◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,840 comments
I can agree with you to a point on this and that is more on what controller you use then the settings. I've found for me I have a real hard time finding all the speed with some wheels and with others it's easy. I think this would be different though for some people. For example I heard quite a few finalist say they couldn't get the most out of the T500. Some apparently were really fast with the DFGT and I think it's a paper weight. To me the thing is finding a wheel that translates what you do to the game the best for you. My frustration is from the pedals on the DFGT and that I can't effectively trail brake with them. I think it's a lot because I've learned on real cars first so trying to retrain my feet to work with pedals that are very unreal is a challenge. For someone who learned racing on GT5 and has no real life experience they could probably learn to be fast on any wheel because there's nothing to relearn. Anywho that's my .02.

I agree with the pedal statement completely. I had a really hard time with crappy wheels and pedals before I got the G25. I still struggled a little until I replaced the brake spring which made it feel much more realistic. I know that it's still not a whole lot like a real brake pedal, but it's much closer than a DFGT or the Microsoft wheel.

I left foot brake in the game. Since I usually use the paddle shifters when racing sundays, I dont need to use the clutch pedal, so I use the extra foot to do the braking. But in real life, I never use my left for braking. Not even in my legacy, which is auto. BTW, for all those auto haters. I'm right there with, until about 5pm on I96 between Novi and 23. Then auto is awesome!

I left foot brake in the game. Since I usually use the paddle shifters when racing sundays, I dont need to use the clutch pedal, so I use the extra foot to do the braking. But in real life, I never use my left for braking. Not even in my legacy, which is auto. BTW, for all those auto haters. I'm right there with, until about 5pm on I96 between Novi and 23. Then auto is awesome!

Heh. I once tried left-foot braking in my WRX. I quickly found out that since I often use my left foot on the dead pedal to brace, my instinct was to push much harder than I should have. As it turns out, WRX brakes are pretty good, and my neck was sore for a bit :dunce:

Just got back from my locale track weather was perfect 60deg :P
Made 2 passes then on my 3rd snapped axel :( then started to rain while I was swapping axels, anybody been watching gt academy ?

Quick reminder about ESCarGOT tonight. Get your SNAIL fix exclusively with standard cars!

The Standard Car Thursday (aka ESCarGoT) is about to start in the D2 lounge!

I've been running this series for a few weeks now and it is really fun! 👍

For those that may have been thinking of trying it; don't think too much about it and come race with us! There is plenty of weekend left to practice for Sunday!

Last night we ran FR 410 PP at Suzuka, German 460 PP Cote de Azure and 480 MR/RR at Nurburging GP/D.

You get to see the grid with a variety of cars which makes it interesting and different from the Sunday series :gtpflag:

Utube; Nissan GT Academy 2012/episodes. I have been getting into these and am inspired to have some recreation races. We could do carts at night, trucks on gravel, GTR race, and 370z race in the rain.

Chiochan
Utube; Nissan GT Academy 2012/episodes. I have been getting into these and am inspired to have some recreation races. We could do carts at night, trucks on gravel, GTR race, and 370z race in the rain.

I love all those ideas. I just wish they could happen later in the day:(

Hey zero and cheeb. Just putting it out there. This will be my last Sunday for at least the end of the year. My work schedule had made late night Sunday races undoable for me. I will not bee leaving the league though, just move me to associate snail.
Also, i do plan on continuing with my snails on the mountain touge series. Look for more info to come tomorrow.

What's a good time for you? I know you are busy during the day, so I assume late. If so that's cool, just let me know.
Usually after 9:00 pm PST so 12:00 EST. There are usually a few people around so if we just want to have fun should be doable.

Hey dg. You run a honda right?

meatthetrackwithslicks.jpg

95 integra gsr some specs on the car

84mm sleeved golden egeal bottom end will hold 800hp
The head is fully ported, 70mm throttle body
750cc injectors

Garrett 60trim turbo w/ stage 3 turbine
3in exhaust all the way back no cat

D2 32way adjustable damper coil overs
Full race traction bar

Type r trans with tiltion twin Disc clutch

Made 480hp on race fule at 22lbs boost

And this is my daily driver :sly:

Have been watching the practice session at GP-USA and the COTA. Shots of the spectators had me wondering if I was seeing any GT5 drivers. Hope GT6 has COTA - looks enjoyable and challenging. GO MSC !!!

Back