◆ SNAIL [THE LOBANARO LOUNGE] No longer runningPS4 

• Thread starter aerolite
  • 7,567 comments
That was a wild night! That's the Lotus that I've driven the least... and now I know why. Crazy lift off-oversteer, cornering-oversteer, oversteering-oversteer, etc. Then the Formula Rookie came, and so did I. What a splendid car to drive. I think everyone that's learning a track, or just learning to race should start with the Formula Rookie.

I wish I had a YouTube video to post, but, once again they're giving my recording a very close look before releasing the content. Not sure what I did to upset the YouTube Gods, but I've irked them somehow. Check back here for footage in the next couple days. I'll edit my post to include the night's racing when it becomes available. There should be some interesting perspective. Like my inability to keep the front end pointed straight in the Lotus (rather boring - so skip ahead of that), a crazy opening lap crash that left me staging a back of the pack comeback at Rouen-Les-Essarts, then the Blue-and-Blacks assaulting me at Sugo (Oh wait, that was in the Lotus at Sugo - Rewind back to that), and then... the unknown occurrence that brought out a personality that was unknown to us all! I'm anxious to see if there's any footage of said occurrence myself... although I'm pretty sure it will go down in infamy as the "unknown incident."

Either way, CONGRATULATIONS to @GTLehman for his well deserved Monday night victory! Tricky cars that required consistency; and you showed both speed and consistency. Well done my friend!

Last edited:
That was a wild night! That's the Lotus that I've driven the least... and now I know why. Crazy lift off-oversteer, cornering-oversteer, oversteering-oversteer, etc. Then the Formula Rookie came, and so did I. What a splendid car to drive. I think everyone that's learning a track, or just learning to race should start with the Formula Rookie.

I wish I had a YouTube video to post, but, once again they're giving my recording a very close look before releasing the content. Not sure what I did to upset the YouTube Gods, but I've irked them somehow. Check back here for footage in the next couple days. I'll edit my post to include the night's racing when it becomes available. There should be some interesting perspective. Like my inability to keep the front end pointed straight in the Lotus (rather boring - so skip ahead of that), a crazy opening lap crash that left me staging a back of the pack comeback at Rouen-Les-Essarts, then the Blue-and-Blacks assaulting me at Sugo (Oh wait, that was in the Lotus at Sugo - Rewind back to that), and then... the unknown occurrence that brought out a personality that was unknown to us all! I'm anxious to see if there's any footage of said occurrence myself... although I'm pretty sure it will go down in infamy as the "unknown incident."

Either way, CONGRATULATIONS to @GTLehman for his well deserved Monday night victory! Tricky cars that required consistency; and you showed both speed and consistency. Well done my friend!
Thank you Jeff!
I truly enjoyed the night. I felt comfortable in the Lotus. You couldn't let off the gas, just ease up a bit to point the nose or tap the brake a bit with your left foot. I had some great starts and missed all of the carnage. As far as the FRs, even though I drive them often, I am not as fast in the as others are, I think the cars have far more stick than my skills can exploit.
A great combo that I really enjoyed, and I am glad I did well considering that I didn't practice very much - had my annual training and checkride the past few days - so this race was like a celebration! Great racing with everybody all night, as always. Too bad @RobbiefromBC and Bear missed it. But, you know, real life and all that.

Ferrari and Mercedes didn't participate, but that's ok.

Pretty cool. Sure wouldn't mind a bit of older stuff, but it's very cool for sure.

The photo of Jim Clark and George Harrison ( and Patti Boyd) - I'm guessing '66-'67. I think the guy on the left might be Denny Hulme. How about you @yogi bear
52635826_795301737514408_580482314866262016_n.jpg

:gtpflag: Results :gtpflag:

Bit of a crazy night trying to keep that Lotus on the track, but still fun!

Shout out to Spud, @Esspugo1 for his first win in the Lounge, and to CB, @CB_racer , who hasn't had an overall win since July 2nd last year.

But the big news is Shaun, @GTLehman, who after being with us since that very first race back in PCars1, finally gets his first overall win, way to go!

