'05 Ford GT Settings

• Thread starter sexydawg
  • 147 comments
i love the car and found it to be unbeatable when tuned right. The problems you are having seem to be that of misjudging the speed / acceleration of the car , its deceptively fast . you have to change your braking points . you cant jump on the brakes at the same point on the track that you get away with in other cars because you are traveling 45 to 50 or more MPH faster at that point..the tires only have so much grip , Also try SLAMMING on the brakes IRL when going from a standing start under full acceleration and see what happens...its not pretty , thats reality . the brakes are not an on and off switch and if you use a controller its very easy to use them that way. IRL you gradualy increase pressure..you stomp on the brakes going 150 mph you have a situation with ANY car.

Anybody else have some settings? Im about to just give up on the car and save up for the S7. I think they put it on the box for a reason, so people would get it and realize the car is just that, something to show off, not to race.

CincyReds
Im about to just give up on the car and save up for the S7.

Yeah .... me too. I paid enough for the piece of crap so I'll hang on to it. Over time I might just tune it out. Lemme know how that S7 works out (before I buy one myself)

I find after intense tuning the GT to be one of the best vehicles I have encountered. Its only real problem is the fact that every vehicle except for the Japanese sports cars and the select few others(any as surpirsed as me as to how nice the Mustang GT is?)
were designed biasly. Although I love this game, it still needs help. ledhed does have the right idea about tuning the car, but I used it to beat the American Championship.
Great car.

yes please do give your settings. especially you ledhed. i've seen you in 2 threads searching these forums. i've spent the past 2 days on this damn car, and it's personal now. if there are some "magic" settings for this car, i'd like to hear them. complete settings for the 05 gt . here's a form for you guys to fill out:

BRAKE CONTROLLER-
BRAKE BALANCE - FRONT: REAR:

SUSPENSION-
SPRING RATE - FRONT: REAR:
RIDE HEIGHT - FRONT: REAR:
SHOCK BOUND - FRONT: REAR:
SHOCK REBOUND - FRONT: REAR:
CAMBER ANGLE - FRONT: REAR:
TOE ANGLE - FRONT: REAR:
STABILIZERS - FRONT: REAR:

DRIVING AIDS-
ASM (OVER) :
ASM (UNDER) :
TCS :

DOWNFORCE-
DOWNFORCE - FRONT: REAR:

LIMITED SLIP-
INITIAL TORQUE: - FRONT: NA REAR:
LIMITED SLIP ACC:- FRONT: NA REAR:
LIMITED SLIP DCC:- FRONT: NA REAR:

WEIGHT BALANCE-
BALAST WEIGHT:
FRONT/REAR BALANCE:

im working up the cash right now to buy a saleen after hearing the sucess on this board. i've played this series since gt1 on the playstation, and have worked to reach 100% in every game. i've never been so dissapointed in a car (and that fact you havent been able to change the paintjob after buying it on your car since gt2). i hope the lm gt changes my mind. and i dont want to hear anyone telling me i dont know how to drive.

tahoe2720
im working up the cash right now to buy a saleen after hearing the sucess on this board. i've played this series since gt1 on the playstation, and have worked to reach 100% in every game. i've never been so dissapointed in a car (and that fact you havent been able to change the paintjob after buying it on your car since gt2). i hope the lm gt changes my mind. and i dont want to hear anyone telling me i dont know how to drive.

Man, im with you, I like to think im a good driver in this game and you give me a good car to drive and ill do good but this GT is the vain of my existence. The car is not just a car anymore, its an adversary.

A form to fill out ? :) ..... you with the IRS ? 💡
05 Ford GT fully Modded 838 HP ( setting A for El capitan type course)
Brake Balance * no brake controller just racing brakes
spring rate 11.8 ( f) 12.8 ( r)
ride height 98/ 98
shocks 8
camber 1.8 ( f) 1.3 ( r)
Toe ----- 0 ---0---
stabiliars 5 / 5
asm oversteer = 8
asm understeer = 3
tcs = 3
down force 30 ( f) 40 ( r) * Put a wing on it.
LSD 10 / 30 / 10 * without the lsd the rear wont swing out as much when you get off the gas. Use the stock rear if you do not like a step out ( lift throttle oversteer )

Trans set
1 = 3.705
2= 2.350
3= 1.638
4 = 1.228
5 = 0.958
6= 0.784
Final = 3.358
Auto set at 14
gimme a cookie .
I changed this today after I ran at Midfield * if you want to run a short track like Mid field change the auto to 12 or use the stock custom box settings auto 12
if you want oversteer set toe -01
if you want understeer set toe + 01

I just have one question...Why does the Camaro LM car I just won for the Stars and Stripes brake 100x better than the GT I spent ~$400K on? It will also *keep* up with the cars in the All American Championship w/o any modding. I hate to race a POS Camaro rather than my prized GT, but I may have to in order to win the AAC. :crazy:

