◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,844 comments
TOYOTA 86 GRMN 2016 on SH tires @ Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit - 08:00 Clear (4 Laps)

VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE GR.3 on RH tires @ Alsace – Village II - 21:00 Clear (6 Laps)

I'm sure I've missed something somewhere.....AGAIN.......but is there a 3rd combo or ?

That is some nice steady improvement, I have a ways to go, its quite erratic, but improving. My issue is when I try to compete I get bumped a lot, when I try to stay out of the way I lose a lot of position. One of the things I don't understand is how they set the expectations for your DR in the race. There are several instances where I have entered a race, qualified eighth or ninth but the DR expectation for me on my car is third. So for me to gain DR during that race GT expects me to finish higher than third.

Last edited:
Since we'e doing stats and car show and tell, here is mine:
http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=1138839
And, my Shipley Energy/Flying Lizard Beetle:
5053680976244277276_0.jpg

The side features and content of GTS has itself proven to be quite a bit of fun.

The Samba Bus
The Spunner transport. It is a work in progress as there are a few elements missing (takes awhile to make the decals). Putting decals on the front is a little tricky because the 'Hood' also includes the roof. Found Align with Camera option to really help when dealing with the Hood. The decals were made in Inkscape, except for the flowers, mountains and clouds which were made in the livery editor.

FrontLefts3.jpg

RightRears3.jpg

:cheers:

Anyone around that want to run some Fuel/Tire testing sets at the 24hr Nurb?
Room number:
0474-6059-2440-5731-4372

Last edited:
Holy crap the transition from wheel to controller is not going well. My last race was terrible! A cronusmax is definitely in my near future. I just am not smooth at all with the stick.

Holy crap the transition from wheel to controller is not going well. My last race was terrible! A cronusmax is definitely in my near future. I just am not smooth at all with the stick.

The only settings on ds4 i found semi controllable were using stick to steer and opposite stick for accelerator and brake. Had to keep controller sensitivity at 0 or less because my thumbs are so heavy.

The only settings on ds4 i found semi controllable were using stick to steer and opposite stick for accelerator and brake. Had to keep controller sensitivity at 0 or less because my thumbs are so heavy.
I ham fist the whole lot. I tried using the right stick before for accel/brake but i always tend to move it left and right with my steering. Honestly though. Its steering that is my biggest issue. I may try putting in some time using the 6 axis stuff for steering. At the very least ill be able to smooth out my tendancy to tank slap.

My Beetle livery and car for tonight. Continuing to tweak the number plate but the Beetle version seems to be my favorite so far (but with the full GranTurismo logo which fits better). I like the bottom bar of the number plate to usually be the place for manufacturer representation but with the McLaren it's hard to find a spot to make URL link work so I put it there instead.
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20171229192406.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20171230130027.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20171230130638.jpg

For mission challenge 5-8, which car was the best to use on the Alsace 15 min endurance, the leader is going away really fast.

Edit: my mistake, it's 15 laps and i found a car easily beating the others. The Mitsubishi Lancer Evo final edition.

Last edited:
You have to buy power and reduce weight.... I think any car in that class will do the trick then.
Buy? I've yet to spend a single credit in the game. It's now become my mission to complete the entire career without spending any credits. I'm getting close too.

Buy? I've yet to spend a single credit in the game. It's now become my mission to complete the entire career without spending any credits. I'm getting close too.
You "buy" power using mileage exchange points so it's not using the same credits you would use to purchase a vehicle.

Excellent experience last night!!!

Had run several 60-min Sim races getting ready, and thought I had the Fuel & Tire strategy set. But last night, the first stint of both races required using the Fuel Mapping to conserve enough to get back to the Pit Box.

Of course I learned quickly that touching the "X button" during a pit stop not only stops fueling - but makes for a very, very long 50-mph lap to get back.

Had a great time in the 2nd race, which was run at night. What a beautifullighting emphasis on the Nurburgring Circuit. If you haven't driven The Nurb at night, then take a slow, sightseeing tour.
You will enjoy it.

Thanks, again, @Rednose58 for last night's very enjoyable event. Didn't matter - Win or Not, it was thoroughly entertaining.

Edit+ QuoteReply
Machinist and ScorpionTopaz like this.

So.. I did not make it into the Enduro Holiday New Year's Bash!

However, being a BSrs pays it dividends. I've been having a lot of fun on the GR3 Daily Races. Now that races are being group by DR / SR; I see a lot cleaner competition and a lot faster too. Most of the races I ran last night were BS ( B DR / S SR ratings).

I actually invited a few racers to check us out since they do know how to race and display good race craft all around. After multiple races; I finally achieve a 2nd place finish from 6th. And I am getting in the habit of going to the Livery / Photo Studio session to decompress from all the adrenaline.

I've updated my Bettle Livery

20171231115600 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

20171231115550 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

[img[url=https://flic.kr/p/21Y7vV3]20171231115500 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4638/38703688504_62ecbdf585_h.jpg[/img][/url]20171231115540 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

20171231115530 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

20171231115434 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Excellent experience last night!!!

Had run several 60-min Sim races getting ready, and thought I had the Fuel & Tire strategy set. But last night, the first stint of both races required using the Fuel Mapping to conserve enough to get back to the Pit Box.

Of course I learned quickly that touching the "X button" during a pit stop not only stops fueling - but makes for a very, very long 50-mph lap to get back.

Had a great time in the 2nd race, which was run at night. What a beautifullighting emphasis on the Nurburgring Circuit. If you haven't driven The Nurb at night, then take a slow, sightseeing tour.
You will enjoy it.

Thanks, again, @Rednose58 for last night's very enjoyable event. Didn't matter - Win or Not, it was thoroughly entertaining.

Edit+ QuoteReply
Machinist and ScorpionTopaz like this.

We learned a small detail.... I set the start fuel at 100 liters (thinking it is a full tank). Seems that most cars have a larger than 100 liter tank, therefore the indication in %. So, everybody experienced "higher" fuel usage, but in fact they started with less than a full tank. So, if you planned to do your first pit stop after two laps, you were ok, but if you tried to squeeze another lap or if you thought 4 laps... you were screwed. Anyway... sometimes things don't always go as planned... LOL

Back