'05 Ford GT Settings

• Thread starter sexydawg
  • 147 comments
fasternfaster
Ok i have a challange for you guys.. post your best time on R234 with the GT.. i have basically given up trying to win World GT Championship with the ford GT.. no matter how i tune it and how well i drive it the best time i got was a 1:31.xxx btw im using R3(medium tires) and this isnt even that good... the competition doesnt pit for the whole 10 laps!

I tried this race with a stock CLK GTR.. i stayed in the lead untill lap 8 and then my tires got RED i was running on R2's :( pug905 and 787B and sauber c9 rape me after that with them being hot on my tail the whole time.

Best on that track with the Ford GT 1:31, opponents run 1:25's, best with the CLK GTR 1:24ish i think.. full mods didn help me much on this track. they still keep up with me.

Oh and my B-spec driver must be piss stupid or cant drive for ****. In an equally matched car he would place consistenly LAST... i managed to get him to get 4th place.. For him to win he needs 2x the power of all the othercars i think..

It is my understanding that the Ford GT is just outclassed in the World GT Championship. Does anyone agree? whats is a good car to beat this? Should i futz with the CLK? or save up for a proper LM car?

EDIT: i forgot to mention the GT is FASTER than all the other cars on R234 around all the steady state corners.. BUT.. the cars achilles heel is the esses!!! the back straight where you have to ride the curbs where the asphalt is red if the brakes are applied in ANYTHING but a straight line the rear SNAPS and if you even clip the wall sligtly the car will spin.. the same thing happens on the esses following the double apex right hairpin where the asphalt has red lines on it. that part when you need to brake for the blind left... i either go through too slow or spin. The CLK can drive the whole track easily with little issues.. and none of this behaviour but it burns up tires.. I may be overdriving it.. but when i got cars .5-1.5 seconds behind me .. what can i do?

I beat that race with teh LM camero given by the first series under it & read My last post for My testing

THe LM races are LM cars it will be pretty hard to beat a LM car with any street car.

LM is not for limited edition, its for LeManz

The Camero Lm given by the 3 race seiries 2nd seiries in the american races I won every race Gold NO PROBLEM.

NorcalSR024
I own a GT '05 and i own an S7, and i like my GT more. I sat down for about an hour on the settings, and mine runs amazing. When i get home, ill post some settings for you.

As for the S7, when that car is modded and tuned, is it really a monster? I drove it stock and thought it was horrible.

Yup, I believe mine has over 800 hp. I lowered the ride height to the lowest settings, and stiffend the anti roll bars by 1... Car is very fast now. I can beat all the american races by more than half a lap now.

The car has so much speed, you sometimes have to hit the brakes alot earlier in the corners to slow it down enough. Also, coming out of corners take it easy on the throttle, lightin the tires up, out of every corner, only burns them up quickly.

Guys I tried Protege's new settings and I can say they are much improved.

I did use the ford GT to beat the american race turnoment. I used my b-spec driver who never hit the walls hard and never spun out. I qualified for each track and got gold for all but 1 race (got silver). My b-spec skill points are over 6000.

I could not win the race trying on my own. Perhaps I'm not that good yet (I seem to run low 1:30s with my ford gt on seatle).

By the way I'm at 17.6% with 30 cars, 600 something aspec miles. 300 something bspec. aspec points around 650. bspeck around 6k. Winning percentage is around 65%.

For your settings, ProtegeLX, do you tune the car up to full (eg. best turbo, best suspension) for your settings to work. Can you overtune the car so it is too fast and you cannot control it?

only if u cant keep your foot out of the gas... traction control helps

I just dont see how an LM ( le mans ) camaro race car can come even close to a fully tuned ford GT.. let alone beating the 787B...

I know they raced camaros in lemans and 24 hrs of daytona... but they were in a completely different class and have never won anything except for maybe in their own class. whivh would be agains porsche gt3, corvette, viper.

i think im gonna save up some dough with the DTM trick and selling those worthless but beautiful CLK GTR's and buy myself a 787B.. and show those damn saubers and nissan R89CPs what its all about. 787B was and still is one of my favorite cars, I hope it handles just as good in gt4 as it did in gt3..

Win the German Touring Car Championship in the European hall over and over again. Sell the car you get and get some serious cash.

