Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. FloptaStr8

FloptaStr8

LOLOL!!!:lol: Exactly!!!

2. Turbo91stdcivic

Turbo91stdcivic

Hey snail officials I'm ready to get back in the league. I'll send the time trial soon

zer05ive likes this.
  3. RobbiefromBC

RobbiefromBC

Everyone north of the border is always too busy stuck in a blizzard, or playing hockey to be bothered to play GT6... You should know what I'm talking aboot!

4. DCschwinn

DCschwinn

Pics look awesome @euclid58.. :tup::tup:-up!!! :sly:

5. Oshawa-Joe

Oshawa-Joe

There is always time for GT6 after eating Kraft Dinner and drinking my Double Double from Tim Horton's

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    LLOYDZELITE69 and RobbiefromBC like this.
  6. jimeez

jimeez

Burnt sent ya a message.

7. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

At the top of post 1 is the founder's name and the date he officially started SNAIL. Highlighted in yellow, in the below picture.

SNAILInception.PNG

At the bottom of the post are links to the answers to the questions "Who is SNAIL?" and the "hierarchy" as you called it, which is a bunch of folks in the Driver's List that volunteer to do the work that keep the league running week in and week out, also highlighted in yellow, in the next picture.

WeAreSNAIL.PNG

I encourage everyone to click those links and save them as bookmarks.

OOwee! And a TOPP too.

fzappa and USERID_77a23 like this.
  8. FloptaStr8

FloptaStr8

Any scoop on this topic? :rolleyes: :)

9. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Still working it. If all goes well tonight the full Summary should be out late tonight.

10. FloptaStr8

FloptaStr8

Btw Dragon, WOW!!! The above post is awesome. There are some real techies on here. You and several others are amazing. This, your posts, Google docs, etc. GREAT JOB "BOYS"!!!!! :cheers:

TEX36 and Dragonwhisky like this.
  11. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

I'm actually pretty low on the Techie totem pole around here. The grand master wizards have essentially retired and those of us still around are just trying to keep the brooms from drowning us all.

Been trying to get data for D2 entered for 2 hours now. Keep getting distracted. Hell with it. Getting some scotch and a smoke. Be back later.

McTrucker and jobyone like this.
  12. FloptaStr8

FloptaStr8

My husband loves Lagavulin a Single Malt. His favorite. It was $45 a bottle when he first was introduced to it. It is now $90. Lol. Needless to say is an annual Christmas gift.

McTrucker likes this.
  13. brntguy

brntguy

Thx Dragon

Dragonwhisky likes this.
  14. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Can you clarify the sentence in bold? The way I read it, it describes what the "freeze" currently does. Or are you saying that he Prize B should not only be able to replace the car or track, but also decide what car or track replaces it? (what Prize B used to be).

As far as Prize B winners taking a "gamble" on passing the freeze, I think that's just part of the deal. If a Prize B winner really felt strongly about freezing or getting rid of a car or track, then they should use their Prize B to do exactly that. Nobody should make assumptions about something if they're not willing to be wrong.

Keeping two combos the same every week could easily snowball into the same two combos for two weeks in a row. Then the same two combos for three weeks in a row, and so on.. An integral part of the SNAIL formula is that we change out exactly half of our lineup components every week. Click here for an old post that some more of my thoughts on changing that 50% formula up.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
    Handlebar likes this.
  15. FloptaStr8

FloptaStr8

:pWhat about Prize A changes car OR track from most voted off; and Prize B change the component Prize A did not. Prize C changes EITHER the car or the track for second most voted off combo. :confused::idea::p

JoeW, Jayc2k and Jakedog23 like this.
  16. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

[​IMG]
    Race Date - Sun Aug 03 2014
    Penalty Rate 50%
    Banner by dabneyd

SNOLR Quotes for the Week:
    Below are the results of the 14 incidents the stewards reviewed.