Your settings made it a little better, it now snaps like a mofo under heavy braking, starting light works only to a degree, but does help some. You can step on the brakes with both feet in the 350Z LM car I won and it doesn't give me any backtalk :-)

my '05 GT gets it pretty good. its fully modded, only real problem is lifting up on fast turns, i just turned up my spoiler rates though, so it should be fixed. also id like to note that i am burning a 99 viper as we speak (in the amercan flag circuit, not american championship).

you can cure that by setting the counter weight to 100 and -15 byt then the car understeers. or you can set the toe to + 01 rear again you get understeer but not as much.
No matter what the cars a handfull , you have to be smooth or it will bite you.

ledhed
A form to fill out ? :) ..... you with the IRS ? 💡
05 Ford GT fully Modded 838 HP ( setting A for El capitan type course)
Brake Balance 24- 24
spring rate 11.6 ( f) 12.8 ( r)
ride height 98/ 98
shocks 8
camber 1.8 ( f) 1.3 ( r)
Toe ----- 0 ---0---
stabiliars 5 / 5
asm oversteer = 5
asm understeer = 0
tcs = 3
down force 30 ( f) 40 ( r) * Put a wing on it.
LSD 10 / 30 / 10
weight balance , ballast weight = 80 front / rear balance = minus ten ( - 10 )
Trans set
1 = 3.705
2= 2.350
3= 1.638
4 = 1.228
5 = 0.958
6= 0.784
Final = 3.358
Auto set at 14
gimme a cookie .

Thanks ledhed.

Anybody try these settings yet? I'll try when I get home.

for the race against the viper/esperante/camaro lm, i just used the camaro lm that i won in the...i believe its the hot rod series. put the stage 4 turbo on it for $90k (do the 275k trick for quick cash if youre lazy). it should have like 912 hp and that will shove the car right out of the corners, and it has the body and brakes to be nice and steady through corners. i completely destroyed that series without any tuning, save for the turbo kit upgrade.

and also, my ford gt is fully modded, but only has about 798 hp. how are people getting 800+? i must be missing a certain upgrade or something on accident, but is it attributed to tuning? anyway, i dont have much of a problem with the ford gt. im fact, barely any at all, even in the supercar series. even b-spec. i havent done any tuning at all, either, expect for more power and less duration to the nitrous which i only use on huge straights.

I don't understand why everyone is so extremely disappointed with the GT. Just like any other car you've got to play with the settings to get it right for each track. Not to mention adjust your driving style because of how easily you can attain speed in it.

I've only driven the S7 a few times, but I've found the GT a way better mannered car. I've used it for quite a bit of my races and I love driving it. Another great car is the 86' RUF BTR...but you can't use that for the American Races.

Brake Balance : F-10 / R-9 Press slowly!

Spring Rate : F-12.6 / R-12.1

Ride Height : F-94 / R-95

Shock Bound : F-7 / R-9

Shock Rebound : F-9 / R-10

Camber Angle : F-2.4 / R-1.0

Stabilizer : F-6 / R-5

Limited- slip It- 8
Lsa- 41
lsd- 19

Tires F- S3 / R- S2

Trans Auto set: 13/ final= 3.289

Fully equiped 798 H.p.

I bought a GT yesterday afetr reading through this thread. To me it seems a little wild at times but what I do is I brake a littl bit earlier going into curves and feather the gas pedal coming out of curves. I haven't really had any problems out of it. The only settings I changed was the ride height which I lowered a bit but of than that it is pretty much default settings.

Ford GT 2005
Settings by ProtegeLX

Spring rate 7.5/9.0

ride height 92/92

bound 3/6

rebound 3/6

camber 3.5/4.0

Toe 0/4

stabalizers 7/7

Gears

final 3.360

auto 18

Driving aids

over 15

under 20

TCS 7

LSD

Torque 5

acel 20

decel 30

beraks 20/18

downforce FULL

ENJOY

It drives fast as hell and corners like a dream, BUT you have to realize its alot of power that is easy to put down and you dont realize how fast your going, you have to give enough distance to efectively slow down for turns, the best technique is to downshift PROPERLY!

ProtegeLX
Ford GT 2005
Settings by ProtegeLX

Spring rate 7.5/9.0

ride height 92/92

bound 3/6

rebound 3/6

camber 3.5/4.0

Toe 0/4

stabalizers 7/7

Gears

final 3.360

auto 18

Driving aids

over 15

under 20

TCS 7

LSD

Torque 5

acel 20

decel 30

beraks 20/18

downforce FULL

ENJOY

It drives fast as hell and corners like a dream, BUT you have to realize its alot of power that is easy to put down and you dont realize how fast your going, you have to give enough distance to efectively slow down for turns, the best technique is to downshift PROPERLY!

