◆ SNAIL [THE LOBANARO LOUNGE] No longer runningPS4 

  • Thread starter Thread starter aerolite
  • 7,567 comments
  • 396,586 views
I was actually experimenting a bit Monday night after our races. I tried Indycar at COTA, but it was too fast for a track I've never really learned. So I switched to Formula Rookie just to study the track, and it was actually kind of fun. Do we still have slower open wheel cars? I'll play around with combos when I start feeling better - had radiofrequency ablation today (burning of the nerves in my back that cause pain). Feel like a donkey kicked me in the butt right now :ouch:.
 
I was actually experimenting a bit Monday night after our races. I tried Indycar at COTA, but it was too fast for a track I've never really learned. So I switched to Formula Rookie just to study the track, and it was actually kind of fun. Do we still have slower open wheel cars? I'll play around with combos when I start feeling better - had radiofrequency ablation today (burning of the nerves in my back that cause pain). Feel like a donkey kicked me in the butt right now :ouch:.
Yeah, I forgot about the Formula Rookies - many tracks where we can run those for good racing.
 
Giving group winners their choice to run something for the following week might be something to consider. Itll give the BOBs a break from having to pick and choose every week.
 
:gtpflag: Cars and Tracks for Feb 25th :gtpflag:

Back to four 20 min races, both groups drive both cars. Details to come.

Formula Rookie
wk48-grpa-fr-oultan-park-jpeg.801309


Lotus 51
wk48-grpb-lotus-51-oultan-park-jpeg.801310


At Sugo & Rouen-Les-Essarts Short
 
I'll be able to join if you guys need a replacement driver these next 2 weeks?
Thanks.:confused:
 
Just watched “Le Mans” again. It was the first time I noticed the 917 McQueen crashed (in the scene right after the Ferrari blew up) was actually yellow and had a different number under what looks like a Gulf livery wrap. Watching it crash in slo-mo it looks like it might have been a Lola T70 dressed up to look like a 917. Funny that I just noticed it after watching the movie probably 20 times in my life.


DC42FD27-89E7-4C1A-93B5-49E82B486B71.jpeg
 
Just watched “Le Mans” again. It was the first time I noticed the 917 McQueen crashed (in the scene right after the Ferrari blew up) was actually yellow and had a different number under what looks like a Gulf livery wrap. Watching it crash in slo-mo it looks like it might have been a Lola T70 dressed up to look like a 917. Funny that I just noticed it after watching the movie probably 20 times in my life.


View attachment 801905
Good eye, they did use Lola’s for pretty much all the crash scenes... much cheaper to tear a readily available car apart rather than send a ferrari over a sandbank and blow it up :lol:
 
Good eye, they did use Lola’s for pretty much all the crash scenes... much cheaper to tear a readily available car apart rather than send a ferrari over a sandbank and blow it up :lol:

Was the crashed “Ferrari” a Lola, too? I figured it wasn’t a real Ferrari, just a tube framed mock up of a car with a fiberglass body. If both crashed cars were T70s, that still kind of sucks. I’d be more than happy to have any of them!
 
@GT I didn’t see her, but you just know a couple of our North of the Border Buddies will only be there for the sex-tourism opportunities, just like the last time we raced there...
 
Good news for Robbie, I won't make tonight's race, too sick...pretty sure it's bronchitis. Can't go more than 30 minutes without a coughing fit.
Keep your tires on the pavement fellas.
 
Good news for Robbie, I won't make tonight's race, too sick...pretty sure it's bronchitis. Can't go more than 30 minutes without a coughing fit.
Keep your tires on the pavement fellas.
Sorry to hear that @yogi bear . Hopefully you have a speedy recovery. Be well my friend.
 
Racist? Canine is now a race? “Speciesist” is now a thing? Lol. Most police K9s are German Shepherds or Belgian Malinois, so it made sense to make the Shepherd the cop, and I doubt the photo taker went out of their way to find a black dog in an effort to make a racist statement. This world is getting PC crazy.
 
Sooooooo, Robbie and spuds are on for tonight. Xrad, are you going to be late tonight? Let us know now so we can save your spot.
 
Back