◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
That was strange, I had at least one race and maybe two tonight that I didn't see all the cars in the race. Hope I didn't crash into anyone that wasn't showing up in my game. Has anyone had that happen before?

On a different note the DB9 at Monza was a great choice. The oval might be sketchy but should be interesting.

I have what may be a daft question for a S.N.A.I.L. Since we are running on an oval this week and drafting is such a huge part of oval racing. Will touching while drafting be tolerated? Rubbing is racing and all;)

There's nothing wrong with a little bump drafting. I wouldn't recommend contact in or near the turns, though.

Round 3 was a blast! Nice pick, Bowler! 👍

Also, does anyone have a problem with how we split the practice rooms tonight? Looks like we had one completely full room and another almost full room. Seems like it worked out well IMO.

Monza Race 1. Turn 1. Dab, I got into the back of you. Couldn't see the traffic and you had braked for it. I wasn't aware until it was to late. :( very sorry.

Had a lot of fun tonight. Thanks to all that made it out.

Loved the Oval Vette combo. Irony. I got a guy wanting to trade an 01 Z06 for my Evo. We started talking last night. Maybe it's a sign. I am peeking at the big 40 in a couple years. That's old enough to drive a Vette right? LOL

Looks like I overestimated the power of breaking in the Corvette and the draft.

Better do 16 at the speedway.

Loved the Oval Vette combo. Irony. I got a guy wanting to trade an 01 Z06 for my Evo. We started talking last night. Maybe it's a sign. I am peeking at the big 40 in a couple years. That's old enough to drive a Vette right? LOL

The big 4-0 is the perfect excuse for a mid-life crisis toy! Do it!! :sly:

Looks like I overestimated the power of breaking in the Corvette and the draft.

Better do 16 at the speedway.

Great minds think alike. I lowered it down to 16 laps after we got done. ;)

I have what may be a daft question for a S.N.A.I.L. Since we are running on an oval this week and drafting is such a huge part of oval racing. Will touching while drafting be tolerated? Rubbing is racing and all;)

There's nothing wrong with a little bump drafting. I wouldn't recommend contact in or near the turns, though.

If you scrape doors with someone in the turns I don't think it will break any hearts. These aren't open wheelers.

Monza Race 1. Turn 1. Dab, I got into the back of you. Couldn't see the traffic and you had braked for it. I wasn't aware until it was to late. :( very sorry.

All good. That's why we have practice, right? Anyway, there were quite a few drivers there of different skill level. That tends to be a bit hectic.

Also, if you trade your Evo for a Vette, you'd better do something crazy to that Z06. Twin turbos?

Hi guys sorry to mess you about, turns out I cannot join this league, just got a letter this morning saying I have college at 8.30 on monday's :( so staying up till 5 probs wouldn't be the best idea :/ thanks for letting me join anyways, will probs have to find a British league

Some great OCD cars this week.

The 60's Giuliani Sprints, 1600 Duetto, 2D '68, the Special, and the 427 S/C.

Old Corvettes, Jags, Lotus, Cougars, and a Ginetta.

All with low, low miles. Low miles? I mean NO miles!

Hustle down to your neighborhood Online Car Dealership and load up on these beauties before they are virtually sold out!

Hi,

do it have some explanations about points system? I've looked at OLR, Penalities, Good Racecraft but can't find anything on points system.

Thanks in advance.

It is post 1, under the link to "perfect" points, I think in paragraph 2 or thereabouts.

16 points for first, 15 for 2nd, etc.

6 races.

1 point for fastest qualifying time in each of the 3 car/track combos (post #2, by the way).

1 bonus point for getting all pole positions in one night.

If you scrape doors with someone in the turns I don't think it will break any hearts. These aren't open wheelers.

Indeed. The possibility of causing someone to spin through the turns is quite heightened, though, given the looseness of the thing.

Hi guys sorry to mess you about, turns out I cannot join this league, just got a letter this morning saying I have college at 8.30 on monday's :( so staying up till 5 probs wouldn't be the best idea :/ thanks for letting me join anyways, will probs have to find a British league

That's a drag, I'm sure the rest of the U.K. contingent is sorely disappointed :(

How about I move you to the Associate S.N.A.I.L. section, drop in and race when you can.
We run Tuesdays, practice Sundays combos on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays too :)

Cheers,

kcheeb

Right, I said doors, not quarter panels.

