'05 Ford GT Settings

• Thread starter sexydawg
  • 147 comments
I should have mentioned that I was using his(protegelx) settings, and they have helped alot. But in driving "cautiously" like you say, you seem to lose a lot of time. I put some more weight up front and it just slowed the car down too much. Maybe I should not have bought into the weight reduction just yet.
Thanksl

I had My GT tuned better, but before I could log the settings I lost my save file. I have been playing catch up, but am bact to 40% and will tune her some more.

I'll post what I get, but as I said before it might be under a diferent name as They keep banning me & banning me. (I thought @ one point there was just a prob with the site like the message kept saying, but I realized it was BS and got around that)

So stay tuned.....more later

Signed:ProtegeLX

projectvideo2nd0uy.gif

OK Ford LM is NOW being tuned.

Stay tuned for the Settings by ProtegeLX

Ford GT 2005
Settings by ProtegeLX (Updated 3/6/2005)

Spring rate 9.5/12.3
ride height 85/85
bound 2/3
rebound 4/6
Toe 0/0
camber 3.5/2.5
stabalizers 6/6

Gears
final 3.360
auto 18

Driving aids
over 10
under 10
TCS 5

LSD
Torque 12
acel 34
decel 27
beraks 5/4
downforce FULL

These are the Latest, still for the Production GT, If you go way back the originals cant be updated, so These are the curent.

Stay tuned for the Ford GT LM Settings, they are in the works. :sly:

Persistant
Ford GT 2005

Spring rate 9.5/12.3
ride height 85/85
bound 2/3
rebound 4/6
camber 3.5/2.5
stabalizers 6/6

Gears
final 3.360
auto 18

Driving aids
over 10
under 10
TCS 5

LSD
Torque 12
acel 34
decel 27
beraks 5/4
downforce FULL

These are the Latest, still for the Production GT, If you go way back the originals cant be updated, so These are the curent.

Stay tuned for the Ford GT LM Settings, they are in the works. :sly:

Assuming toe is at 0/0?? Thanks

ProtegeLX
My GT is fine, I got NO HANDELING PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER, BUT I DID have all the problem you guys are discribing. To solv the prob, I adjusted the suspention, and learned to ease up on the throttle (this game doesnt take jerky imputs like the first 3 in the series) I'll run the race and post my settings when I get home (but if you run the race over and over and cant win. B-spec the race to see if its YOU, if they loose too then GET a better car)

Im also drawing up a settings competition for the GT(see whos got the best set up), once done maybe the best settings will be able to win the race.

So what are the settings?????
I would like to know. I ove the Ford GT. My settings make the car wobble at high speeds!

Just look UP, they are on this page.

Here you go anyways

Ford GT 2005

Spring rate 9.5/12.3
ride height 85/85
bound 2/3
rebound 4/6
Toe 0/0
camber 3.5/2.5
stabalizers 6/6

Gears
final 3.360
auto 18

Driving aids
over 10
under 10
TCS 5

LSD
Torque 12
acel 34
decel 27
beraks 5/4
downforce FULL

OMG!!! i wish i joined this forum earlier, i lost plenty of hair trying to get the GT40 right thinking that it was me and couldn't figure out where i went wrong (especially when i knew i tuned all my other cars perfect). Well after getting stubborn and trying like at least 20 races trying to win seattle race @american events i gave up and gave cadillac cien a go and woo hoo, race won easy.

i must be doing something wrong, I have tuned my ford GT '05 to the guide in this thread but anything over 150mph it just goes all wierd.....

.....it like starts to hop, like i am tapping the handbrake every second, any ideas?

ProtegeLX
DUH

IVE DONE BETTER CHECK MY SIG 1:23 WHAT IS THAT?

Off topic ---

I think it's really funny how you got banned on your other username for doing exactly this, and you had already been banned on here!

I'd like to add to those of you in distress that with a car like the GT you can't judge it by the first few corners.

