◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,847 comments
Work work work...

Just got home from working til midnight and go back at 11am tomorrow. It sucks but I made myself always get early shifts on Sunday so I can race with you guys!

Anyone that wants to post about the fight should probably use the [ spoiler]
MUAHAHAHA
[/ spoiler] tags. Don't spoil someone's night.

Anyone that wants to post about the fight should probably use the [ spoiler]
MUAHAHAHA
[/ spoiler] tags. Don't spoil someone's night.
I suppose, but this isn't exactly like an F1 race that was live at 4am and is waiting to be watched on DVR's across the country. This was a stateside event during somewhat normal viewing hours. More importantly, ain't nobody paying for that Pay-Per-View it they're not watching it live lol :boggled:

I suppose, but this isn't exactly like an F1 race that was live at 4am and is waiting to be watched on DVR's across the country. This was a stateside event during somewhat normal viewing hours. More importantly, ain't nobody paying for that Pay-Per-View it they're not watching it live lol :boggled:

Good point. I didn't need to pay for it. I live in a Filipino neighbourhood, so I got live updates through all the cheers and jeers!

High Speed Ring.jpg
High Speed Ring_1.jpg
High Speed Ring_2.jpg
High Speed Ring_3.jpg
High Speed Ring_4.jpg
High Speed Ring_5.jpg
High Speed Ring_6.jpg
High Speed Ring_7.jpg
High Speed Ring_8.jpg
High Speed Ring_9.jpg
High Speed Ring_10.jpg
High Speed Ring_11.jpg
High Speed Ring_12.jpg
High Speed Ring_13.jpg
High Speed Ring_14.jpg
High Speed Ring_15.jpg
High Speed Ring_16.jpg
Red Bull Ring.jpg
Red Bull Ring_1.jpg
Red Bull Ring_2.jpg
Red Bull Ring_3.jpg
Red Bull Ring_4.jpg
Red Bull Ring_5.jpg
Red Bull Ring_6.jpg
Red Bull Ring_7.jpg
Red Bull Ring_8.jpg
Red Bull Ring_9.jpg
Red Bull Ring_10.jpg
Red Bull Ring_11.jpg
Red Bull Ring_12.jpg
Red Bull Ring_13.jpg
Red Bull Ring_14.jpg
Red Bull Ring_15.jpg
Red Bull Ring_16.jpg
Red Bull Ring_17.jpg
Red Bull Ring_18.jpg
Red Bull Ring_19.jpg
Red Bull Ring_20.jpg
Red Bull Ring_21.jpg
Red Bull Ring_22.jpg
Willow Springs International Raceway _ Streets of Willow Springs.jpg
Willow Springs International Raceway _ Streets of Willow Springs_1.jpg
Willow Springs International Raceway _ Streets of Willow Springs_2.jpg
Willow Springs International Raceway _ Streets of Willow Springs_3.jpg
Willow Springs International Raceway _ Streets of Willow Springs_4.jpg
Willow Springs International Raceway _ Streets of Willow Springs_5.jpg
Willow Springs International Raceway _ Streets of Willow Springs_6.jpg
Willow Springs International Raceway _ Streets of Willow Springs_7.jpg
Willow Springs International Raceway _ Streets of Willow Springs_8.jpg
Willow Springs International Raceway _ Streets of Willow Springs_9.jpg
Willow Springs International Raceway _ Streets of Willow Springs_10.jpg
Willow Springs International Raceway _ Streets of Willow Springs_11.jpg
Willow Springs International Raceway _ Streets of Willow Springs_12.jpg
Willow Springs International Raceway _ Streets of Willow Springs_13.jpg
Willow Springs International Raceway _ Streets of Willow Springs_14.jpg
Willow Springs International Raceway _ Streets of Willow Springs_15.jpg
Willow Springs International Raceway _ Streets of Willow Springs_16.jpg
Willow Springs International Raceway _ Streets of Willow Springs_17.jpg
Hi everyone! Here are the pictures from last sunday. Sorry if its a bit late but i got real sick this week and got lazy. So ill try to reduce the size of that post but if i can't.. well i'm sorry for the scrolling this guy i don'tknow have and hate to do!!! :P

kool it worked...but i forgot to Tag and i have to say sorry to @MikeGrove because he wanted me to take a particular picture and i deleted the replay. So i hope these will make you happy but really sorry.. ill make it up to you! for the others... @ConnorWolf @gulin24 @Falango @gmraces @gtr3123 @MSgtGunny @ONESPACE @turnupdaheat ... i think thats it... am i forgettin anyone? Oh yea.. heres some picrues from our first practice at monaco this week to.
Côte d'Azur.jpg
Côte d'Azur_1.jpg

