1.06 update coming april 7th!

• Thread starter danielc
  • 785 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
VBR
Whoa, groundbreaking stuff! Must update now...or not.
Since you play GT5, and hate GT6, is it fair to say that you play the game for updates rather than the thrill of racing/driving?

Not one single person can currently use the GPS Visualiser yet.
It's fairly groundbreaking technology that's being rolled out. I could see this completely changing racing games in the not too distant future.

I really don't think people fully understand the capabilities of the Visualiser. It will eventually benefit all players, even if they have no car or don't drive on tracks.

Quite right. While this update may only ever be accessed by a few hundred people at most, it is the first taste of things to come. I'd like to think that eventually something like this may allow us to download our daily travels and create a track in-game from that.

Since you play GT5, and hate GT6, is it fair to say that you play the game for updates rather than the thrill of racing/driving?

No. I play the game for the thrill of Shuffle Racing, which GT6 doesn't have. Also, I just can't stand the amount of jaggies/flickering/shimmering in GT6. There's the two main reasons why I still play GT5.

Came here to see what else the update had apart from the data logger. Custom wings? Are you :censored:ing kidding me PD?! That's going to keep me interested in GT6 for ages now! :banghead:
Another one! Yaaay...

How about me, and the others here, who really appreciate this feature? It's something i've really longed for.

I've said it before, and I can't be bothered typing it out again so i'll just quote it instead,
Is it fair to say that you play the game for updates rather than the thrill of racing/driving?
For those who moan about it because of the GPS, have you ever thought that you aren't the only GT player? PD doesn't revolve its updates around you. If you wanted something else, it might come. Just because it's a feature that you in particular won't enjoy doesn't mean an entire update is nullified.

I'll be willing to bet that we'll get everything by next month, as that is when the Senna content is scheduled to be released. They're most likely holding the rest of the content back to make next month's patch a Spec 2.0 update. Just a Theory, but could be true.

Today, an update has added three features promised by PoDi.

I completely trust Polyphony Digital for the future. They will reach their objective, I am sure, it's only a matter of time

One example among many others, Naughty Dog released their DLC for The Last of Us, 8 months after his release, knowing that they never corrected the bugs on story mode.

And I haven't heard many moan. So why should it be different for PoDi? Why, it should go faster in PoDi ?
The frequency of the update is quite normal, I would even say that it's higher than GT5.

When we see how they followed GT5, I don't really understand how anyone can doubt it :)

I completely trust Polyphony Digital for the future. They will reach their objective, I am sure, it's only a matter of time

One example among many others, Naughty Dog released their DLC for The Last of Us, 8 months after his release, knowing that they never corrected the bugs on story mode.

And I haven't heard many moan. So why should it be different for PoDi? Why, it should go faster in PoDi ?
The frequency of the update is quite normal, I would even say that it's higher than GT5.

When we see how they followed GT5, I don't really understand how anyone can doubt it :)
You, sir -

english-idioms-hit-the-nail-on-the-head.jpg

I'm not putting my full trust in PD for a while yet, but I am sure that GT6 will be complete within the month. It makes sense for B-Spec to be released alongside the Senna content because if you think about it, I remember the original statement saying something along the lines of "Trace the career of Aryton Senna". Now, does this mean we play as Senna (A-Spec) or we direct Senna (B-Spec)? Both would be nice, but I think you all can see where I am going with that one.

The real question is, how many people will still be playing the game once they do finally finish everything?
I am a sucker for racing content, so yes I will for sure.

I also always trusted PD to deliver the goods. The questin is WHEN?
The problem is the very low patience of some people. They want everything, and immediately.
But sadly PD are SLOW. Thats their big problem I think. Maybe its the difficulty to create stuff in the PS3 as they said. I hope in the PS4 everything will be easier.

It's the millions of casuals that keep the game alive though. The longer it takes to add the most wanted features the more people lose interest in the game and series. There is already evidence of this following GT5.

The problem is the very low patience of some people. They want everything, and immediately.
But sadly PD are SLOW. Thats their big problem I think. Maybe its the difficulty to create stuff in the PS3 as they said. I hope in the PS4 everything will be easier.
4 months is not "Immediately", far from it.

Another one! Yaaay...

How about me, and the others here, who really appreciate this feature? It's something i've really longed for.
Errr...good for you?... Do be quiet and read my post again, there's a good fellow. I'm not you. I don't appreciate this feature. Just because other people are fine with it doesn't mean I have to be too. I'm not complaining it exists. I'm not attacking those who like it. I'm complaining they're adding things before the problems we've already got are fixed. I want problems that have existed since day 1 solved and that isn't an unreasonable expectation. I would also like something to bring me back to playing GT6. A bunch of wings ain't going to cut it.

I feel like I've ordered my meal, I'm waiting on my starter, the waiter looks like he's bringing it over and all he has for me are breadsticks and water.

...oh well...I'll wait for the next update instead and GT6 can spend a little longer on the shelf for now.

