1.06 update coming april 7th!

• Thread starter danielc
  • 785 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
If i would own GT6 that would be a part of this update i would enjoy also, i take it not many racing games have given you that option so far, so it's a small step forwards on an otherwise dark unknown path (the PD update path).
The last similar thing I can remember is 'Autosculpt' from 2006-2009 Need For Speed titles. Man, that was an awesome tool!

The last similar thing I can remember is 'Autosculpt' from 2006-2009 Need For Speed titles. Man, that was an awesome tool!
Yup because a wing can destroy a car's look, so being able to fiddle around with the different parts that make it up sure helps a lot in getting it 'just' right. Nice easter present and to be fair: totally unexpected also.

I'll refrain from stating what still needs to be delivered with an update now, as to not ruin the positive mood here :lol:

What? That is the most convoluted logic...You're saying that PD is lying about the feature and that it's only for race car drivers because you need to own a certain car to use it? I am honestly stunned that you're taking this as buying a car for JUST a feature in GT6. You do realize that those cars are more than just an accessory for GT6 right? They even sell about 2,000 a month in the U.S. It's actually a pretty popular car at track days too.

This feature is (or will be) fully usable for someone who owns one of those cars and lives near a track in GT6. There are people who already have a FRS/BRZ that they already track. Thus making it usable for more people than just race car drivers. The train of thought that you're following is genuinely baffling.

My final "tantrum"...

All you thought reading my post is "this bman guy is an idiot", nothing more. I choose not to own this car and it's my fault? Then give a reasonable suggestion and you just dismiss it. You didn't read what I wrote and clumped me with the other "whiners". Nothing I quoted you saying I said. I will not to continue to have a discussion with someone or anyone who is not willing to understand another opinion, just bash them and make them look stupid publicly. You don't have to agree, just be reasonable and not a jerk. Enjoy the update. You or anyone who wants it has the final word....

Well got my hopes up. Guess I need to stop doing that. Was hoping for some gt5 features to be added into gt6... guess i'll still not play gt5 1/2.

I can't wait to try the spoiler editor. Thanks PD for something!
You be disappointed it is garbage it's the same spoilers we had before but you mix and match bits from what I call the fast and furious spoilers / custom anyone but the blind should avoid them like a flash eating virus.

Least the update included no auto t/c on track and ability to copy setting to another tune sheet these are positives

Does adjusting the wings geometry effect how well air flows over cars and how much downforce is capable? It would be interesting to see considering how much PD presented their new aero model.

Does adjusting the wings geometry effect how well air flows over cars and how much downforce is capable? It would be interesting to see considering how much PD presented their new aero model.

Doubt it be same as other custom wings I would assume , add a custom wing check pp remove then add user custom wing check pp , I almost certain it be exactly the same

I highly, highly doubt it. I'm pretty sure all rear wings have the same effect on the car no matter the size or shape

This would require live CFD, something that requires WAY too much computational power for a PS3. I doubt it could even be done effectively on the average gaming PC.

Source? I've had the game since launch and don't ever remember it being off. I've also been unable to find anything saying it was added. Update 1.04 made it so you could only go 25 mph or so but that was taken off soon after.
Source would be anyone who's had the game from day one, other than you. That's why you could off road on willow springs and do the ascari glitch so quickly. Then a patch came which forced on TCS and then another patch that slightly reduced TCS effect.

You be disappointed it is garbage it's the same spoilers we had before but you mix and match bits from what I call the fast and furious spoilers / custom anyone but the blind should avoid them like a flash eating virus.

Least the update included no auto t/c on track and ability to copy setting to another tune sheet these are positives
I don't think so. After trying it, it gives me so much to play with. I can make a wing look whatever I like now.

Also, please tend to your grammar.

This would require live CFD, something that requires WAY too much computational power for a PS3. I doubt it could even be done effectively on the average gaming PC.
Not necessarily, it could be done on a simple prebaked formula require only simple calculations. It doesn't need to be engineering accurate, it only needs to appear to be accurate.

Doubt it be same as other custom wings I would assume , add a custom wing check pp remove then add user custom wing check pp , I almost certain it be exactly the same

True, but haven't you noticed that downforce doesn't affect pp anymore in 6? (Unless they've changed that too with 1.06).

