1.06 update coming april 7th!

• Thread starter danielc
  • 785 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
What has GT3/4 got to do with anything? You said the "release now, update later" approach worked, they didn't use that approach then. They used that starting in GT5 and followed it with 6, of which sales have tanked.

Pair numbers is not selling as well as odd numbers.

QED

If GT6 was full from the start, sales would be identical. I'm sure.

My entire argument is based around people who express their feelings like this:

Nope, PD aren't kidding, because some will find it useful.

I'm not apologising to you because we share different viewpoints. That's sad and pathetic.
Aaaaaaaaaaand I'm done with you. The ignorance- it's overwhelming. I refuse to go round in circles. Goodbye

GT2 and GT4 still sold very well. If the numbers we have for GT6 are true, that is not the case.

"Show off your cars" ? How when you cant even rotate the camera around the car in a 360º to follow others or watch your own car ? Always driving next to each other looking to the left and right? ...

"Show off your cars" ? How when you cant even rotate the camera around the car in a 360º to follow others or watch your own car ? Always driving next to each other looking to the left and right? ...
Sounds stupid, but the best way to do it is take it in to get repainted or get an oil change/car wash - gives you a nice clear 360 view.

Sounds stupid, but the best way to do it is take it in to get repainted or get an oil change/car wash - gives you a nice clear 360 view.

I want to do it like in any other racing game with my right analog stick in the gameplay and not watching it in the garage... :(

Well, I'm enjoying re-winging alot of my drift cars.

The data logger is cool, great for testing purposes. I'll be spending far too much time on this screen. (now bring back the live tyre load indicator!)

Visualiser is currently completely useless, as has been pointed out.

Fingers crossed the GPS based course creator is next on the list.

Just had a play with the custom wings on a Ruf BTR. Looks so much better than the generic options :)
image.jpg
Looking forward to seeing where this tweak-able customisation leads. I'd love to play with front splitters, rear diffusers and bonnet vents. This feature reminds me of NFS Autosculpt with less depth.

Last edited:
I was going to see if there was one.

The possibilities are endless! This thing has sparked up my interest in tuning again!

Not exactly something to draw people back in or make them buy the game, though.

That's how you have to look at these updates. The people who still play the game and will continue to do so no matter what, the updates aren't aimed at those people. You could stop updating the game, those people would be happy. No the people you need to please with updates are those that have either lost interest in the game and stopped playing or haven't even bought it yet, waiting for those killer features. This update is not going to satisfy those people, just as the last one didn't. The longer it goes on without interesting them, eventually they stop caring altogether.

As I've said before I'd love to get the numbers on those who updated GT5 to Spec 2.0. I bet it's a small percentage of those who bought the original, vanilla game.

Disappointed, simply because more important features are still missing. I am baffled by how GT5 had a very solid Community feature three years ago, yet GT6 still cannot, four months after release.

That said, the custom wing feature is hopefully a glimpse into the future of customisation in GT. It's a step in the right direction, at least.

It's the millions of casuals that keep the game alive though. The longer it takes to add the most wanted features the more people lose interest in the game and series. There is already evidence of this following GT5.

Take it to the epic whining and crying, that parade seems much more suited to you.

I'm tickled that we still haven't seen the second VGT.

They now have 8 months in which to release 27 cars, by my count. I'm sure looking forward to my 3-4 free cars a month. Given that we've had one in four months so far, we almost certainly will not receive the VGTs in time.

I don't see how it would be possible for Polyphony to put down the bong and do some actual work for a change. The car and track modelling team must be sitting in a permanent haze of dope smoke and crisp packets.

"Hey, man, I just finished that Mercedes thingy a few months ago. Quit harshing my buzz, killjoy."

They now have 8 months in which to release 27 cars, by my count. I'm sure looking forward to my 3-4 free cars a month. Given that we've had one in four months so far, we almost certainly will not receive the VGTs in time.

