◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,792 comments
I'm in the pacific time zone and want to know what time are the races and which division I will be in this Sunday

The races start at 9:30 EST, the room number for your division will be posted about 15 min prior, as for the time difference I'm not for sure as you may fall under the West Coast Division since you're Pacific Standard Time. @JLBowler will most likely PM you with the division number if youve already completed the time trial. Just be patient and they will get to you as soon as possible. Welcome to the league.

PitBoard.png

2star.jpg

Time has been transformed, and we have changed; it has advanced and set us in motion; it has unveiled its face, inspiring us with bewilderment and exhilaration.

Khalil Gilbran

Be patient and understanding. Life is too short to be vengeful or malicious.

Phillips Brooks

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Two gold stars. A rough calculation puts me somewhat close to almost 600 races as a S.N.A.I.L. Tack on another 100 or so if you count practice nights, special events and general buffoonery in old jalopies. Only @cmbeal317 and @Skills have more races logged than I do. No bragging here. It is one of the things I am most proud of. That and my two stars.

There has been a quite a bit of water under our bridge since I joined. It seems like the old days were so different than what they are today. When I look again, nothing has changed. But it has hasn't it. The obvious is size. What may not be as noticeable is the depth. We are a busy little community. There is the regular League business backed by side events going on all the time. The thread is difficult to keep up with at times with all of the interactions taking place. Just a whirlwind of activity every single day. Through all that goes on here, the heart, soul and spirit of S.N.A.I.L. has stayed in tact since it's inception. Over half of our members are active within Team S.N.A.I.L. and we are also sponsoring a professional race car driver. Busy indeed.

Over the past 2 years I have participated in a handful of side events. I wish I had more time as there have been so many races that I could not be a part of. Hiding within all of the spectacular series and one off events are a handful of real jewels that have stood out and embody the spirit of why we keep coming back. The night S.N.A.I.L. said goodbye to Carrol Shelby, acting like bootleggers in an early Hudson, Cat and Mouse and laps of magic are a small few.

The newest event that I will remember forever was our first Race of Champions. It was one of the most remarkable races I have ever been a part of. The level of intensity was easily double any League night I have ever had. This MUST become tradition. It was just that good. I may never participate in another one but everyone should have the chance. At one time we had a couple of members that could live stream our races. I would love to see this set up for the next R.O.C. I would bet that more than half the League would tune in.

Shifting gears a bit, I would like to comment about a couple of other things. Promotion and Relegation first. The verbiage was relevant a long time ago but it has never really been correct. I have no idea of what to call it but with all of the intelligent folk we have here I think we could come up with something more fitting. Every month several members get moved to another division. The perception is based on positives and negatives.

The P & R process is not one of rewards or punishments. It is an evolutionary process to put us together with other drivers closest to our skill level. This concept has been one of the major corner stones of our League and one of the many reasons we are still growing. I am in D6. This month is going to be exceptionally difficult. The drivers in my division are so closely matched that there is no way of predicting who will win the month. I have heard the same about other divisions. Yes, the elusive win is always a motivating factor but you are not always going to win. What you will get every week without fail is battle after battle. Intense racing and dog fights for the ages to keep us coming back. I have been here two years and only have 7 wins. I am still here. It is the fight that makes it fun.

I don't want to end by getting all soap boxy but this needs to be addressed as well. We must stop beating up our prize winners because of what they choose. They won. It is their right to choose. Suck it up and race the combo. Back in the "old days" the combo got laid down and we raced the hell out of it. Some were epic and some were total disasters but we raced and had a great time doing it. I have been a part of some pretty weird combos and looking back, some of the stranger (or more difficult) were some of the most fun.

Times change and as we grow and evolve, we learn more about what we do. We have some brilliant drivers here and I propose that we put our heads together and come up with a "Guide to Picking Combos". Detail what works and what doesn't. Do and don'ts. Kind recommendations. A guide to help choose but nothing concrete. Leave room for personal favorites and some creativity. Not a rule book. An education. Knowledge is power as they say. Lets make this fun again. Stop badgering our prize winners and make it a positive experience again.

Race Clean, Race Hard, (Race with Dignity and Respect), Race S.N.A.I.L.

Last edited:
Jeff Lau as "jekfei" requesting to join :gtpflag:
@JeffLau,
Please accept my apology as I missed your post. Races are 6:30pm Pacific time unless that doesn't work. In that case you can join the West Coast Division which starts at 9:00pm Pacific.

Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Last edited:
I love the GTO's I knew it would get a few responses but there have been a few I had not thought of! Nice to get some fun stuff going in the thread. I realize sometimes my posts can be a bit grumpy.

View attachment 140066

View attachment 140067

Time has been transformed, and we have changed; it has advanced and set us in motion; it has unveiled its face, inspiring us with bewilderment and exhilaration.

Khalil Gilbran

Phillips Brooks

Two gold stars. A rough calculation puts me somewhat close to almost 600 races as a S.N.A.I.L. Tack on another 100 or so if you count practice nights, special events and general buffoonery in old jalopies. Only @cmbeal317 and @Skills have more races logged than I do. No bragging here. It is one of the things I am most proud of. That and my two stars.

