1.14 handling changes?

• Thread starter feydrautha
  • 141 comments

Do you think the physics have changed in the 1.14 Update?

• Total voters
It may have been a power slide, but either way, you get the point. There's definitely a change in loss of traction with FR's and MR's. I was just making the separate point that the maxed Viper still loses traction with the grippiest tires in the game (:eek:), and then I tied it back into the point that FR physics are different with the update because it doesn't anymore.

I Think this is a topic i am going to step away from, as it will always endsdirty with yes it does no it don't replys and i rather not get into that. Maybe @Johnnypenso could add a simple yes or no poll and let votes decide and avoid some head clashing :cheers:. I do understand your points lxm3500 👍

I believe physics get improved after each update. If this can be felt or not, is just a question of what have been changed.

The cars i drove after 1.14, didn't felt diferent, but they seem to be better overall.

I did some drifts with the M4 and others, with comfort hard, and there was no difference on that aspect.

I Think this is a topic i am going to step away from, as it will always endsdirty with yes it does no it don't replys and i rather not get into that. Maybe @Johnnypenso could add a simple yes or no poll and let votes decide and avoid some head clashing :cheers:. I do understand your points lxm3500 👍
Poll added, don't know how I forgot that!👍 An opinion thread without a poll is like a Canadian without a toque...everybody has one and it keeps your ears warm:sly:

NOTE: While you certainly can post generalities, I think we'd all be served better if you left some details in your post as to which tire/car/track/level/on or offline/driving aids combinations you are trying that have made you conclude anything one way or another about the physics. Just posting, "I think they've changed" is of course acceptable, but doesn't allow an interested observer to repeat your experience and see for themselves what is happening with your particular combo.

Last edited:
It might be worth quickly changing the poll again to account for controller differences, broadly.
Unfortunately now that people have voted I can't change the original categories, I can only add them. Can't see how to work in wheel/ds3 in a meaningful way. Next time:lol: I predict a landslide for "placebo" and a smattering of the rest.

Seems like we have at least a partial answer to this in the Pitstop Blog:

First, adjustments will be made to the events made in the image of the popular GT3 category races. The tire limitation will be raised from Hard tires to Soft tires, and the application of Skid Recovery Force has also been revised, making it more controllable for both beginners and expert

And that's why this is so important when posting in a thread like this:
NOTE: While you certainly can post generalities, I think we'd all be served better if you left some details in your post as to which tire/car/track/level/on or offline/driving aids combinations you are trying that have made you conclude anything one way or another about the physics. Just posting, "I think they've changed" is of course acceptable, but doesn't allow an interested observer to repeat your experience and see for themselves what is happening with your particular combo.

It's too late to change the poll now but it's kind of moot at this point, now that we know SRF has changed, the poll would have more meaning if it was restricted to non-SRF users only, since we know that it definitely has changed, supposedly for the better, with SRF.

Last edited:
I feel nothing (no goth btw). The tires I use vary from Comfort 2 to Sport Soft, but I mostly used Sport Hard.

Dfgt user here.

I run an endurance serie on stock cars and i train with same car like 6 to 8 hours per week. I clearly feel something different, i think that is more concerning wheel to car feedback; times are basically the same, car feels easier to control in slides, feel "heavier and more planted on the ground".

I alway train and race in online rooms, no aids beside abs, sessions of 2 hours each. I use untuned, stock BRZ if that can be of help.

I think they might have changed a bit ffb on the dfgt on some cars?

Edited: i run on race hards only

the only real difference that I noticed in the driving was that the sound in the cockpit has changed so it sounds much more muffled.

I tune my cars online mainly but also tune offline. I use whatever tires come with the car for the most part but also have done tunes with everything from CH to SH depending on the HP/PP of the car. I use no aids in my tuning except for ABS 1, but I have tuned a few cars with ABS 0 if I'm feeling adventurous. :lol: I also have 3 of Ridox's replicas which I take out and drive daily. So I will say again, after I have given you this information, I have noticed absolutely no change in physics or any change in the handling of any of my cars. I have tested all types of drivetrains since this update as well as some other testing, so at least for my piece of mind, I feel 100% confident when I say nothing has changed. I'm just not feeling it.

