◆ SNAIL [THE LOBANARO LOUNGE] No longer runningPS4 

• Thread starter aerolite
  • 7,567 comments
:gtpflag: Announcement :gtpflag:

The two charts below are the current rankings (active drivers) after last night. It is time for another shuffle and as before, to keep it impartial this is done strictly by the numbers.

Grp A rank.JPG

Grp B rank.JPG

Here are the revised Groups. Bottom two from A and top two from B were switched.

Group A
@CB_racer
@coltsjugg
@dret7277
@Mike Lobban
@Rednose58
@RobbiefromBC
@SGETI
@sgohsixthree
@Xradkins
@yogi bear

Group B
@aerolite
@Alex ONeill
@bigtimedave
@davidt33
@GTLehman
@Rob Brown
@Zii1993
@2pfspiff

Last edited:
:gtpflag: Cars and Track for Monday May 28th :gtpflag:

Next week we will be running Mcinnis's, @sgohsixthree combo. Lobban has already sent him copious amounts of stay awake meds so he should be able to make it to nights end :D
FYI for the new guys. In March we celebrated our 1 year anniversary of the Lounge and gave seven of the guys, who have been with us since the start, their choice of a combo to be run, just a small way to say thanks. After this, it's only @GUTTERBOY3007 left, but we will wait for him to get settled into his new state and home.
This looks to be a fun combo, plus it's at a track we have not visited yet, looking forward to it Shaun :cheers:

Track - Zhuhai

Grp A - Nissan 300 ZX Turbo LM
GrpA-Nissan 300 ZX Turbo LM @ Zhuhai.jpeg

Grp B - Nissan 240 ZG GTS
GrpB-Nissan 240 ZG GTS @ Zhuhai.jpeg

Last edited:
Any new members? I pressed and missed the pit lane limiter..... twice!

I think Lobban was speeding in pit lane

View attachment 737864

Definitely a member after last night.. I practiced pitting at Texas and Daytona but for somereason not at Indy. Annndd so I chose the wrong entry and sent my fourth place off in an envelope to Kiribachi by doing half a lap on that long entry road. And the other two tracks weren't stellar either. The there were those damn walls...

:gtpflag: Results :gtpflag:

I don't know about the rest of you, but I sure had some fun last night, though I can't seem to straighten out my right foot this morning. Carnage was kept to a minimum I think, as I heard some A guys commotion a few times but never saw much. It was certainly entertaining driving through the slower Mustang at Texas! And we had six different winners last night, that is awesome!
Congrats to Red, it's been awhile since we've seen your name at the top! And Lobban, 3 out of the last 4 weeks (kudo's btw), you know what this means! I hate to see Mike go to A, as the only thing that really matters to the two of us is beating each other.
But the big news from last night was that old BOB from the Island's, where the **** did that come from David! Seriously, great job on the TWO poles last night, and for entertaining us so! Now, next step is too get your butt on that elusive podium.

Note: there will be some changes to both A and B groups, it will be done strictly by the numbers and I will try and get that done asap so you know what cars to drive next week.

Congrats to @Rednose58 , this weeks "Mr. Awesome" for the Group A win :cheers:
Congrats to @Mike Lobban, this weeks "Mr. Baawesome" for the Group B win :cheers:

wk57-may-21-2018-results-jpg.737785

Excellent job @davidt33 !!! Way to go! You are movin' on up to da East side!

I really enjoyed the night, even though I suck at ovals. I am happy that my tuning proved to be correct and I at least had the potential for speed.