I'm afraid it's going to be PC on PC for my future. It's all about economics. I can't justify buying a PS4 just to play racing games when I have a big honkin gaming PC collecting dust. I fully intend on racing with you guys till the switch, which won't be for a while yet. I am also looking forward to the huge jump in graphics quality that the PC provides. I just hope my Steam download works ok. I have had problems in the past with Steam games not being compatable with Win8. I'm not expecting problems as PC has been designed on and for 8.1 and beyond.

Comments are welcome.
As I mentioned before, it hinges on Logitech support for me. I can't go drop money for a PS4 and new wheel, can't justify that right now.
I will also run it on PC if I buy it. I see PC can run up to 32 drivers, but no talking to each other. We'll have to see how many SNAILS will be on PC vs PS4 and take it from there
I definitely see where you guys are coming from, especially if you have a Logitech wheel that hasn't had PS4 support confirmed yet. That being said, SNAIL is a Gran Turismo league and we all know GT7 is going to be a PS4 game. Therefore, it's reasonable to assume that SNAIL will eventually become a PS4-based sim racing league. And while the decision to launch GT6 on the PS3 was incredibly beneficial for us, the PS4 is where our future lies.

And while it's true that a nicely spec'd out PC can outperform any console, there will always be advantages with consoles as well (which is why they remain so popular). And speaking of specs, the PS4 is no slouch! It's hands down the most powerful console ever made and that's a big reason why the PS4 has and will continue to dominate the console war - literally flipping the tables on the once dominant Xbox.

In the past, Gran Turismo has been able to outsell Forza even though there were many more Xbox's sold around the world than Playstations. That in itself is impressive, but can you imagine what could happen when you pair the #1 racing franchise in the world with the #1 console in the world? On top of that, combine it with cutting edge technology like Project Morpheus (which is already all too real :eek:) and you have the makings of a potential sim racing revolution! :D

Anyways, sorry for rambling, but I'm just very bullish on the future combo of GT7 and the PS4. I also believe that the Logitech issues will be sorted out soon. I guess to summarize, I understand if you want to buy Project CARS on the PC, but you'll eventually have to get a PS4 if you plan on playing GT7. Don't get me wrong - I know that every single one of us isn't going to get a PS4 even when GT7 launches. However, the fact that the PS4 is dominating the current console war (and for good reason) puts SNAIL in a good position to keep our community strong and vibrant for years to come. :)

I definitely see where you guys are coming from, especially if you have a Logitech wheel that hasn't had PS4 support confirmed yet. That being said, SNAIL is a Gran Turismo league and we all know GT7 is going to be a PS4 game. Therefore, it's reasonable to assume that SNAIL will eventually become a PS4-based sim racing league. And while the decision to launch GT6 on the PS3 was incredibly beneficial for us, the PS4 is where our future lies.

And while it's true that a nicely spec'd out PC can outperform any console, there will always be advantages with consoles as well (which is why they remain so popular). And speaking of specs, the PS4 is no slouch! It's hands down the most powerful console ever made and that's a big reason why the PS4 has and will continue to dominate the console war - literally flipping the tables on the once dominant Xbox.

In the past, Gran Turismo has been able to outsell Forza even though there were many more Xbox's sold around the world than Playstations. That in itself is impressive, but can you imagine what could happen when you pair the #1 racing franchise in the world with the #1 console in the world? On top of that, combine it with cutting edge technology like Project Morpheus (which is already all too real :eek:) and you have the makings of a potential sim racing revolution! :D

Anyways, sorry for rambling, but I'm just very bullish on the future combo of GT7 and the PS4. I also believe that the Logitech issues will be sorted out soon. I guess to summarize, I understand if you want to buy Project CARS on the PC, but you'll eventually have to get a PS4 if you plan on playing GT7. Don't get me wrong - I know that every single one of us isn't going to get a PS4 even when GT7 launches. However, the fact that the PS4 is dominating the current console war (and for good reason) puts SNAIL in a good position to keep our community strong and vibrant for years to come. :)

I wouldn't be surprised if I do buy a PS4 and new wheel eventually, but right now, that $750+ expense is a bit too much.

