1.03 available for download now

• Thread starter Obsidian-2
  • 221 comments
How big and do you need to download to keep playing?
Unfortunately, yes. I was doing an endurance race, and upon exiting the race after I had won, and amassed huge amounts of mp, and xp the game told me it couldn’t save because there was a new update I needed to be able to connect to the servers... This online only saving is getting ridiculous. Why can’t the game use temp files for such cases? I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one who was playing while the patch dropped.

Unfortunately, yes. I was doing an endurance race, and upon exiting the race after I had won, and amassed huge amounts of mp, and xp the game told me it couldn’t save because there was a new update I needed to be able to connect to the servers... This online only saving is getting ridiculous. Why can’t the game use temp files for such cases? I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one who was playing while the patch dropped.

I'm currently running an endurance race, should I just quit it?

Yes its just buggered up my endurance race, I saw the planned maintenance so planned my 4 hour race around dragon Trail to finish an hour early. So I finished my marathon to be told there is an update needed to continue and lost all my credits and more importantly mileage points.

PD why you not warn of this ? you did for the maintenance thats now ongoing, but the update pending kicked us offline so couldn't save prior to maintenance,

Unless you have means to update the game in suspended mode (which I dont think is possible) you won’t be able to save after the race. But maybe someone else has a solution.

Yes you may as well i've just driven for 4 hours and lost everything, although i did plan for the server downtime they put the update in before and that throw you offline as well.

Don't understand why the update was 182.5 MB, but it said I had to delete over 2 GB worth of content to make room for it, even though I already had a little over 23 GB left of storage.

Oh well, guess I'll just re-download the game I deleted to make room.

Steering wheel torque: was at 2. After the patch it is very much lighter so I had to move it to 6 (T300 RS wheel).

So how did you get online after the patch ? I planned my race to finish 2 hours before maintenance but the patch just being downloaded whist i was racing put me offline and wouldnt allow me back on.

Started 4 hour race UK time 1am to finish 5am Maintenance is planned for 7am UK but extended for an extra hour at 8am UK

The timings they gave us in notifications dont stack.

Yes its just buggered up my endurance race, I saw the planned maintenance so planned my 4 hour race around dragon Trail to finish an hour early. So I finished my marathon to be told there is an update needed to continue and lost all my credits and more importantly mileage points.

PD why you not warn of this ? you did for the maintenance thats now ongoing, but the update pending kicked us offline so couldn't save prior to maintenance,

Pay attention to the notices in game. I've seen the "Maintenance scheduled" notice all day in-game. Not PD's fault...

Don't understand why the update was 182.5 MB, but it said I had to delete over 2 GB worth of content to make room for it, even though I already had a little over 23 GB left of storage.
I'm guessing it must be highly compressed as the "Copy" operation took longer than the actual download!

Sidenote: I've been using a tiny proxy on my PC that the PS4 is pointed to in network settings which makes downloads go from impossibly ridiculously slow to speeds closer to normal for high speed internet.

So how did you get online after the patch ? I planned my race to finish 2 hours before maintenance but the patch just being downloaded whist i was racing put me offline and wouldnt allow me back on.

Started 4 hour race UK time 1am to finish 5am Maintenance is planned for 7am UK but extended for an extra hour at 8am UK

The timings they gave us in notifications dont stack.

I'm pretty sure the maintenance was from like 4-5am to 8am

Latest Posts

Back