◆ SNAIL [Race Car] Series - Finished - Thanks to everyone who raced during the past 12 seasons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is going to be great, i especially like the two car team thing with points standings as well. To all the teams, please have the same colors (too cool lol) of course its not required as grim said, but i think he should change that :P

Grim - I'd like to join this as well #88 if possible.

Cheers,

SkiwiNV
Hey Skiwi - I have a PM out to @Adventuruss to see if he is still interested as he would be the 16th confirmed driver. That said, worst case you would be first alternate so still plan on showing up on Wed

Thanks everyone for the great interest in the series and Im happy to announce we have a full grid of drivers for Wed Nights Race.

To anyone else who is interested, we are accepting "Reserve / Alternates" for the series

Per the rules

• Top 16 drivers in points are guaranteed starting spots on the grid for the following weeks races (must be in lobby by 8:55pm EDT).
  • Remaining open grid positions will be filled by alternates (based on current point standings).
So based on this info, if if your a Reserve/Alternate for the first week, there is always a chance someone will not be able to make it on any given week

@ParkerMO125 - I would love to see team cars in the same color if possible.

@turnupdaheat - Are you OK with running Imola Orange?

Rule Update - Since the Torque Split can be adjusted while still being stock and really cant be enforced, we will allow it to be adjusted when the series uses 4WD cars

Last edited:
Grim, its unfortunate, but im gonna have to withdraw from this league until further notice...my boss said i have to deliver the cars we work on back to the car lots on WEDNESDAYS....IM TRYING TO GET THAT CHANGED!!!

I haven't had a chance to get in a lobby with anyone else. I'm curious to know what range the lap times have been in? I forgot to change my oil before doing some laps this morning and was in the low 1:29's.

Also @GGGMotorsport, there are 3 spots where I have a question on where we can and can't go. The two left hand turns where there is the yellow paint. I assumed the yellow is off track. Also, heading into the small chicane prior to the finish, keep two wheels inside the white line prior to the first left? Thanks for clarifying.

I haven't had a chance to get in a lobby with anyone else. I'm curious to know what range the lap times have been in? I forgot to change my oil before doing some laps this morning and was in the low 1:29's.

Also @GGGMotorsport, there are 3 spots where I have a question on where we can and can't go. The two left hand turns where there is the yellow paint. I assumed the yellow is off track. Also, heading into the small chicane prior to the finish, keep two wheels inside the white line prior to the first left? Thanks for clarifying.
the yellows are considered track, grim gave the okay. Reason being the dark driving line goes through them. Last night had a vary of laps from 25's to 28's from the people in there

the yellows are considered track, grim gave the okay. Reason being the dark driving line goes through them. Last night had a vary of laps from 25's to 28's from the people in there

Thanks. I guess running the yellow parts would result in a much faster lap (and having an oil change). Thanks for the heads up.

For this track (

As Parker stated, the yellow portions in the two turns are ok as is the outer portion on the straight before the chicane leading up to the start/finish line. Pretty much all pavement on this track is legal (except the inside curb in the tunnel). As for the other corners , you must keep 2 wheels in contact with the racing surface and the painted curbs are part of the racing surface (for this track).

Sorry for missing practice yesterday. I have a prize pick upcoming and was spending time looking at those things in advance of it so that when the time comes I'll make a selection and then we can get on with Spec practice this week.
If another practice takes place today I'll be there. Very important because we need to see how my connection communicates with the others in this group, especially now that it's filled up.

Has anyone done a full 40 min practice stint? I managed to put in a couple of 7-10 minute runs last night and front tyre wear seemed very heavy. I'm wondering what they're going to be like after the minimum 20 minutes we'll be racing on each set. :scared:

Has anyone done a full 40 min practice stint? I managed to put in a couple of 7-10 minute runs last night and front tyre wear seemed very heavy. I'm wondering what they're going to be like after the minimum 20 minutes we'll be racing on each set. :scared:
no sir, 2 stopper for me, its quicker overall

RACE DAY!!!!!!!

As KTR5 stated
Plan accordingly. The latest update, 1.09, took me just over 30 minutes to download and install.
Please make sure you give yourself enough time to get the update installed before tonights race.

I also received some good news in that my replacement wheel has been shipped! Sadly it wont be here until tomorrow :(

As for tonight's race, I know of two other drivers that will not be able to make the starting grid tonight but should still have a great field for tonight's race.

I will open the room up at 8:30 Eastern (perhaps sooner).

As a reminder, you can still put a team together up until the drop of the green flag to earn team points towards the team championships and is another chance to earn a spot in the end of season All Star Race. Those not part of snail will be able to form a team starting next season.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing you on the track.

PS - there is a good chance for a promo video to be created from this race so please have your car numbers added. Thanks

sorry guys. Last game of t-ball is tonight, normally 630central, its 730 tonight. Should be home in time for the 2nd race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back