I'm currently racing a FPV GT (The Australian thing) in the NA Pro Series. It's a pig until the brakes and tyres warm up and then it starts to stick like glue and brake really well.

P.S. Traction control ... pah ... live a little! :P zero-zero-zero everytime!

Well after hours of messing around with this car i finally found what worked for me. I considered the settings listed above but they involve Driving Aids, which i don't use for any car. With that in mind i considered the settings obsolete. (sp)
So if you don't use Driving Aids, you may want to consider this setup, works great for me.

Full mods minus LSD, i went with a 2 way.

Spring Rate: F 11.5 / R 9.5
Ride Height: F 90 / R 90
Shock Bound: F 8 / R 7
Shock Rebound: F 8 / R 9
Camber: F 2.2 / R 0.5
Toe: F 0 / R 3
Stabilizers: F 5 / R 2
Tranny: Final 3.360 / Auto 7 (individual gears were only slightly adjusted)
Downforce: Max both F / R
Brakes: F 9 / R 7

Now for the part that will most likely be criticized... Weight Balance.
Ballast Weight: 95
F / R Balance: -50

You may be wondering, why so much weight added... well the problem i was having is the tail end was all over the place, no not tire spin just seemed too heavy and momentum slung it around everywhere. Car was tuned for All American Championship and does great. Only thing i have to adjust depending on track is how much weight. Hope this helps, good luck ^^

Edit: I run Hard Racing Tires (R2) most of the time, both F / R.

pointysquirty
Bjammin - do you use an LSD on your GT? Thanks.

Pointy

I apologize, i worded my statement wrong. "Full mods minus LSD, i went with a 2 way." I can see how that may be confusing.

To answer your question, Yes I have the 2 way LSD, just not the fully customizable one. Seems to get the job done.

Here's the settings that are working for me ...

Ford GT (in White), currently with Sports Mediums as used in Star's & Stripes

Spring rate: 11.5 / 8.0
Ride height: 100 / 100
Damper bound: 8 / 6
Damper rebound: 8 / 6
Camber: 1.8 / 0.8
Toe: 1 / 0
Stabalisers: 4 / 3

Gears: Manual transmission, Fully custom, set on 11

LSD: 10 / 48 / 24
Brake balance: 7 / 5 on race brakes (not sure if you need both race & balance?)

Driving aids: All OFF - i.e., 0 / 0 / 0
Downforce: None, no wing - i.e., 0 / 0
Weight balance: None - i.e., 0 / 0

That my friends, is a _real_ man's set-up :D

I need some good settings for the Nurburgring....i tried almost every setting posted here, but it's still very difficult to drive...
I think Nurburgring needs some "dedicated" setting...

Thank u, and sorry for my english :)

pointysquirty
Here's the settings that are working for me ...

Ford GT (in White), currently with Sports Mediums as used in Star's & Stripes

Spring rate: 11.5 / 8.0
Ride height: 100 / 100
Damper bound: 8 / 6
Damper rebound: 8 / 6
Camber: 1.8 / 0.8
Toe: 1 / 0
Stabalisers: 4 / 3

Gears: Manual transmission, Fully custom, set on 11

LSD: 10 / 48 / 24
Brake balance: 7 / 5 on race brakes (not sure if you need both race & balance?)

Driving aids: All OFF - i.e., 0 / 0 / 0
Downforce: None, no wing - i.e., 0 / 0
Weight balance: None - i.e., 0 / 0

That my friends, is a _real_ man's set-up :D
\

Well BAM - I made it through all these races running my GT on stock settings. With it peaked out at over 800+ HP, and so far at a top speed of 238MPH (ran out of track) it should really KICK the competition when I figure out how to change these settings to what some of you all have posted. :)

Thanks GTPlanet Forums :D

I bought my GT '05 last night and went to work no tuning the throttle life oversteer out of it. I've spent about 4 hours with it and I think I have a setting I'm happy with. I'm about 5-6 seconds faster on trial mountain with these settings than I was with the stock settings. My GT has about 700 hp.

