Votes: 132 17.7%
  • No, I'm not satisfied

Votes: 497 66.5%
  • I don't care either way

Votes: 118 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Simply, I thanked them for their work, I have told them that I trusted them and they have to continue like this :)

He will not answer me but I know he read the tweet.

What do you mean by "they have to continue like this" ?

FOV is supposed to represent a camera lens, so to speak, isn't it? A 50mm lens would be wider than a 100mm lens. GT6 does this backwards.
That was my understanding but maybe I'm wrong. FOV adjustment is a new thing to me.
You've got the two things mixed up. FOV-field of view. Higher is, well, more. Less mm is more FOV.

So the "positive" side characterizes the other side as an "endless circle jerk"? :lol: Quite ironic wouldn't you say?:lol:

Circle jerk is a figure of speech, it relates to the process, not the individuals.

And you're forgetting the group that calls anyone with legitimate complaints "whiners" and "cry babies". It goes both ways.

Except they started their own thread called 'epic whining and crying'. Participation would suggest they want to be categorised as whiners and criers. Who am I to deny them that?

Circle jerk is a figure of speech, it relates to the process, not the individuals.

Except they started their own thread called 'epic whining and crying'. Participation would suggest they want to be categorised as whiners and criers. Who am I to deny them that?

Who are you to go into complaint threads telling people what and where to post, is what I ask?

I posted in the thread, but didn't whine or cry. If anything, my post was off topic. Feel free to report the post.

Ok, posting is not participating ? ... I know English is my second language, but it can't be this bad ... I know your post was off topic, but you did participate. I don't care/want to reporting anything.

The same group that labels unhappy people as a "small vocal community". The irony is that recent polls showed they are actually the minority.

All I can see is 422 people, on a site with 200,000 members, say they are not satisfied.

That's less than 1%. That is a minority.

If the people that replied to the poll were democratically elected by all members as spokesman for the site, then it could be viewed as a majority. But this is not the case.

If gt6 didn't have the tyre bug then I would have been satisfied with this update BUT the fact that the game has a massive flaw that has not been fixed makes this update a fail IMO. If your going to modify something make sure it isn't broken first ;) major bugs like this should have the highest priority IMO.

Do you think every thread is a complaint thread? Can you show me where I have told someone what to post?

Yes, in the thread
"The new update..."

Any thread is open for people to share their opinions, yet you go in there and start applying justice by telling people where to post if you don't like their opinion. Have I missed something, are you a moderator? Not that they should be acting based on their appreciation for a personal opinion, but well, they do...

All I can see is 422 people, on a site with 200,000 members, say they are not satisfied.

If the people that replied to the poll were democratically elected by all members as spokesman for the site, then it could be viewed as a majority. But this is not the case.

Wow, you rally had to go deep in wonderland to fetch that argument. Is this how you vote in australia? If 2000 say nay, the rest of the population is considered to have said yae.

Face it, my friend, you are a shrinking minority of self-important defenders.

Alternative answer:

All I can see is 117 people, on a site with 200,000 members, say they are satisfied.

BAM

Last edited:
Yes, in the thread
"The new update..."

Any thread is open for people to share their opinions, yet you go in there and start applying justice by telling people where to post if you don't like their opinion. Have I missed something, are you a moderator? Not that they should be acting based on their appreciation for a personal opinion, but well, they do...

Do you mean the thread where the OP asked where he should post it, so I provided a link to the appropriate thread?

I'm sure you can do better than that, try harder. Perhaps you could tell us more about these rogue moderators?

You pointed to a thread where he can open a new thread? Or you were implying he shouldnt've started a thread, which is not your decision to make.

All I can see is 117 people, on a site with 200,000 members, say they are satisfied.

This is fun!

Edit: Oh damn, tree'd by Darth Invader. That'll learn me not to read the whole thread before replying. :)

You pointed to a thread where he can open a new thread? Or you were implying he shouldnt've started a thread, which is not your decision to make.

You are the one that mentioned the thread, how about you provide a link for those playing along at home, and I'll run through it in point form for you?

