1.03 available for download now

• Thread starter Obsidian-2
  • 221 comments
I'm in the US on the west coast and it's quarter past midnight here in Los Angeles. The servers should have been up already. Why are they still down?

I'm in the US on the west coast and it's quarter past midnight here in Los Angeles. The servers should have been up already. Why are they still down?
Probably still working on it. It's almost 2:30am for me. I would like to get my daily reward done at least.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_4522498.html
Update Details (1.03)
10/25/2017

An update for Gran Turismo Sport has been released. The following is a list of features:

Main Features
- Fixed an issue where repeatedly deleting your email address from [Options] > [Email Address] would cause the game to crash;
- Fixed an issue where participating in a Drift Trial with a car featuring an exterior livery created with a custom color chip (a color chip created in the Livery editor) would result in the game crashing after the result screen;
- Fixed an issue where excessive force feedback was applied when understeering using the THRUSTMASTER® T500RS steering controller;
- Fixed -an issue wherein the THRUSTMASTER® TH8A 'H pattern shifter' was not properly recognized when connected to a compatible steering wheel controller.

Other improvements and adjustments
- The controller steering sensitivity of the DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller has been increased in order to improve handling during oversteering and drifting;
- The adjustment range for a steering wheel controller's force feedback has been broadened: it is now possible to decrease maximum torque on steering wheels with strong motor torque.
- Various other issues have been addressed.

Thank you for your continued support and please continue to enjoy Gran Turismo Sport!

New tracks.

IMG_20171025_082652.jpg

You gotta love this game. Some servers seem to be working to let you download the update file but the game servers are not working at the very same time to allow you to play the game. Have these clowns ever heard about 24x7 server availability? it's been around for a few decades now.

Most online games such as Destiny, Battlefiled 1, GTA Online to name a few...they all obviously have maintenance and some games, big games have weekly maintenance, WOW always had it.
Not sure if THEY are clowns but you definitely never worked in IT or even came close to any server.

So has the controller oversteer been fixed?
how did you find out? everyone else says it is fixed, even changelog
The sensitive won't fix the counter steering problem, you still can't go more angle by controlling throttle without spinning out, or saving the oversteer, you guys can try drift with comfort hard with or without LSD, then will know what i mean.

The sensitive won't fix the counter steering problem, you still can't go more angle by controlling throttle without spinning out, or saving the oversteer, you guys can try drift with comfort hard with or without LSD, then will know what i mean.
crap... I have to try when I get home... :( any other's thoughts?

i hope they have fixed the drift events, game crash every time you use a garage car :(

also there are graphic errors(flickering black/white artefacts) in rear mirror cockpitview of bmw gr.4

i also found 2 cars without cockpit view! mini gr.x and toyota s-fr racing. :(((

crap... I have to try when I get home... :( any other's thoughts?
At least this is what i thoughts at the moment or this is the natural of the physic i don't know, but now i don't see the update improve effect, since i try to drift almost everyday since released, i don't feel the different at the moment.

But if this is the answer from PD, then i guess GT sport won't even have drifting subforum in the future too.

Damn, I wonder what the default setting of 5 is equivalent to now, anyone know?

Annoying they changed it. Only the T500 was having issues with it. My T300RS GT was fine.

No, T300 wasn't fine, it was too heavy. NOW it's fine.

No, T300 wasn't fine, it was too heavy. NOW it's fine.

No it wasn't. Set to the default setting of 5, it basically felt very realistic and akin to vehicles I drive. Perhaps you're driving vehicles in real life that have especially light and power assisted steering?

Force feedback sensitivity and maximum torque sliders haven’t changed, but the settings feel different, like if you were to cut the values in half. Feels weaker than before.

Ok you can say people should read the news, but come on this is an entertainment product on a games console. People just aren’t used to reading text from webpages like that.

Many games manage to flash up a warning and countdown on the player’s screen prior to making changes - PD must be able to manage something like that, particularly if they’re going the always online route.

I just set up the T300RS after patch v.1.03 (not having tried the wheel since the beta) and just had a good few races on most tracks and a mixture of cars. This is perfect, much more weight to the wheel and the feel on a tight Apex is great. No clipping in the centre and straight out the box so easy to drive.

I like a nice strong FFB and I have it on 7 and Sens. 3..Perfect for me. Rally tracks are great too, sliding and you soon get used to bringing the back end round.

I know quite a few are saying the physics in GTS are not realistic, but to me they Drive like real cars, nice slow inputs and it is FUN and very easy to master (Rather than 100 adjustments to just get round a track in a sim).

In real life your car (even RWD) does not spin out/fishtail unless you floor the throttle hard, hit a camber in the road/oil/wet patch and is easy to drive like all these cars are.

I like the feel and sound of the cars in this full game. I now will use the T300RS or the Motion control on DS4. 👍

No it wasn't. Set to the default setting of 5, it basically felt very realistic and akin to vehicles I drive. Perhaps you're driving vehicles in real life that have especially light and power assisted steering?

This has nothing to do with real life. FFB in other games has much more range of tweaking than it had in GTS.

Before patch ffb was clipping even on 1/1. Strong ffb isn't everything, it must be detailed and give you information about car behavior.

Latest Posts

Back