Patent those buddy, you did it. Looking at the setting on here you would think that the car would lose all its uniqueness but it dosnt it. The car handles like a dream yet still feels like the GT. Bravo!!!!!!

CincyReds
Patent those buddy, you did it. Looking at the setting on here you would think that the car would lose all its uniqueness but it dosnt it. The car handles like a dream yet still feels like the GT. Bravo!!!!!!

Thanks yall, spent time adjusting each setting.

Will have more once perfected for other modles

Ford GT 2005
Settings by ProtegeLX (Updated 3/5/2005)

Spring rate 7.5/8.3
ride height 92/92
bound 3/4
rebound 3/7
camber 4.5/6.0
Toe 0/4
stabalizers 7/7

Gears
final 3.360
auto 18

Driving aids
over 15
under 20
TCS 7

LSD
Torque 5
acel 9
decel 30

beraks 20/18

downforce FULL

ENJOY!

The more I tune her the better she gets!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very nice settings but you can only do so much with what you have to work with. The American Champ race is just PURE EVIL. I blew my cash wad on the Ford GT in a vain hope that I could win the circuit. NOT A CHANCE. Not against an Esperante, that gay looking FAN car, Team Oreca ViPER, C5R, I mean COME ON. In real life those cars competed at Le Mans!!! And the way they rip up the track for this championship race you know it too.

So I then blew STUPID money on an Saleen S7 and THAT car sucks too. What a waste of money. What's this? A CIEN? VERY nice car. I love it right out of the box. I can hold 2nd and 3rd place with it for a while before I get slapped.

But with that S7 it was enough to win the Stars and Sripes to wint that Camaro LM. ~WHOA~ if that's not the BEST american car in this whole game. That thing is a monster. N/A Stage 3 = watch out sucker. This car is a tire killer. I haven't yet tried the C5R (my GT3 personal fav) but for anyone reading it's ALL ABOUT the Camaro LM. I think ALL LM cars were programmed by PD to handle like a wet dream.

TheMocoMan
Very nice settings but you can only do so much with what you have to work with. The American Champ race is just PURE EVIL. I blew my cash wad on the Ford GT in a vain hope that I could win the circuit. NOT A CHANCE. Not against an Esperante, that gay looking FAN car, Team Oreca ViPER, C5R, I mean COME ON. In real life those cars competed at Le Mans!!! And the way they rip up the track for this championship race you know it too.

So I then blew STUPID money on an Saleen S7 and THAT car sucks too. What a waste of money. What's this? A CIEN? VERY nice car. I love it right out of the box. I can hold 2nd and 3rd place with it for a while before I get slapped.

But with that S7 it was enough to win the Stars and Sripes to wint that Camaro LM. ~WHOA~ if that's not the BEST american car in this whole game. That thing is a monster. N/A Stage 3 = watch out sucker. This car is a tire killer. I haven't yet tried the C5R (my GT3 personal fav) but for anyone reading it's ALL ABOUT the Camaro LM. I think ALL LM cars were programmed by PD to handle like a wet dream.

LM cars drive well because they are tuned for LM. The camero is nice (but one of the easyest cars to drive, the GT IS FASTER it just takes more finess and driver skill!), but if you drive the Ford GT LM, you will see it BLOWS the camero away, and requires about the same amount of skill to drive. You cant compare a LM bred car Vs a Tuned street car, they are not in the same league.

MY Ford GT street car smokes all other street car events with 20 second gaps minimum between me and the pack.

My Ford GT LM I won it last night @ 2:30 and took some pics and passed out. I will be tuning it out and getting a feel for its capabilities over the next few days. BUT the initial run I did for the photo shoot was IMPRESSIVE, it breaked SOoooooooooo much better then the street car, and handeling was phenominal. I will have to take it to the track to get the limits & thats going to be tonight.

Ford GT LM so far best car Ive driven in the game.

(I was suprised to see the ending credits movie for the game after only beating 19%)

Has anyone else tried ProtegeLX. How does the car feel and handle? Does it still jump and not stick to the ground like the others have said about it?

ProtegeLX
LM cars drive well because they are tuned for LM.

Holy crap man I think I just had an epiphany. See for years I thought the LM denoted "Limited Edition" or something. When it probably really means Le Mans???

~ W H O A ~ No wonder I love all the LM cars. 👍

Question?
GT LM Edition ('02) <--- Is this the one that has the 1969 paint job???
GT40 Race Car ('69)

GT LM Edition Spec-II ('04) <---- On the Cover & Intro???

Its funny, there were plenty of complaints about the Ford GT, but since I posted settings, everybody has droped the subject.

I know there have been a few who tried and liked them, but whats the word? Please if you tried my settings post a reply to let me know what you think. If you leke them but they are a little off for your driving style I may have a sugestions to help.

Back