Set A (racing tires Medium)
Brakes 5, 10 (if you go much above 5 on the front, the front will grip but the back will swing around when you brake)
Springs 7, 11
Ride Height 105, 105 (thanks ledhed)
SB 4, 5
SRB 4, 5
Camber 1, 1.5
Toe 0, 1 (a little toe in in the rear helps keep the car under control when entering high speed turns)
Stabs 5, 5
DF max (put a wing on it)
Driving Aids:
ASM Oversteer (5) <- this is a must
TCS Controller (2) <- not so much a must

SetB (Sports Tires Soft <- might change to medium if it chews them up)
Brakes (10, 10) (you can get a little more out of the front in this car, but much more than 10 and your tires will probably lock)
Springs 10, 13 (higher than with the racing tires to help bring the car to life with these tires)
Rde Height 105, 105
SB 4, 5
SRB 4,5
Camber 1.5, 2.0 (a little more camber to help the tires out)
Toe 0, 1
Stabs 5, 5
Downforce max (put a wing on it)
Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer (2)
TCS Controller (2)

Those are my settings. The car is a LOT more stable than it used to be. I'm still not comletely satisfied, the car gets a little jumpy with bumps in the road but all in all it's a pretty solid ride.

I found the Ford GT to be rather tail happy under braking in its stock configuration. It also has problems with the rear end getting airborne when it goes over big bumps or jumps.

The tail happy under braking issue is pretty common in MR cars because of their typically rear-heavy weight distribution. The heavy tail wants to flip around to be up front instead. This habit can be controlled by either brake balance bias or forward ballast. I didn't want to add weight to the car, so my settings quelled the problem with brake bias.

The problem with the rear becoming airborne over bumps is actually caused by bottoming the rear suspension. Again because the GT has a heavy rear end. Bottoming can be fixed by raising the ride height, increasing the spring rate, or sometimes even just by increased damping. I wanted to keep the car at minimum ride height, so I fixed the problem with heavier springs.

I wanted to make minimal changes to the car. I'm using the standard Sports Medium tires. Absolutely no wings (you shouldn't need wings to fix a handling problem). In fact, my setup only uses a racing suspension and a brake bias controller. The rest of the car is totally stock.

Here's my suspension and brakes settings:

Springs 16.0f 16.0r
Height 73f 73r (ie. slammed)
Shock Bound 8f 6r
Shock Rebound 8f 6r
Camber 3.0f 2.0r
Toe 0f 0r
Stabilizers 5f 5r

Brake Bias 4f 3r

Driving Aids Off

Note that my settings are pretty normal and basic. It's not actually necessary to resort to weird settings when tuning this car.

There's nothing wrong with the brakes on the GT, but it can seem that way because of its gearing. The car effectively has no 1st gear. It's 1st gear is like 2nd or even 3rd gear in another car. This can lead you to dramatically underestimate your speed as you approach a turn... and it can make it seem like the car takes much longer to stop than it aught to. But it's not true. It's an illusion.

This setup will allow you to turn a little bit while you're hard on the brakes, but don't push it. It's just on the edge of being temperamental. If it's still too twitchy under brakes for your driving style, then go to 4f 2r on the brake bias. You'll sacrifice some braking distance, but it will be stable under brakes.

Anyway... hope this helps. :)

- Skant

I didn't feel like messing with the settings of my GT 05' so I bought the Saleen and fully modded it out, I couldnt win in A-spec OR B-spec . So I tried my Camarro SS LM fully modded with some medium racing tires. Didnt mess with the tranny/suspension or brakes(other than the upgrade) and I put it in Overtake and Mode 5 and it wins every race in the American Championship, after I take the lead I drop it back to Mode 4. This is just if someone doesnt want to mess with everything else, figured a for-sure car-race forumla never hurts a thread ;)
Edit-This is all for the American Championship.

Back