This is fun!

The rest is a silent majority. Your point is?

You are the one that mentioned the thread, how about you provide a link for those playing along at home, and I'll run through it in point form for you?

The rest is a silent majority. Your point is?

His point is that your statement doesn't have any kind of meaning whatsoever. Speaking only for GTP the poll has statistical validity. Considering 200,000 members, we are missing just a handful of votes for the results to be statistically valid on a 99% confidence level. And and by the way this also almost valid for the entire user base of 2,000,000.

Don't dismiss numbers only because you don't understand them. Unfortunately, that seems to be thing with you.

EDIT: When I think about it GTP is not a good sample for the entire GT6 population. It is a fairly good one for the more involved community word wide though. Many non-english speaking GT6 players don't voice their opinions here but I think the assumption that the answers would be similar in a similarly involved community in a different part of the world would be valid. Some people reporting of what they saw in other countries' boards seem to indicate that.

Last edited:
His point is that your statement doesn't have any kind of meaning whatsoever. Speaking only for GTP the poll has statistical validity. Considering 200,000 members, we are missing just a handful of votes for the results to be statistically valid on a 99% confidence level. And and by the way this also almost valid for the entire user base of 2,000,000.

Don't dismiss numbers only because you don't understand them. Unfortunately, that seems to be thing with you.

426 votes out of 200,000 members is actually less than half a percent. Which is also less than 1%, in case you were wondering.

Only 1574 votes before you hit 1%. Problem is, new members are joining at a faster rate than people are voting.

There are now 240,129 members

426 votes out of 200,000 members is actually less than half a percent. Which is also less than 1%, in case you were wondering.

Only 1574 votes before you hit 1%. Problem is, new members are joining at a faster rate than people are voting.

There are now 240,129 members

That doesn't matter. You don't need a full vote of the entire board to have a statistically valid result. Only about 655 are needed. Again, try to understand before you dismiss.

You need 5% to be statistically valid

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statistical_significance

Can you please explain which part I don't understand?

I don't want to start with a Statistics 101 course here but what you are referring to is the alpa-level. It is outside of your confidence interval (in my example alpha=1%). It is used to determine the sample size but in no way does it represent the sample size needed. You could also try using an online sample size calculator (there are plenty).

What I was saying in my post is that with 99% confidence we can say that the entire GTP user base thinks the same way as the results of the poll show. Granted we need a handful of more votes (~10).

I don't want to start with a Statistics 101 course here but what you are referring to is the alpa-level. It is outside of your confidence interval (in my example alpha=1%). It is used to determine the sample size but in no way does it represent the sample size needed. You could also try using an online sample size calculator (there are plenty).

What I was saying in my post is that with 99% confidence we can say that the entire GTP user base thinks the same way as the results of the poll show. Granted we need a handful of more votes (~10).

1% of 200,000 is 2,000 votes. Currently there are 646 votes.

And you are saying I don't understand numbers? Do we need to divide everything by 3?

EDIT: When I think about it GTP is not a good sample for the entire GT6 population. It is a fairly good one for the more involved community word wide though. Many non-english speaking GT6 players don't voice their opinions here but I think the assumption that the answers would be similar in a similarly involved community in a different part of the world would be valid. Some people reporting of what they saw in other countries' boards seem to indicate that.
The edit is what saved you there. :)

Just out of interest: now you're talking about 99% confidence; how large is your standard deviation then? I'm missing a calculation here.

1% of 200,000 is 2,000 votes. Currently there are 646 votes.

And you are saying I don't understand numbers? Do we need to divide everything by 3?

As I said before: the sample size is not the same as alpha. If I want 99% confidence I set alpha at 1% (100%-1%). Normally one would use 95% certainty but I explicitly wanted a higher confidence level.

If you are really interested in sample sizes, you can start reading here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sample_size_determination

The edit is what saved you there. :)

Just out of interest: now you're talking about 99% confidence; how large is your standard deviation then? I'm missing a calculation here.

I set it at 5%.

I realized the GTP sample problem just as I posted it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back