1.14 handling changes?

• Thread starter feydrautha
  • 141 comments

Do you think the physics have changed in the 1.14 Update?

• Total voters
I had a few runs in free run with some cars I use a lot and I think you could be right. There doesn't seem to be too much of a difference though, if anything I thought they seemed to be a bit more sensitive than normal. I didn't have much of a change in laptimes but I did think they were turning in a bit quicker than before.

Feels the same for me. I'm very sensitive to handling changes so I'll know straightaway within 2-3 corners if something's up :lol:

A few members have posted in the Undocumented Changes thread that they believe the physics have been altered in the 1.14 update. The following post from @RUSTEDFALCON who is certain a massive change has taken place. The following gives you the gist of the discussion and feel free to discuss this at your leisure:

Deffo the 4WD, and FR, not tried the FF though. When the FR break loose they are now easier to catch/counter. countering over-steer before was pretty tricky and you kinda had to lift off the throttle to avoid that spearing off in the direction you were counter steering in when the car was going to flick back straight. but now its much more forgiving, you can keep the throttle fully open and catch the over steer. The fully upgraded nissan r35 gt3 is massively different, in fact all the fully upgraded gt3 cars feel massively better and more realistic than they did before. Its as though they kinda settled that hard to deal with pendulum effect down. The cars deffo feel more realistic. the down force on the rear wing of the fully upgraded gt3 cars has massively increased.
I mentioned it on you tube and got a reply from someone who said "i don't think there is any change to the physics" i went to reply to him and he had removed his comment, lol. I am presuming he isn't sure now. Guys, i am sticking to my guns big time on this one, The cars handle differently now, and to me they feel bigger, more stable, and much less twitchy. I only raced stock set cars in gt6 since i bought the game, as i hated the fully upgraded cars in this title for being so sligshotty, but now i love the upgraded cars, more than the stock set cars. How has that happened over night?

Does it not say "the true to life feeling of racing has been improved so you can enjoy the new track even more" in the update info? something like that anyway. I will put a million dollars on it that no one can find solid proof to disprove what i am stating to be the case here. We need to ask the big man himself. I deffo think that most if not all people who play this title are using wheels, wonder if its more noticeable when using controller. I will try it with wheel tonight.
Just for the record, i am highly, HIGHLY critical when it comes to racing game physics, and think gt6 was always good but not mind blowing. Since the update this feels like a completely new, faaaar better title to me now, it now feels like VERY accurate simulation to me, right up there with other high rated sims i know. .I also noted that cars when spinning appear to be spinning round much slower than they did before. Like i said, they feel bigger and heavier, less toy like.

First question I would have is, what other sims do you know and what are you now comparing GT6 to that you think it's now a "VERY accurate simulation up there with other high rated sims [you] know"?

Mmmm, not so sure of any changes to the physics myself. Have a heap of guys that league race and practice most nights and none of them are of the opinion there have been any changes.....(some drivers with VERY good credentials like Dan holland and warrior, MINT GTR to name just a few)

I cant compare them to any other console games, so cant comment on that, but changes post update, none that we can see.

I do not believe the physics have changed in any way. All my cars still feel the same. Like I said in that thread, I had a quick discussion with some of the guys from FITT and each of them agreed, there has been no change. That is also the general consensus of people I have mentioned it to, that they also haven't noticed any change. You quote one person believing something has changed like we are supposed to take his word for it just because he says so. :lol: Like I said before, whether there was a change or not, this type of thing is nearly impossible to prove one way or another. Makes for a good discussion/debate I guess, but in my opinion, we'll never know for sure if there was a change unless PD themselves comes out and says so. Since there are those few so far that claim there was a change, its going to be up to them to provide proof, which like I said, is kinda impossible to do with this subject. That's my two cents. :cheers:

I've been doing a lot of testing on various cars the past few weeks and I don't think a thing has changed. I'm calling the usual update placebo.

I'm thinking that it could be a more pronounced inconsistent than before. At times the cars have tons of grip, other times it's like driving on ice.

My brother has had the issue offline as well as online.

I definitely think the physics were changed, my NASCARs handle completely different now. They seem to get more wheel spin now, which I set them up so they wouldn't do that. All this information is from road courses not ovals by the way)

His comment that skid recovery (not SRF) is easier kinda rings true with me. I've always had difficulty recovering when my wheel is in 900° mode, but lately I've been saving myself from situations that would have been certain death a month ago.

I can't say I've noticed other physics changes, but I am definitely surviving oversteer situations that I probably would not have before.

It does say,and i quote "the true-to-life feeling of racing have improved even further,allowing you to enjoy japan's famed circuit on a new level of realism."Just check the patch notes on the in-game news feed.

"Does it not say "the true to life feeling of racing has been improved so you can enjoy the new track even more" in the update info?" << Couldn't find this anywhere in the update info page on GranTurismo website.

If some players feel any difference, could they tell us what exactly is different ? .. Is it the tires and how they feel ? .. Suspension (which part) ? .. How the surface feels ?

When I was doing the BMW Seasonal on Daytona, I noticed that the turn-in wasn't as sharp compared to when I drove it in Spec 1.13... and like the seasonal, I was using sports hard. So @RUSTEDFALCON may be right...

I have been testing a lot of different cars lately, and I have not notice any change using a G27 wheel.

It does say,and i quote "the true-to-life feeling of racing have improved even further,allowing you to enjoy japan's famed circuit on a new level of realism."Just check the patch notes on the in-game news feed.

Since they are talking about Suzuka here, I'm pretty sure they are talking about the improvements they made to the track and how it is more realistic now, more "true-to-life" than it was before. Nothing to do with any physic changes in the game, just that they updated the track for a more realistic racing experience.

Since they are talking about Suzuka here, I'm pretty sure they are talking about the improvements they made to the track and how it is more realistic now, more "true-to-life" than it was before. Nothing to do with any physic changes in the game, just that they updated the track for a more realistic racing experience.
More than likely,i'm not claiming any changes nor do i deny any,just posting the quote and where it can be found,as it was mis-quoted by @RUSTEDFALCON 👍;)

To me as a ds3 player it seems easier to catch oversteer as others said, but guys, what if they actually corrected the tyres?

i am a Ds3 user and quite a good drifter normal get 15-25 thousand points at tbsuka i feel nothing absolutely nothing new

I always have had problems with catching the car when oversteering, but I have not been in a similar situation in 1.14.

Maybe a drifter could help out with that 💡
Definitely a lot harder to maintain a slide in this update. I tried the seasonal in the M4, and I could barely get the thing to slide. And when I try to drift with my maxed Viper ACR with RS tires (sounds impossible, but I used to get the back end out all the time), it no longer seems to want to slide at all, though that would only make sense. :lol: Seriously, though, I hope I don't have to retune all of my drift cars...

Definitely a lot harder to maintain a slide in this update. I tried the seasonal in the M4, and I could barely get the thing to slide. And when I try to drift with my maxed Viper ACR with RS tires (sounds impossible, but I used to get the back end out all the time), it no longer seems to want to slide at all, though that would only make sense. :lol: Seriously, though, I hope I don't have to retune all of my drift cars...

I think you were power sliding not drifting on them racing softs buddy there is a technical diffrence

I think you were power sliding not drifting on them racing softs buddy there is a technical diffrence
It may have been a power slide, but either way, you get the point. There's definitely a change in loss of traction with FR's and MR's. I was just making the separate point that the maxed Viper still loses traction with the grippiest tires in the game (:eek:), and then I tied it back into the point that FR physics are different with the update because it doesn't anymore.

Latest Posts

Back