Dokk
Win the German Touring Car Championship in the European hall over and over again. Sell the car you get and get some serious cash.

ohh

I use the second amreican race (3 races) with the AI and fast forwad its 8 mins 275.000 about,

I geuss its around the same time same amount ?

what do you think?

Is my way faster?

ImRIGHT
ohh

I use the second amreican race (3 races) with the AI and fast forwad its 8 mins 275.000 about,

I geuss its around the same time same amount ?

what do you think?

Is my way faster?

That's what I've been doing, too, but according to the specs (as yet untested), I think the GTC method is quicker to rack up cash:

15 Minutes (again, untested) for:

$15,000 x 5 Races
$75,000 for winning the Championship
$743,749 for the AMG Merceds CLK-GTR race Car

That's a reported $893,749 ... at least three times the money in twice the time. I'll be trying this sucker out tonight.

I think it racing the german touring car championship (ie DTM) in Bspec to get the maclaren which you can sell for about 700,000cr

ProtegeLX's settings are a lifesaver.

I actually wasn't having too much trouble with the GT, but now it's uber sweet and handles like a dream. I just love this car, and I can't wait to get the LM Edition Spec-II '04.

Question though...838hp??? I only get 798hp. Am I missing something here?

did you change your oil yet? i got 798 too, but in the setting menu and the garage, it show upt as 838hp.

btw ProtegeLX, your setting are just simply AMAZING.

this might be too much to ask, but can you do setting for all 3 of these too:

Ford GT LM '02
Ford GT LM '05
Ford GT40 Mk2

seeing how much of a GT fanatic you are :D ;)

Here is my latest time

fastesyet1ju.jpg

I did it last night, I posted it before and it got deleted

Thanks for the Props on the Settings, I will be doing sets for all Models of the GT, I have to use Other names as I keep getting banned (I proved Greyout and a moderator wrong, so they deleted the intire thread and Banned me to save face)

N-E-WayZ hope the settings help and I will have more for the otheres up when ready.

Signed:ProtegeLX

Need help with settings for the Ford GT and Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II '04, the one you get for winning the GT4 Chanpionship. I have it doing the "Ring" on B-Spec right now, and it's only 4 laps between pit stops. I've got the HP up to 900 by engine tuning, and am using the hardest compound race tire. I have B-Spec on "1" right now and I'm keeping the lead, but setting 2-5 will just wipe out the rear tires. The first 8 laps, the car was doing 360s and drifting like a mad man until I whoa'd this thing down.

What tires do you use for the endurance races, on this or any other car? Most I can get is 5 laps out of a set. Is it too much rear downforce? Too much power?(Which seems unlikely since I've read where people are using the Minolta @ 1000hp+)

Thanks for your time.
Michael

less downforce will slow tire wear.

aswell as running the "steady" setting once in the lead or a lower setting "cruise" maintains Ok speed for me once in the lead, keeping sure your always gaining slightly if not bump it up.

Other then That you will always have to pit eventually and the AI pits too (I dont normally runn too manny laps before Im in need of a new set (what I do, is fight for a lead big enough to alow me to pit without getting past by the AI, usually (25-30sec) is enough. Then its all good, and when they pit you get great leads.

ohh yeah being easyer on the throttle helps alot too.

hope it helps

ProtegeLX,
as others have said, your GT 2005 settings are brilliant -- thank you.

But I have a question -- what do you think of the 1969 GT40 LM race car? Especially in comparison to the 2005 version, and the version on the cover of the game....

And also, theoretically should these 2005 settings work just as well for the 1969 car? Thanks.

ProtegeLX
Ford GT 2005
Settings by ProtegeLX (Updated 3/6/2005)

Spring rate 9.5/12.3
ride height 85/85
bound 2/3
rebound 4/6
camber 3.5/2.5
toe 0/0
stabalizers 6/6

Gears
final 3.360
auto 18

Driving aids
over 10
under 10
TCS 5

LSD
Torque 12
acel 34
decel 27
beraks 5/4
downforce FULL

Ive made them MUCH better, you can be more agressive in the turns and exiting the turns.

