1.17 update major issue *READ*

• Thread starter X3sgteX
  • 488 comments
I was a victim of this major bug issue but I've just been connected and all my gearbox are ok! No downloading time during the game starts...
How did they do to fix it? Any informations about that?

Last edited:
Here's the answer ( i just tested it):
Today march 23, 2015, it is not fixed yet.
The gearbox only reset's if the final gear is the last gear you changed.

I just tried @praiano63 's tune for the Opera s2000.
Final gear starts with 2.500 and stays there
then all gears, and that's it.
entered the 500pp racecar season event, and all is good.

But when you change finalgear just to 2.501 and enter race? GEARBOX RESET.(also tested on the same race, i could do the gearbox again.)

\edit, added some more info.

Last edited:

But when you change finalgear just to 2.501 and enter race? GEARBOX RESET.
Are you racing online or offline? I race online in NASCAR rooms every night and I change final gear with no changes.

But when you change finalgear just to 2.501 and enter race? GEARBOX RESET.

Personnaly, the bug infected all my customs gearboxes, all values were turned on left side (gearbox&ratio) of all my cars and now they are ok!
I've tested it on online seasonal events, not on online lobbies and checked few cars on my garage and they still be ok :confused:
I don't understand and I'm not joking...

The only thing I did yesterday on the game was to take a car, change the custom transmission to stock, saved and switch off. Today, all my gearboxes are ok.
Have re-put my custom gearbox this afternoon, checked over tunes and it's ok :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Are you racing online or offline? I race online in NASCAR rooms every night and I change final gear with no changes.
Online lobby races is not affected, i don't know about quick match/race.
Career/season events/Arcade/freeroam are affected, so i guess like you mention, the offlines.

Ok so he simple solution is,test and tune on the track you want online,in your own lobby,once your happy with your tranny,take it offline.:confused:

Everything we do online is suspect to surveillance.

Personally, while I never use this situation for my benefit, I can't see a problem with players modifying any part of their car that is modifiable, legitimately, in the game, without actually hacking the code.
And this is why I can sympathise with those who are against this 'tweak' being taken away from their tuning routines.

But seems, for now, like the developers want to keep a grip on what is happening with the cars in the offline mode, though, since it affects their 'Career'.

Personally, while I never use this situation for my benefit, I can't see a problem with players modifying any part of their car that is modifiable, legitimately, in the game, without actually hacking the code.
And this is why I can sympathise with those who are against this 'tweak' being taken away from their tuning routines.

But seems, for now, like the developers want to keep a grip on what is happening with the cars in the offline mode, though, since it affects their 'Career'.
What? Yeah Sony is watching me flip my tranny,please.Flipping a tranny is not like hacking the game.Every tuner that I know flips their tranny.Take the car into your own private online lobby,pick whatever track you want to run offline,career,etc.Flip the tranny,set the gears for the track and go back offline and run it.
It won't change,if you don't touch the final gear! This is not rocket science folks

Why are some so persistent that this was a planned "tweak" they publicay made a post on their website stating there is a issue with the update that wasn't supposed to happen.

End. Of. Story. Stop tying to convince others it was a planned update to the mechanics

There are a few that won't let this go, not you specifically photon.

Last edited:
I understand.

It's an error in coding. Why is it an error? It wasn't premeditated. Or was it?
The answers are facts we don't know.
Sony knows because, whether they spend 24/7 watching Mr. Rocket Science do his stuff and using those inputs to verify the perception of the database of players that use it (take a breath), or not, Sony has all the records of our activity that took place GT-online in their electronic brain to verify as they wish.

The error in coding has nothing to do from a different point of view - is the 'error' stable. Is it a legitimate enough player-input to be accepted as a settings menu in the game? Are we getting too arcadish, or getting closer to the simulation? These are all different slices of this same pie - the pie in whole being called - as simply as possible - an error in coding. A Found File.

Uhm a slight suggestion,perhaps a pencil and a piece of paper. Go get a tuning sheet from the link below and write it down. That's what I've always done.
Then you won't loose it.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6-tuning-template-updated-v2.292561/

Well, thanks for the suggestion, but I had this idea already before, not using a piece of paper and a pencil, but the more advanced form of an Excel-Spreadsheet.
In addition, there's also a great Android App from Praiano for many cars one can rebuild the setups from.
The problem is just that I did not note down ALL the setups for every car I ever drove with.
And even if I did, it doesn't save me from going through the setups car by car to check which have been ruined and which not, since I'm certain that PD, once they will have fixed the bug, will not revert everybody's gearboxes to the values we have set before the bug hit us!?

