1/64 Model Collectors Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter SVX
  • 55,849 comments
  • 4,100,105 views

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

  • Yes.

    Votes: 329 51.1%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

    Votes: 131 20.3%
  • Nope.

    Votes: 96 14.9%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

    Votes: 126 19.6%

  • Total voters
    644
F-Toys are yuck.

You will see why in many hours ahead.

M4 is disappointing... :grumpy:

Take that money and put that on a down payment for that Evo $TH. 👍
 
I bought these 3 with a M2 branded Challenger T/A. I'll post the Challenger in another thread though, it's not the same scale as these cars.

So yeah, I managed to find the white M3 race car afterall and a Fiat 500.
20150206_154835.jpg
 
Continuing with a japanese flavor.

Tomica Limited Nissan Skyline 350GT sedan





Tomica Limited Nissan Skyline 350GT undercover cop





Tomica Limited Nissan Skyline KDR30







Tomica Limited Vintage Neo Mazda Luce rotary turbo





 
At least the M4 is not in that ugly yellow color.
 
I actually really like that M4 casting, it could be worse. could be the recent E36 M3 :crazy:
 
Not 1:64, but i wanted to see the difference in scale VS my setup... did not go well. and sort of a wishlist to TLV to do a 1:64 model..







Heres hoping TLV finally release a MR2 in 1:64.. seeing as they are releasing a JZ80 supra(preordered cop and civilian version) it really shocks me that they have not done a MR2 such as the one above.

it's a ebbro 1:43 btw, for those wondering.
 
CM's has done 2 MR2s of that generation.

Good luck finding it though. I don't even know where to look.
Only results i'm getting are 1:43 from Norev and Ebbro, thanks for the heads up though.
 
I could be wrong as I've never laid eyes on one, nor do the MR2s in particular sit on a based I would say is 1:64, but this source suggests it is.

ToyotaLimited_1.jpg


These are special limited edition individual releases CM's did (for reasons I do not know). They get acrylic cases with the box packaging like Beads, Minichamps or any larger scale models.

I have the 131 and C4. want the Stratos really badly though....


and the MR2s.
 
Is it just me or do Hot Wheels Porsche have good castings compared to other HW cars?
 
I could be wrong as I've never laid eyes on one, nor do the MR2s in particular sit on a based I would say is 1:64, but this source suggests it is.

ToyotaLimited_1.jpg


These are special limited edition individual releases CM's did (for reasons I do not know). They get acrylic cases with the box packaging like Beads, Minichamps or any larger scale models.

I have the 131 and C4. want the Stratos really badly though....


and the MR2s.
Looks like what i would imagine a Group B MR2 would look like,

Edit: found a bunch on ebay in 1:43, not bad prices either, especially for a resin model.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...5.TRC0.A0.H0.XMR2+222D&_nkw=MR2+222D&_sacat=0
 
Is it just me or do Hot Wheels Porsche have good castings compared to other HW cars?

Some of them are great; some aren't as great. Examples:

Boxster Spyder
918 Spyder
Carrera GT
Cayman S
917 (imho)
911 GT1-98

Some that are really good include:

997 GT2
993 GT2
997 GT3 RS
934 RSR
930
 
Officially the last ever HW I acquired. I'm officially done with that brand...


15838544374_73df6013d6_c.jpg




16275169037_071977b04b_c.jpg




16275168527_d7ee012fe0_c.jpg




The only McLaren cars I have in my entire collection:


16459326571_21fee76d31_c.jpg





I might sell most of the HWs, but definitely the great ones are to keep.
Why are you done?
 
Why are you done?


Just stating my opinion here:


I'd rather have a Welly, RMZ, Maisto, Tomica or Matchbox as far as mainstream brands are concerned. I collect real-life cars, and HW isn't really a pro on that. Matchbox does that job properly for the same price. I'm not really fond of oversized wheels on real-life cars. I can easily pass on the lack of side mirrors, but real-life car models need more attention in detailing and proportions.
 
Last edited:
Kyosho will. If they ever make another British series.
 
Tomica have done an MR2 in the past, so i guess it's just a matter of time (and demand i suppose) before they do a TLV version.

Never seen that one before. Nice. 👍 Just ran into this on eBay. I wish this was a 1/64 TLV.

P.S. Been encountering international brokering/forwarding services on eBay. My listings now have disclaimers stating I don't do business with them. Thing is, these forwarding companies & eBay can hold you responsible for something the forwarding company, or their international shipper lose, or damage. How is that even legal, I don't know. I cancelled transaction with such buyer before, and I'm trying to again. I've had two this week. :crazy:
 
Just ran into this on eBay. I wish this was a 1/64 TLV.

I wish it was too, I'd be all over it if it were. So cool.

Nice find. 👍
 
I wish it was too, I'd be all over it if it were. So cool.

Nice find. 👍
TLV already granted my wish(well, at least one of the Supras). They should now release that Skyline wagon & @TorqueHappenS08 MR2. On the same day.

:p
 
P.S. Been encountering international brokering/forwarding services on eBay. My listings now have disclaimers stating I don't do business with them. Thing is, these forwarding companies & eBay can hold you responsible for something the forwarding company, or their international shipper lose, or damage. How is that even legal, I don't know. I cancelled transaction with such buyer before, and I'm trying to again. I've had two this week. :crazy:


I got a message this morning 2 "defective" transactions had been cleaned off my record. These transactions are a count of undesirable star ratings you receive from buyers (i.e. accuracy of item desc., communication, accurate shipping, etc.). I don't know the reasons behind its origin. I would've guessed it was that Thai buyer, but he didn't leave any feedback rating...

:/
 
That is a mysterious one. It did go in your favor though, right?
 
Another car that has a lot of sentimental value, from my collection when i was younger.

Matchbox BMW 8 series:




I prefer it to the HW and Corgi castings, as the opening doors are frameless like the real thing.
Other than the blue interior (Blue!?!) I like that a lot

Must try find one
 
Back