I thought that the Vette's would handle much better in the corners as they are known for having superb handling; I found the Oval fun to drive, but the Vette can spin out very easily if you are aggressive with the throttle. :nervous:

I have a heavy foot!

It is post 1, under the link to "perfect" points, I think in paragraph 2 or thereabouts.

16 points for first, 15 for 2nd, etc.

6 races.

1 point for fastest qualifying time in each of the 3 car/track combos (post #2, by the way).

1 bonus point for getting all pole positions in one night.

BTW,
Has anyone ever gotten the perfect 100?

Some great OCD cars this week.

The 60's Giuliani Sprints, 1600 Duetto, 2D '68, the Special, and the 427 S/C.

Old Corvettes, Jags, Lotus, Cougars, and a Ginetta.

All with low, low miles. Low miles? I mean NO miles!

Hustle down to your neighborhood Online Car Dealership and load up on these beauties before they are virtually sold out!

Everyone please keep in mind that because the cars in the OCD were just posted, they are eligible for for selection for Prize A and Prize B.

Yes, even the Formula Gran Turismo! :dunce:

And just in case someone decides to pick it, I'm thinking we may need to adjust the tire restrictions. Here's what they currently are:

Tire Restrictions: (based on Dealership PP)
Street Cars
below 450 PP -> Sports Hards
450-499 PP ---> Sports Mediums
500 PP & up --> Sports Softs​

Race Cars
below 600 PP -> Racing Hards
600 PP & up --> Racing Mediums

* Tuner cars are paired with either Sports tires or Racing tires based on this list

and here's what I think they should be changed to:

Tire Restrictions: (based on Dealership PP)
Street Cars
below 450 PP -> Sports Hards
450-499 PP ---> Sports Mediums
500 PP & up --> Sports Softs​

Race Cars
below 600 PP -> Racing Hards
600-699 PP ---> Racing Mediums
700 PP & up --> Racing Softs <-- THIS IS THE NEW PART

Tuner Cars
Classified as either Street or Race cars based on this list

The reason I think we should make this modification to the tire restrictions is that there are very few cars in the game over 700 PP and each and every one of them would be run on Racing Softs in real life. Thoughts?

I thought that the Vette's would handle much better in the corners as they are known for having superb handling; I found the Oval fun to drive, but the Vette can spin out very easily if you are aggressive with the throttle.

Especially after 16 laps. After the first race with 18 laps, my right rear was gone. But the oversteer comes slowly enough that you can lift a little and catch it.

BTW,

dsgerbc did it on 5/20.

BTW,

dsgerbc did it on 5/20.

Yup, he sure did. Here are the results from that night. A contributing factor to his perfect score was the fact that we use to start all new drivers in the lowest division and then promote them to a higher division each week if their performance warranted it.

Since we now try to put everyone in the appropriate division right off the bat, it'll be a lot more difficult for anyone to achieve a perfect score. If anyone does pull it off again, it'll be because we put them in the wrong division! :ouch:

Especially after 16 laps. After the first race with 18 laps, my right rear was gone. But the oversteer comes slowly enough that you can lift a little and catch it.

dsgerbc did it on 5/20.

:bowdown: I think it would be a good idea to have him and anyone else that make a pefect 100 into a special 'SNAIL hall of fame' type of mentioning; as it is no easy feat to accomplish. 💡

Thoughts?

BTW,

It has happened once, under our old new driver placement system. You used to start in Division 3 (we had 3 divisions at the time) and had to drive your way into the correct division.

This lead to drivers being in the wrong division for up to 2 weeks, not to mention making for uneven divisional racing as the drivers found their spot.

We've since gotten smarter by asking new drivers to run the time trial 👍

EDIT: Wow, never been Ninja'd by two people, grats you two :)

I wouldn't minding joining and giving this a shot.

Hey Litzner,

We wouldn't mind having you in S.N.A.I.L. ;) Welcome!

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both.

Follow These Steps:
1. I add you to the drivers list as a New S.N.A.I.L. (Done)
2. You run the Time Trial.
3. You Private Message my GTPlanet account with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
4. I assign you to the appropriate Division, to give you the best racing possible.
5. A PSN friend request will be sent from the appropriate SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That is where you race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :)

The original post has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

The second post has the current race lineup and is updated weekly.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

This week's lineup in photo format:
Nl9Sz.jpg

Acura NSX RM '91
khB7g.jpg

Aston Martin DB9 '06
BwvA9.jpg

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '04

All in stunning matte light silver. :dopey:

Back