1.14 handling changes?

• Thread starter feydrautha
  • 141 comments

Do you think the physics have changed in the 1.14 Update?

• Total voters
What are your DS3 settings at? How do you go from noticing drastic changes 3 days ago to not as much now?
I'm on a wheel and I feel no difference.
As i have played it every night since the update its becoming the same as the new sounds are, i'm not noticing the sound changes now. You get used to it. I barely notice the new sound now. But obviously when i first played the 1.14 version of the game the sound changes REALLY stood stood out and were massively obvious.

My settings are never touched on the DS3. Never used any of the aids and never alter any settings.
I have no steering help or anything like that switched on.
Do you know if its possible to un-install updates separately?
I looked but don't think i can do it. I really want to try the game without 1.14.
There are cars that i could not drive well in gt6, but now i can drive them really well. I don't get that ???
I always used to spear off in the opposite direction when counter steering if i didn't always lift off the throttle but now i can catch the car and i am also staying on full power. i play the game for a good few hours every night since release day. It was like even the slightest counter steer would punish me with the tank slapper thing, but now its not happening anywhere near as much. Its like i can move the stick further over to catch a slide. Before 1.14 i had to be unbelievably light or delicate on the stick when countering over steer or it was game over.

I use mount panorama as my test track and every car i have tuned does not drive like it did before the 1.14 update. I spent the last few weeks golding the senna events and i thought that had threw off my rhythm but now after reading this thread im not so sure. I use a DS3, maybe a change did happen to the controller settings....

@RUSTEDFALCON, or anyone who can answer definitively:
Is it possible that PD ghosted in an update to the DS3 settings in 1.14? Is it possible that part of their wheel upgrade didn't just effect the wheel but the interface between all input devices and the game?

What you're describing sounds more like a change to input interpretation than a physics change.
That's actually a good call.

After the update, the first thing I noticed, even before the sound was that my cars seemed to turn in a bit quicker than before, but I would expect if this was a physics change that the rear would be effected in some way too but there was no real change there for me. And again, with a physics change I would have expected to see some differences with laptimes, which I did not.

I think that makes a lot more sense @Ronald6.👍

I've tested every drivetrain since the update, driven cars with and without aero, driven races, driven rally and driven drift, I still can't find a single notable difference.
From the descriptions of "changes" it sounds just like a placebo effect, you've convinced yourself there is a difference and created one as a result

Last edited:
Completely new physics. No doubt about it. If anyone has a really dialed in tune for a track and a ghost to race against, I challenge them to take a crack at racing against it.

No doubt that having a great tune and/or being able to drive fast/consistent will help with identifying the differences. I mean, if someone has a tune that never really drove nice in the first place, then there's nothing to be messed up by change of physics.

To be honest, it was two cars on RH tyres that I really noticed the difference with, so if not completely new physics, then at the very least some very real changes.

There seems to be something new with physics, it think it is something to do with inertia/momentum etc.

Things I am noticing are:
  • fishtailing a car now is easier.
  • a car out of control comes to rest faster.
  • wheels spin up now in powerful cars on exit of corners. (simply short shifting is less effective)
  • a more gradual application of throttle required on powerful cars.
  • LSD is changed. Strange wheel sounds while on throttle in corners and other strange sounds when change to coasting (not just sounds but effects too)
  • fast changing of direction is more restricted.
  • the way a car changes which tyres are loaded (during braking/turning/accelerating) has changed.
  • kerbs/bumps are changed. Cars more likely to feel floaty or get bounced or wander from a straight line going down a straight.
Can't say for sure if any settings are directly changed or tuning changes are needed to adjust to other game changes (like DS3 changes, tyre changes, track surface changes etc)

Edit: and now, for the first time, online physics feel even remotely reasonable. They seem very very close to offline physics or even identical.

Last edited:
Completely new physics. No doubt about it. If anyone has a really dialed in tune for a track and a ghost to race against, I challenge them to take a crack at racing against it.

No doubt that having a great tune and/or being able to drive fast/consistent will help with identifying the differences. I mean, if someone has a tune that never really drove nice in the first place, then there's nothing to be messed up by change of physics.

To be honest, it was two cars on RH tyres that I really noticed the difference with, so if not completely new physics, then at the very least some very real changes.

There seems to be something new with physics, it think it is something to do with inertia/momentum etc.