Maybe its the difficulty to create stuff in the PS3 as they said. I hope in the PS4 everything will be easier. Maybe its the difficulty to create stuff in the PS3 as they said. I hope in the PS4 everything will be easier."

I thought one of the reasons GT6 was developed on PS3 was because of PDI's familiarity with the Cell broadband CPU? (The other reason being install base)

Errr...good for you?... Do be quiet and read my post again, there's a good fellow. I'm not you. I don't appreciate this feature. Just because other people are fine with it doesn't mean I have to be too. I'm not complaining it exists. I'm not attacking those who like it. I'm complaining they're adding things before the problems we've already got are fixed. I want problems that have existed since day 1 solved and that isn't an unreasonable expectation. I would also like something to bring me back to playing GT6. A bunch of wings ain't going to cut it.

I feel like I've ordered my meal, I'm waiting on my starter, the waiter looks like he's bringing it over and all he has for me are breadsticks and water.

...oh well...I'll wait for the next update instead and GT6 can spend a little longer on the shelf for now.
As I said, it seems as though you're living for the updates, which is pointless. If you do get an update, and then it isn't really to your liking, that doesn't nullify it for everybody else.

The real question is, how many people will still be playing the game once they do finally finish everything?

This is a racing game. We can very easily out of the closet.
And if PoDi uses this method of development, this means that it works, otherwise it would not do that.

I don't think they are slow.

Anyway, we will have to get used to because it is the way it will happen.

Yeah but now those arguments aren't working out for them (Low sales, more unfinished than the last game) people like to use the opposite argument.
I just want a PS4 version of GT6 at this moment in time. Yes, it is a great game already on PS3 but the PS4 is crying for a good racing game currently.

Not only to mention because of that reason the game would sell like hotcakes.

LOL please come on, PD are really slow, I say this as a HUGE GT fan. Just look at how many years they spent with GT5 + updates. And with GT6 and the updates they have spend a fairly big amount of time, considering the game is not all that much different.

This is a racing game. We can very easily out of the closet.
And if PoDi uses this method of development, this means that it works, otherwise it would not do that.

Anyway, we will have to get used to because it is the way it will happen.
Does it work? Sales and reviews suggest not.

As for not being slow, what exactly would you call it? They showed off and promoted features of the game like course maker LAST MAY. At best they'll finally be in the game a year later.

As I said, it seems as though you're living for the updates, which is pointless. If you do get an update, and then it isn't really to your liking, that doesn't nullify it for everybody else.
Seriously. You need to shut up before you make a complete and utter fool of yourself.

Let me be clear. I NEVER said, insinuated or inferred that MY not liking the new update IN ANY WAY effects anybody else. And yes, since there isn't enough content to hold my interest I am living for the next update to add something to increase the games life-span for me.

You're entire defense of the update revolves around "if some people like it - anyone who doesn't is wrong."

Now if you must quote me again, please either make it an apology for misunderstanding my point or something rather more objective and considered.

Don't trust reviews much. When you look at reviews from supposedly serious sites like IGN, where the reviewer is only a damn casual to racing games, he doesnt even mention the updated driving physics, not even once!!

Reviewers in general do rushed judgements (mis-judgements) that require quite a lot more time to analise and value) because they want to be the first to review the games, of course...

You were talking of the "release now, update later" approach, when I mentioned reviews I meant nobody saw that as being positive when they reviewed it.

Don't trust reviews much. When you look at reviews from supposedly serious sites like IGN, where the reviewer is only a damn casual to racing games, he doesnt even mention the updated driving physics, not even once!!

Reviewers in general do rushed judgements (mis-judgements) that require quite a lot more time to analise and value) because they want to be the first to review the games, of course...

Yeah they usually suck. But that's what the casual gamer reads and this is PD's new target group.

GT3 ~15 million
GT4 ~11.8 million

And then? GT4 is bad?

Sales, it means nothing. Especially since there was no pub from Sony, because of the PS4.

LOL please come on, PD are really slow, I say this as a HUGE GT fan. Just look at how many years they spent with GT5 + updates. And with GT6 and the updates they have spend a fairly big amount of time, considering the game is not all that much different.

That's your opinion, not mine.

Seriously. You need to shut up before you make a complete and utter fool of yourself.

Let me be clear. I NEVER said, insinuated or inferred that MY not liking the new update IN ANY WAY effects anybody else. And yes, since there isn't enough content to hold my interest I am living for the next update to add something to increase the games life-span for me.

You're entire defense of the update revolves around "if some people like it - anyone who doesn't is wrong."

Now if you must quote me again, please either make it an apology for misunderstanding my point or something rather more objective and considered.
My entire argument is based around people who express their feelings like this:

Came here to see what else the update had apart from the data logger. Custom wings? Are you :censored:ing kidding me PD?! That's going to keep me interested in GT6 for ages now! :banghead:
Nope, PD aren't kidding, because some will find it useful.

I'm not apologising to you because we share different viewpoints. That's sad and pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back