◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,880 comments
Never knew I was going to host a dirty room in snail.:ouch:
Yeah it was ugly tonight, but thanks for hosting.
Like I said that Red Bull track seems to promote bad driving...and I'm as guilty as the next guy
Hopefully we'll all get our s..t together next week!!!

Yeah it was ugly tonight, but thanks for hosting.
Like I said that Red Bull track seems to promote bad driving...and I'm as guilty as the next guy
Hopefully we'll all get our s..t together next week!!!
Ya I fall under that umbrella as well.

@JLBowler and the rest of the D2 crew.... My dog decided to "learn" how to use my logitech remote and created all sorts of havoc. Please put my vote down for combo #2.

Sorry about the lag everyone. Maybe we should try switching hosts for next week.
@JoeW you up for that?

I will be up for that...but not this coming sunday. I will be out of town on vacation. I'm good to host after that :)

Great racing D2! It was my first night racing in SNAIL and just wanted to say it was fun and seems like a good crowd. I've already reported my self twice (sorry JWalker and Jbowler) but I didn't save all the replays and I know I made contact with a few other racers.

This was my first night racing with snail. Most of the racing was excellent. There was one point that the racing was very close with about 6 cars all in very close proximity and everyone was very aware and was very clean. I think I had one bump that affected me but the other person backed off and gave back the position. So it was mostly great racing, I did have one very hard hit that took me out but it sounds like it was from a bad lag issue. I am definitely a little slower than some others in d1, while not seriously competing for first place I had some great action competing in mid to back of the pack. It was nice racing with you guys and I am looking forward to doing it again soon.

My internet provider was being silly again. This time, they're gonna hear about it...

Hello guys I'm interested in racing with you guys gamer tag is juicybeans916

@juicybeans916

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

We have no reports of full rooms so the hosts may start when ready.
FYI, D1 was full every time I tried joining the room. Reset everything, too. Only thing is the room reported 11/16 drivers. Also, I had to find dgafaboutany1420 (our host) by the track selection process, even though we could chat in the PSN as friends. And, my friends list only showed that he was in an OFF line state.

I propose a 'test room' be setup by the host and invite all dev members to test there connections when changing divisions, cause just being friends already ahead of the event isn't good enough. NO sure thing in the PSN.

X

D6 was good all night for me until Round 3 Race 1 where I was punted off. Race 2 of Round 3 was dirty as well

Last edited:
FYI, D1 was full every time I tried joining the room. Reset everything, too. Only thing is the room reported 11/16 drivers. Also, I had to find dgafaboutany1420 (our host) by the track selection process, even though we could chat in the PSN as friends. And, my friends list only showed that he was in an OFF line state.

I propose a 'test room' be setup by the host and invite all dev members to test there connections when changing divisions, cause just being friends already ahead of the event isn't good enough. NO sure thing in the PSN.

X
D5 had an open room last night due to a VERY last minute change of host...his first time too. All went very well with all doing well with,I believe, no DCs. We had a couple of laggers but that mostly cleared up with their clearing their cache between races.

I renamed the Jag..PIGWHALE...I could hear Alien choking with laughter in the ether.
Alien is now @Alienunleashed25 due to a TOTAL PS3 meltdown..I do believe he wore it out;). I can here the GRINDING from here...he lost everything..He will be up again tomorrow for ROC practice..the new name is rather appropriate eh what. :nervous:

I propose a 'test room' be setup by the host and invite all dev members to test there connections when changing divisions, cause
just being friends already ahead of the event isn't good enough. NO sure thing in the PSN.

X

This is normal. And has happened to you before...and explained before...I think.

If the host has already opened a Friends Only room...and gets your FR AFTER the room is up and running...then you will not be able to enter until the host and yourself both back out of the game to the XMB menu. This why you MUST read the posts and send your FR BEFORE the room is up. This is why you see all the posts of hosts saying "get your FR in before 9pm".

In order to let you race, Dgaf would have had to kick everyone out and remake the room. All because you didn't send your FR 30 mins earlier.

As Spock would say, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the One.

Back