Congrats to @CB_racer, this weeks "Mr. Awesome" for the Group A win :cheers:
Congrats to @GTLehman, this weeks "Mr. Baawesome" for the Group B win :cheers:

wk95-feb-25th-2019-results-jpg.802459

The new "Mr. Baawesome" chair. :D (it was the best I could do)
Sheep Chair.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you Jeff!
I truly enjoyed the night. I felt comfortable in the Lotus. You couldn't let off the gas, just ease up a bit to point the nose or tap the brake a bit with your left foot. I had some great starts and missed all of the carnage. As far as the FRs, even though I drive them often, I am not as fast in the as others are, I think the cars have far more stick than my skills can exploit.
A great combo that I really enjoyed, and I am glad I did well considering that I didn't practice very much - had my annual training and checkride the past few days - so this race was like a celebration! Great racing with everybody all night, as always. Too bad @RobbiefromBC and Bear missed it. But, you know, real life and all that.

Pretty cool. Sure wouldn't mind a bit of older stuff, but it's very cool for sure.

The photo of Jim Clark and George Harrison ( and Patti Boyd) - I'm guessing '66-'67. I think the guy on the left might be Denny Hulme. How about you @yogi bear
View attachment 802403
No, missing big bushy side burns and dennys nose was bigger. Perhaps John surtees?
Grats on the win Shaun.

Congrats to Mr Awesome (CBracer) and Mr Bawasome (Shaun) for the wins. Had a great time last night, especially when I was making a a good comeback at Rouen-Les-Essarts when all of a sudden a UBO (Unidentified BOB Object) landed in front of me on the front stretch. Seriously though it felt good to be back racing with everyone. Thank you for the invite.

Last edited:
Ya, lots of fun last night. I think Shaun beat me in the first two races by just a half second or so.
F46C9E98-BFE4-488A-A1C5-6708775A311B.jpeg
Needed Pots to take Lamemann out, not slow him. The check is NOT in the mail.
Nice photo in the lamb‘s chair, Mr. Bawesome, you don’t look a day over 48 1/2.
Good thing Heri couldn’t make it, saved us from mopping the floor with him.

Howzit all! Mr. Baaaaaaasssooommmmeee here. That's B-awesome- because I Be Awesome. With a capital Baaa followed by AWESOME. You all are friends of mine, so you can just call me GTAwesome.

Yes, it's been a Bawesome day. I awoke to the sun and the birds outside, singing my name, as my lady rolled over and told me how Bawesome I am.
I enjoyed a leisurely breakfast of Sex - you know, the breakfast of Champions.
Then I spent a few hours watching the replays from yesterday, just soaking in the bawesomeness. Even when I spun to last place, I was able to claw back up to first. I was awesome...so bawesome, it brought tears to my eyes.
I drove into town, where the good people of Lihu'e had arranged a ticker-tape parade in my honor. The High School band had written a song in my honor, and they had fireworks spell out my name in the sky: 'G-T-B-A-W-E-S-O-M-E'.
The mayor gave me the key to the city, and I was made an honorary king of the Hawaiian Islands. My regal name is King Kambawesomawaha
On the way home, I did have to scream some choice words at a little old lady that was in my way, but that didn't ruin the bawesomeness.
Boy, being Bawesome sure is tiring.... I think I shall sit down in my bawesome chair and relax for a while, and watch my replays....

Great racing with everybody last night. A big congratulations to @CB_racer and @Esspugo1!

:gtpflag: Results :gtpflag:

Bit of a crazy night trying to keep that Lotus on the track, but still fun!

Shout out to Spud, @Esspugo1 for his first win in the Lounge, and to CB, @CB_racer , who hasn't had an overall win since July 2nd last year.

But the big news is Shaun, @GTLehman, who after being with us since that very first race back in PCars1, finally gets his first overall win, way to go!

The new "Mr. Baawesome" chair. :D (it was the best I could do)
View attachment 802464

Love the chair pic- that's Bawesome!

