1.4 mil and nothing to spend it on

• Thread starter GTBJF
  • 35 comments
mplacki
Congrats on the I-A. ;)

I think used cars rotate every 7 days or so, it's somthing along those lines.

You do the math. ;)

The All-Stars race is a lot faster, literally, than two of the other ones. Besides, there you can only race MR's under 591, meanwhile the All Stars has free entry. What better way to test all your new toys :) . As under 591 hp races are concerned, I prefer the Grand Touring Race 3 at Middlefield. Sure you have to race three laps, but at least I can win money in some of my crappier vehicles. $280k for 3 short laps.

I'm too lazy.

flamingwonky
I'm not sure. Yesterday I went back to play and have not seen the Toyota 2000GT...err....GT at all.

IIRC, the TRD2000GT was available as a prize for the first or second race in the MR cup. I think it's just a souped up MR2, might have to jog my memory tho.

mplacki
IIRC, the TRD2000GT was available as a prize for the first or second race in the MR cup. I think it's just a souped up MR2, might have to jog my memory tho.

This is a whole different car, kinda looks like a '71 Datsun 240. As much as I love the blockiness of the old MR2...Ack '68 2000GT GT vs '97? TRD2000GT.....can't Toyota keep the names strait :)

I bought the toyota 2000gt gt 68... it cost me over 100,000 dollars in the used car lot. and it only has like 180 hp. i bought it because i thought it was rare...
also probably the best car i have(after the escudo) is my Daishin Silvia 99. i cant dirve fr cars very well but this one handles better than my four wheel drives. plus for some reason though it only has 413hp ive been able to beat cars with it that have over 500hp... its won me a lot of races....

pain killer
I bought the toyota 2000gt gt 68... it cost me over 100,000 dollars in the used car lot. and it only has like 180 hp. i bought it because i thought it was rare...
also probably the best car i have(after the escudo) is my Daishin Silvia 99. i cant dirve fr cars very well but this one handles better than my four wheel drives. plus for some reason though it only has 413hp ive been able to beat cars with it that have over 500hp... its won me a lot of races....

Silvias and low-powered FR Skylines are extremely agile cars. Some of them handle so well I actually set them up to handle more poorly just to get them to drift a little more. I'll do things like add more rear brake bias, more rear camber, stiffer dampers, etc. The '71 Skyline in particular is really tame. I'll actually race it with sport tires up front and factory ones in the back and it'll STILL be hard to break it!

Parnelli Bone
Silvias and low-powered FR Skylines are extremely agile cars. Some of them handle so well I actually set them up to handle more poorly just to get them to drift a little more. I'll do things like add more rear brake bias, more rear camber, stiffer dampers, etc. The '71 Skyline in particular is really tame. I'll actually race it with sport tires up front and factory ones in the back and it'll STILL be hard to break it!

That's true, Silvias are very quick for the displacement, like the '88 1.6
Lately I finished oldies Japanese and moved on to luxury sedans.
-BMW is a dissappointment, both the 5 and the 7 are fairly weak. The latter also has a stock weight of 4500 lbs, eek!! Another thing: I wonder why the stock rims cannot be replaced. Anyone know?
-Mercedes is aweosme: I recommend the C 43. Not only is it beautiful IMO, at 520 horses it's dang quick. The brakes are a little weak, I turned mine up to 17/14. The E 55 is weaker and heavier, and has despicable styling. Damn you Daimler!! :grumpy:
-Jaguar XJR: it's better than OK but it somehow lacks character.... I'm partial to it.
-Toyo Aristo V300: Tunes to 703 horses. :dunce: It's faster than anything here, which is not saying much =P. Has a racing mod, but I think that kills its luxury demeanor.
-Chaser x30....to be continued...

So you see, there are lots of things to do with money!!!

Edit: Has anyone noticed the little bars below the game modes (GT League, Rally, Endurance, Special Event)?? I just did on accident, and I think they tally your trophy percentage in those modes :)

Back