• wheels spin up now in powerful cars on exit of corners. (simply short shifting is less effective)
  • LSD is changed. Strange wheel sounds while on throttle in corners and other strange sounds when change to coasting (not just sounds but effects too)
  • the way a car changes which tyres are loaded (during braking/turning/accelerating) has changed.
  • kerbs/bumps are changed. Cars more likely to feel floaty or get bounced or wander from a straight line going down a straight.
Can't say for sure if any settings are directly changed or tuning changes are needed to adjust to other game changes (like DS3 changes, tyre changes, track surface changes etc)
The thought about inertia might explain why I felt as if the cars sway a little more. Sadly I deleted most of my old replays to make room for testing MoTeC scenarios.:ouch:

In arcade mode,professional level has some change in physics on the limit.The cars are less forgiving than before at least with my settings,it"s a step in the right direction. 👍

Edit: and now, for the first time, online physics feel even remotely reasonable. They seem very very close to offline physics or even identical.
I agree with all the individual points you listed there mate.
I felt every single one of them myself.
I feel some cars that i hated driving before because of the vicious, aggressive snap back after countering a slide are now a lot of fun. Regarding racing round the tracks in time trial It always felt like i could never really "get on with it". It now feels like i can really get on with some aggressive time attack, like i can really power the cars hard out of tight bends. The Stock Ferrari 599 was a car i really had to nurse around tracks before. Now i can throw the thing round corners on full power and catch it really easily when it starts slipping.

I've try it with DS3 at Apricot Hill with the sensitivity differences. 0 then 4 or 7 . If the event is seasonal and gold is your target, you will feel the different.. Just like the steering degree, depends on what car are you driving..

I've try it with DS3 at Apricot Hill with the sensitivity differences. 0 then 4 or 7 . If the event is seasonal and gold is your target, you will feel the different.. Just like the steering degree, depends on what car are you driving..
Something thats still standing out to me. Before the update, if i was countering a power slide out of a tight corner and kept the car on the rev limiter in either 1st or 2nd gear the car would end up spearing off in the opposite direction unless i quickly came off the throttle and re-centred the steering, but now after the update if i do the same thing, the car doesn't spear off in the opposite direction after bouncing off the rev limiter in either 1st or 2nd gear. Its like the back end is a lot more stable through 1st and 2nd gear. Before the update if i stay on full throttle in first gear and kept it on the rev limiter the back end would be like a pendulum swinging from left to right. But now it kinda stays out to one side then comes back in line. Specially with a car like the stock Huayra. Used to stay on the rev limiter in 1st and the back end would endlessly swing about, but now it doesn't. It comes to rest.

Completely new physics. No doubt about it.

@MrGrado something is bothering me. If PD introduced completely new physics, why would they hide it in an update. Why wouldn't they celebrate that big of a change and just announce it within the update? I know that PD does wacky, poorly planned things, but completely new physics just does not compute for me.

I am not taking sides on this yet. I have not had much playing time in 1.14 yet. In the time that I have played, when I use my favorite tunes with my G27, I don't feel any difference. But every so often I don't feel like dragging the chair over to the TV so I play using the DS3 and I could be convinced that it is easier to catch the car. Is this really happening or do I feel it because people have mentioned it. I simply have not played hours and hours with the DS3 like I have with the G27.

The other thing that is floating around in my head is that 37 people have currently voted in the pole that yes, something definitely changed. Nineteen percent of respondents feel some change. So something must have changed, but I am not yet convinced that PD released completely new physics.

@MrGrado something is bothering me. If PD introduced completely new physics, why would they hide it in an update. Why wouldn't they celebrate that big of a change and just announce it within the update? I know that PD does wacky, poorly planned things, but completely new physics just does not compute for me.

I am not taking sides on this yet. I have not had much playing time in 1.14 yet. In the time that I have played, when I use my favorite tunes with my G27, I don't feel any difference. But every so often I don't feel like dragging the chair over to the TV so I play using the DS3 and I could be convinced that it is easier to catch the car. Is this really happening or do I feel it because people have mentioned it. I simply have not played hours and hours with the DS3 like I have with the G27.

The other thing that is floating around in my head is that 37 people have currently voted in the pole that yes, something definitely changed. Nineteen percent of respondents feel some change. So something must have changed, but I am not yet convinced that PD released completely new physics.