Howzit all! Mr. Baaaaaaasssooommmmeee here. That's B-awesome- because I Be Awesome. With a capital Baaa followed by AWESOME. You all are friends of mine, so you can just call me GTAwesome.

Yes, it's been a Bawesome day. I awoke to the sun and the birds outside, singing my name, as my lady rolled over and told me how Bawesome I am.
Then I spent a few hours watching the replays from yesterday, just soaking in the bawesomeness. Even when I spun to last place, I was able to claw back up to first. I was awesome...so bawesome, it brought tears to my eyes.
I drove into town, where the good people of Lihu'e had arranged a ticker-tape parade in my honor. The High School band had written a song in my honor, and they had fireworks spell out my name in the sky: 'G-T-B-A-W-E-S-O-M-E'.
The mayor gave me the key to the city, and I was made an honorary king of the Hawaiian Islands. My regal name is King Kambawesomawaha
On the way home, I did have to scream some choice words at a little old lady that was in my way, but that didn't ruin the bawesomeness.
Boy, being Bawesome sure is tiring.... I think I shall sit down in my bawesome chair and relax for a while, and watch my replays....

Great racing with everybody last night. A big congratulations to @CB_racer and @Esspugo1!

Now that post, that’s just freak’in Baawesome! :cheers:

Well I'm sure glad it didn't go to his head...that gt..he's so humble.

Also... My PX22 is having issues. Any recommendations before I buy a new one? On Amazon the PX22 is being shown as 'discontinued by mfg'. I've been pretty happy with it - anything better out there?

Thanks

A buddy of mine swears by the steel series headphones.

https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets#playstation

I use Astro A40's and love them. I am close enough that I can use a wired headset. I had A50's but the battery only lasted about a year in a half before it started losing capacity. The steel series headset has a swappable battery and comes with 2 batteries. Will probably be my next headset.

Thank you Jeff!

View attachment 802403

Mike Hailwood then.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...n-m23-during-the-british-picture-id1088989912

The Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrums are cool because you can mix sound. So you can plug in your phone and hear Crew Chief, Downloaded music, etc. I love them. The sound quality is awesome, and they're really comfy. Only problem with them is adjustment of other peoples volume. In our lounge, no problem, because everyone is pretty good about volume levels. But if you get in an open lobby with some dip-stick that has his volume too loud, you have to mute them. But the sound mixing is a huge plus for me, especially for single player. No ear buds under the headphones. On sale at Best Buy for $109 right now. (Didn't check Amazon).

Also... My PX22 is having issues. Any recommendations before I buy a new one? On Amazon the PX22 is being shown as 'discontinued by mfg'. I've been pretty happy with it - anything better out there?
Thanks
I’m pretty happy with my Steelseries over ear headset with 2 swappable batteries. They were not the newest offering and so I picked them off eBay for about half their original price which is still a hefty sum ($160). But I had previously wasted $40 on some Logitech crap that lasted 3-4 months. Pay attention to how they plug in to your system and how it may work with your other equipment. Logitech was a mess. I’m glad the mic quit- gave me the excuse I needed.

I just happened to be in Best Buy a few minutes ago and looked at the Sony Gold headset. I previously had two pair, and loved everything but the weak hinges that cracked on both pair. Sony eliminated the hinges on the new Gold model (but not the Platinum). While they don't have the cool sound mixing, they do have good sound quality, and you can adjust game and other player's chat volume - a very nice feature. I'd probably buy a set of those now that they fixed the hinges.

I just happened to be in Best Buy a few minutes ago and looked at the Sony Gold headset. I previously had two pair, and loved everything but the weak hinges that cracked on both pair. Sony eliminated the hinges on the new Gold model (but not the Platinum). While they don't have the cool sound mixing, they do have good sound quality, and you can adjust game and other player's chat volume - a very nice feature. I'd probably buy a set of those now that they fixed the hinges.
That’s what I got after the ps4 single earbud wouldn’t cut it in fortnite anymore, and they’re great earphones

Back