There has been a quite a bit of water under our bridge since I joined. It seems like the old days were so different than what they are today. When I look again, nothing has changed. But it has hasn't it. The obvious is size. What may not be as noticeable is the depth. We are a busy little community. There is the regular League business backed by side events going on all the time. The thread is difficult to keep up with at times with all of the interactions taking place. Just a whirlwind of activity every single day. Through all that goes on here, the heart, soul and spirit of S.N.A.I.L. has stayed in tact since it's inception. Over half of our members are active within Team S.N.A.I.L. and we are also sponsoring a professional race car driver. Busy indeed.

Over the past 2 years I have participated in a handful of side events. I wish I had more time as there have been so many races that I could not be a part of. Hiding within all of the spectacular series and one off events are a handful of real jewels that have stood out and embody the spirit of why we keep coming back. The night S.N.A.I.L. said goodbye to Carrol Shelby, acting like bootleggers in an early Hudson, Cat and Mouse and laps of magic are a small few.

The newest event that I will remember forever was our first Race of Champions. It was one of the most remarkable races I have ever been a part of. The level of intensity was easily double any League night I have ever had. This MUST become tradition. It was just that good. I may never participate in another one but everyone should have the chance. At one time we had a couple of members that could live stream our races. I would love to see this set up for the next R.O.C. I would bet that more than half the League would tune in.

Shifting gears a bit, I would like to comment about a couple of other things. Promotion and Relegation first. The verbiage was relevant a long time ago but it has never really been correct. I have no idea of what to call it but with all of the intelligent folk we have here I think we could come up with something more fitting. Every month several members get moved to another division. The perception is based on positives and negatives.

The P & R process is not one of rewards or punishments. It is an evolutionary process to put us together with other drivers closest to our skill level. This concept has been one of the major corner stones of our League and one of the many reasons we are still growing. I am in D6. This month is going to be exceptionally difficult. The drivers in my division are so closely matched that there is no way of predicting who will win the month. I have heard the same about other divisions. Yes, the elusive win is always a motivating factor but you are not always going to win. What you will get every week without fail is battle after battle. Intense racing and dog fights for the ages to keep us coming back. I have been here two years and only have 7 wins. I am still here. It is the fight that makes it fun.

I don't want to end by getting all soap boxy but this needs to be addressed as well. We must stop beating up our prize winners because of what they choose. They won. It is their right to choose. Suck it up and race the combo. Back in the "old days" the combo got laid down and we raced the hell out of it. Some were epic and some were total disasters but we raced and had a great time doing it. I have been a part of some pretty weird combos and looking back, some of the stranger (or more difficult) were some of the most fun.

Times change and as we grow and evolve, we learn more about what we do. We have some brilliant drivers here and I propose that we put our heads together and come up with a "Guide to Picking Combos". Detail what works and what doesn't. Do and don'ts. Kind recommendations. A guide to help choose but nothing concrete. Leave room for personal favorites and some creativity. Not a rule book. An education. Knowledge is power as they say. Lets make this fun again. Stop badgering our prize winners and make it a positive experience again.

Rather than Promotion and Regulation I like Divisional Realignment!

View attachment 140066

View attachment 140067

Khalil Gilbran

Phillips Brooks

Well said, Exo! If I may add on to one of your points, I'd like to give some overdue recognition to @cmbeal317 for being the first member to participate in one hundred Sunday nights!! (which he accomplished several weeks ago) :bowdown:

A few of you guys are on track to reach that milestone soon as well, but I'd like to declare @cmbeal317 to be the founding member of the SNAIL Century Club!! :cheers:

Haha was fun practing tonight :)
Combo 2 is a true test of skill, you can make much mistakes in one lap.
If someone haven't practiced yet and needs a referece for lap times, this is what I got (D5)

Combo 2: 0:58:8XX
Combo 3: 2:02:XXX

In other trend, anyone knows where can I see the GT academy 2013 worldwide results? I checked on GT website and mygranturismo.com but aren't there.

I'm glad I'm not so far off the pace, haven't had any time this week to practice until not too long ago, 2:00.670 with a sloppy lap, I'll spend most of the day tomorrow fixing that haha. Car is a handful, but I love it!

I'm glad I'm not so far off the pace, haven't had any time this week to practice until not too long ago, 2:00.670 with a sloppy lap, I'll spend most of the day tomorrow fixing that haha. Car is a handful, but I love it!
Nice! that's a lap time I can only dream with :D
Yes, and one of the most powerfull cars we have driven in a while.

What if he just stuck it on himself?

I'd do that with the GTP logo. (After I asked Jordan of course.)

Blancpain Endurance Series update: After Free Practice 1, Kessel Racing Ferrari top of the time sheet with a 1:48.044! Looks like we're going to see high or even mid 1:47s in qualifying a few hours later! GTA Team RJN Nissan GTR GT3 is in 9th with a 1:48.863 behind the usual front runners. Expect the times to come down a bit more as we progress through the day at Monza!

