1/64 Model Collectors Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter SVX
  • 55,849 comments
  • 4,099,650 views

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

  • Yes.

    Votes: 329 51.1%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

    Votes: 131 20.3%
  • Nope.

    Votes: 96 14.9%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

    Votes: 126 19.6%

  • Total voters
    644
Fancy some Triple 9 NSXs?


image.jpg



18 USD each... :P
 
Before my new found collecting venture gets out of hand, I might make one slight change to slow it down some. And that would be collecting only true 1:64 scale cars. So that would include Auto World, Greenlight, and I assume TLV and/or Kyosho?

This means by the end of the weekend, all my M2's (quality problems and all) will be out the door, and possibly my Johnny Lightnings.
 
JLs aren't remotely true to scale? Is this real?
 
JLs aren't remotely true to scale? Is this real?
My JL Ford Lightning is way too small when I put it next to the Greenlight Jeep Wrangler, and there's no scale on the base so I assume no.
 
It's not like grey-wheels Lesneys fall off trees, specially in flea markets for chump change. This thing is from like 1964 or so. Restore or customize or leave alone?
16385967885_c39ee341b8_b.jpg

16198556050_6c3bb919b2_b.jpg

15765960303_689cb4fed8_b.jpg
Yours should look like this when your doneimage.jpgimage.jpg
 
Yep. Not bragging but all of my cars are mostly mint with a few chips like that. I thought the grey wheels were after the black ones.
 

Argh, that's a really badass Dodge (thanks for clarifying us lot on the name, by the way) you got there. Are you going to take more pictures of that?

Fancy some Triple 9 NSXs?


View attachment 300402


18 USD each... :p

I would... if they weren't so far away, both in wallet and in country. :lol: But hey, those who can should go for them, I guess.

IMG_4185_zpsf9f4d50c.jpg


IMG_4188_zpsb90747ad.jpg



Back to the future . . . later, of course. :dopey:


Well . . . time to leap off the pad.

Cya later! :)

Marty, what did you do? You know the gold interfers with the time machine's components! Now you'll never go back to the future whilst doing 88! You fool! :mad: :lol:

Jokes aside, dig that gold Delorean, wish I could find me one of those. Or a normal grey one, that's good too. The time machine's cool, but I prefer the stock design, it's less fussy.

Had the opportunity many times, but never accepted it.




2015 Skyline & GT-R Minicar Collection Neo
R35. I'm so painting those wheels.




Ah, the Neo R35. That car instantly became one of my favorites, because it led me to a conversation about cars and Vision Gran Turismo vehicles, with a Japanese mechanical designer for animes over Twitter. Therefore, it has also become my favorite scale model of a R35. God bless you, grey (that was the car he shared, because he didn't like the colour of it) R35. :bowdown:

Ah, that red is cool too, and I'm sure that it'll look even better with a set of painted rims...

View attachment 300541

Finally bloody found one.

Congrats on finding a Mustang man, great catch. 👍
 
I thought the grey wheels were after the black ones.

The other way around dude. And before grey plastic wheels there be grey metal wheels, those are the truly difficult ones :crazy:
 
Grey metal wheels? Like driving on a cloud!

Edit: just figured it wouldn't be tyres a hurr durr.
 
Marty, what did you do? You know the gold interfers with the time machine's components! Now you'll never go back to the future whilst doing 88! You fool! :mad: :lol:

Jokes aside, dig that gold Delorean, wish I could find me one of those. Or a normal grey one, that's good too. The time machine's cool, but I prefer the stock design, it's less fussy.

They are recent releases (I have a habit of picking up First Editions - though they ain't called that, now.) and while I like the Time Machine, the others feel more like DMC.


IMG_4200_zps73efa323.jpg


IMG_4194_zpsdeca2a73.jpg


IMG_4183_zpsc70f8573.jpg


IMG_4182_zps2503c844.jpg
 
I like that the back axle isn't too short, unlike like what they did with the Reventon.

Is this goodbye to Reventons and Gallardos now?
 
Any UK collectors know if the case with the new Mustang is here yet?
 
VXR
Any UK collectors know if the case with the new Mustang is here yet?
That case was months ago, I don't see why not. In fact you may have missed it.
 
I actually already saw the new Mustangs today. It was blue-purplish color, w/stripes. It was OK-looking, so I passed. I did find a cool looking 599XX. Also picked up bunch of fantasy cars(for my nephews' track) & I'm posting them even if you guys ask me not to.

Edit: Interesting. Two eBay sniper bidders. One just sniped, but hasn't paid even after I sent him an invoice. Other one had since like Tuesday to pay & still haven't paid. I'm starting to understand where @R1600Turbo was coming from.
 
^^^ I just don't understand why they can be at the end of the auction to snipe bid but can't stick around another 30 seconds to pay for their ish. I also saw that 2015 Mustang tonight in an E case dump bin. I grabbed a Vanster, sifted through the rest, and walked out with just the one car.

Anyway, I feel like a complete dunce. Anyone that knows Greenlight should know that they put a small sticker on the bottom of their cars to show the sequence number that the car was produced. So say, if a car is 1 of 1,000, there will be a sticker on the bottom that reads "0348" if it's the 348th car made, etc. Well that 2014 Dodge Charger that was incorrectly sent to me, I opened it this morning and then noticed that the sticker on the bottom read 0001. :eek:

I feel like an idiot for not checking it before I opened the package. :dunce:

Also, got another GL Mustang that's absolutely brilliant. Pics incoming.

Edit:

1965 Ford Mustang

DSCN7317.JPG


Base of the Charger to show my stupid mistake.

DSCN7318.JPG


And the E case Vanster. I'm still going to collect this one. I doubt Mattel will use it for any expensive exclusives, put more than a couple variations of wheels on it per release, and regular collectors don't give a crap about it so it'll be easy to find. Plus I like the design.

DSCN7319.JPG
 
Last edited:


I'm keeping this one. Ferrari 599XX from Hot Wheels Workshop




I don't think I've posted these. Rebel Rods '27 Miller & '69 Brawner Hawk

^^^ I just don't understand why they can be at the end of the auction to snipe bid but can't stick around another 30 seconds to pay for their ish.
It's a pain in the ass, because I have another one I'm ready to ship, but I don't want to make a special trip to mail just one item. :crazy:
1 of 1,000
Wow. 👍
I opened it
Wow. :lol:
 
Dump bin finally came to my store :)
 
Last edited:
I'm glad that Huracán doesn't have the stupid looking giant rear wheel like the McLaren does.
 
Back