I play gt6 from between one to three hours every night since release day, just under 500 hours playing time now i think. Not bad to say i also play a few other games every night as well. Can anyone remember the game NFS Sift? I noticed one car out of every car available within the game that lightly pulls to the left by itself. Only one car does it. Anyone else notice that? For ten points! which car lightly pulls to the left by itself in NFS Shift?. Just trying to point out that i kinda really notice small details with games. GT6 feels better to me than it did before the update. 90% of what others said they feel change wise was the same stuff i also felt, specially the stuff (MrGrado) pointed out. I still keep checking on line to see if anyone else has mentioned anything. A ll i see though is some guys who say they spotted code change or something. Stuff i don't understand.
It actually seems like no one is all that interested in gt6 any more, apart from us hardcore gt fans that is.

I have a lot of ghost on Suzuka and Nordschleife, i only tune cars comparing one to the other helped by ghost. I didn´t saw any performance or feeling difference after this last update.
The only thing i notice is ONLINE. During weight transfer and for the same amount of grip, this grip don´t pass over the tires so easily than OFFLINE. For example you can be more agressive ONLINE with yours inputs. Wheel , accel and brakes.It seems hat ONLINE is safer than OFFLINE to me and it´s a good point to race in a pack without losing control after any light contact or a tenth of a second losing attention looking in your miror.
That´s all in my opinion.

If there's a change in physics, definitely it's not "completely new physics" nor "very real changes", I didn't feel any difference.
Anyway, it's possible that PD changed something just by the fact that they're prone to change things without warning, but it's not a major change (if there's any), just my two cents.

If there's a change in physics, definitely it's not "completely new physics" nor "very real changes", I didn't feel any difference.
Anyway, it's possible that PD changed something just by the fact that they're prone to change things without warning, but it's not a major change (if there's any), just my two cents.
Most people say nothing feels any different to them and thats cool with me.
I can only speak for myself and what i myself feel.
I can deffo do tricks with the cars now, that i couldn't do before the update though.
Power sliding out of corners on the rev limiter through first and second gear while counter steering without lifting off the power was an impossibility for me in some cars before 1.14. I always had to lift off just as the car snapped back straight, or it would spear off in the opposite direction. Now, while i'm countering the power slide with opposite lock the cars don't snap back and spear off in the opposite direction once i hit the rev limiter in second gear.
Its hard for me to describe.

Most people say nothing feels any different to them and thats cool with me.
I can only speak for myself and what i myself feel.
I can deffo do tricks with the cars now, that i couldn't do before the update though.
Power sliding out of corners on the rev limiter through first and second gear while counter steering without lifting off the power was an impossibility for me in some cars before 1.14. I always had to lift off just as the car snapped back straight, or it would spear off in the opposite direction. Now, while i'm countering the power slide with opposite lock the cars don't snap back and spear off in the opposite direction once i hit the rev limiter in second gear.
Its hard for me to describe.

You've said this before, yet anytime someone disagrees with you, you keep coming back with the same story. We get it already, no need to keep stating the same thing over and over again. :)

You've said this before, yet anytime someone disagrees with you, you keep coming back with the same story. We get it already, no need to keep stating the same thing over and over again. :)
Ah its my favourite person!
And there is also no need for you to talk to me, so please don't. its obvious that you don't like me and that is fine.
You obviously seem to have some problem with me here.
I don't want to talk to you so please don't talk to me again. Thank you.
All the best to you.

I won't bother making any more comments on here about anything else. You might be happy then.
Sorry for speaking out of turn on your website.

And there is also no need for you to talk to me, so please don't. its obvious that you don't like me and that is fine.
All the best to you.

I won't bother making any more comments on here about anything else. You might be happy then.

Please, show me where I ever said that I didn't like you. I also would like for you to show me where I have a problem with you. You seem to take things personally, same as I do, so I know where you may be coming from with this. I'll give you the same advice the good people here have given me in the past. Just because someone doesn't agree with your post or opinion, doesn't mean they don't like you or otherwise have a problem with you. It is a hard lesson for me to learn sometimes and I see it is for you also. I have nothing against you at all, I was just stating that it seems ironic that every time someone disagrees with you, you say your fine with it yet you become defensive and utter the same thing. We understand and respect your opinion, no need to keep beating a dead horse, that's all I'm saying. So now, can we please be friends. :)

All the best to you.

Dont get too upset. Some people just have to say something just for the fact they say something...

Back