◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,842 comments
Well guys as I'm sure you saw I choked. I'm going to get to the finals no matter what!!! I'm going to get a group together for the time trial to network and help each other get in. If you're interested let me know.

Thanks for all the support. Sorry to have let you down. Btw I'm wearing my snail shirt around the convention. SNAIL FOR LIFE!!!!

Chris, I said this to you privately already, but wanted to say publicly as well. You made us proud today! You didn't let us down in the least. It was fun seeing the league rally together for you. That was cool! :D

I'm interested, and I might be able to help out with sleds and space, although I'm down in the OC...

Bill, thanks for all the ways you help the league! We're really grateful. :bowdown: Also, thanks for this snazzy shot:

Two snails rep'n hard at GT Academy 2013 Racer X Competition

Chris, I said this to you privately already, but wanted to say publicly as well. You made us proud today! You didn't let us down in the least. It was fun seeing the league rally together for you. That was cool! :D

Werd 👍

Bill, thanks for all the ways you help the league! We're really grateful. :bowdown: Also, thanks for this snazzy shot:

Two snails rep'n hard at GT Academy 2013 Racer X Competition

How cool is that, I'm grinning from ear to ear right now! Thanks guys!

Our own leaderboard with lap/sector times here on a google docs would be cool... If someone got a killer sector, maybe he can give some tips for that section...?

I like it. For those not able to go to the snail house that's a great idea

I can help out here it you'd like, more than willing to chip in for the cause :)

I'm interested but can't come to LA, maybe someone could host a Skype call with everyone in it, or maybe in the google+ group

I Like The Skype Idea Too. Since I'll Be Busting My Ass, But Way Over In Pennsylvania. Or Talking On Speaker Phone Would Work. Either Way We Can All Help Eachother.

This is as good a time as any to resurface the Google+ community I started for SNAIL. Just PM me your Google+ e-mail address (if you have one, if you don't set one up) and I'll send you an invite. We can coordinate hang outs for GT Academy practices and share times etc.

Who's in the pic Zero?

Hill... well done buddy, i'm so proud of you. I couldn't do what you did, not even close.

Can someone tell me details about the event taking place tonight? I read some post diagonally and noticed lots of cars and few laps. I didn't work overtime today so i feel fresh and inspired by Hillracing therefore ready to smoke some escargots

I would like to join your league

Hi there nerf058,

Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. We assign you to the division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.
4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in a visitors message here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

How distracting was that beautiful blonde? WOW...:drool:

You're welcome, Goat (but really you should thank Bill since he's the one who snapped the photo). Be sure to hit 'Click to Enlarge' for maximum distraction. :lol:

I think he means the model for racer x. She was very distracting.

So that's why your eyes are glued to the ground with a smirk on your face! :sly:

I just thought of the best car track combo ever....

old Fiat 500 on kart space

I like the way you think! Check our my Round One pick for the races all the way back in November 13, 2011. :)

Of course that was before this thread went up.. Come to think of it, that was the last combo I had the opportunity to pick! :boggled:

I just think it'd be fun since the old 500 is just a bigger kart and is still slower than the beat I believe....
Thought about this combo while I was upgrading some of my standard cars

After messing around a little with it we would have to do 15 laps to be a good length race if everyone was getting 45-50 round the track

Last edited:
I just think it'd be fun since the old 500 is just a bigger kart and is still slower than the beat I believe....
Thought about this combo while I was upgrading some of my standard cars

After messing around a little with it we would have to do 15 laps to be a good length race if everyone was getting 45-50 round the track

Hey I'm always down to drive Fiats! After all, they're Small Naturally Aspirated Italian Lightweights! :lol:

I got my name b/c I loved the movie smokey and the bandit. Plus I never follow the speed limit. Then 0627 is my birthday June 27th.

My number 1 favorite movie! I watch it once a week and know every single line!

Alright guys so here's the idea: SNAIL GTA time trial boot camp. I hinted at my idea earlier but here it is. Anyone who is serious about making the finals getting together and working as a team to make it through the time trial. If you're in LA I'm planing on finding a location that has enough space to have multiple sleds set up and for however many weeks the time trial takes place we go there and work on getting faster as a group. If you're slow the others will help where they can and we give it our all to get everyone in the group in. Then we can work together at finals to make it to Silverstone. If you're interested let me know. Also if you have a house with a big room in the LA area and want to have this there let me know. I might be able to host or my parents might also depending on the number of people. If you aren't able to come to LA then as long as you're on the same game plan of helping and being helped the group will help through phone and emails.

Thoughts? Anyone interested?

I'm on the east coast like many others but would definitely be interested if we can work out the communication details.

Back