Hey Aero... who got the other pole? Ohhhh, riiiighhhhtt... that was ME! :cheers:

Here a Texas A&M. May have some good industrial fire video to post.
So I’m reading your post while wearing this, remember, I live in Ontario, Canada.
F90FCADE-4ABB-4981-B35B-467B87F674B1.jpeg

Hey Aero... who got the other pole? Ohhhh, riiiighhhhtt... that was ME! :cheers:
Ahhh man, first I forget BigDave’s first win, and then I forget it was your first pole as well! I’ll blame it on it being early in the morning when I post. David did kind of overshadow the other accomplishments last evening, but nonetheless, :cheers:

So I’m reading your post while wearing this, remember, I live in Ontario, Canada.
View attachment 737929

Ahhh man, first I forget BigDave’s first win, and then I forget it was your first pole as well! I’ll blame it on it being early in the morning when I post. David did kind of overshadow the other accomplishments last evening, but nonetheless, :cheers:

Second pole actually - my first was in the Caterham.
Not that anybody is keeping track... :gtpflag:

You old farts with yer dirty minds... LOL

Idea for the next oval - and I am willing to play the role....

Everybody in the same car, but me in a pace car. We do the rolling start, then I have to make my way to the front to lead the pack for the actual start. At the end of the lap I dive into the pits and you go "green-green-green". With every accident we have a caution and the pace car comes out and gather the pack and then dive back into the pits again when the track is "cleared". Pit lane is always open.

We have seen that with oval racing there is not going to be a difference between the fast guys and the slow guys - everybody is fast around the ovals. Your fate is in the hands of the good decisions or bad decisions of the other :rolleyes:drivers. So, having the same cars may actually be a bit safer and more fun (or more carnage.....)

When I drive on the highway and driving at 10% over the limit - everybody passes me is a speeding moron. Everybody going slower and holding me up is darn a$$hole. Now look again at the part above that is underlined.....

Ovals, I hate ovals, never want to do it again. Lol. Just kidding, I love oval racing, but Aerobummer only allows me one oval night per game, maybe PCars 3. I do like that idea except who wants to drive the pace car? Add to that pace car idea and run a default tune race where someone won't get left behind with a shatty tune, especially if the goal is to race in a pack. If there's enough interest we could try to run ovals on a weekly or bi-weekly basis just for fun to try out these ideas. I was thinking Fridays because there are no league nights for most of us and what a way to unwind from the work week.....couple of pints, couple of puffs and get dizzy going around in circles.

Aerolyerlyerpantsonfire. Ya Wanker, you picked that shirt up at the thrift store, I was there. It was right after they replaced you with that new refugee from Buttzfhucswana at the sheep sperm collection factory. Remember how big your arms were back then before Ugabooga took your job for half of the pay? It was only a matter of time before the machines replaced you anyway. Old school baby. Your complexion has certianly cleared up and you're back to store bought hair gel after your pilfered supply of office theft had all dried out. Shouldn't have shared that last gallon with Uku. Wa wa waaaaa.

I'm sorta nervous about being moved up to the bigs, but I guess the numbers don't lie. Damn those numbers. I'm gonna miss my lowly Group "b", lower case wankers and I promise to wave......as I'm passing you all. I'll try to remember your names if my head doesn't get too big, it's a lonely road to the top.

Hey there the rest of my fellow B driver's, just ignore all this, "we are the pro's", "we are the big boys", "yada yada yada" crap you are reading.
Let me tell you a little story about the A's. We had to find a way to separate the two, maybe three drivers that were dominating when we all raced together. The decision to make two groups so other's had a chance to win once in awhile was made, so the rest of A are basically just fillers who need a little ego stroking. All this never would have happened if we hadn't of let our bud SGETI join, as he was the fastest guy, and then the next thing we knew, our other faster friends wanted in and we buckled :banghead: :boggled:
The B's are the real drivers here, the one's we originally created the league for, as Slobban seems to be forgetting :D :P ;)

I'm sorta nervous about being moved up to the bigs, but I guess the numbers don't lie. Damn those numbers. I'm gonna miss my lowly Group "b", lower case wankers and I promise to wave......as I'm passing you all. I'll try to remember your names if my head doesn't get too big, it's a lonely road to the top.

At least you went up to A with me. I couldn't hang with anyone there before, at least now I have a chance to actually race someone instead of being in limbo between A and B every race.