Division 2 - 3 incidents on file
    Clutch_800
    • Round 3 - Race 1 - Level 3 - 10 points doubled to 20 for probation violation. 6 weeks probation remain.
    Xrad-11
    • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 6 points. 2 weeks probation.
    Division 4 - 11 incidents on file
    chatva
    • Round 2 - Race 1 - Level 4 - 14 points. 4 weeks probation.
    chevron
    • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 8 points halved to 4 for on-track concession. 2 weeks probation.
    Fallen_log
    • Round 3 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 6 points doubled to 12 for probation violation.
    • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 8 points doubled to 16 for probation violation.
    • 28 points total and 6 weeks probation remain.
    reigninblood1975
    • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 5 points. 2 weeks probation.

These results can be viewed on the SNAIL Steward Review Sheet.

Thanks to JLBowler, Oshawa-Joe and USERID_77a23 for their reviews this week. We knocked it out of the park this week!
    Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.
    :cheers:

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

These changes affect the final standings and the Prize Candidates have also changed.
    Full final results can be found here.
    @zer05ive & @JLBowler, these adjustments have been made in the director's document and results sheets.
    ***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***​

zer05ive and BayouSimDrifter like this.
  17. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

Hey Everyone,

I wanted everyone to know that I am going to be changing my GTP ID to match my PSN ID. In the next day or so, my GTP ID will change to CoachMK21. I know this will take some getting used to, but I hope it will cut down on some confusion that happens with having different names for each. Thanks!

PS

This was my 1000th post. Kinda cool to make 1000 and stop (as KTR5).

18. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

To commemorate,
    Screenshot_2014-08-05-22-59-33.png

19. LLOYDZELITE69

LLOYDZELITE69 Premium

Neovre likes this.
  20. BayouSimDrifter

BayouSimDrifter

Lol hella incidents filed. Alot of the new drivers seem to be getting hit hard with them and continuously.

21. Jakedog23

Jakedog23

Great job D6 on a great night:tup:

Jayc2k, zer05ive and euclid58 like this.
  22. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Holy smokes batman! I didn't think that screen shot from my phone would be that big.

KTR5 and Nail-27 like this.
  23. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Good thought, but I see two problems with that. First of all, that would essentially make Prize A, Prize B, and Prize C all equal prizes. I guess that alone isn't a deal-breaker, but if the Prize B winner pairs the Prize A selection with a car or track that the Prize A winner thinks is a horrendous choice, then it would essentially ruin Prize A. I guess what I'm saying is that Prize A has always had the ability to choose an entirely new combo and it's worked out out well for the most part. I'm not sure if weakening Prize A is worth doing just to increase the value of Prize B or Prize C. Thoughts?

Handlebar and JLBowler like this.
  24. DCschwinn

DCschwinn

First off congrats on your 1000th post.. :cheers:

I have been wanting to do the same thing! It just makes sense! I have to become a premium member to be able to do so correct? Which I have no problem with, just making sure thats all I need before I upgrade from 87 to 93 octane! So when I make the change, my new GTP ID will be: DCschWinn
    Thanks,
    -Adam aka "DC"

euclid58 likes this.
  25. Jakedog23

Jakedog23

26. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Thanks to all the stewards who reviewed incidents this week!

The results post has been updated to reflect the penalties incurred. This results in new prize winners.

@Dacana and @noseknows36 please make your choices asap. @BayouSimDrifter please wait for Prize B before making your choice.

27. Jayc2k

Jayc2k

What if instead of voting for least favorite, we voted for favorite and that is the only one to remain, and then prize a picks a whole new combo, prize b picks a car or track, and prize c picks what is left? That keep prize a strong with some good influence that is somewhat equal for b and c. Also would create lots of new combos

TEX36 and Nail-27 like this.
  28. BayouSimDrifter

BayouSimDrifter

Patiently waiting :D

All this talk of trying to change the prizes is pointless. The system works great for how it is.

29. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

TG. The voice of reason speaks.

30. Neovre

Neovre

[​IMG]

KTR5 and LLOYDZELITE69 like this.