I got some negative feedback, so I did a revamp. I ran Stock and my old set and was only improving my time by about 2-3 seconds (not impressive) So I revamped them and got a 8 second improvement from the stock set on Seattle, and she is much easyer to drive. (with the old set I ran a 1:29 & with stock 1:31, and the new set I ran 1:23.) There is the improvement I was looking for. MUCH BETTER BREAKING, Leaving the breaks LOW will slow the car faster because she has a BIG tendency to slip N slide.

There is a pic in my Sig for the Seattle time of 1:23.

Unfortunatly the GT LM and the 69 GT LM will all require seperate settings for each. I tried my curent GT settings with the LM and they sucked. I will be doing a set for each of the GT cars (The GT is by far my favorot car in the game) The only thing is on Friday I turned off the PS2 and hit the power while saving and lost my whole "save game" Since friday I have BLASTED through the game, I was @ 40% when everything was lost and Im @ 28% right now. When I get the GT LM back (should be tonight) I will tune her and Post the settings.

Thanks everybody who uses and likes the settings, I will tune more rides and post up the settings stay tuned....

I will be posting under "Relentless4Ever" "ProtegeLX" got Banned for being right about something, and being a prick about it. Either way I love the site and will be back, hopefully we are all men and can put the squables behind us and discuss what we are all here to discuss, GT4.

Signed: ProtegeLX

TheMocoMan
Damn bro. I was hoping all the $$$ I just pissed away on the '05 GT might come in handy. Guess the car IS a big piece of crap. A Saleen S7 eh? Wipes the floor with it?? GRIN! Guess I just need 400k! :D

i got an s7 first, then a GT, then an SL65 AMG.

S7 has 895 hp (braking, handling, and style is all perfect!!)
GT has 838 hp (braking sucks though)
SL65 has 999 hp!!! (handles good too)

Thanks everybody who uses and likes the settings, I will tune more rides and post up the settings stay tuned....

I will be posting under "Relentless4Ever" "ProtegeLX" got Banned for being right about something, and being a prick about it. Either way I love the site and will be back, hopefully we are all men and can put the squables behind us and discuss what we are all here to discuss, GT4.

Signed: ProtegeLX[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to drop a big thanks for the tuning settings, helped out mucho...BTW I didnt see if you had recommendations for the weight and distribution for the 05 GT. Thanks in advance!

No Prob....thanks.

I'll be working on her tonight a bit, should have something decent for the GT LM by tomorow (had to watch 24)

As for the weight distrobution, I find it helps ALOT when drifting, BUT I find it slows down the cars in a race (I find they can help when dealing under and oversteer, but at the cost of acceleration and top speed (GT has MONSTER acceleration I wouldnt want to hurt that), so the trade off is questionable) For now I would leave them alone, I will play with them to see if I can use them for benifits outside from drifting.

If your drifting and your tail end flyes out every drift attempt tossing some weight in the mid to rear section can help the wheels catch. I get the HKS D1 car @ some serious angles, It looks great in Pics or Relay, BUT she couldnt win a race against an Accent. (If tuned for race she is a beast, but there is no weight ballast in Race set up)

I hope it helps, thanks again.

Signed:ProtegeLX

My first post. Just had to log on to say I love the Ford GT. Thanks to your settings I also love driving it. Good job and thanks. I am looking forward to trying out your GT LM setup. It is one of my favorites with no tweaking but judging by your '05 GT settings, the LM can be improved upon.

I still need help with the '05 GT. I absolutely love this car but I CANNOT drive it. As long as the track is flat, its ok, but on any course with elevated turns (especially downhill) I can't keep it stable. What I do realize is it's not the ther car, per se, as it is my FR mindset. What do I need to change to make it work? I have never owned a MR car or driven one for that matter, so thats no help and to top that off, I never played GT3.

I can drive a FR car though as my '05 Mustang and '00 Cobra are getting great lap times and are smoking those of my pristine GT with close to 100 less hp!

Any help is appreicated!

I`m using ProtegeLX setup (or not too far off at least). I have a good deal of the breaks on the front, try not to lock up the wheels when breaking, and break early/accelerate gently. I had some problems with this car myself, but all it took was a little practise and a catious driving style. Now I am rather a big fan of the car acctually. Fun to drive, but I guess it really comes down to personal taste, as so much else :)

Stian

Back