1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,442 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.7%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.7%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.1%

• Total voters
I sold mine recently. I remembered it being the dark chrome, but before I wrapped it in tissue, it looked like regular 10SPs.

You posted it on here, didn't you?

Did you mean the R90C by any chance? Because I haven't uploaded pics of the R382C yet, you psychic. :lol:

I sold mine recently. I remembered it being the dark chrome, but before I wrapped it in tissue, it looked like regular 10SPs.
Dark chrome is the common release. Photos in the listing were kind of iffy, so I messaged him to make sure. He said they were dark chrome, but he had two of them so checked the other and said it was normal chrome. Sending me that one. Got an orange Speed Machines on the way too. Think I just need the black one and I'm all caught up with that casting.

I wish. How much did you pay for yours? Mine had "Best Offer" option, so I got it down to $15 shipped. Not a bargain, but fair. 👍

$9.99 Opening Bid. Nobody wanted one that day. Lucky me. Missed out on two Porsche 911 GT1 Beads just now though. Because of that, I decided to skip on a 2007 Super GT Fairlady Z in black. Oh well.

AliExpress continues to have theirs for $15.

I wasn't killing to have the car as I set a really low bid on it, but like I said, I got away with it that time.

===============

One of these are not the same..

TAKATA%2BNSX_1.jpg

TAKATA%2BNSX_2.jpg

One of these got sold!

Answer:
Tomica Limited. Sold for $17. Pretty sure I didn't buy it for that price.

The other two are Beads. A 2007-release 2006 Super GT TAKATA NSX, and a 2008-release 2007 Super GT TAKATA NSX. The yellowing is not normal. Other 2007 NSXs don't have that. Unsure what the cause it.

One primary way to tell the 2006 apart from the 2007 is the shape of the rear wing's ends, the shape of the rear diffuser and the 2007 models (not just NSX) being the ones with an antennae.

Last edited:
That's what Spray Paint is for!

People are complaining about the overuse of that cranberry red. Won't you agree?

As per the casting. I will try real hard to judge it. It doesn't have the large rears like the Aventador and Veneno. I'm thankful they kept it normal with all the Gallardos and its descendants.

Last edited:
Because it's the closest they can get to the real wheel. MC5s won't do. Y5s definitely won't. OH5 was a terrible choice for the Aventador. You can see that the yellow and the blue release trump it entirely.

I personally don't mind J5s or 10SP as alternatives. My stealth Gallardo has 10SP on it. It presents a more showroom appeal than sport, but I can't show you that modified car, so let me instead show you something I fixed.

2012 BMW & Mini Minicar Collection.

Pro Tip: If I format shares like this, each image can be clicked on.

Last edited:
^^^Yet another car that has eluded me^^^

Cars in the mail. Cars in the mail.

Minichamps Porsche 934

Johnny Lightning '66 VW Beetle(Rallye)

Matchbox '33 Ford Coupe(100 Years Anniversary)

Johnny Lightning '97 Chevy Tahoe(Road Trip USA)

M2 '57 Dodge COE

Tomica Limited Vintage Whoanda CR-AhhhhhhwwwX(Thank you so much, @jtl46 👍)

I checked local stores today, but didn't really see anything. I remember @yabiggoose being interested in Retro Entertainment Bronco. I didn't get it, because I have the same exact thing from Greenlight(and expectedly little nicer), but I thought this was pretty cool too. Nice detail upfront, probably worth the $5 they were asking for it.

Oohp. You got the different one than the one I've got.

Like certain brands; same casting, different packaging.

Hell no. Scalpers here, due to a much smaller population are rotten.
While I'd be more than happy to pick one up for you, I don't think the truck's that nice. :lol: It may be worth $5, but with international shipping to Australia(USPS is air only), I'd give it two thumbs down. :crazy:

Did yours come in a brown paper bag or something?

Very close! It came in a brown paper box.

Inside it was a smaller acrylic case than what you've got. Nice try.

=======

I checked local stores today, but didn't really see anything. I remember @yabiggoose being interested in Retro Entertainment Bronco.

Speaking of Retro Entertainment... found 3 of these, but only bought one.

KITT%2BSuper%2BPursuit%2BMode%2B(2014%2BRetro%2BEntertainment).jpg

If anyone wants one, I can go look for you. Cards were are creased in the same corner by a scumbag. Not really fond of this casting.

@a6m5. The 934 and that Dodge COE are great and all but you had me at Beetle. :embarrassed: Curse you. 👍
I have a soft spot for them as well. I still..... STILL kick myself for opening this one, not realizing that it was the White Lightning(Chase) model:

:dunce:

I'd have sold it, it'd have paid the price I paid for it, plus the stock one with black tires I'd rather have(making the normal one a freebie!). :crazy:

Back