EDIT: Just for the record, I am using a G27 wheel with a brake mod as can been seen in my sig. Also, and not trying to sound elite here or in any way make what I say/believe as fact, but I put many, many miles in each and every day testing/tuning/practicing all types of cars on all types of tires so if there was a change, I would think I would be one person who would notice it.

Last edited:
I noticed it was a lot easier to drift my C3 Corvette with my wheel, but that might just be because I changed the tune a little bit

Unfortunately now that people have voted I can't change the original categories, I can only add them. Can't see how to work in wheel/ds3 in a meaningful way. Next time:lol: I predict a landslide for "placebo" and a smattering of the rest.

Seems like we have at least a partial answer to this in the Pitstop Blog:

And that's why this is so important when posting in a thread like this:

It's too late to change the poll now but it's kind of moot at this point, now that we know SRF has changed, the poll would have more meaning if it was restricted to non-SRF users only, since we know that it definitely has changed, supposedly for the better, with SRF.
what you quote from pitstop is (from what i understood) only related to quickmatch
it just say that now, srf is turned on in quickmatch
and for the "bop", where some (like me) maybe expected some pp recalculations on some cars like the ferrari dino
no,no ..
it's just, once again, for quickmatch
they made a better line up of cars for a more fair race
every experimented GT6 player know which car to choose to maximize the chance to win in a quickmatch
if he ever tried to and be able to successfully start in one of those races ...

As above its literally saying the GT3 event in quick match will now be on racing soft with SRF enabled.

BoP is interesting but that's for another thread...

[edit]SRF is off right now but cars are on racing soft[\edit]

Last edited:
what you quote from pitstop is (from what i understood) only related to quickmatch
it just say that now, srf is turned on in quickmatch

and for the "bop", where some (like me) maybe expected some pp recalculations on some cars like the ferrari dino
no,no ..
it's just, once again, for quickmatch
they made a better line up of cars for a more fair race
every experimented GT6 player know which car to choose to maximize the chance to win in a quickmatch
if he ever tried to and be able to successfully start in one of those races ...

That's exactly the way I see and understand it also.

I would also like to say this. I really think that people are hoping/wishing for the best with each update thus creating this placebo effect that some are experiencing, in my opinion. Also, and again in my opinion, with physics being an obviously big part of the game, I would think if there was a change across the board, PD would have announced as much in their notes. Also, add to the fact, that this was not widely discussed until a few days ago, well after the update. If there was indeed a change, I think it would have been noticed right away by more than just the 1 or 2 people that made this claim in the first place. Sorry and don't mean to sound so harsh, but I'm just not buying into this claim of a physics change.

Last edited:
Yep, I agree the SRF sentence was purely a reference for QM.

My initial reaction when I read "... and the application of Skid Recovery Force has also been revised, making it more controllable for both beginners and experts." was that they would now allow an option to switch it on or off, and not be locked either way.

Regarding the physics, I've felt no changes.

I didn't feel anything different from the update physics wise. I'm still running the same lap times in my usual car/track combos and the data I've analyzed from before and after the update looks about the same

I think something has been tweaked but cant put my finger on it exactly.
I think the pro's of the game won't notice it because there already good at controlling a car especially with a wheel.
But me a mediocre player with a ds3 has noticed that I can atleast catch a 1000bhp FR monster before I hit anything, unlike in version 1.13.

Version 1.13 pagani zonda r, racing hards, no aids, no chance.
Version 1.14 pagani zonda r, racing hards, no aids, slight chance :)

P.S. the cars a beast but I love it :)

I think the pro's of the game won't notice it because there already good at controlling a car especially with a wheel.
But me a mediocre player with a ds3 has noticed that I can atleast catch a 1000bhp FR monster before I hit anything, unlike in version 1.13.

I would like to point out that even though I do use a wheel, I am far from being a pro here and my observations are from just an average player, albeit one that puts a lot of time into a game, that does not make me a pro by any means.

Nah, it was 3:00 AM here and I couldn't get to sleep (and therefore was not thinking properly), so looking back at my post, yes it was indeed a power slide. Either way, I've noticed a major physics change in FR's and a minor change in MR's. In terms of drifting, I think it's safe to say everything's actually the same (except for entry, which on my end is noticeably more difficult), but in terms of racing, I think it's a nice change so that MR's are still difficult to drive, but now at the very least tameable. BTW sorry if I offended you, I meant nothing by it. :D

the only real difference that I noticed in the driving was that the sound in the cockpit has changed so it sounds much more muffled.
I know, right?! My Hellcat Charger (replica) now sounds like 🤬 in the interior view. However, in other cars, it's much more realistic, and I imagine it would make replays a lot more convincing.