Well, thanks for the suggestion, but I had this idea already before, not using a piece of paper and a pencil, but the more advanced form of an Excel-Spreadsheet.
In addition, there's also a great Android App from Praiano for many cars one can rebuild the setups from.
The problem is just that I did not note down ALL the setups for every car I ever drove with.
And even if I did, it doesn't save me from going through the setups car by car to check which have been ruined and which not, since I'm certain that PD, once they will have fixed the bug, will not revert everybody's gearboxes to the values we have set before the bug hit us!?
It is my understanding it's just the transmission being effected only if you change final gear offline. Check your cars and write down the gears.

It's almost certain that the fix will require either a hotfix or a small 1.18 update.
Should that be the case, when it happens it will almost certainly also be announced on gran-turismo.com.

Online was fine last night but somehow I can't join or create a lobby it just says "connection to lobby has been lost" or something like that. It's ****ING annoying Polypony please fix this!!!!!!

Just found a way to use cars that have a "flipped" gearbox,well its working for me and i've tested it in caerer and seasonal modes and it worked.
I'd appreciate if someone else tried it,just to make sure its not just me...
Ok first thing is choose which car you want to use whilst still on the main menu screen,this is very,very important,as if you enter any modes the gearbox will reset.
Next tune your car normally,setting the final gear last,or if its already tuned,no need to retune.
In the gearbox settings,move the speed slider up a couple of notches ,press the X to exit and then go back in and set it back where it was,as the bug only effects tunes where the final gear is set last,moving the speed slider effectively makes setting the speed the final action,and negates the effects of the bug.
As i've said i've tried this a few times and its worked...so far,so please give it a go and post up ,hopefully it'll work for you too.

Last edited:
Just found a way to use cars that have a "flipped" gearbox,well its working for me and i've tested it in caerer and seasonal modes and it worked.
I'd appreciate if someone else tried it,just to make sure its not just me...
Ok first thing is choose which car you want to use whilst still on the main menu screen,this is very,very important,as if you enter any modes the gearbox will reset.
Next tune your car normally,setting the final gear last,or if its already tuned,no need to retune.
In the gearbox settings,move the speed slider up a couple of notches ,press the X to exit and then go back in and set it back where it was,as the bug only effects tunes where the final gear is set last,moving the speed slider effectively makes setting the speed the final action,and negates the effects of the bug.
As i've said i've tried this a few times and its worked...so far,so please give it a go and post up your results,hopefully it'll work for you too.

Unless I'm reading this wrong, you're not "flipping" the tranny after moving the slider again. Your moving the top speed which in turn adjusts the gears to that final.

This isn't how "flipping" is done. Again maybe I'm just reading this wrong.

At this phase, all the settings you made for gears and final gear are destroyed by yourself.

Actually no,I checked the settings before and after I'D MOVED THE SLIDER BACK,the settings were the same as the original tune-have you tried it?
Unless I'm reading this wrong, you're not "flipping" the tranny after moving the slider again. Your moving the top speed which in turn adjusts the gears to that final.

This isn't how "flipping" is done. Again maybe I'm just reading this wrong.

Yeah I probably didn't explain it too well,the gearbox settings I've used are from a flipped tuning,done before moving the slider,after moving the slider back the values are exactly as in the original tune and don't change when entering any modes

Actually no,I checked the settings before and after I'D MOVED THE SLIDER BACK,the settings were the same as the original tune-have you tried it?
If you have set custom values for each gear and after that you will touch (move) the top speed slider, you will lose your settings even if you get the slider back to its previous position.

If you have set custom values for each gear and after that you will touch (move) the top speed slider, you will lose your settings even if you get the slider back to its previous position.

Set final gear
Set speed to minimum(or whatever tune says)
Adjust gears
Set final
Move speed slider up and back down-the values change when moving the slider up,but return to custom settings when moved back down
Go race

How much clearer can I make it ? I've now tried this with over a dozen cars with flipped gearboxes(using tunes from this site,set over the past few months) and none of the gears have reset to default under entering any game mode-go try it

Move speed slider up and back down-the values change when moving the slider up,but return to custom settings when moved back down
So you just move slider up, but NOT accept it as a new speed setting, and then returning slider back to speed value where you have your custom gears set.
Oh boy, same as you skip whole part, or just press O while on slider.

This bug just gets weirder,earlier I tried this with over a dozen cars,and it all worked,just turned on ps3 again to check for @OdeFinn and it didn't work this time,but I tried some of the cars I tried earlier again and they are all fine,no resetting to default in any game mode:confused:

Set final gear
Set speed to minimum(or whatever tune says)
Adjust gears
Set final
Go race

How much clearer can I make it ? I've now tried this with over a dozen cars with flipped gearboxes(using tunes from this site,set over the past few months) and none of the gears have reset to default under entering any game mode-go try it
You can do this, it will work, but it'll be in vain, as even if you dont accept the values, it will still be reset.

Back