Underwood or maybe a Smith Corona. I may still have one of the latter. If it wasn't, and it's one of those new typing apparatuses you can plug into a newfangled computer, with one of them dastardly USB plugs, and is anywhere close to your PS3, you could just unplug it from the former and plug it into the latter. Oh, wait, you did say you were lazy. Nevermind. ;):D

14730665961_15b437ce8a_c.jpg

Last night was the first race of Season 2 as the series headed to Suzuka Circuit. Season 2 marked the first time the series used the new Knockout Qualifying procedure and with 8 spots up for grabs, all 8 drivers competing in the knock-out qualifying moved on to the main event. Qualifying for the main event went mostly as expected as @et_ out classed the field with a blistering time that left no doubt he was going to be the man to beat! Race one saw @et_ taking the victory with @JWalker taking silver with @Dragonwhisky taking bronze. Even though the field was inverted for race 2,@et_ and @JWalker moved through the field to take 1st and 2nd with @Zii1993 rounding out the top 3. @hognhominy came home with two solid 4th place finishes just missing the podium however produces a great points paying night on the track.

All in all, the season is off to a great start and things seemed to proceed smoothly with the new knockout qualifying procedure and only 1 disconnect. Although we would all like zero disconnects, considering we are running full lobbies in 2 40 min races, that's not bad.

Next week the series heads to Tsukuba Circuit in what is going to be a very tight track for racing. Once again, knockout qualifying will start @ 8:00pm eastern with the potential of only having 5 spots available as the top 10 and the most recent series champion are potentially locked into the field.

Thanks everyone for some great racing last night.​

Unofficial Results

Knockout Qualification Results

14547212749_6f579a3e43_m.jpg

Main Event Qualification Results

14733915175_0535b642d8_n.jpg

Race 1 Results

14710885126_016b757912.jpg

Race 2 Results

14547440967_e9decc9a26.jpg

Current Individual Standings

14730667121_935edaa243_b.jpg

Current Team Standings

14753699413_2d993b6daf_b.jpg

Current All Star Race Entries

14730667871_7effbb4a24_b.jpg

See you all next week at Tsukuba Circuit!

Last edited:
I want to point out that I managed a 2:06.0 (or was it 06.2... meh.) in race 1. I think that is actually a really, really good time:)

Anyway, I dont think I'll be racing next week.

et_
I want to point out that I managed a 2:06.0 (or was it 06.2... meh.) in race 1. I think that is actually a really, really good time:)

Nice lap! I had not looked at lap times yet for the race but that is quick!

et_

That's a heck of a time! I was only able to pull 2:09's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back