As you can see I am quite excited lol. I'll keep the updates going if it's ok with the majority.

bnmTDRx.jpg

It's my pleasure to announce SNAIL's sponsorship of Nick McMillen for his upcoming season in the
Blancpain Endurance Series!! As you guys probably know, Nick is the 2013 US GT Academy Champion and these upcoming races represent the next steps in his journey "from Virtual to Reality".. And since SNAIL represents the "Virtual" part of his journey, we think it's only fitting that we're there to support him in the "Reality" portion of his career as well. Sponsoring Nick will result in more exposure for the league and it'll be a lot of fun too. :)

For those of you that would like to participate, we've put together some sponsorship packages that will not only allow you support Nick's career and help promote SNAIL, but will also enable you to score some sweet SNAIL swag! Here's a list of the available sponsorship packages and the gifts you'll receive with each:

Platinum Sponsor ($150)
- You will receive the Gold, Silver, and Bronze gifts, plus a SNAIL shirt (size XL) with our current logo, and a copy of GTPEDIA!

Gold Sponsor ($100) - You will receive the Silver and Bronze gifts, plus a shirt (any size) with the new SNAIL logo!

Silver Sponsor ($50) - You will receive the Bronze gift, plus a frameable print of Nick McMillen (and his race car) provided by the guys who manage GT Academy. The print will include our logo and will also be autographed with a personalized message from Nick!

Bronze Sponsor ($30) - You will receive a package of decals/stickers with the new SNAIL logo!

If you would to be an official sponsor of Nick, please reply to this post with the sponsorship package you would like. If we are able to exceed our fundraising goal, all of the extra proceeds will be used to buy things for Team SNAIL to bid on in the Marketplace. Thanks for your support!

List of Sponsors:
@KTR5 - Gold (Medium shirt)
@hooker4 - Bronze

@jobyone - Bronze
@fzappa - Gold (XXL shirt)
@goofytyler - Silver (maybe)
@whatbadgerseat - Bronze
@chatva - Gold (Medium shirt)
@dgaf95integra - Platinum (Large shirt)
@Handlebar - Platinum (XL shirt)
@TEX36 - Platinum (XL shirt)
@Chiochan - Platinum (Large shirt)
@fizzer - Gold (Large shirt)
@AJKVail - Platinum (XL shirt)
@Schmiggz - Platinum (Large shirt)
@Mark II - Bronze
@Troggy - Silver
@gumsdad - Platinum (XXL shirt)
@dabneyd - Gold (Large shirt)

We are only $230 short of the $2000 goal (including @goofytyler). I challenge the rest of S.N.A.I.L. to get reach the goal before Nick races on Sunday! We can do it.

Ran a dozen laps with the Lambo at Silverstone last night and definitely need a lot more to learn the track better. What are D1 times for this weeks combos?

So this was probably posted already in some form (I know it was announced but I didn't see a picture of it, IIRC), but I was watching @GumballCGT 's video

and noticed the SNAIL logo on his helmet. Awesome!

13794084004_0e5340f95a_o.png

Thanks for posting a picture! It's pretty cool what our little sim racing league is capable of when we put our heads (and resources) together! Thanks again full all the support!! :cheers:

Also, I just wanted to acknowledge that it's a little hard read our logo (especially the bottom line). We're working behind the scenes to create a new, more prominent logo, but we knew it wouldn't be ready for the first race. Therefore, we agreed with GTA Global to use our current logo for this weekend, and then have it replaced by our soon-to-be-finalized new logo for the rest of the season. 👍

The new logo will be what all the sponsors will be getting on their stickers and shirts etc. :D

Last edited:
Thanks for posting a picture! It's pretty cool what our little sim racing league is capable of when we put our heads (and resources) together! Thanks again full all the support!! :cheers:

Also, I just wanted to acknowledge that it's a little hard read out logo (especially the bottom line). We're working behind the scenes to create a new, more prominent logo, but we knew it wouldn't be ready for the first race. Therefore, we agreed with GTA Global to use our current logo for this weekend, and then have it replaced by our soon-to-be-finalized new logo for the rest of the season. 👍

The new logo will be what all the sponsors will be getting on their stickers and shirts etc. :D

I can't wait to get my stickers and put them on my helmet too!

Oshawa-Joe post: 9553543
Ran a dozen laps with the Lambo at Silverstone last night and definitely need a lot more to learn the track better. What are D1 times for this weeks combos?
Mid 1:56.6 for me. Should be an "ok" time.

Hey guys, just wanted to drop in and say hi! Again thank you for all of your support. It means a lot to me. That is definitely a SNAIL logo on my helmet :)

Finished both practices for the day. Fastest time for me was a 1:51.04. Was on track for a low 1:50 to high 1:49 with my best times through sector 1 & 2 when a Ferrari and Audi that went off track pinched me going down to parabolica. I think that set of tires were half a stint old. Haven't ran on a new set of tires yet so we will see where I'm at in qualifying. Itching to go again and hoping we get a good spot on the grid!

Qualy should be live on NISMO.TV in about an hour or less I believe.

See you guys later!

Back