Hey there the rest of my fellow B driver's, just ignore all this, "we are the pro's", "we are the big boys", "yada yada yada" crap you are reading.
Let me tell you a little story about the A's. We had to find a way to separate the two, maybe three drivers that were dominating when we all raced together. The decision to make two groups so other's had a chance to win once in awhile was made, so the rest of A are basically just fillers who need a little ego stroking. All this never would have happened if we hadn't of let our bud SGETI join, as he was the fastest guy, and then the next thing we knew, our other faster friends wanted in and we buckled :banghead: :boggled:
The B's are the real drivers here, the one's we originally created the league for, as Slobban seems to be forgetting :D :P ;)
At least somebody remembers their roots. :lol: I love the oval track idea @Rednose58 has. Especially if he's the one driving the pace car. While I'd love to try the pace car job, I'm almost sure I'd be so zoned out watching the race I'd forget to do my job when somebody crashed :rolleyes:. I can't express how much I miss or little hobby. I check in on the thread all the time to be entertained, but I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of new and fun experiences. Family Doctor referred me to a neurosurgeon :nervous:. With no improvement in the past several weeks, I may need to go under the knife. I'll be back eventually, but it looks like it may be a while. But like I said, I'll be lingering around on the thread in the meantime. :sly:

I'll never forget the little people who helped me along the way to stardom. I already forget your names, but I'll always remember how good it felt to be Baaawesome. Gotta give someone else a chance eh.

In all seriousness, I don't expect to up there for long, I will try my best to compete, but, I won't be able to keep up with these guys, I know my limits and racing in A will definitely push me beyond those limits. I already miss Aero.....being behind me.

I'll never forget the little people who helped me along the way to stardom. I already forget your names, but I'll always remember how good it felt to be Baaawesome. Gotta give someone else a chance eh.

In all seriousness, I don't expect to up there for long, I will try my best to compete, but, I won't be able to keep up with these guys, I know my limits and racing in A will definitely push me beyond those limits. I already miss Aero.....being behind me.
I also thought I would be dropping back to b group. But... not yet. I will be soon tho, only one more race then I'll be packing up the motor coach and gone for two weeks.

Tried out both cars last night, had driven the 240 before but not the 300. The latter has to be the most difficult car to see out of in cockpit view, was like sitting in a tank, fun to drive though. Big speed difference, but at this track will be very easy to pass the slower 240's.

Tried out both cars last night, had driven the 240 before but not the 300. The latter has to be the most difficult car to see out of in cockpit view, was like sitting in a tank, fun to drive though. Big speed difference, but at this track will be very easy to pass the slower 240's.
I really love the 240. Damn shame I won't be able to race Monday - the sailing club is having the annual race to Hanalei, which was devastated by all the flooding last month (remember the lost cow). Originally it looked like it wasn't going to happen, because the Department of Land and Natural Resources wasn't issuing permits because of the damage situation up there. but they changed that just this week so the race is on. Depending on winds, t's about four hours up, which we do on Saturday, then about 5-6 hours back on Monday. This will be Janice and my longest time on a boat!
Maybe I can catch you guys this evening for some fun.

:gtpflag: Race Day :gtpflag:

Track - Zhuhai - Summer

Grp A - Nissan 300 ZX Turbo LM - Max start fuel = 28 L

Grp B - Nissan 240 ZG GTS - Max start fuel = 20 L

Race 1 - 18 Laps - 09:00 - Med Cloud

Race 2 - 16 Laps - 12:00 - Light Rain

Race 3 - 18 Laps - 17:00 - Clear

Invite list for tonight. Any reserve drivers (report#4) please let us know here, preferably by 7pm, if you want to race and we will get an invite to you.

Group A
@CB_racer
@coltsjugg
@dret7277
@Mike Lobban
@Rednose58
@RobbiefromBC
@SGETI
@sgohsixthree
@Xradkins
@yogi bear
@HazardLvL4 - Reserve