1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,442 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.7%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.7%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.1%

• Total voters
Still stalking my local Walmarts for the new dump bins. My local store has zilch, and the store by my work the same. There was an older guy looking for the bin when I got there. They did have some big boxes sitting near the toy area from Mattel, but they were not what we were looking for. One was Monster Jam stuff, and the other a huge display for new 5-packs. Will try again tomorrow, then Tucson on Saturday....

I'm starting to see those online. I was wondering why those F&F cars were becoming cheaper again.

A few from my collection
IMG_1642 copy.jpg
IMG_1643 copy.jpg

IMG_1644 copy.jpg

IMG_1645 copy.jpg

The story about the Nardo is rather funny actually
My dad walked into the living room holding the model car box behind his back, and I got a shock when he handed it over. I had no idea why dad would get me a VW... I opened the box and to my surprise, the car was a W12 Nardo. A vehicle I only came to know while playing TDU.
IMG_1646 copy.jpg

IMG_1647 copy.jpg

IMG_1648 copy.jpg
IMG_1649 copy.jpg

Last edited:
OH5 on wagon's nice. 👍 And I really adore the new Kool Kombi. I hope to find the mainline(along with the 510 wagon). Super Kool Kombi, I'll try grabbing one online if I can find it reasonably priced.

Those new F&F cars, are they identical to the series that was release few months ago? Also @CLowndes888 I'm digging the Countach. Kyosho? 👍

Lastly, cars I received in the mail yesterday:

Matchbox Superfast Honda Element + Scion xB

Honda Insight

Greenlight Black Bandit 1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda

Greenlight VW Panel Bus

Went on a trip to get some donor cars for customizing and got some cars for the collection.

First some Flying Customs cars found in the clearance section, and under a bunch of other crap.

IMG_20141002_203408.jpg IMG_20141002_203517.jpg IMG_20141002_203533.jpg

Large wheel Karma variation/error?

IMG_20141002_203426.jpg

Retro Entertainment Ferrari whatever Daytona Spyder.

IMG_20141002_203622.jpg

And finally another Porsche.

IMG_20141002_203605.jpg

OH5 on wagon's nice. 👍 And I really adore the new Kool Kombi. I hope to find the mainline(along with the 510 wagon). Super Kool Kombi, I'll try grabbing one online if I can find it reasonably priced.

Those new F&F cars, are they identical to the series that was release few months ago? Also @CLowndes888 I'm digging the Countach. Kyosho? 👍

Lastly, cars I received in the mail yesterday:

Matchbox Superfast Honda Element + Scion xB

Honda Insight

Greenlight Black Bandit 1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda

Greenlight VW Panel Bus

Love the Black Bandit series & opps I forgotten to edit to add post. Sorry guys.

dat Cuda. dat gotdamn Cuda. :drool:

My store got a bin of faf hot wheels. I'll try and get them all.

lol "FAF" Gotta go FAF, guys!

I got pics of the F50 and F40. I'd work on photographing the others but I got an assignment I need to knock out asap. Also found out my work received an M Case or whatever. Got my hands on that Rev Rod finally. I will be sure to do it justice with photos, because Google can't.

Well went to Kit Kringle Wednesday and got some more great vehicles.

Finally got the red Ford Fiesta I had wanted for a while. I was originally intending on just getting the Fiesta and the green Continental, but that '57 Chevy started whispering in my ear and the fact that Fangster had animal body vehicle was all it took to convince me.
image.jpg

Rebel Rides Blast Lane. I remember seeing pictures of it for years and always wanted it because I liked the colors, now I got it! :D
image.jpg

This again. First I get them two Hot Wheels Racing Hydroplanes for 99 cents, now a Scorchin' Skooter. I still don't see how they could be so cheap, but I still ain't complaining! :D
image.jpg

Wednesday was a pretty good day overall, however I pop open the Fiesta only to find it like this! :crazy:

image.jpg

It appears there is metal piece on it that has bent the axle all to heck. Must have happened when they were making the body.

No worries though, I can just go back and swap it out for another next time I go and while I am there, I can go ahead grab that Continental too! :mischievous:

If it makes you feel any better, the Fiesta TH isn't that special. I would fix it up. No sense in keeping the whack axle like that.
Doesn't matter to me if it is "special" or not, I love Treasure Hunts and I really like that Fiesta. :drool: Even if I did remove that metal piece, it will still look horrible there. :crazy:

Or they are cheap enough you can just buy another.
Or better yet, just swap it out with another. :D

image.jpg

Took that one back to Kit Kringle and just as I expected I was able to swap that one out with another. This one was the way it should be thankfully and now I feel satisfied. :)

While I was there, I took advantage of it and finally got that Continental I had wanted for a while. :cheers:

image.jpg

Was going to get the white Fiesta Treasure Hunt but I didn't because I will be going to the antique mall again tomorrow and these things I spotted last time have my name on it :mischievous::
image.jpg

Going to get the Deora's first but if the price is low enough, I am taking them all! :mischievous:

Price tags say $10, but I think Jack may offer it for less.

Last edited:
AOS wins 7 cars from a US-based seller. Receives invoice asking for $36 shipping.

Seller note: This is what I would've charged to ship in the US (even though I'm doing international in this case). There is also the additional insurance I put in.

Nonono that's not how it works, pal. You don't add in random money just because I won something for 99 cents. For someone with 264 feedback ratings, you really shouldn't be sweating the investment on "extra insurance" because no one even wants that pay extra for toy cars.

Back