1.06 update coming april 7th!

• Thread starter danielc
  • 785 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, there was always TCS on but they made it stronger in an update and then returned it to it's regular strength in the next update.

It's fun because you can drive and slide around freely without having to worry about track walls or anything. It's just silly, relaxing fun.

No, it used to be 100% off. I think 1.03 it got turned back on :(

No, there was always TCS on but they made it stronger in an update and then returned it to it's regular strength in the next update.

It's fun because you can drive and slide around freely without having to worry about track walls or anything. It's just silly, relaxing fun.

Not really for me, but I can see it being fun for others who are into that type of thing....kinda like a mini free-roam.

Well, at least there is one thing that this update brings with it that I am totally excited for. :D

GT Academy We have added the [GT Academy 2014 ] to [SPECIAL EVENTS] area . It will be available online from the start of the qualifying April 21, 2014 . We are looking forward to your participation everyone a lot

The absolute best thing to come out of this update, in my opinion Even though its just news, I can't wait for it to begin. 👍

The hype begins! :D

Fine we get: the data loger, the gps visualiser, the 3D compatibility.
Still left: community, quick match race, b-spec, course maker and mobile devices.
Courage PD, u can make it. :)

Overall it obviously isn't a blockbuster update but the wing editor is a very welcome surprise.

The only thing that would make me more happy with the wing customiser is if it were possible to choose each sector's colour. Options like black, aluminium, carbon fibre, body coloured or wheel coloured would be pretty awesome.

Our first peace of true customisation is here and it shows a small step in the right direction, cheers PD!
u ll be able to do that in a further update.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Overall it obviously isn't a blockbuster update but the wing editor is a very welcome surprise.

The only thing that would make me more happy with the wing customiser is if it were possible to choose each sector's colour. Options like black, aluminium, carbon fibre, body coloured or wheel coloured would be pretty awesome.
and thin
Our first peace of true customisation is here and it shows a small step in the right direction, cheers PD!

Exactly my thoughts. I already was able to bring back a customization I did in GT5 and thanks to it, I was able to make the wing exactly like I wanted. Ironically, one of my first suggestions for GT6 was being able to have visual adjustment to the wings and I now actually have that 👍

No, it used to be 100% off. I think 1.03 it got turned back on :(

Source? I've had the game since launch and don't ever remember it being off. I've also been unable to find anything saying it was added. Update 1.04 made it so you could only go 25 mph or so but that was taken off soon after.

I have a video somewhere on my pc of a few of us playing in the middle of willow springs. not TC shown.
I think if you read the early threads when GT6 was released it was noted in them that you can drive off track without TC (I am sure the drift guys would be able to tell you this)

I have a video somewhere on my pc of a few of us playing in the middle of willow springs. not TC shown.
I think if you read the early threads when GT6 was released it was noted in them that you can drive off track without TC (I am sure the drift guys would be able to tell you this)

Yes, exactly. There were no restrictions at the start of the game, nor were there any in GT5.

In race type options i was looking to see if maybe shuffle was back and it doesn't look like it, but i noticed an option under race type called "cafe" . Does anybody know what this race type setting means?

I just logged in and I see no mention of GT Academy in the Special Events section, as suggested here:

Translated from the Japanese website and not on the English website - We have added the [GT Academy 2014 ] to [SPECIAL EVENTS] area . It will be available online from April 21, 2014. We are looking forward to your participation

Are we sure about this one? or am I missing something?

I dont get it. 2 new features that literally not one player can use? 🤬 you pd. That makes absolutely zero sence. When will this company give us sonething to play.

Can someone tell me how the data logger works please? Can i load any replay?

I dont get it. 2 new features that literally not one player can use? 🤬 you pd. That makes absolutely zero sence. When will this company give us sonething to play.
You cant "play" GT6? :lol:

Sooooo. Did PD fail? :D

I think yes. Neat little features like the wing customizer but mainly a huge useless feature nearly nobody at all can use which they apparently wasted months of time on. I don't think anyone would have complained if we only got the data logger, which is another GT5 feature... hence should take much less effort than creating that real world GPS visualizer.

This is the kinda stuff that's pretty cool to add later on if they think it's necessary but with half of GT5's key features still missing they got their priorities all wrong.

Can someone tell me how the data logger works please? Can i load any replay?

You can load your replay (fastest lap replay) and a reference replay of the same lap and compare the two.

You can load your replay (fastest lap replay) and a reference replay of the same lap and compare the two.
Thank you for the reply. Where do i get my fastest lap replays. In my gallery i have tons of replays. But in data logger it says no replay data.

some more update stuff:

- The strength of the "Real" option for the [Slipstream Strength] parameter within [Race Settings] when creating a room in [Open Lobby] has been weakened.

Very good news :) Little by little we will get there. I just hope they PD learn their lessons this time. We already went through most of this stuff with GT5. I fear when GT7 hits we will be back to rubber-banding and high slipstreams if history is any guide.

Next update please tackle the physics that lead to cars rolling too easily on RS tyres Mr PD forum spy.

Well, there aren't like dedicated off roading courses (now THAT would be cool)

Like all the off road courses that have always been in GT games?...

So a worthless wing creator and a data logger we never should have lost after gt4 in the first place.

That is not so great in my book. It feels like being a poor kid that can't afford the smallest of things all the other kids have, but hey at least your parents sobered up enough to lift their punishment and gave you back a toy they took for no reasonable reason.

👍 PD

I think yes. Neat little features like the wing customizer but mainly a huge useless feature nearly nobody at all can use which they apparently wasted months of time on. I don't think anyone would have complained if we only got the data logger, which is another GT5 feature... hence should take much less effort than creating that real world GPS visualizer.

This is the kinda stuff that's pretty cool to add later on if they think it's necessary but with half of GT5's key features still missing they got their priorities all wrong.
I see. Thanks for the reply. 👍 Figures that PD just doesn't care what we all want, but 'think' what we want without reading the fourms...

Yeesh, those names are laughable. Make Friends? Show Off Your Cars? Share Tips and Info? How old does PD think the playerbase is?

12 years or so until you get to 'cafe' then you realize we are 30 somethings playing chess and reading books outside an ice cream house in a bad hood lol.

That's the thing. They don't know, because they don't read the fourms. So I assume they believe we're children.
So they figured us children wanted a Data Logger and GPS Visualizer for our New Car Game 2014 Edition? :P

They got the wings part right, though. Ah, I'm kidding for the most part; with this stuff released and out of the way, I can now look forward to future updates, especially that May is approaching us. I hope they throw a ninja update at us to change those names, though... :boggled:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back