I don't see how it would be possible for Polyphony to put down the bong and do some actual work for a change. The car and track modelling team must be sitting in a permanent haze of dope smoke and crisp packets.

"Hey, man, I just finished that Mercedes thingy a few months ago. Quit harshing my buzz, killjoy."
That's true, and some admin hinted that the BMW was coming, and it has not been true... :odd:

I wonder if they can hit sort of the effective throughput of 120FPS like in GT5 with the 3D mode.

Why do you think it is up to PD only regarding the VGT cars, also this has nothing to do with 1.06 update. Finally the last part is quite disrespectful considering it is likely the polar opposite of what is situation at PD.

You were doing quite well until you accused PD of being lazy drug addicts.

Finally the last part is quite disrespectful considering it is likely the polar opposite of what is situation at PD.

I feel that PD has been quite disrespectful taking my money and then doing God knows what with it. Unless they feel moved to tell me otherwise, I shall speculate on what they are using their ill-gotten gains for. My speculations are unlikely to be complimentary.

You were doing quite well until you accused PD of being lazy drug addicts.

Hey, if you can show me that they're not then go for it.

I'm not saying that they are, it's just my speculation as to why they've done three fifths of bugger all since release. It fits what I can see, random features targeted at big spenders so they can go score again and "woah, man, look at how cool this is" features.

It's more fun trying to find pieces for that puzzle than add to the ever-increasing stack of "Polyphony are artistes", "the PS3 is really tough", "Sony are bastards", "you just don't understand Japanese business", "they're being revolutionary", and the rest of the dribble that is drawn up as justification for a game that has better physics, menus (hah!), and more content but is worse in just about every other objective way to it's predecessor.

I feel that PD has been quite disrespectful taking my money and then doing God knows what with it. Unless they feel moved to tell me otherwise, I shall speculate on what they are using their ill-gotten gains for. My speculations are unlikely to be complimentary.
I always thought PD were magical at what they do but didn't know they used their skill to rob people now.

Also there is a thread to post in: The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

Last edited:
The real question is, how many people will still be playing the game once they do finally finish everything?

What has GT3/4 got to do with anything? You said the "release now, update later" approach worked, they didn't use that approach then. They used that starting in GT5 and followed it with 6, of which sales have tanked.

Does it work? Sales and reviews suggest not.

As for not being slow, what exactly would you call it? They showed off and promoted features of the game like course maker LAST MAY. At best they'll finally be in the game a year later.

Yeah but now those arguments aren't working out for them (Low sales, more unfinished than the last game) people like to use the opposite argument.

I'm discussing the update so no, I think I'll post where I like rather than be shoehorned into one thread for the benefit of people who don't like what I say.

Ok, so which of the above posts are actually discussing the 1.06 update?

Oh, come on Jimi, it is Samus :D

He is simply elaborating his constructive criticism in a wider context, fully understandable only to those that are reading his complete post history and understand it within the complexity of his universal thought. He is more a theorist or philosopher.

It is unfair to post-quote him like that and de-contextualize his effort to explain issues he subjectively have with the game every single time, over, over, over and over again.

I'm glad the update includes 3D compatibility now. I was waiting use it on my 3D TV again.
Really?? That is great news! I was a bit disappointed when GT6 didn't have 3d, but GT5 did. Looking forward to checking this out. Custom rear wings is also very nice. Looking forward to checking that out too.

Reactions: Eks

Ok, fine, you win. Let's cut the forum right down, let's just have two threads.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-gt6-epic-whining-and-crying-thread.282208/
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-gt6-epic-praising-and-crying-tears-of-joy-thread.300306/

Because if all negativity must be directed to the first thread then all the positivity has to go in the latter, right? Sorted.

The Wing editor sounds awesome. Will have to dust off the PS3 tonight. 👍
If i would own GT6 that would be a part of this update i would enjoy also, i take it not many racing games have given you that option so far, so it's a small step forwards on an otherwise dark unknown path (the PD update path).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back