At least I can make most of my aftermarket winged cars look a lot better than they did before, though! :)

Not necessarily, it could be done on a simple prebaked formula require only simple calculations. It doesn't need to be engineering accurate, it only needs to appear to be accurate.

In a way, yes. You could give each combination of settings of the wing a certain downforce value.
This would however, be a very inaccurate way of doing this, because a wing only really is helpful when it is tailored to the shape of the car. Effectively, quite a few custom wings designs could have counterproductive effects if calculated realistically.

If they apply a generic formula, they are effectively making sure that only 1 or 2 wing designs would ever be useful in racing, which I am sure is not the intention, and also would not be in line with the rest of their design choices regarding tuning.

If they apply a generic formula, they are effectively making sure that only 1 or 2 wing designs would ever be useful in racing, which I am sure is not the intention, and also would not be in line with the rest of their design choices regarding tuning.
A generic formula could include only size, design, height and width and all the wings would be useful under a formula such as this. Not sure what you mean by not in line with the rest of their design choices. There is much about the game that is inaccurate or unrealistic like top speeds, backwards ride height tuning, camber not working etc. Adding some rear wings that may or may not have inaccurate downforce ratings through generic calculations seems like a trifle to me, so long as they display properly and actually work.

and GT6 will stay in the case.

This was completely worth the 2 months of no updates. A ricer wing customization tool and more useless features.

Unbelievable that R* is listening to it's fans more than PD.

and GT6 will stay in the case.

This was completely worth the 2 months of no updates. A ricer wing customization tool and more useless features.

Unbelievable that R* is listening to it's fans more than PD.
How many times do I have to say this - you're not the only person playing GT6. PD don't revolve their updates around you. There are a countless number of people more than perfectly satisfied with the game and the updates.

How many times do I have to say this - you're not the only person playing GT6. PD don't revolve their updates around you. There are a countless number of people more than perfectly satisfied with the game and the updates.
He's giving his opinion on the game same as you, I fail to see the difference and how the logic of "you're not the only person playing GT6" doesn't also apply to you, in which case your own post should be flamed like you are flaming @gtuned .

Here's an idea:idea: You share your opinion and he'll share his:idea:💡

He's giving his opinion on the game same as you, I fail to see the difference and how the logic of "you're not the only person playing GT6" doesn't also apply to you, in which case your own post should be flamed like you are flaming @gtuned .

PD doesn't revolve their updates around you either.
People really fail to see the difference between an opinion and just pointless bashing, because even if you don't like the update, you still have to accept that some may.

The people who come out with "PD aren't listening to us" are the people I have a problem with, because they're under the illusion that everybody wants precisely the same thing as them.

And lastly, but most importantly, there are far to many people "playing for the updates". If this is how you're going to spend your time, sitting and moaning until something that appeal to you pops up, then maybe resign to the fact that the game just isn't for you.

I don't think so. After trying it, it gives me so much to play with. I can make a wing look however I like now.

Also, please tend to your grammar.
One should be careful to mind their own, before criticising other's grammar. I've made that mistake before. :)

There are a countless number of people more than perfectly satisfied with the game and the updates.

And there are a countless number of people who are not.

You are keen to point out there are people who are happy with the update but remain unwilling to accept that some people aren't. Please stop jumping on everyone who has the slightest hint of negativeness to their opinion on 1.06.

It is perfectly reasonable to be disappointed with what it brought given the amount of time it has taken to get more content and features and the amount of bugs it has already (adding content inevitably brings yet more bugs). Why can't you understand that view?

For many people, having customisable wings isn't the greatest thing in the world and will not bring new people to the game or keep people's interest in it. The data logger is great but not many people will use it in the grand scheme of things. And the GPS Visualiser is an expensive gimmick at best.

I'm not having a go at you. I'm just trying to understand why you have a problem with those who aren't happy with the update for perfectly legitimate reasons and are simply expressing them.

You are keen to point out there are people who are happy with the update but remain unwilling to accept that some people aren't. Please stop jumping on everyone who has the slightest hint of negativeness to their opinion on 1.06.

