◆ SNAIL [Race Car] Series - Finished - Thanks to everyone who raced during the past 12 seasons!

Discussion in 'SNAIL Archives' started by GGGMotorsport, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GGGMotorsport

GGGMotorsport

After giving it some thought, I will be on the starting grid for tonights race using a controller! :scared: If Im too much of a disaster on the track, I will back out of the race to ensure I don't interfere with you guys

turnupdaheat and KTR5 like this.
  2. mlbguy4life

mlbguy4life

Grim, I will make tonights race, I got somebody to fill in the deliveries for me. EDIT: If there is room on the grid.

GGGMotorsport and Jakedog23 like this.
  3. GGGMotorsport

GGGMotorsport

We did have someone new join however I know of at least one other person who will not make it so no worries. Glad you could race

On a side note, I will open the lobby early as I will need some laps to get used to the controller

4. mlbguy4life

mlbguy4life

What time?

5. GGGMotorsport

GGGMotorsport

8:00 eastern

6. ParkerMO125

ParkerMO125

be sure to mess with the controler sensitivity settings.

As i said earlier, t ball is at 730central, 45min game, then about a 25min drive home. Ill be cutting it close for race 2. Pretty please take a 15min break instead of the 10? :p

GGGMotorsport likes this.
  7. mlbguy4life

mlbguy4life

If any of you try to get on the track and it says "tuning prohibited" go to the car settings and set everything back to default, its been happening to me all day, and none of my cars have ever been tuned. It even happened to me with a brand new car that had never been driven.

8. Zii1993

Zii1993

I thought 8pm eastern time was 7pm central....:confused:

9. mlbguy4life

mlbguy4life

It is. Grim said he was going to open the room early for extra practice. Room opens at 8pm eastern, race starts at 9pm eastern

10. GGGMotorsport

GGGMotorsport

Practice lobby is now open!

11. BayouSimDrifter

BayouSimDrifter

on my way now

12. Jakedog23

Jakedog23

13. Jakedog23

Jakedog23

Well that inaugural race bummed me out. First race tv turned off. And race 2 I got dc'd

14. JWalker

JWalker

Got disco'd too :(. But looking forward to next races. Love this wtcc like format :tup:

KTR5, GGGMotorsport and Jakedog23 like this.
  15. BayouSimDrifter

BayouSimDrifter

it was fun. first time doing endurance type races. had to leave roommate needed my help. i look forward to the next one

16. ParkerMO125

ParkerMO125

sorry guys they had pizza for the kids after the game

17. Zii1993

Zii1993

i got disco'ed after race does it count?

18. GGGMotorsport

GGGMotorsport

Do you remember who you finished behind?

19. Zii1993

Zii1993

i was third in front of warden and behind eitherr danger or russ

20. GGGMotorsport

GGGMotorsport

Thanks to those that made it out for the inaugural race of the series. 15 drivers in the first race and 13 for the second. Had a few issues in the second race with the servers but we made it through with minimal issues. Congrats to @Adventuruss on the clean sweep.

I'll have the post race recap posted tomorrow. Again, thanks everyone. Had a blast

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
    BayouSimDrifter, mlbguy4life and KTR5 like this.
  21. mlbguy4life

mlbguy4life

Had fun

22. Wardenclyffe

Wardenclyffe Premium

I was coming here to plead your case for 3rd in the second race; glad to see you'll get the credit. Disco'd on the last turn!

23. Zii1993

Zii1993

great racing guys!!! :cheers: I can't wait till next week.

24. turnupdaheat

turnupdaheat

Yeah, that was great fun last night and nice to run in such a large field of quality drivers. I was looking good for consecutive 3rd place finishes but for a slight fueling problem with my second pitstop which led me to run out of gas within smelling distance of the finish line. :(

I had stern words with my crew chief after the race and he assures me it won't happen again! :)

GGGMotorsport and KTR5 like this.
  25. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

I had a similar issue in the 1st race. I ran out coming down toward the final chicane, but luckily, @Adventuruss lapped me coming through the 2nd tunnel and ended my race a lap early. Only lost 1 spot to @mlbguy4life.

I really like the set up @GGGMotorsport. This should be a really fun series.

As a side note, I ran about 10 laps with this same car at Daytona Road Course (for Sunday night) and tire wear was no where near as bad. Obviously, Trail Mountain has way more turns, but the elevation changes drastically change the tire load too.

turnupdaheat and GGGMotorsport like this.
  26. GGGMotorsport

GGGMotorsport

The team was off to a shaky start to the season. You with pit stop problems and me having mechanical issues with the steering really put us behind a bit. I also talked to the team general manager last night and he assured me the next race will be better for both of us.

turnupdaheat and KTR5 like this.
  27. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

You're not the only one with pit stop and general manager woes. Me with the pit stop and @JWalker's connection was cut off in race 2 after our GM forgot to pay his insurance bill. We'll pass this off as first race glitches and hope all our teams get their acts together.

JWalker likes this.
  28. Wardenclyffe

Wardenclyffe Premium

I was wondering how you gained 3 seconds on me in the pits; it was so disappointing to have your car beam in front of me right at pit exit, after I thought I had kept the lead I had on you.

Unrelated, I believe I will be able to fully participate in this series (not just the first race of the night only). My math wasn't correct; I was thinking it would run way later than it did.

turnupdaheat and GGGMotorsport like this.
  29. GGGMotorsport

GGGMotorsport

Glad to hear that. We had a few issues last night so hopefully it will go smoother next week.

That said, starting next week, it will be vital that everyone arrive in the room by 8:55 eastern especially if you are in the top 16 in points otherwise you run the risk of missing out on the race. Remember, only the top 16 in points are guaranteed to race unless they arrive after 8:55 eastern. Anyone in the top 16 in points that is not in the lobby by 8:55 eastern will forfeit their spot on the grid to the alternates that are wanting to race.

Additionally, we need to start on time so once the qualification is started, we will no longer restart the process for late arrivals. I made an exception last night (due to the large gt6 update) however I need to draw the line so that we can can finish at a reasonable time each week. Thanks for your understanding.

mlbguy4life, KTR5 and turnupdaheat like this.
  30. joe_diben

joe_diben

Sorry I could not make the race last night, real life stuff got in the way last minute. Hopefully nothing happens next week, looks like a fun series!

GGGMotorsport and KTR5 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.