Anyway, speaking of physics changes, I've noticed that brakes seem to fade quite heavily now. Then again, I was using the Viper on Sierra (her name is Veronica, BTW), so I suppose brake fade is a thing now. I mean, I used to be able to slow down enough for most hairpins on Sierra more than adequately before, now I have to either focus and change my braking points, or eat invisible guardrail.
Has anyone noticed anything with the RUF's yet?

I would like to point out that even though I do use a wheel, I am far from being a pro here and my observations are from just an average player, albeit one that puts a lot of time into a game, that does not make me a pro by any means.

Sorry Cargoratt I wasn't singling you out for your observations & I do agree people can be average with a wheel.
I just think PD might have done something regarding the DS3 input only that makes some of the cars a bit more drivable, a bit like the FFB issue that only affected wheel users. But like I said a pro might not feel it like us average players.

I was told about that so I checked it out. This is when I noticed something odd that may be what has brought up the physics debate. Prior to 1.14, I didn't perceive a difference in control between bumper camera and interior camera. Now, when you switch back and forth, there is a noticeable difference, with the interior view having a smoother feel to it. I can't say it's a physics change though. It seems to me to be more of a camera damper.

Sorry Cargoratt I wasn't singling you out for your observations & I do agree people can be average with a wheel.
I just think PD might have done something regarding the DS3 input only that makes some of the cars a bit more drivable, a bit like the FFB issue that only affected wheel users. But like I said a pro might not feel it like us average players.
Which is definitely something I appreciate, even though I really want to buy a DFGT soon. But until I find somewhere to mount it, I'm stuck with the DS3.

Well decided to take the Stratos out for a spin to verify this, still no chance

I just think PD might have done something regarding the DS3 input only that makes some of he cars a bit more drivable, a bit like the FFB issue that only affected wheel users. But like I said a pro might not feel it like us average players.

No problems, just wanted to point that out and make things clear from my side. Just trying to give as much info as possible which is why I'll also add this bit. In another thread, it was mentioned that I said all of my tunes were maxed out which is not the case at all. I tune for specific PP (time trials) and I also tune just adding suspension, LSD, and transmission...no power add ons. I also drive cars in their pure stock form, not even an oil change. It was suggested in that other thread that the reason I haven't noticed any physics change is because my tunes are maxed out which couldn't be further from the truth. Very rarely do I max out a tune with all power upgrades unless I need to, to match the PP limit. I prefer just to tune with non power upgrades and that is what most of my garage consists of. Hope this clears things up for that member that insisted I said all of my tunes were maxed out. :)

Well, I use a ds3, no aids except abs on modern cars (it comes off on old ones).

I can promise you, all of the cars I've driven handle the same. They run the same lap times, have the same braking points, the rear kicks out in the same spot it always has...

I'm 100% positive the physics haven't changed, at least not on the:

Lotus Evora '09.
1969 Camaros.
1954, 1963, 1969, and 2014 Corvettes.
Audi R8.
Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and RUFs.
Mach 1, GT350, and GT500.
Mercedes C63 AMG.
M5.

And probably more I forgot about.

Ah, the poll was changed after I'd loaded the page, but before I'd voted. So when I submitted my vote, it suddenly applied to a different answer... Thankfully I could change it.

For some reason, I thought that meant the poll could be changed whenever (I was probably still confused by my answer mysteriously shifting); good to know in any case. :D

I'd personally have put "yes DS3", "yes wheel", ... , "no DS3", "no wheel" etc. Experience tells us changes can be made per peripheral, though, which is probably too far. As it stands, it's more like a social experiment, which is fun. :dopey:

Last edited:
I haven't done a poll in a while so I didn't realize there was an "edit" function. But it looks like if no one has voted you can alter the options and their descriptions, but after people have voted, you can only add new options to vote on.

I haven't done a poll in a while so I didn't realize there was an "edit" function. But it looks like if no one has voted you can alter the options and their descriptions, but after people have voted, you can only add new options to vote on.

I think Jack is back. :sly:

Latest Posts

Back