It is perfectly reasonable to be disappointed with what it brought given the amount of time it has taken to get more content and features and the amount of bugs it has already (adding content inevitably brings yet more bugs) Why can't you understand that view?

For many people, having customisable wings isn't the greatest thing in the world and will not bring new people to the game or keep people's interest in it. The data logger is great but not many people will use it in the grand scheme of things. And the GPS Visualiser is an expensive gimmick at best.

I'm not having a go at you. I'm just trying to understand why you have a problem with those who aren't happy with the update for perfectly legitimate reasons and are simply expressing them.
Bam, this -

There are far to many people "playing for the updates". If this is how you're going to spend your time, sitting and moaning until something that appeal to you pops up, then maybe resign to the fact that the game just isn't for you.

I've coined the term "playing for the update".

A generic formula could include only size, design, height and width and all the wings would be useful under a formula such as this.

And would it not be the case that a larger wing would produce more downforce than a smaller one? In that situation only the largest ones would really see any use.

Not sure what you mean by not in line with the rest of their design choices. There is much about the game that is inaccurate or unrealistic like top speeds, backwards ride height tuning, camber not working etc. Adding some rear wings that may or may not have inaccurate downforce ratings through generic calculations seems like a trifle to me, so long as they display properly and actually work.

What I meant is that throughout the game, all the tuning options have a generic, similar effect, regardless of car it is applied to. See for examples the flat floor 'upgrade' and exhausts. They do exactly the same thing to every car they apply to. The 'standard' rear wing upgrades, same thing. It's very unlike PD to do a half-baked effort at differentiating these effects; if you ask me, a half-baked effect is no better than a generic one like we have now - see my previous post for my reasoning.

Bam, this -

I've coined the term "playing for the update".

That doesn't make any sense. People aren't "playing for the update", they're not playing the game because they feel it's flawed and not an enjoyable product (an opinion they're entitled to) and are instead waiting for an update that might make them put the disc back in.

That doesn't mean that the game isn't for them, it means the game isn't meeting their expectations based on things PD have mentioned and promised for said game nearly a year ago.

The issue I have is that some people will go to extreme lengths to show their displeasure at the game, when they don't attempt to get any out of it in the first place.

It's a bit like a conversation in another GT6 thread where somebody started an anti-PD rant because of the lack of a livery editor. In response to him, someone said - "It's like buying Lego Batman and moaning because you can't murder people in gory detail".

For this, people bought the game because of what they saw. If you are then throwing hissy fits about the lack of things on it, then what exactly made you get it in the first place?

And would it not be the case that a larger wing would produce more downforce than a smaller one? In that situation only the largest ones would really see any use.
Isn't that how it's supposed to work, less wing=less downforce? Not sure I'm following your logic. Won't people just use whatever wings they like anyway regardless of downforce?

The issue I have is that some people will go to extreme lengths to show their displeasure at the game, when they don't attempt to get any out of it in the first place.

For this, people bought the game because of what they saw. If you are then throwing hissy fits about the lack of things on it, then what exactly made you get it in the first place?
And this is different from you throwing hissy fits at people with differing opinions on the game how? I fail to see the difference (because there isn't one). Hysterical ranting is hysterical ranting, whether at PD for failing to live up to expectations or criticizing people for said hysterical ranting.

It's a bit like a conversation in another GT6 thread where somebody started an anti-PD rant because of the lack of a livery editor. In response to him, someone said - "It's like buying Lego Batman and moaning because you can't murder people in gory detail".

Yes, moaning about livery editors and other things not promised doesn't make much sense. What we are talking about here however are features PD promised for the game, and just perhaps that is why people bought it. Based on what PD said it would be able to do.

Personally I got the game as a gift for Christmas, played it for a few weeks before I decided it wasn't worth my time, I'm not an online gamer and the offline portion of the game was very poor, the AI and career mode. That doesn't mean the game isn't for me, it means the same components I did enjoy in older games either got worse or didn't move on at all. My enjoyment of racing games hasn't changed, Gran Turismo 6 just doesn't do it very well.

So yes, now I'm just keeping an eye on the updates incase anything makes me want to give it another try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back