@Gouletzky, you tagged me but I didn't race last weekend :P

Reason why mayweather won, 50% of his punches landed. Pac loss because he only landed 19% of punches. You can hate on mayweather all you want but you have to respect his tactics. Just like racing consistency is the key.

Its funny everyday you see nothing but problems with these crustmasters what a joke never will I buy there wheels. Got to thank them for this wheel support crap, and it isn't because Logitech got out of the wheel business. Sony and the game makers have everything they need to make it work Drivers SDK's ETC. I just wonder how many pre orders project cars would get with Logitech support

Before the May season begins tomorrow night, I'd like to give a shout out to the April champions! While a complete summary of the points standings can be found here, the official April 2014 champions for each division are:

Division 1
@Adventuruss / Adventuruss

Division 2
@ConnorWolf / ConnorWolf

Division 3
@Rednose58 / Rednose58

Division 4
@aLmk / aLmk_69

Division 5
@TomMang_68 / TomMang_68

Division 6
@CanuckleheadII / canuckleheadII

Division 7
@McTrucker / McTrucker000

Division 8
@Hellbringer69 / Hellbringer2m6

Congratulations to all eight of you! :cheers:
@TomMang_68 , congratulations 👍, well done and I see you brake later on track and no more at all by climbing up the division ladder, well desserved and storm it up dude in D4 :sly:

VW_RRGTI_MainMenu.jpg

cheers :cheers:

I will again be missing the evenings SNAIL events. I'm just too busy prepping for my daughters birthday party next weekend. She (turning 7) has decided her theme this year will be race cars so yeah... Not sure who's going to enjoy this more. :) I'm working on setting up a pair of spec rc cars, a slot car track and of course Gran Turusmo. The latter including a Top Gear inspired leaderboard. This is gonna be awesome... If it doesn't rain. Grrr.

I wouldn't be surprised if I do buy a PS4 and new wheel eventually, but right now, that $750+ expense is a bit too much.

@Gouletzky, you tagged me but I didn't race last weekend :P
I knew that this would happen but i didnt have the raplays and i idnt want to search in the thread so i took a chance. Maybe see ya tonight if i can make it

Hi I would like to join Snail Racing.. I am a clean racer.. Been lurking for a while, and finally decided to join.

@Vapor13

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @Dragonwhisky, @JLBowler, @nmcp1 & @zer05ive as participants. The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

kool it worked...but i forgot to Tag and i have to say sorry to @MikeGrove because he wanted me to take a particular picture and i deleted the replay. So i hope these will make you happy but really sorry.. ill make it up to you! for the others... @ConnorWolf @gulin24 @Falango @gmraces @gtr3123 @MSgtGunny @ONESPACE @turnupdaheat ... i think thats it... am i forgettin anyone? Oh yea.. heres some picrues from our first practice at monaco this week to.View attachment 358981 View attachment 358982

You'll pictures are really good. Perhaps I can tempt you to use a lower shutter speed so that the cars don't 'static' or planted? These will add the movement sensation mostly from the spinning wheels. Your pictures would have more pizzazz!

this has a shutter speed of 250 (see the wheels and the pavement)
Côte d'Azur_4 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Reason why mayweather won, 50% of his punches landed. Pac loss because he only landed 19% of punches. You can hate on mayweather all you want but you have to respect his tactics. Just like racing consistency is the key.

Mayweather has never been in a fight. He has been in 50s HIT and RUN!!

The driver's list has been updated. You will notice there are now 7 divisions. All new and returning drivers who got their time trial submitted before the deadline have received a message with their division placement. Divisional conversations can now be created.

If there are any issues with the new list such as spelling or omissions, please let me know privately and I will get it fixed before racing tonight. I will not be available most of the day but I will handle any issues before racing.

With the change to 7 divisions, we'll need to rework Team SNAIL, but it should be easier now. I'm probably a few hours away from being able to work on it, so please be proactive and see if you can help out given the new divisional alignment. Thanks.

All I can say is that I'm glad to be back and what's shocking to me is that I qualified in D4 which I've never done in my year and a half with SNAIL so I can't wait to race tonight and I'll see you all soon.

The driver's list has been updated. You will notice there are now 7 divisions. All new and returning drivers who got their time trial submitted before the deadline have received a message with their division placement. Divisional conversations can now be created.

If there are any issues with the new list such as spelling or omissions, please let me know privately and I will get it fixed before racing tonight. I will not be available most of the day but I will handle any issues before racing.
:nervous: for D2....

Back